AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Aldnoah.Zero

Notices

View Poll Results: Aldnoah.Zero - Episode 13 Rating
Perfect 10 22 20.95%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 20 19.05%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 18 17.14%
7 out of 10 : Good 21 20.00%
6 out of 10 : Average 7 6.67%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 5 4.76%
4 out of 10 : Poor 6 5.71%
3 out of 10 : Bad 2 1.90%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 2 1.90%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.90%
Voters: 105. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2015-01-10, 13:46   Link #41
Fnights
Yoku dekimashita!

Inaho alive is for the better, can't handle Slaine as main MC.

But don't worry people, you will have your deaths at the end of this second season, and you already know who they will be.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:46   Link #42
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
Originally Posted by noobita View Post
It would be nice to see the next princess falling for Inaho.
I would so laugh if that happens. It's bad writing, sure, but it's sorta hilarious.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:46   Link #43
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

The new princess also expressed desire to goto Earth, I am really for another NTR through science...
Old 2015-01-10, 13:49   Link #44
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

*cue Dr. Frankenstein* "It's alive!!! It's ALIVE!!!!!"

So yeah, I'm also relieved that Inaho survived and being rather well (can't believe there's no brain damage whatsoever, but who cares, right?). Even though AZ is just a guilty-pleasure for me (Gundam Build Fighters Try, Fafner Exodus, and kinda-sorta G-Reco are my main-dish mecha-shows this season), Inaho and his tactics pretty much the only thing that draws my interest in this series. As much as I dislike Inaho's robotic nature for no better reason than cool factor, watching his battles is the only thing that motivates me to finish the first season when all else failed (the story, the characters, the Aldnoah hocus pocus, the ladies, even the CG battles on its own does not interest me much). So yay, hoping for the next engaging Inaho-battles this season. That's all I ask from this series.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:50   Link #45
Irenesharda

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangakid95 View Post
HE LIVES!!!!!!!! That's what I'm talking bout. Thank goodness he didn't die, because lets face it, if Slaine was the sole main character, who'd watch this anime? I know I wouldn't.

I was prepared to drop this if Inaho really was dead.
Honestly, I kind of felt the opposite. I wanted to see what they could do without Inaho being the almighty "get out of everything" card and have others in the limelight to do something. So, I'm actually kind of disappointed. Especially since despite with Rayet said, he's still as monotonous and boring as ever, at least in my eyes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tchadnis View Post
now i have doubt if it came from the mouth to mouth action , there for the saliva or the blood ? because , his sister just wonders whos blood was it and she said that not his ? "blood splatter"
Quote:
Originally Posted by bakato View Post
Just watched the sub. Some of the blood on Inaho's face was Asseylum's. His sister's tears gather some of it as it flowed into his mouth, presumably giving him activation rights. Whatever the case, it seems fluid exchange is another unknown method of granting activation rights.

Smooth Inaho! You're heads and shoulders above Slaine when it comes to fighting for the girl and props to the producers for integrating the color of the sky in with the plot! Inaho immediately realized that the Asseylum on screen was a fake because the fake erroneously stated that the sky was blue because of the water.
Despite my feeling that the whole thing was some deus ex machina crap that they pulled out of nowhere to save Inaho, I honestly think it was the blood, since the activation factor is carried through genes and therefore the blood. Also, remember that they mentioned blood quite a bit in this episode with both Inaho and Lemuria.

Also remember that while Asseylum has cried quite a bit last season, she never got hurt enough to bleed until the last episode. It would make since that the Aldnoah drive recognizes blood since the blood is what has the activation factor in it.

As for Inaho realizes, I not so sure until he actually says so. Remember how long it took him to figure out that Seylum was the princess until she actually came right out and said so? Despite how many clues she gave? Yeah, he's still kinda daft sometimes...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 13:51   Link #46
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
It's not as unbelievable as it sounds. The eyes are below the brain so assuming the bullet went straight, it would have only grazed it.
No. It was confirmed the bullet went through the temporal region. Regardless how Inaho was initially emotionless to begin with, damage on the temporal region would involve glaring changes such as auditory and visual impairments as well as language recognition issues and potential amnesia.

