AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2018-05-10, 00:45   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 904 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

Golden Week's over, so we're back in business! Credit goes to AP's Sandman for the info:

-Chapter title is "All commanders of the Revolutionary Army appear". The ministory seems to involve Orlumbus telling the king of his country (the "Standing Kingdom") that he intends to retire from adventuring.

-As the title indicates, this chapter focuses on the revolutionaries! As it turns out, after getting attacked by Blackbeard at Baltigo, the RA decided to relocate their HQ.... to the Kamabakka Kingdom! Many of the officers, including familiar faces like Sabo, Ivankov, and Inazuma are gathered there. Speaking of Sabo, he gets excited when he reads the news about Luffy. Interestingly, we also learn that Germa was booted out from the World Government. As for Dragon himself, he makes a startling announcement: He intends to declare war against the Celestial Dragons at the Reverie....!!!!

-Meanwhile, at the Lurucia Kingdom (the kingdom mentioned just last chapter, whose princess was kidnapped by pirates), the country is under attack by a pirate named Pinkbeard, who is a subordinate of Blackbeard! He has a 52 million bounty on his head, and wants to rob the kingdom of the money it gathered as tribute for the world nobles. As he continues terrorizing the citizens, a valiant group of four people stand up against him.....

-....Those four people being none other than the four commanders of the Revolutionary Army! The commanders are: Morley of the West Army, who's a giant (and apparently an okama). Belo Betty of the East Army, a woman who berates the citizens for lacking the courage to face the pirates (even going as far as to call them trash). Next is Lindbergh of the South Army, who seems to be a cat mink who uses his own invented weapons, and finally, there's Karasu of the North Army (apparently, he was the commander Sabo spoke with at Dressrosa). Belo Betty works up the citizens with her DF ability, the Kobu Kobu ni Mi (means "encouragement"), giving them the strength and courage to take on the pirates. Soon, commander and civilian alike team up to take down Pinkbeard and his gang! Lindbergh uses some type of freezing weapon on the pirates, while Karasu can control crows (which he's named after, fittingly enough!) After the battle, Betty tells the citizens that they'll never abandon the weak who have the will to fight, and suggests they turn in Pinkbeard for his bounty. Before leaving, she gives them the contact info for the RA, telling them to call anytime they need help. At this point, the Reverie is only two days away.....!!!!

Edit: Pics!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2018-05-11 at 08:17.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 11:06   Link #2
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Awesome, the revolutionaries are finally about to make their move!

Is Pinkbeard's bounty correct? It's awfully low. 4 commanders + citizens teaming up against a guy like that seems overkill. Yes, I know bounties aren't power levels, but they do give us a good indication where a character is standing.
Old 2018-05-10, 11:25   Link #3
marvelB

Okay, updated with pics of the commanders! Most will probably flock to Belo Betty and Karasu, but personally, I'm kinda digging Lindbergh, heh.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
Is Pinkbeard's bounty correct? It's awfully low. 4 commanders + citizens teaming up against a guy like that seems overkill. Yes, I know bounties aren't power levels, but they do give us a good indication where a character is standing.

Seems to be correct, yeah. Speaking of, when he's beaten, PB threatens the commanders with Blackbeard's name, but according to Betty, Teach isn't really the type to care about his defeated subordinates. In short, Pinkbeard is just expendable fodder, lol.

Oh, and another interesting tidbit: It looks like Lurucia is the homeland of Moda, the milk delivery girl from Ace's ministory! In fact, she's at the forefront of the civilians who are terrorized by (and later fights back against) Pinkbeard! Makes me wonder if we'll see Comil, the marine VA from that ministory, make an appearance, as well....?
Old 2018-05-10, 13:13   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

was it made clear whether or not the RA lost to BB and his crew at baltigo?
Old 2018-05-10, 14:19   Link #5
Rainbowman

I bet the Reverie arc will be short. I estimate 10 or 20 chapters. My predictions include the fate of the warlords in terms of occupational status, the revolutionaries going through with their war, and the appearance of the green marine admiral and possibly some mention of former or future admirals of different colors.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-10, 14:25   Link #6
foxbox360
New Age Badass

I wonder this is the war Oda was hyping about the Revolutionaries vs the World Government mix with the Throne War. It Sound like the war to end all war since the series is 65% done and Luffy is currently fighting the Yonkou's now.
Old 2018-05-10, 20:21   Link #7
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

I prefer that they will be mainly talk about Luffy anyway. Luffy's allies are attending Reverie so aside of the Revolutionaries, Luffy will be also a part of main topic since we know that some of the Kingdoms are his allies.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 03:58   Link #8
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

the revolutionary armies look strooonng... with Betty, they could easily replenish their armies
I wonder if Morley have logia power since he could easily manipulate terrains

