AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2010-12-01, 22:37   Link #1001
Elo the Blue
Mama there goes that man!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kitsoru View Post
Unrelatedly, I was adding info about the Leo II/Chimera and the Leo IV/Gryph to the wiki when it occurred to me- Tallgeese's model number is OZ-MS00, and Leo's is OZ-MS06. So perhaps the Gryph and the Chimera (and some others?) will fill in OZ-01 through OZ-05 since those serial numbers are still 'free' so to speak? I hope we'll get more info...
You could be right. I'd never thought of the gap between the suit numbers.

On another note, I'm wondering if any part of EW:GotD will end up conflicting with FT. I doubt it but it's just something that's crossed my mind.
Old 2010-12-01, 22:48   Link #1002
Kitsoru
:3c

...Huh. Just noticed another thing. In Episode Zero (Relena's chapter), which takes place in AC 191, Treize says to Zechs "The Commander of OZ, General Catalonia, wants to assess the capabilities of our mobile suits."

This implies that Kyrie was still alive all the way up to that point. So if Sumisawa offs him in the novel (before this point in history), there's another retcon we have. x.x

The novel also mentions "According to the records, Treize Khushrenada and Zechs Merquise's first sortie was in AC 195 ((JAP point rebel control)). That, however, was not the truth. The reason [for this] will become clear in due time, but now is not that time." but here they are clearly working together in 191 as well... Sigh. I guess we'll see.
Btw, Zechs also refers to Treize as a 'Commander' at this point. Zechs is called Officer by Treize.

Another funny little note- I was checking the chapter to see the exact wording about Heero (I was right, they say only "no record"), and was looking closely at the illustrations of the boy who is obviously Heero... to see if his eyebrow tufts were ever shown (as proof it MUST be Heero) XD They weren't! They covered them up the whole time. I lol'd.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elo the Blue View Post
On another note, I'm wondering if any part of EW:GotD will end up conflicting with FT. I doubt it but it's just something that's crossed my mind.
I can't see how it would, seeing as the point of GotD seems to be to retell the series with all the new info/backstory/EVERYTHING compiled into it; aka, a 'more complete' version of the series.
Kitsoru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 23:00   Link #1003
Elo the Blue

Quote:
...Huh. Just noticed another thing. In Episode Zero (Relena's chapter), which takes place in AC 191, Treize says to Zechs "The Commander of OZ, General Catalonia, wants to assess the capabilities of our mobile suits."

This implies that Kyrie was still alive all the way up to that point. So if Sumisawa offs him in the novel (before this point in history), there's another retcon we have. x.x

The novel also mentions "According to the records, Treize Khushrenada and Zechs Merquise's first sortie was in AC 195 ((JAP point rebel control)). That, however, was not the truth. The reason [for this] will become clear in due time, but now is not that time." but here they are clearly working together in 191 as well... Sigh. I guess we'll see.
Btw, Zechs also refers to Treize as a 'Commander' at this point. Zechs is called Officer by Treize.

Another funny little note- I was checking the chapter to see the exact wording about Heero (I was right, they say only "no record"), and was looking closely at the illustrations of the boy who is obviously Heero... to see if his eyebrow tufts were ever shown (as proof it MUST be Heero) XD They weren't! They covered them up the whole time. I lol'd.
Interesting. I'm watching you Sumisawa...

Maybe evidence of Zechs and Treize's Mogadishu sortie was deleted.

Quote:
I can't see how it would, seeing as the point of GotD seems to be to retell the series with all the new info/backstory/EVERYTHING compiled into it; aka, a 'more complete' version of the series.
Didn't know that. So you mean it will conflict with FT right?

Guess I'll be picking and choosing what not to consider canon.
Old 2010-12-01, 23:14   Link #1004
Kitsoru

Quote:
Didn't know that. So you mean it will conflict with FT right?

Guess I'll be picking and choosing what not to consider canon.
No, no, I mean that GotD and FT will share canon. Basically, the original animated canon is being revised to include FT, Episode Zero, whatever mangas came out after the series (BT or BoP or G0, whatever Sumisawa decides), and maybe other sidestories, to create a 'complete' version of the series. In other words, overwriting the original TV series.

So basically we'll now have the original animated version of canon, and the Glory of the Defeated version of canon.

This is all my guess, though; I mean considering Glory is obviously retelling series events in everything we've seen so far (while incorporating several manga elements already) it's certainly looking that way though.
Old 2010-12-01, 23:19   Link #1005
Elo the Blue

Quote:
No, no, I mean that GotD and FT will share canon. Basically, the original animated canon is being revised to include FT, Episode Zero, whatever mangas came out after the series (BT or BoP or G0, whatever Sumisawa decides), and maybe other sidestories, to create a 'complete' version of the series. In other words, overwriting the original TV series.