Frankly, I can't tell if I should laugh or cry after every events that occured within very few minutes.
Slaine's characterization is in shambles: I see no damn reason for him to save Saazbaum at all, as there is no way for Slaine to make sure the former would never lay a hand on Asseylium.
Likewise, Saazbaum not trying to have his way now that he is completely fine is a bit silly.

Also... how the hell Vers empire failed to completely conquer Earth within 19 months?

Inaho being alive is already pushing too much the asspull there, but the fact he must be the only character that can devise tactics against vers soldiers make me facepalm like no tomorrow. Frankly, the "mob of the week" was a frigging sitting duck, and despite how long it took Inaho to reach him with his rocket J- I mean grenade dash, he just did NOTHING.

The only thought I had at the end of the episode was like: that's it? All this wait for this?
Old 2015-01-10, 13:52   Link #47
Sixth
Hu Tao

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhklan View Post
I would so laugh if that happens. It's bad writing, sure, but it's sorta hilarious.
How is that bad writing. Girls like strong and smart guy, and Inaho fits the bill.

Inko: What are we supposed to do now?
Inaho: Charge to enemy castle.
Inko: Reason?
Inaho: There are 2 princesses for me to captur-save, I mean.
Inko: Seems legit.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:56   Link #48
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Honestly, I kind of felt the opposite. I wanted to see what they could do without Inaho being the almighty "get out of everything" card and have others in the limelight to do something. So, I'm actually kind of disappointed. Especially since despite with Rayet said, he's still as monotonous and boring as ever, at least in my eyes.

Despite my feeling that the whole thing was some deus ex machina crap that they pulled out of nowhere to save Inaho, I honestly think it was the blood, since the activation factor is carried through genes and therefore the blood. Also, remember that they mentioned blood quite a bit in this episode with both Inaho and Lemuria.

Also remember that while Asseylum has cried quite a bit last season, she never got hurt enough to bleed until the last episode. It would make since that the Aldnoah drive recognizes blood since the blood is what has the activation factor in it.

As for Inaho realizes, I not so sure until he actually says so. Remember how long it took him to figure out that Seylum was the princess until she actually came right out and said so? Despite how many clues she gave? Yeah, he's still kinda daft sometimes...
Really? I think his near death experience has really softened him up.

Asseylum cried? Really? I don't remember.

Hey, he had a right to be confused and surprised. I mean he saw her seemingly die right in front of his eyes. Twice! And we don't know for sure that he didn't figure it out before cosnidering eh practically never changes his expression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
No. It was confirmed the bullet went through the temporal region. Regardless how Inaho was initially emotionless to begin with, damage on the temporal region would involve glaring changes such as auditory and visual impairments as well as language recognition issues and potential amnesia.

Frankly, I can't tell if I should laugh or cry after every events that occured within very few minutes.
Slaine's characterization is in shambles: I see no damn reason for him to save Saazbaum at all, as there is no way for Slaine to make sure the former would never lay a hand on Asseylium.
Likewise, Saazbaum not trying to have his way now that he is completely fine is a bit silly.

Also... how the hell Vers empire failed to completely conquer Earth within 19 months?

Inaho being alive is already pushing too much the asspull there, but the fact he must be the only character that can devise tactics against vers soldiers make me facepalm like no tomorrow. Frankly, the "mob of the week" was a frigging sitting duck, and despite how long it took Inaho to reach him with his rocket J- I mean grenade dash, he just did NOTHING.

The only thought I had at the end of the episode was like: that's it? All this wait for this?
Oh, then I got nothing. Depending on the damage, Inaho would've needed a few months of rehab.

Slaine didn't really have much of a choice. He couldn't really trust the Terrans thanks to Inaho and once earth had been conquered the princess wouldn't really be able to do anything about it. So Saazbaum really had nothing to lose. In fact, it's a better deal since he now has Asseylum trapped under his wing so she won't be able to go blabbing.

