AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

View Poll Results: Who is your favorite girl?
Nu 5 4.31%
Gamma 12 10.34%
Alpha 46 39.66%
Delta 30 25.86%
Beta 23 19.83%
Voters: 116. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2019-04-04, 15:41   Link #61
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flare007 View Post
I’m sorry, I truly am. But after trying to give this novel a second chance, I still couldn’t stand it. The MC is literally worse than Orimura Ichika, Satou and Yogiri altogether! When will he ever wake up!?
He won't. That's the joke.
Old 2019-04-04, 19:32   Link #62
eisai_haramasukoi

Quote:
I’m sorry, I truly am. But after trying to give this novel a second chance, I still couldn’t stand it. The MC is literally worse than Orimura Ichika, Satou and Yogiri altogether! When will he ever wake up!?
Nah, Ichika is dense just for the sake of it, Sid is dense because he's too engrossed in his chuuni fantasy.
eisai_haramasukoi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 21:30   Link #63
zerodragon

Quote:
your problem is that your expecting Cid to be like those guys in those novels that you name but this isn't one of those.

Cid is made so out of touch with reality that he doesn't understand what is before him while making misunderstanding that lead to truth or a good action. He wants to be a leader of a secret group in the shadow not understanding he already is or that the story he made in the beginning is 100% true.

You read this for Laughs on Cid side and Story/Misunderstandings on the rest of the cast.
Old 2019-04-04, 21:37   Link #64
Flare007

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post
your problems is that expecting Cid to be like those guys in those novels that you name but this isn't one of those.

Cid is made so out of touch with reality that he doesn't understand what is before him while making misunderstanding that lead to truth or a good action. He wants to be a leader of a secret group in the shadow not understanding he already is or that the story he made in the beginning is 100% true.

You read this for Laughs on Cid side and Story on the rest of the cast.
Sorry to disagree, but it’s not like I expect Cid to be like any of those protagonists. It’s just with him literally killing people and making his organization from the people he saved, wouldn’t that already be enough to make anyone take some measure of responsibility. And let’s not forget, he’s OP as OP can be.
Flare007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 21:39   Link #65
Flare007

In fact it kinda makes me wonder, why do fans even like Ichika or is it that they live the girls?
Old 2019-04-04, 21:47   Link #66
Mirable
ミラベル

Quote:
Originally Posted by zerodragon View Post

You read this for Laughs on Cid side and Story/Misunderstandings on the rest of the cast.
There are reason why some reader doesn't like Cid (me include). Cid is Chuunibyou (a kid who doesn't want to grow up from his fantasy world), he never try to face reality or understand people around him, even the people who genuine care for him. For Cid, everything is just a game for him.

Yes i admit that his chuunibyou is laughable at first but it's getting tiresome later. No character growth is my only problem with this kind of MC.
Mirable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-04, 23:20   Link #67
zerodragon

Quote:
Sorry to disagree, but itÂ’s not like I expect Cid to be like any of those protagonists. ItÂ’s just with him literally killing people and making his organization from the people he saved, wouldnÂ’t that already be enough to make anyone take some measure of responsibility. And letÂ’s not forget, heÂ’s OP as OP can be.
in the first chapter, they throw out he is a stupid and lost with reality. Cid is a Chuunibyou to the extreme, He hasn't realize himself that everything he has done is causing the the world to shape and creating effects.
Why would you expect him to take any responsibility for something he doesn't understand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirable View Post
There are reason why some reader doesn't like Cid (me include). Cid is Chuunibyou (a kid who doesn't want to grow up from his fantasy world), he never try to face reality or understand people around him, even the people who genuine care for him. For Cid, everything is just a game for him.

Yes i admit that his chuunibyou is laughable at first but it's getting tiresome later. No character growth is my only problem with this kind of MC.
i can understand your problem with his Chuunibyou being sometimes annoy even to me as well at times.
most of my fun comes from the people around Sid and what they believe is happening.

character growth is great in stories as well but so many stories have some type of character growth, it is nice change of pace to read something that doesn't take itself serious while still having fun characters with a MC who is different from most normal MC we read about.

