AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-01-27, 10:46   Link #401
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by HayashiTakara View Post
I've been at a long days work, if I don't shower my girl won't put out. Its not about culture its about having good hygenes. Besides its Yuki's first time, she don't wanna risk having her flower smell like armpit now does she?
That's why you shower before you go on a date.. but it does make sense. Either way the guy is just sitting there and with his character who knows whats going through his mind.
Old 2009-01-27, 11:21   Link #402
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by DragoZERO View Post
That's why you shower before you go on a date.. but it does make sense. Either way the guy is just sitting there and with his character who knows whats going through his mind.
Actually i cringe at the mere thought of even entertaining any hypothesis of whats might be going through that tards head while he sits on the bed, with a blank look while still fully dressed.
Old 2009-01-27, 11:48   Link #403
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Actually i cringe at the mere thought of even entertaining any hypothesis of whats might be going through that tards head while he sits on the bed, with a blank look while still fully dressed.
You know - in a way I'm almost admiring Touya for his current restraint a bit (unless of course he's harboring some serious doubts). I mean, let's be honest, Yuki is very attractive. If this was your standard 08/15 harem, the lead would be supposed to either drool in anticipation or break down in nervous shivers. Instead, he's sitting there with a brooding look
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 12:07   Link #404
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
You know - in a way I'm almost admiring Touya for his current restraint a bit (unless of course he's harboring some serious doubts). I mean, let's be honest, Yuki is very attractive. If this was your standard 08/15 harem, the lead would be supposed to either drool in anticipation or break down in nervous shivers. Instead, he's sitting there with a brooding look
I dont know if he is showing restraint or if he is just down right scared. Neither he nor Yuki have ever engaged in the horizontal mambo before so i can imagine both of them feeling a little uneasy. I just dont want to know whats going on in his head because usual when we do his thoughts make me face palm sometimes.
Old 2009-01-27, 12:20   Link #405
Mentar
Banned

Uneasy? Well... to be honest, I was rather a bit overeager than uneasy back then... ^_^;

So far, I find it kinda hard to really blame Touya for what he's been doing.
Old 2009-01-27, 13:49   Link #406
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Still wondering , why Touya still wears his clothes ? He should drop his clothes right now and prepare for having sex
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-27, 13:53   Link #407
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

I have nothing against Touya in general, just find him very bland even for a male lead. Every time I watch him I get bored half to tears by his lame antics. The loveliness of the girls are completely offset by this extremely boring male lead.
Old 2009-01-27, 21:16   Link #408
DragoZERO
Spoilaphobic

Quote:
Uneasy? Well... to be honest, I was rather a bit overeager than uneasy back then... ^_^;

I agree. So far everything is circumstantial. He hasn't thought anything that any normal person wouldn't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Sho- View Post
Still wondering , why Touya still wears his clothes ? He should drop his clothes right now and prepare for having sex
He could at least take his jacket off!
Old 2009-01-28, 09:17   Link #409
Gohan78
Awakened One

Unhappy

Quote:
Actually I have a LOT of issues with the guy:
a. Episode 1 - He loses a job because he wakes up at noon. Later, he rejects the pay for his work at Echoes because they had no customers. This is just stupid because 1. he needs the money and 2. his time is still worth something.
b. Episode 2 - He calls Misaki to tell her about Akira's cake but he chickens out and instead speaks of trivial matters.
c. He refuses his father's offer for food, only to later go back to daddy's home to beg for money.
d. He lies to Yuki over the phone about speaking with Rina and about Haruka at the door.
e. He tasks Haruka to register for him at the university after treating her like an annoyance. It's true that she offered to help in the first place but he could have been more grateful.
f. He has the gall to think that Rina is helping him go out with Yuki because she likes him.
g. He forgets the meeting place, thus making Rina wait for nothing and wasting the entire day he should have spent with Yuki.