Presumably, Inaho was fighting on the front lines before during those 19 months.
Old 2015-01-10, 13:58   Link #49
DevilHighDxD
Zero Two Best waifu 2018

Quote:
The Asians are fighting back.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:00   Link #50
Jerseykid

He lives!!! I've never been happier
Old 2015-01-10, 14:00   Link #51
Oboro

Obv Inaho is Alive couse Slaine was ever meant to be the series ntr-antagonist, no more.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:01   Link #52
bastek66

Jesus Christ
Blood of Hime that was on his face is source of Inaho's Aldnoah powers
That's asspull of the year and it's only 10 days into.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:03   Link #53
Irenesharda

Quote:

It's not as unbelievable as it sounds. The eyes are below the brain so assuming the bullet went straight, it would have only grazed it.

Asseylum was called the first princess. So it's not surprising that she has siblings.

Asseyllum might have already been healed and simply in an induced coma to restrain her.

This new princess evidently hates her grandfather. She's just a child too so Saazbaum's probably okay with her considering she's actually helping him. As for why he'd let Asseylum live, it's clear that he and Slaine made a deal in which Slaine would help him in exchange for keeping her alive. It's a win-win for Slaine. The previous season has demonstrated where his loyalties lie. He wants Asseylum to live, but he doesn't really seem to care for his fellow terrans.
"Grazing" the brain is pretty dangerous...and it is rather unbelievable and convienent since they said that if they didn't get him into surgery he would die and then the realize that they are all stuck in a ship that crash landed into a castle, but Inaho somehow has the princess' blood on him that can activate the ship and somehow, despite the fact that the ship crash landed nose-first into the castle it's still able to fly. Also, the fact the bullet was stated to go into his brain, that he had no brain damage at all, and came out of the whole experience with only one mechanical eye? Again, call me unimpressed with the writing.

And then there's Asseylum who is somehow still in a coma after a year and a half, despite the fact that it looked like she wasn't injured half as bad as Inaho, with only a shot though the back and what looked like a grazed head wound.

Anyway, it actually is surprising that Asseylum has siblings (if indeed Lemuria is her sibling) since her father died right before her birth and she was his first child, thus first princess.

Lemuria could be her half-sister from her mother, but that wouldn't give Lemuria Aldnoah powers since that half comes from the father's side. Also, supposedly, Asseylum's mother died not long after her birth. So, I'm expecting a bit of an explanation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The new princess also expressed desire to goto Earth, I am really for another NTR through science...
Ugh...

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 14:07   Link #54
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImperialKnight View Post

Again though it brings to question how the rights are passed down...from the Emperor to the Nobles and then from the Nobles to the lesser knights.....when you think about it that's a lot of bodily fluids being transferred.

The knight kneels in front of the Emperor, lifts his head and opens his mouth. The Emperor pricks his finger with a pin and drops a little blood into the knight's mouth. Then he gathers some saliva in his mouth, leans over the still-kneeling knight and....
Old 2015-01-10, 14:08   Link #55
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

My other gripes with the Aldnoah activation is the fact that the Aldnoah drive is supposed to be shut down if the one behind its activation lose consciousness or dies.

Yet, they could activate it despite Inaho is arguably not conscious. What gives?
Old 2015-01-10, 14:09   Link #56
Wandering Soul

Yes Inaho lives. He also now has a mechanical eye and now has aldnoah rights. Slaine also now has decided to join Sazzbaum and the princess is in some sort of stasis. I wonder if she actually needs it or she is just being restrained through it.

Asseylum having a half sister does explain why they were not worried about losing their ability to use the aldnoah power.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:12   Link #57
ImperialKnight

Finally saw the subs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilHighDxD View Post
The Asians are fighting back.
According to Sazzabum.

North and South America has fallen.

Eurasia and Asia are still being contested due to the surrender of the landing castles in that area.

Given that Inaho and company were in Asia I suppose it makes sense due to the losses the Martians took there that they lost the momentum.

I don't know how else the UEF would take those landing castles given how powerful they are.