Last edited by zerodragon; 2019-04-04 at 23:56.
zerodragon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-05, 04:30   Link #68
Flare007

And the worst part of this story is the tragic situation of the girls themselves, fooled and played by Cid until who knows when and how.
Old 2019-04-05, 07:42   Link #69
amtro
Distro

Not really played, since everything Cid says is happening, is actually happening.
Old 2019-04-05, 11:10   Link #70
Lhklan
The Unpronounceable

Quote:
And the worst part of this story is the tragic situation of the girls themselves, fooled and played by Cid until who knows when and how.
Except Cid rescued them from an even worse fate - slaves, turn into monster, etc and etc. Plus, while on paper he is the leader of the organisation, Cid actually doesn't enforces ANYTHING within said org, and let the girls do what they want even if part of the reason why they did it is because they worship Cid.
Old 2019-04-05, 11:27   Link #71
Log
ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

Shadow is a gag/joke series. Don't take it seriously. If you don't found the gag/jokes funny then don't read.
Log is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-05, 11:37   Link #72
Velox0blivio

Exactly... this series reminds me of Overlord and Ainz just trying to BS everything to the best he can while everyone just go "Sasuga Ainz-sama".

At least we don't have a guardian making human farms in the name of Cid...? haha
Velox0blivio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 07:36   Link #73
Flare007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Velox0blivio View Post
Exactly... this series reminds me of Overlord and Ainz just trying to BS everything to the best he can while everyone just go "Sasuga Ainz-sama".

At least we don't have a guardian making human farms in the name of Cid...? haha
Ainz is soo much better than Cid. At the very least, he’s aware that’s he’s destroying the power balance in the world
Old 2019-04-06, 09:42   Link #74
zerodragon

Quote:
Ainz is soo much better than Cid. At the very least, he’s aware that’s he’s destroying the power balance in the world
you can't compare one who is in-tune with reality with one who isn't.

Power balance??? there was no power balance before shadow garden. Cid group is bringing a power balance to the world. the evil cult has been ruling that world the whole time in secret with the ability to change History of the world where blood relatives of heroes that save the world who were curse by the demon king were turn to believe that they were evil and should be kill when the curse appear in the later children. there is no power balance in a world when one group can do that.
Old 2019-04-06, 11:49   Link #75
silenceblade

Is there any explanations on artifacts, magic systems or culture. Aside from the Order of Diabolos and Shadow Gaiden there isn't much detail about anything.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-06, 15:46   Link #76
bakato

Quote:
Originally Posted by silenceblade View Post
Is there any explanations on artifacts, magic systems or culture. Aside from the Order of Diabolos and Shadow Gaiden there isn't much detail about anything.
It's your typical web novel crap so of course not.
Old 2019-04-06, 20:14   Link #77
silenceblade

I don't like how the characters looks so tall in the light novel (they are 15-17 years old). Also Cid's hairstyle feel a little weird.
silenceblade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-04-08, 10:13   Link #78
avalom
~NTR~

I hate the asshole MC
Not because he is chuuni, but because he is not interested in the walfare of any girl.
He doesn't mind leaving his company bankrupt in order yo be the ''edgy lord'' od business

Pdta: until when see will ser yo Zeta and Eta development?
Old 2019-04-08, 17:55   Link #79
zerodragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by avalom View Post
I hate the asshole MC
Not because he is chuuni, but because he is not interested in the walfare of any girl.
He doesn't mind leaving his company bankrupt in order yo be the ''edgy lord'' od business

Pdta: until when see will ser yo Zeta and Eta development?
you do know that he isn't even aware that the company is his right? he thought it was a company the girls made for their own benefit since he wasn't told about it.

he doesn't know it belongs to him which was why he tried to make his own group.

He tries buying stuff from them but always get it free, and still doesn't think about it being shadow gardens power.

on zeta and Eta, i look a little into the raws, and i think Eta appear in the next chapter. i wonder of the two which one is the elf/beastman
Old 2019-04-22, 05:04   Link #80
jasper222

Those who trash this novel clearly don't have the brain power to understand so I don't know why they still keep reading it.

It's a misunderstanding series, of course it's not going to be all straightforward.
jasper222 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
dark organization, dense mc, harem, power in the shadows