Notices

Old 2018-07-30, 13:17   Link #41
haseo0408

Spoiler for Harem:
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 13:32   Link #42
darkofficer
just a devil

That's why it sucks that he suddenly goes to oh no i did love my childhood friend at the moment he started to get a harem.

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 13:41   Link #43
haseo0408

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
That's why it sucks that he suddenly goes to oh no i did love my childhood friend at the moment he started to get a harem.
Well recent spoilers tell that he´s accepting Felicia´s feeling´s so there is that, at the very least he didn´t broke her heart.
haseo0408 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 15:11   Link #44
darkofficer
just a devil

Quote:
Originally Posted by haseo0408 View Post
Well recent spoilers tell that he´s accepting Felicia´s feeling´s so there is that, at the very least he didn´t broke her heart.
but how many volumes did it take.. ?

favorite novel: Rokujouma no Shinryakusha!?
darkofficer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-30, 16:49   Link #45
blitz1/2
Tenshi's Defense Squadron

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkofficer View Post
I don't see how that sucks, that just means that he is devoted.

hai, hai. Onii-chan has his work cut out for him.
blitz1/2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 03:37   Link #46
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by blitz1/2 View Post
I don't see how that sucks, that just means that he is devoted.
But how can he be devoted if it becomes an harem ?
Seiya0890 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 05:19   Link #47
Rimbo99

Basically, who is the best girl in the series?
Rimbo99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-31, 10:21   Link #48
blitz1/2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seiya0890 View Post
But how can he be devoted if it becomes an harem ?
Because doesn't he go true harem once Mitsuki comes over, because that was his primary concern was that he didn't want to cheat on Mitsuki while she is over there, so once she comes over, then that shouldn't be a problem as long as Mitsuki is still Youto's number 1.

Old 2018-07-31, 13:40   Link #49
mark1246

Ive seen some LN illustration that childhood friend Mitsuki is pregnant on 4chan. just letting you guys know.....wait WTF!?!
Old 2018-07-31, 13:49   Link #50
bodo
shirking idiots ...

^From vol 15
Spoiler for :):
Old 2018-07-31, 15:27   Link #51
blitz1/2

Lol, I am up for that. Sequel would be the son with an giri imouto paradise. AHHHH! SO SWEET!

Old 2018-07-31, 20:29   Link #52
mark1246

Quote:
Originally Posted by bodo View Post
^From vol 15
Spoiler for :):
is that the ending, didnt hear any news about that? was she the only girl he bang? if so good for our MC guy for staying faithful to his girl

and let me guess the author cut off the sex scene before anything happen?
Old 2018-08-01, 00:01   Link #53
bodo
shirking idiots ...

It's not the ending, she gave birth in vol 15, vol 16 came out a few months ago; don't know if the snu snu scene was skipped, and it was mentioned above, the girl he wanted to stay faithful to made him walk the harem path ... this is similar to arifureta.
Old 2018-08-01, 08:42   Link #54
Yye1
Wide Right

Damn, did the illustrator change or something? Looks quite different from the ones I have seen from earlier volumes. Any links to illustration after volume 11?

"Me and my girlfreinds are goin to go see Sex and the City." We're like: "Great! Now i dont have to take you to see that shit!"
-The Great Philosopher Chris Rock
Yye1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-01, 09:19   Link #55
bodo
shirking idiots ...

Spoiler for Illustrations Vol 13-15 :):
Old 2018-08-02, 11:21   Link #56
Seiya0890

Too many harem end for me recently this is quite disappointing.
How many harem novel ended with a proper choice these last years ? Not much I guess T_T.
Old 2018-08-02, 16:03   Link #57
readher

Quote:
Too many harem end for me recently this is quite disappointing.
It's a good thing though? If you make protagonist pick, then make it OTP from the start and don't waste other girls on falling in love with MC. Either have multiple pairings or just leave the girls out of romance. Are you some kind of sadist that you enjoy watching girls cry at the end because they didn't get picked? I sure as hell am not. Series like Rakudai do OTP right. Most of them do it wrong. I can understand harem that ends with OTP in realistic settings (modern Japan and stuff), since it's pretty much impossible to have a harem in those circumstances, but if it's fantasy/sci-fi then either make it OTP from start or end it with a true harem. Otherwise it's annoying.
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 03:12   Link #58
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by readher View Post
It's a good thing though? If you make protagonist pick, then make it OTP from the start and don't waste other girls on falling in love with MC. Either have multiple pairings or just leave the girls out of romance. Are you some kind of sadist that you enjoy watching girls cry at the end because they didn't get picked? I sure as hell am not. Series like Rakudai do OTP right. Most of them do it wrong. I can understand harem that ends with OTP in realistic settings (modern Japan and stuff), since it's pretty much impossible to have a harem in those circumstances, but if it's fantasy/sci-fi then either make it OTP from start or end it with a true harem. Otherwise it's annoying.
I totally agree with you on this point to make it OTP near the start. And no I don't enjoy seeing other girls cry ( That is why I hated the second part of SAO S1). Basically that is one of the reason I hate harem in general. But many if not most LN are Harem. And I think its quite unfair that MC is the only one with harem, why the other girls don't have their own harem too then ? I am pretty much sure if the girls had their harem too the serie would be rejected by most people who actually enjoy harem...
Old 2018-08-03, 04:36   Link #59
readher

Quote:
I totally agree with you on this point to make it OTP near the start. And no I don't enjoy seeing other girls cry ( That is why I hated the second part of SAO S1). Basically that is one of the reason I hate harem in general. But many if not most LN are Harem. And I think its quite unfair that MC is the only one with harem, why the other girls don't have their own harem too then ? I am pretty much sure if the girls had their harem too the serie would be rejected by most people who actually enjoy harem...
Most of harem isekais are wish-fulfillment stories with self-insert MCs. Do you seriously need to ask why most people would be upset that people other than said self-insert MC get a harem? Let alone a girl...

Those series need to make money and so they need to do what the audience likes, at least in the core aspects. Just think about it, self-insert MC with lots of girls flocking to him = makes sense. A girl having lots of guys flocking to her = doesn't make sense. The second happens in otome, because that's women's wish-fulfillment fantasy.

There are exceptions in some series though. In Grancrest Senki one of the female rulers had two husbands/lovers, while MC didn't even have a harem but rather only one girl.
readher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-08-03, 14:55   Link #60
Seiya0890

Quote:
Originally Posted by readher View Post
Most of harem isekais are wish-fulfillment stories with self-insert MCs. Do you seriously need to ask why most people would be upset that people other than said self-insert MC get a harem? Let alone a girl...

Those series need to make money and so they need to do what the audience likes, at least in the core aspects. Just think about it, self-insert MC with lots of girls flocking to him = makes sense. A girl having lots of guys flocking to her = doesn't make sense. The second happens in otome, because that's women's wish-fulfillment fantasy.

There are exceptions in some series though. In Grancrest Senki one of the female rulers had two husbands/lovers, while MC didn't even have a harem but rather only one girl.
Did it feel like I was seriously asking ? Of course not, and the reason was obvious like you stated. "self inserted MC" huh ? Does that mean that most harem readers actually feel like they are having an harem when they read it ? And if they ship MC with someone in particular, are they ok if the MC share his "love" (I don't see it as love though) with other girls ? That is something I fail to understand, but maybe this is because I am against polygamy.

LN like Grancrest Senki are quite rare I think, unfortunately.

Tags
another world, fantasy, harem, strategy