AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-08-16, 13:45   Link #761
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

"HORREEE SHIIT!"

Lol. I have to admit. The cliche storm was cranked up high here (Matrix lol) but I still loved it.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 15:47   Link #762
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarahvonreese View Post
not will,was.

It's an omake piece of the game 428. depicting the past of both canaans and their master's last mission together.

Though Akio Ôtsuka's voice keeps me from not considering him another clone of Snake.
Hopefully an Alphard movie shows up. She's more interesting and tragic I bet. That last mission has to show up in some form in the anime so that anime only viewers will know what the feud is about.

It would be nice to know why that guy named them both Canaan and why Alphard discarded her "Canaan".
Old 2009-08-16, 16:12   Link #763
AzoLto

About the...

Spoiler for End of Episode 07:

Liang Qi sure has one serious sister complex. Alphard is still awesome though. Always remains unfazed.
AzoLto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-16, 20:32   Link #764
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Im interested to know just how many Canaans there were in the past. Alphard said she threw it away so she made a choice. Apparently Maria is/was a Canaan as well but cant remember and Canaan is the well the new Canaan. What qualification does one need to obtain the title of Canaan and what does it really mean. Does it mean the others that came before failed in someway? Can Canaan only be a female or can it also be a male. We know what Canaan means but not to what end.

After all this im now focusing on Alphards plans are. What does she really want what are her goals. Its all about the mission to her no emotion which she has already stated so what then is this mission. Is it to start WWIII or does it run deeper than that. I find her more interesting in Canaan right now even though i love her to death and wondering about why she collapsed at the end.

I knew eventually what happened to Liang was going to happen sooner rather than later. HORREEE SHIIT did you see her face when Alphard basically said your a waste of space i thought she was claw her own face out. Obviously being siblings come second to whatever Alphard has planned. One emotionally imouto and the other a unemotional Onee san this was bound to happen. Alphard said she throwing her away does this mean Liang is to no longer take part in operations?
Old 2009-08-16, 20:35   Link #765
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Well it could also mean disowning her totally. LQ's on her own imo.

Actually, I thought we have only 2 Canaan's so far, Alphard and the current Canaan.
Old 2009-08-16, 21:02   Link #766
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
Well it could also mean disowning her totally. LQ's on her own imo.

Actually, I thought we have only 2 Canaan's so far, Alphard and the current Canaan.
Maybe I was mistaken i could have sworn that Alphard hinted that Maria was Canaan as well. But then she said kicked her said how could she have forgotten everything.

im going to watch the scene again.
Old 2009-08-16, 22:35   Link #767
SwiftStrike
Reaching for the Heavens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
"HORREEE SHIIT!"

Lol. I have to admit. The cliche storm was cranked up high here (Matrix lol) but I still loved it.
yeah, so random it was funny.

so Canaan without the eyes=normal person?
Old 2009-08-16, 22:43   Link #768
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Canaan probably strained herself to make the bomb miss, like overextending a muscle and can't use her pseudo-Jedi powers for a while. ^^;
Old 2009-08-16, 23:09   Link #769
tjalorak
Fax Caelestis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Maybe I was mistaken i could have sworn that Alphard hinted that Maria was Canaan as well. But then she said kicked her said how could she have forgotten everything.

Maybe Alphard was just referring to the Shibuya incident, considering that was the last time the two met. Also, in an earlier episode, the editor tells Minoru that Maria has amnesia regarding that incident.
Old 2009-08-17, 05:06   Link #770
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjalorak View Post
Maybe Alphard was just referring to the Shibuya incident, considering that was the last time the two met. Also, in an earlier episode, the editor tells Minoru that Maria has amnesia regarding that incident.
Alphard was indeed referring to their meeting during the Shibuya incident 2 years ago. Since...
Spoiler for 428 game plot:
Old 2009-08-17, 09:34   Link #771
Gohan78
Awakened One

Quote:
I think she was using the name Canaan metaphorically in that case. Canaan is the 'Land of Hope' of the Jews. Alphard was basically saying "how can an idiot like you be her (Canaan's) 'promised land'"?

Also, even if Liang Qi calls Alphard her "oneesama" I don't think they are actually related. If you watched Marimite you would know that Oneesama is a title of admiration given to a girl's senpai.
(De Vermis Mysteriis)
Gohan78 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 09:48   Link #772
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post

Also, even if Liang Qi calls Alphard her "oneesama" I don't think they are actually related. If you watched Marimite you would know that Oneesama is a title of admiration given to a girl's senpai.
Dont know if they are blood related but i mean anyone who watches anime or knows slightest bit about Japanese culture knows that Onee sama is a title of respect used when referring to a female who is older or looked up to as a role model does not just have to be a classmate or a relative. Alpahard mentioned something about family in one episode so i assumed they were blood related. Either way their relationship seems to be a 1 sided love lol.
Old 2009-08-17, 09:52   Link #773
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gohan78 View Post
True, also Alphard is an Arab while Liang Qi is Chinese so it's unlikely that they are really blood siblings.
Old 2009-08-17, 11:07   Link #774
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bordix View Post
As much I like Canaan, but her pulling random powers right from her ass wad a bit disappointing. I really hope they would elaborate wtf her eye's can really do.
Well, you can wiki what synesthesia can do. Canaan being able to see the pattern behind the numbers with her abilities isn't that surprising, because she could be seeing them with different colours and be able to difference them. It's called "Grapheme → color synesthesia".

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 11:23   Link #775
synaesthetic
blinded by blood
*Author

Send a message via AIM to synaesthetic
Not to mention it isn't natural synaesthesia, but caused by the Ua virus. So it's no more of an asspull than the T-Virus of Resident Evil or the Forced Evolutionary Virus of Fallout.
Old 2009-08-17, 12:13   Link #776
Hari Michiru
Insane Fangirl
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by synaesthetic View Post
Not to mention it isn't natural synaesthesia, but caused by the Ua virus. So it's no more of an asspull than the T-Virus of Resident Evil or the Forced Evolutionary Virus of Fallout.
It isn't natural? *doesn't remember where it said that*

Well, even if it isn't natural, her being able to differentiate the numbers while hacking is a synesthesia ability anyway. I don't get why that part is an 'asspull', as you put it.

Anime-Planet.com - anime | manga | reviews
Hari Michiru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 16:24   Link #777
felix
sleepyhead
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by AzoLto View Post
Liang Qi sure has one serious sister complex. Alphard is still awesome though. Always remains unfazed.
Is she confirmed as her sister?
Old 2009-08-17, 17:10   Link #778
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

From episode 6, it sounded more like she wasn't related to her (but in Liang Qi mind, that is another story)
Old 2009-08-17, 19:38   Link #779
Fweakin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cats View Post
Is she confirmed as her sister?
I thought it was quite clear that they nowhere near being related. One being Arab, the other being Chinese and all that......
Fweakin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-08-17, 19:57   Link #780
k//eternal
do you know ベアトリーチェ様?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hari Michiru View Post
It isn't natural? *doesn't remember where it said that*

Well, even if it isn't natural, her being able to differentiate the numbers while hacking is a synesthesia ability anyway. I don't get why that part is an 'asspull', as you put it.
In fact, it's probably the ability closest to real-world synesthesia that she's ever used...
k//eternal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
animage, type moon