AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2008-01-07, 02:27   Link #601
Beansy

Ok, this is kind of a long shot question. Is there more than one OST for Red Garden? Specifically I'm looking for a piece of background music, part of which can be found in the third promo for the Dead Girls OAV, right after Kate's singing. I could not find it on the official Red Garden OST. Probably I am just misremembering the tv series and that piece of music is just in the OAV and was not in the tv series as well. If anyone could identify the track, or let me know if there are any more Red Garden OSTs, I'd appreciate it.
Beansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-13, 06:07   Link #602
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beansy View Post
Ok, this is kind of a long shot question. Is there more than one OST for Red Garden? Specifically I'm looking for a piece of background music, part of which can be found in the third promo for the Dead Girls OAV, right after Kate's singing. I could not find it on the official Red Garden OST. Probably I am just misremembering the tv series and that piece of music is just in the OAV and was not in the tv series as well. If anyone could identify the track, or let me know if there are any more Red Garden OSTs, I'd appreciate it.
As far as I know there is only one OST for Red Garden. There are some singles featuring the OP and ED, but that piece of music sounds like it was rearranged so I'm pretty sure it would not be on anything older than a Dead Girls OST, which doesn't exist as far as I can tell.

Sadly, interest for anything Red Garden seems to have died out, as the OVA is still unsubbed despite being out since August.

Hope that helps.
Old 2008-01-14, 14:04   Link #603
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Isn't it licensed? Subbers stay away from Gonzo shows after the whole C&D stuff.

1) By and Large...they are ** and *****.
2) What kind of girls do Anime Otaku males want? ..................... Female.
3) The odds are good, that the goods are odd.
Forbin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-14, 16:41   Link #604
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Red Garden is. The OVA Dead Girls is not, to the best of my knowledge.
Old 2008-01-14, 17:40   Link #605
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Might be, but Gonzo's stuff is as off limits as MFI now.

Old 2008-01-14, 18:17   Link #606
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Interesting, wasn't aware of that. You have a link anywhere? I can't seem to dig anything up about it. Was this relatively recent?
Old 2008-01-14, 18:26   Link #607
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It's in the Seto Thread. Subbers are staying away from anything Gonzo because Shinsen got a C&D

Old 2008-01-14, 21:09   Link #608
asakomi

I was the editor for Shinsen's Red Garden. We were quite excited about the OVA and waited anxiously for it to be released. Well, it got released, so we watched it.

It sucks.

None of us on the team wanted to waste our time on it.

So, that's why you never saw a Shinsen release of the Dead Girls OVA.
asakomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 02:31   Link #609
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I have to admit that is the best reason for not subbing something. Ah well, I guess I won't mourn the lack of a fansub too much.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-15, 03:31   Link #610
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by asakomi View Post
I was the editor for Shinsen's Red Garden. We were quite excited about the OVA and waited anxiously for it to be released. Well, it got released, so we watched it.

It sucks.

Perfectly understandable. Thanks for posting to clear it up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoSanninWa View Post
I have to admit that is the best reason for not subbing something. Ah well, I guess I won't mourn the lack of a fansub too much.
Agreed. It's not like fansubbing is paid work so if they have the choice between releasing crap or doing something they *actually* want to do, it's kind of a no brainer.

No mourning here. It's probably for the best that for most viewers the series is the only translated version. From what parts I understood from the raw, the only reason anyone would sub it that I could see would be for completeness.
Old 2008-01-15, 22:03   Link #611
Beansy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
As far as I know there is only one OST for Red Garden. There are some singles featuring the OP and ED, but that piece of music sounds like it was rearranged so I'm pretty sure it would not be on anything older than a Dead Girls OST, which doesn't exist as far as I can tell.

Sadly, interest for anything Red Garden seems to have died out, as the OVA is still unsubbed despite being out since August.

Hope that helps.
Than you for clarifying, although that kind of sucks. : /

Quote:
Originally Posted by asakomi View Post

It sucks.

Double Plus Ungood!

Was it really that horrid? From the previews I take it it was both a sequel set far in the future, and an alternate reality where all the deceased characters from the original were reincarnated or something? Is that somewhat accurate?
Beansy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-16, 00:15   Link #612
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

Quote:
Was it really that horrid? From the previews I take it it was both a sequel set far in the future, and an alternate reality where all the deceased characters from the original were reincarnated or something? Is that somewhat accurate?
Egaz, Steel Angel Kurumi 3 all over again!

