AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-02-19, 22:37   Link #741
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Is that what Funi's alternate angle is on their DVDs? I've never been able to figure it out before. LOL, I guess I was looking in the wrong spot (obviously I must have credit blindness).

EDIT: I just checked my FMA, Galaxy Railways, Negima, and Moon Phase videos and sure enough that's what they are.

EDIT 2: Just for grins I checked His and Her Circumstances as well (Right Stuf) and sure enough that's what it's for too (though it's backwards from Funi's. Funi defaults to english credits, Right Stuf defaults to Japanese).
Wow, learn something new every day.

Last edited by rooboy; 2007-02-19 at 23:09.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 23:18   Link #742
miyu chan

OH, so that why the angle symble always shows up on on all my funi dvds, so it actually does have a purpose! I feel silly now #'o'#
miyu chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-02-19, 23:27   Link #743
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Me too, I've actually flipped it a couple of times trying to figure out what it changes. When I couldn't figure it out, I just assumed it didn't do anything and ignored it. Turns out there's actually a reason for it!
Old 2007-02-21, 20:12   Link #744
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

volume 4 of TMP landed in my mailbox today .... comments when I get a chance to browse (especially looking to see how the still frame fighting was redone) both volume 3 and 4 later this week.
Old 2007-03-07, 13:09   Link #745
Kensuke

Finally volume 4 arrived (with Fate/stay night vol. 2 and Rumbling Hearts vol. 2).
Some time has passed since I watched these episodes fansubbed and I remembered the main points, but there was a lot of "new", that I didn't recall.

Kouhei's grandfather was one of the most interesting characters I have seen. A very likeable person.

A few screenshots from episode 15-18, might be NSFW:
Spoiler:

Just noticed that the last DVD of tsukuyomi comes out the same day (May 15) as the first DVD of that other cute vampire series.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-03-07, 15:14   Link #746
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

One of the reasons I usually buy what I watch in fansubs... video quality. Since fansubs are encodes of broadcast episodes, they rarely have the richness of a DVD (not to mention all the animation cleanup, scene addition, and edits DVDs usually have). Volume 4 was great to watch...
Old 2007-03-10, 00:24   Link #747
Asrialys

First time watching this series. Just started watching volume 4 and finished episode 15. What's with that pink-haired woman? And just to clarify, just what did she do to get Kouhei to let go?

Oh, right, forgot to watch volume 3 subbed...Yes, I watch both (if I haven't seen either before).
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-04-17, 22:07   Link #748
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Volume 5 just arrived..... falling behind, I haven't watched volume 3 completely yet.
Don't remember the sequence you describe, if I get a chance will review it.
Old 2007-05-21, 21:46   Link #749
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

And my Tsukuyomi Moon Phase video collection is officially complete.

Yay! (now to try and find time to actually watch the rest of it... including the omake special episode.)
Old 2007-05-23, 07:58   Link #750
Kensuke

Hehe, I got my vol. 6 today ( and it has one of the cutest covers I have seen ).

I also haven't seen the special episode, so something new to watch, even thought I don't remember how exactly Tsukuyomi ended.
Kensuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 01:50   Link #751
Asrialys

Wow, what an interesting and random special episode.

Spoiler for LOL 26:

Last edited by Asrialys; 2007-06-04 at 18:20.
Asrialys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-06-04, 16:28   Link #752
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

very random ... ep 26 reminded me that after this series Shinbo started up on Pani Poni Dash. The art style and absurdist plot make a natural segue from TMP to PPD.

I also discovered my computer work box (not my gaming machine) is on its last legs as something I can watch DVDs on. It doesn't have any problem with avi/mkv/mp4 or even older DVDs but playing this DVD just rattled its little brains. The audio and subtitles got completely out of sync with the video.
Its an older box (an old ShuttleXP running w2ksp4).

My gaming box handled the DVD just fine of course... once I installed an actual DVD playing software ... the god damned Windows Media Player kept insisting I needed to update my video driver because there were "DRM digital protection issues" between the DVD-ROM and the video card. Bullshit (my video driver is the latest from nvidea). I took it as a "preview" of what Vista has in store for everyone.
Old 2008-03-13, 21:55   Link #753
Potatochobit
Certified Organic

does anyone have the new box set?

is the picture booklet HQ or is it just a cheap throw together? I don't really want to repurchase the series if the book is nothing special.
Potatochobit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-14, 03:48   Link #754
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

"new box set"?

I can only find references and listings for the english release box set from Funimation in 2006. Got a linkage? Is this a "perfect collection" type of thing?

edit: never mind, found it on funimation's site ... wierd that Amazon and DVDpacific have no pre-order for it.

Hmmm, the box artwork is sparse -- but I actually kind of like it because the characters are against a white background and easy to see rather than a really busy mess of a background. don't see any data about any included swag like a picture book.

Definitely a nice price for the collection (6 DVDs) though ($69.98). Its due out March 18.
http://www.rightstuf.com/1-800-338-6...m/77146/60/0/0

Note: I'd forgotten what a hilariously offbase marketing trailer Funimation had produced for TMP..... you'd think the market-droids would watch more than a couple of episodes before creating such misleading stuff.

Last edited by Vexx; 2008-03-14 at 04:00.
Vexx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-21, 23:44   Link #755
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
edit: never mind, found it on funimation's site ... wierd that Amazon and DVDpacific have no pre-order for it.
DVD Pacific
Amazon
This appears to be the price point all of Funimation's box sets are going to be at. The recent or upcoming Black Cat, Peach Girl and Speedgrapher box sets are all the same price.
Here is the Animeondvd forum thread about the boxset, including pictures. Unfortunately I can't answer your question about the booklets because mine hasn't arrived in the mail yet. If you bought the original, my impression was that the box only included material that was in the original releases. I'm only buying it because it shrinks the size on my shelves (which are getting ridiculously full).

EDIT: Oh, and the Solty Rei box set is the same price too. LOL, I knew I was forgetting one.

Last edited by rooboy; 2008-03-21 at 23:54.
rooboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-03-22, 02:08   Link #756
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

No fair, you checked today while I had checked on the 14th
Old 2008-03-27, 10:17   Link #757
rooboy
Umeboshi!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
No fair, you checked today while I had checked on the 14th
Well, I was really only throwing in the links while I was pointing him to a more appropriate place to find out what all was included, etc. I just figured since you included the link to Rightstuf, I would include the link on DVDPacific and Amazon for those people who don't use TRSI. It wasn't really intended to impugn your ability to find the box set on other sites.
Old 2008-06-08, 22:27   Link #758
incube
Dango Master
*IT Support

Hmm all this randomness and goth-loli thing is getting on my nerves... The animation style is certainly interesting but there is a limit to how much cuteness you put on a char..

And that OP surely doesnt help -.- Nekomimi mode ... Kiss Kiss Kiss >.<
incube is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-09, 10:45   Link #759
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Have any news emerged about the possibility for Tsukuyomi to get a second season?
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-06-10, 13:16   Link #760
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

As far as I can tell, TMP is a 'finished' product. The anime series had a definite ending and the manga is moving in directions far away from the scope of anime's storyline. There's been no figure releases in quite a while.

My take is that the Otaku Machine has moved on to other shiny things.

Tags
fantasy, kemonomimi, seinen