AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-06-04, 22:47   Link #801
keelanbleu

Hai, hai! Thanks, Taliesin, for the quick reply. Since irc scares the living bejeezus out of me, I guess I'll just have to wait for my files. All good things come and all that, ne?
keelanbleu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 22:59   Link #802
HG_F
Fansubber

I apologize for those unable to download nodame 12-15 and 18. I enabled them on scarywater as well, so if someone is kind enough to seed, it should go through the scarywater tracker.
HG_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:05   Link #803
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Good to see you went with scarywater HG-F. Nyaa used to be pretty reliable, but lately they seem to be down more than up. and 4 days downtime at the moment is silly. Wonder what they're upto lol

Thanks for the fast releases aswell
Tiamat's Disciple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:14   Link #804
Sazelyt
Μ ε r c ü r υ

Any news of a new season? I can guess where they will end this one, but, considering the quality of the anime and the story, they shouldn't stop there. Though, we hoped the same for Beck, and we have yet to hear about a new season.
Sazelyt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 23:56   Link #805
Solecs

hmm, just watched ep. 19 courtesy of HG-F (Thanks for all the work!) and I just have to say:
Spoiler for ep. 19:
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:13   Link #806
dieseltrain

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
hmm, just watched ep. 19 courtesy of HG-F (Thanks for all the work!) and I just have to say:
Spoiler for ep. 19:
i felt the death was a good touch to the answer why he is so afraid of flying. as for nodame the hypnotist, the was a good way to show nodame has a special magic over chiaki. nodame has caught chiaki in her web and he's not escaping

what day does nodame air?
dieseltrain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 01:47   Link #807
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post
Nodame has caught chiaki in her web and he's not escaping
Spoiler:

She really is a clever girl.
SeijiSensei is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 02:44   Link #808
Solecs

well, here's my opinion on it (I guess I'll still spoiler tag it just in case..)

Spoiler for hypnotism:

Ok so that turned into a mini rant I guess. I suppose I can just overlook this and accept it for what it is, since overall I've still enjoyed this show and will hopefully continue doing so.
Solecs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 06:02   Link #809
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dieseltrain View Post
what day does nodame air?
Thursday is the answer. :3

After watching the sub of episode 19, and i still believe this to be the most powerful episode to date from the series. Not only the hypnotherapy scene (which was beautifully done), though you also have Chiaki hearing about Nodame's change from the beautiful Kaori --- a big change in the storyline.

After such a good episode like this, i truly hope news on a second season appears soon. This episode was to good to let it end with just a few more episodes. We need more, we need a complete series!
Old 2007-06-05, 06:36   Link #810
mdauben

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
After such a good episode like this, i truly hope news on a second season appears soon. This episode was to good to let it end with just a few more episodes. We need more, we need a complete series!
Yes! Yes!

I really enjoyed the episode, but afterwards it struck me to that there are not many more episodes left in this season (just four!). It seems that Nodame Cantabile has been very popular in Japan, too, so hopefully there will be another season.

Plus, someone must licence this series for the US. I wants it!

I need more Nodame!!!!
mdauben is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 07:31   Link #811
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Hah! I knew that Nodame + Pocket-Watch = Trouble for Chiaki!
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 10:56   Link #812
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

Quote:
Originally Posted by HG_F View Post
I apologize for those unable to download nodame 12-15 and 18. I enabled them on scarywater as well, so if someone is kind enough to seed, it should go through the scarywater tracker.
I'm seeding 15 & 18 through scarywater now, though I don't see any other seeds or peers in the stats from Azureus.

Scarywater torrent links for NC 15-19:
15:http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BNyaa...5D.avi.torrent
16:http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F...5D.avi.torrent
17:http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F...5D.avi.torrent
18:http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BNyaa...5D.avi.torrent
19:http://a.scarywater.net/hg-f/%5BHG-F...5D.avi.torrent

Whoops
Looks like the torrent files for 15 and 18 at scarywater actually point to the nyaatorrents.org tracker which is down. Until HGS replaces those torrent files with ones that point directly at scarywater, I can't help seed there Mouse over the links for episodes 15 and 16 to see how they differ.

Last edited by SeijiSensei; 2007-06-05 at 11:14. Reason: 15/18 torrent files problem
Old 2007-06-05, 11:29   Link #813
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Seiji you can still seed them even though the tracker is down. You'll be picked up by the DHT, you just wont show up in the list is all.
Old 2007-06-05, 11:50   Link #814
Laiko

Well just go to properties of the torrent and replace the tracker of nyaa to this
http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce
Laiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 12:16   Link #815
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laiko View Post
Well just go to properties of the torrent and replace the tracker of nyaa to this
http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce
Wont work unless the server side torrent is changed. All that will let you do is pick up on the DHT, which you can already.
Old 2007-06-05, 12:36   Link #816
HG_F
Fansubber

okay, changed the torrent files to say http://tracker.scarywater.net:443/announce on the server-side too now. eps 15 and 18 should work now.

sorry for all the confusion.
HG_F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-05, 12:56   Link #817
SeijiSensei
AS Oji-kun

I followed Laiko's advice and changed the tracker URLs, and I see seeds/peers now. I don't know if that would have worked before HG updated the server-side files, though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taliesin
Seiji you can still seed them even though the tracker is down. You'll be picked up by the DHT, you just wont show up in the list is all.
I have DHT disabled because I use a private tracker that doesn't want to leak torrents via DHT. I'd have to add some UDP forwarding rules to my firewall script as well to support it. I actually don't use the private tracker all that often any more, so I could enable DHT if it's worthwhile. I haven't given it much thought; I just turned it off long ago and left it off.
Old 2007-06-05, 13:23   Link #818
Tiamat's Disciple
Disciple of the Flames

Since they updated it'll work

As for DHT, for anime subs its a godsent, especially with flaky trackers that have a habit of going off line or timing out. And you'd be suprised how many of them there are lol.

As for your private traker, its sloppy coding on there part if it means you have to turn off DHT. Trackers can be set up to allow or disallow DHT connections. Several of the sites i use dont allow DHT but its on their end, and it works.
Old 2007-06-05, 19:47   Link #819
Joojoobees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solecs View Post
other than the fact that the two happened concurrently it really doesn't seem like it's related to him not being able to fly.
The strange thing about the subconscious mind is that it doesn't seem to care if a conscious mind would think it is related or not.

There are very strange things that are demonstrable about hypnotism, but that doesn't mean they make much sense.
Joojoobees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-06, 13:00   Link #820
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Who would have thought that Nodmae would be the answer to Chiaki's flying problem's, Of course she had to throw a little extra in. I was very confused by Nodames 180 degree turn about compeating. She actually wants to take lessons now one could say that she is in it for the prize money and the chance to go overseas effectivly following Chiaki if he does leave. But the determination was good to see and she seems to be good spirits about it. Chiaki seems supportive so it will interesting to see how things turn out. Chiaki seems a lot more caring and considerate towards Nodame i guess he is just use to having her around

Tags
comedy, nodame cantabile, noitamina, romance