Sounds similar to the One Year War.
Quote:
The knight kneels in front of the Emperor, lifts his head and opens his mouth. The Emperor pricks his finger with a pin and drops a little blood into the knight's mouth. Then he gathers some saliva in his mouth, leans over the still-kneeling knight and....
Clearly the Martians haven't heard about AIDs and other related diseases or it doesn't exist in this world

Quote:
My other gripes with the Aldnoah activation is the fact that the Aldnoah drive is supposed to be shut down if the one behind its activation lose consciousness or dies.

Yet, they could activate it despite Inaho is arguably not conscious. What gives?
That's easy, "Wizard"

When all other explanations fail.
Old 2015-01-10, 14:13   Link #58
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
"Grazing" the brain is pretty dangerous...and it is rather unbelievable and convienent since they said that if they didn't get him into surgery he would die and then the realize that they are all stuck in a ship that crash landed into a castle, but Inaho somehow has the princess' blood on him that can activate the ship and somehow, despite the fact that the ship crash landed nose-first into the castle it's still able to fly. Also, the fact the bullet was stated to go into his brain, that he had no brain damage at all, and came out of the whole experience with one a mechanical eye. Again, call me unimpressed with the writing.

And then there's Asseylum who is somehow still in a coma after a year and a half, despite the fact that it looked like she wasn't injured half as bad as Inaho, with only a shot though the back and what looked like a grazed head wound.

Anyway, it actually is surprising that Asseylum has siblings (if indeed Lemuria is her sibling) since her father died right before her birth and she was his first child, thus first princess.

Lemuria could be her half-sister from her mother, but that wouldn't give Lemuria Aldnoah powers since that half comes from the father's side. Also, supposedly, Asseylum's mother died not long after her birth. So, I'm expecting a bit of an explanation.

Ugh...
Not somehow. The beginning fo the episode clearly showed Asseylum's blood splattering on Inaho's face when she was shot, which isn't unbelievable considering she was right in front of him.

The thing about comas is that once you slip into them, there's no telling when you'll ever wake up.

True and exactly. She got shot in the back and a substantial amount of time had passed so she must have bled quite a bit. Significant blood loss coupled with the shot to her head which would certainly count as brain trauma could definitely cause a coma.

Maybe it's like someone said and he had multiple wives.

Quote:

It only shuts down when they are clinically dead. Falling asleep does not count. Presumably, touching the drive or being near it is enough. Wehn we saw the princess activate the Deucalion's ddrive, she was clearly touching it or near it,
Old 2015-01-10, 14:17   Link #59
Irenesharda

Quote:

This kind of exactly as I felt as well. I felt that they pulled a bunch of conveniences out of nowhere just to have Inaho up and running, despite the fact that he actually should be worse off than Asseylum. And somehow, their conditions are perplexingly reversed!

Also, I really can't get what Slaine and Saazbaum are up to at this point, however, I have to say, that something about Slaine's sudden turn to helping Saazbaum and what he said about "taking care of the thorn in their side" makes me think that there's more going on here with Slaine. Unless they have the worst writers in the world, I think Slaine has some reason for his sudden turn to helping Saazbaum and that he's got a plan of his own that we don't know about yet.

Quote:
Really? I think his near death experience has really softened him up.

Asseylum cried? Really? I don't remember.

Hey, he had a right to be confused and surprised. I mean he saw her seemingly die right in front of his eyes. Twice! And we don't know for sure that he didn't figure it out before cosnidering eh practically never changes his expression.
I never really warmed up to Inaho, so I could really take or leave his character. He didn't really do anything this episode that he hasn't done before, so I see him as exactly the same.

Asseylum cried when her grandfather made the announcement. She cried a whole bunch when she pleaded before Rayet. She's your normal princess with the heat of gold in terms of the waterworks.

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu
Old 2015-01-10, 14:19   Link #60
ID555
Kamaboko smash & grab

Quote:
Originally Posted by the one above all View Post
Asseylum having a half sister does explain why they were not worried about losing their ability to use the aldnoah power.
Oh... good one. Sazbomb has probably brainwashed her and prepared her beforehand. Asseylum is his leash against Slaine if he ever gets a brain and betrays him.
Closed Thread