So basically we'll now have the original animated version of canon, and the Glory of the Defeated version of canon.

This is all my guess, though; I mean considering Glory is obviously retelling series events in everything we've seen so far (while incorporating several manga elements already) it's certainly looking that way though.
Oh...I see. That theory makes sense.

I can't to see Chapter 2. I wonder what Duo will say upon seeing Heero descending to Earth.
Old 2010-12-01, 23:28   Link #1006
Kitsoru

Quote:
Oh...I see. That theory makes sense.

I can't to see Chapter 2. I wonder what Duo will say upon seeing Heero descending to Earth.
We have Chapter Two already (the scans, anyway)

They're here on SRW: http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2...cember-2010-2/

They just were missing the FT scans from that issue, but they had GotD.
Old 2010-12-01, 23:38   Link #1007
Elo the Blue

Quote:
We have Chapter Two already (the scans, anyway)

They're here on SRW: http://superrobotwar.wordpress.com/2...cember-2010-2/

They just were missing the FT scans from that issue, but they had GotD.
You're right. Downloading it now.

Last edited by Elo the Blue; 2010-12-01 at 23:55.
Elo the Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-01, 23:55   Link #1008
Elo the Blue

Just "read" Chapter 2. Hopefully I'm wrong but other than what Duo went through prior to and at the beginning of OM, it doesn't seem anything new will be revealed. Maybe we'll finally learn the name of the OZ co-pilot that Duo eventually killed.
Old 2010-12-02, 00:00   Link #1009
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:

That's a nice way of putting it. You know I hope that's the case. That makes all the retcons acceptable [for me].

Anyway, here's the December 2010 Chapter of EW: GotD:

http://www.mediafire.com/?7sa7m2szbrn7yrn

MichaelKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 00:00   Link #1010
Kitsoru

Just found where Deacon had mentioned that Heero recognizes the 'White Leo'... And I see what you mean about the scans being too small, Deacon. Can barely read the hiragana at all. x(

WHOO! Thanks, MichaelKnight! Now I can feebly attempt to parse kana \8D/
Old 2010-12-02, 00:08   Link #1011
Elo the Blue

Thanks again Michael.
Old 2010-12-02, 00:14   Link #1012
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Anything for Gundam Wing, guys. Anything at all. ^_^
Old 2010-12-02, 00:34   Link #1013
Kitsoru

Okay, so as Deacon mentioned before, on page 16, when Heero sees Zechs' Leo...

Heero: "Shiro no Leo (White Leo...)" "Kyuushiki ga!? ([The/An] old type [Leo]!?)"

So it might be a Chimera or it might be a Gryph. Either way, that's proof that Sumisawa's incorporating FT stuff.
Old 2010-12-02, 00:42   Link #1014
peacecraft

LOL, nice timing Michael, I just finished uploading the Jan issue of Glory myself!

Anyone who loves episode 2 will surely enjoy this chapter! XD

Grandfather, roses just don't look good on me either. I'd look better soaked in the blood of OZ!
Relena Darlian, Episode 11 The Whereabouts of Happiness
peacecraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 00:47   Link #1015
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

LOL yeah. Cheers, peacecraft!
Old 2010-12-02, 00:47   Link #1016
Kitsoru

Quote:
Originally Posted by peacecraft View Post
Anyone who loves episode 2 will surely enjoy this chapter! XD
Card ripping action!
Old 2010-12-02, 00:50   Link #1017
MichaelKnight
Faaarrrkkkkk

Quote:
Card ripping action!
But... I love Relena... ouch!
Heero, you bloody bastard. T____T
Old 2010-12-02, 01:00   Link #1018
Elo the Blue

Quote:
Okay, so as Deacon mentioned before, on page 16, when Heero sees Zechs' Leo...

Heero: "Shiro no Leo (White Leo...)" "Kyuushiki ga!? ([The/An] old type [Leo]!?)"

So it might be a Chimera or it might be a Gryph. Either way, that's proof that Sumisawa's incorporating FT stuff.
Good point.

Thanks a bundle Peacecraft.

Quote:
Card ripping action!
Watching that scene, I always laugh when Relena's friends stop clapping and then disappear completely after Heero rips up the invitation.
Old 2010-12-02, 01:23   Link #1019
wingzerosnuggles

Updated first post with a link list for downloading raws. Please check to see if I got it right. Glad to see you here, rewritten.
wingzerosnuggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-12-02, 01:26   Link #1020
Kitsoru

Quote:
Watching that scene, I always laugh when Relena's friends stop clapping and then disappear completely after Heero rips up the invitation.
LMAO they're scenery friends!

/kicks slow internet, waiting for download to complete already x.x; Ughhh dorm net.

Tags
frozen teardrop, glory of the losers, gundam wing