So far, he definitely does not deserve the love of his harem.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 09:29   Link #410
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
Actually I have a LOT of issues with the guy:
a. Episode 1 - He loses a job because he wakes up at noon. Later, he rejects the pay for his work at Echoes because they had no customers. This is just stupid because 1. he needs the money and 2. his time is still worth something.
b. Episode 2 - He calls Misaki to tell her about Akira's cake but he chickens out and instead speaks of trivial matters.
c. He refuses his father's offer for food, only to later go back to daddy's home to beg for money.
d. He lies to Yuki over the phone about speaking with Rina and about Haruka at the door.
e. He tasks Haruka to register for him at the university after treating her like an annoyance. It's true that she offered to help in the first place but he could have been more grateful.
f. He has the gall to think that Rina is helping him go out with Yuki because she likes him.
g. He forgets the meeting place, thus making Rina wait for nothing and wasting the entire day he should have spent with Yuki.

Not everyone is perfect you know.
Old 2009-01-28, 10:21   Link #411
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:

Everyone is different Touya seems the kind of guy who would actually be shy during his first time. He may be thinking about something while he waits for Yuki but im thinking hers nervous he has not even taken of his jacket.
Old 2009-01-28, 10:27   Link #412
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Too true. I just think the way he's being showcased as a very naive college kid AND showing how little he seems to know about Yuki's situation seems to make it look worse than it is. That, and his creepy goddess thing... ugh.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 11:12   Link #413
meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
Well, what are his good traits then?

I still don't get what the girls see in him. I mean, he's just "there". He's the very definition of mediocrity.
meh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 11:31   Link #414
apr
Pedestrian

Quote:
Originally Posted by meh View Post

I still don't get what the girls see in him. I mean, he's just "there". He's the very definition of mediocrity.
Women are weird. This is a lesson you'd best learn as soon as possible.
Old 2009-01-28, 11:33   Link #415
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
That's anime for ya' .

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 11:34   Link #416
Kouvley

Hmm after 4 episodes I still don't know whether i actually like this show.

The way the viewer is kept at arms length really detracts from my enjoyment of the show and as a consequence I don't feel attatched to any of the characters. I also have to agree somewhat with Gohan78 that Touya hasn't come across as particuarly likeable to me.

Right now I would say I'm probably more interested in the destination of this show rather than the journey.
Kouvley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 12:58   Link #417
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Quote:

Its an anime no ? yes ? what ?
But even thought its an anime , there are some people like him in real life and some girls like this type of men its all !
So you think all is perfect ? you are good to all things in the life ? you didn't do somethings wrong ?
if he's mediocrity then its fine , its not bad or very retarded .
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 13:17   Link #418
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
True. And I agree with 90% of your list. If anything, I do agree that it's often vexing how the anime/eroge-joint background kinda _dictates_ the male lead to be multi-timing and wishy-washy (to include the paths of many girls) while at the same time seemingly irresistible at the same time ^_^;

My point is that so far, I don't think that Touya did something I want to whack him over the head for (mileage may vary, no problem if he's already on your sh*tlist). It will undoubtedly happen, but so far, he's been acting tolerable in my book.
Old 2009-01-28, 13:31   Link #419
Julius Firefocht

A bit late due to Chinese New Year, but here is NK-DS' review of White Album ep4.

http://nk-ds.org/2009/01/white-album...of-cellphones/
Rightousness is our Shield, Faith our armour and Hatred our weapon.
Aye, we are indeed the Angels of Death.
~~~~~

Blog featuring anime, manga, seiyuus, tabletop wargames (WH40K) and everything in between: http://nk-ds.org/
Julius Firefocht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-01-28, 16:37   Link #420
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
...I still don't get what the girls see in him. I mean, he's just "there". He's the very definition of mediocrity.
He made the bonds with Yuki, Haruka, and Misaki in the past, for reasons we haven't seen. But if we go back to the first couple of episodes, we do see a kind of free spirit, with his declaimed soliloquies and his concept of goddesses. And a woman, or any human, kind of likes it when you call them a god(dess).

I may be proved wrong in a couple of days, but my feeling is that Rina isn't after him in that way, but is looking for ways to manipulate him for the good of her company, either by making Yuki happy with her boyfriend, or by getting rid of the boyfriend altogether. I think our expectation that she is romantically interested in him is misdirection on the part of the staff. So far.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
drama, eroge, romance, seinen