I really wish Aokiji would join revolutionaries though..
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 04:18   Link #9
rladls2121

Kuzan, who joined Blackbeard Pirates for whatever reason.
That masked champion of the Blackbeard Pirates was able to discover one of the Revolutionaries's bases and destroyed it.
Will the Revolutionaries give Kuzan a warm welcome?
Unless Kuzan is one of the Revolutionaries all along for the Blackbeard Pirates undercover?
rladls2121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-11, 07:34   Link #10
Ramero

Kuzan is running the Black Ops or known as Black Operation. This is high level beyond CP-0's task itself since CP cannot be involved in such matter due to easy to be discovered by Shiryu.

Since this is a high risk one, Kuzan can only contact certain person or meeting them in coincidence. Even Doflamingo may not know what Aokiji plan to do after he quit Navy.
Old 2018-05-11, 08:26   Link #11
marvelB

Huh, for a fodder enemy, I actually kinda like Pinkbeard's design. Still, it seems he's ultimately like Bellamy, though (some schmuck who got permission to use the flag of a more powerful pirate by chance.... though at least Bellamy sort of had his redemption at Dressrosa). Heh, I wonder how many more of Blackbeard's followers are beards of different hues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I wonder if Morley have logia power since he could easily manipulate terrains
Morley's ability reminds me a bit of Senor Pink from Doflamingo's crew, considering how he popped out of the ground like that. Though, the terrain manipulation could also be a sign that he has an awakened Paramecia ability, as well (which I think would be pretty fitting for one of the top commanders of the RA ). I'm still more interested in Lindbergh, though.... the fact that he makes his own weapons could mean he might trade ideas with Usopp and/or Franky, should they meet in the future....
Old 2018-05-11, 09:50   Link #12
Ramero

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvelB View Post
I'm still more interested in Lindbergh, though.... the fact that he makes his own weapons could mean he might trade ideas with Usopp and/or Franky, should they meet in the future....
I'm very interested in Lindbergh's capabilities. I do want to see how Lindbergh can witness Usopp and Franky's abilities of making weaponry. Perhaps some exchange of knowledge will give Franky and Usopp power-up for upcoming arcs.
Old 2018-05-11, 11:44   Link #13
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

I liked the humor in this chapter. Karasu was getting build up as the silent mysterious type, but it turns out he just forgot to turn on his mic

Betty's outfi-, I mean, her DF ability, is pretty interesting. Being able to boost the strength of your allies is incredibly useful. The other three made a good impression too. If I had one complaint, it's that their entrance was wasted on a fodder like Pinkbeard. On the other hand, it showed they won't ignore any threat made to the people. And it's extremely important to have the people on your side when you want to pull off a revolution.
Old 2018-05-12, 16:33   Link #14
BPD Renegade

Of the four commanders, so far I really like Lindbergh. He seems to be a mink, though what type? Some kind of rodent? Betty reminds me of all the anime adaptations of Joan of Arc, with that banner and all.

Looks like Sabo started a new fashion statement in the Revolutionary Army. Three of the commanders are wearing goggles over their hats.
BPD Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-13, 00:44   Link #15
Ramero

Betty reminds me of Jerome-092 where his Leader Power on Halo Wars 2 is the same type, Inspiration. But i think that's how Revolutionaries can get more men that World Gov and Marines do.
Old 2018-05-15, 09:24   Link #16
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Her personality doesn't match her DF, almost like Barto's

step 1
Trash talk civilians
step 2
use DF xD
Old 2018-05-17, 01:34   Link #17
marvelB

Unfortunate news, guys.... it looks like THERE WILL BE NO CHAPTER THIS WEEK! Apparently it may have been due to Oda missing the Golden Week deadline. If so, we've got another week's wait on our hands....
Old 2018-05-17, 10:35   Link #18
grecefar

well it was that or a chapter like the boku no hero.
grecefar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-05-17, 17:02   Link #19
aliasxn
Eye for an Eye

I don't understand why Oda needs to take so many breaks. The #1 top-selling manga of all time and they can't hire more fucking assistants?
Old 2018-05-18, 00:10   Link #20
marvelB

^Well again, this time seems to be due more to a scheduling conflict, so I don't think Oda's to blame here (and it's his bosses who decided to give him extra breaks in the first place, so THEY'RE the ones to blame if anything, heh ).

Anyway, on a more positive note, the cover for volume 89 has been revealed:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

^Neat cover, though I do find it rather odd that Katakuri seems to have flat teeth in that close-up of his face, as opposed to the usual fangs....