Old 2008-01-16, 00:29   Link #613
golthin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forbin View Post
Isn't it licensed? Subbers stay away from Gonzo shows after the whole C&D stuff.
I don't know why, people are subbing many of Gonzo productions, Maybe Shinsen is staying away because they got a C&D for Dragonaut and Shinsen is kind of a BIG subbing group, but there is still someone doing dragonaut.

By the way, wouldn't be it great that after Gonzo's C&D less companies license their stuff and less people buy their stuff? I think the last show I bought from Gonzo was Chrno crusade and I have not bought anything more from them. I just rent the stuff I had not seen before which is rare as I can watch raws.
golthin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-01-19, 20:15   Link #614
asakomi

Quote:
Originally Posted by golthin View Post
I don't know why, people are subbing many of Gonzo productions, Maybe Shinsen is staying away because they got a C&D for Dragonaut and Shinsen is kind of a BIG subbing group, but there is still someone doing dragonaut.

By the way, wouldn't be it great that after Gonzo's C&D less companies license their stuff and less people buy their stuff? I think the last show I bought from Gonzo was Chrno crusade and I have not bought anything more from them. I just rent the stuff I had not seen before which is rare as I can watch raws.

I just told you why Shinsen isn't doing the OVA--we hated it and didn't want to do it. The OVA came out long before we received any type of C&D, so that wasn't a factor at all.

It was a type of "alternate reality" set in the future. I didn't watch the whole thing, to be honest, but our translator did. They didn't stay true to the original characters at all, and that bothered us a lot.

And Red Garden does not need mecha-type things. Period.
asakomi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-12, 17:52   Link #615
Akane_Seigi

So I hear FUNimation has licensed Red Garden now. I'm sure they'll be releasing it soon in cheaper sets rather than a few episodes per DVD. I don't know about the OVA.

Do you think this a more of a guy or girl anime? and why?

Is it worth investing time to watch?

Last edited by Akane_Seigi; 2008-08-13 at 09:20.
Akane_Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 10:42   Link #616
Akane_Seigi

Red Garden is picked up by FUNimation

So I hear FUNimation has licensed Red Garden now. I'm sure they'll be releasing it soon in cheaper sets rather than a few episodes per DVD. I don't know about the OVA.

Do you think this a more of a guy or girl anime? and why?

Is it worth investing time to watch?

I've seen a couple episodes and sense a very strong New York style and glamour to it. It's like Sex in the City meets Buffy the Vampire Slayer
Guys - Would you watch this and why?
Girls - Would you buy this?

Genres: drama, mystery
Plot Summary: Strange suicides have been taking place in New York. One day, four girls from the same high school wake up in the morning feeling tired and dizzy and not being able to remember anything about the previous night. In school, they find out that one of their classmates has committed suicide. School is canceled for the rest of the day, but instead of going home, the girls are drawn to a park by butterflies only they can see. Suddenly a man and a woman approach the girls, telling them that they all died the previous night. [-Anime News Network]
Akane_Seigi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-13, 11:47   Link #617
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

It has that goth look / feel to it. If you liked Count of Monte Cristo, you will probably like the dead girls fighting.

Old 2008-08-15, 06:00   Link #618
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Funimation picked it up? Wow.

Anyway.

I'm not sure on the gender it's directed towards but it's rather different from the usual anime title. The art, direction, music....it's all a bit different from the standard. It's well done, but not appealing to everyone. The genre is drama/mystery but there is a heavy supernatural undertone to the whole thing.

What puts most initial viewers off is the first few episodes, mainly the musical parts. These parts get dropped after episode....six, I think. They sometimes feel a little out of place but interesting from a creative aspect. If you can watch the show after that point, it improves quite a bit. Don't skip ahead though, there's a ton of story you'll miss that will be needed to understand later parts.

This is a very dark show though. People die, sometimes graphically. There's screaming, violence, and the fates of the characters are tragic all the way through. There are some moments where you are given a breather but the point is driven home often that these characters are dealing with difficult circumstances.

While I refuse to spoil the ending I will say the series ends pretty well. Most of the loose ends are tied up and while there is some plot points that could use explaining the main points are handled well.

One thing I will mention is that the voice acting is outstanding. I can't comment on the English versions but the Japanese voice acting is incredible, which is something I don't often reflect on in animation but in this case it's very much worth speaking up on.

I recommend it, but then again I'm a bit biased. Hope the "review" helps a bit though.

This will definitely go in my collection when I can afford it.
Old 2008-08-18, 08:33   Link #619
ElizLestrad

Question Dead Girls OVA

I was wondering if anyone has heard anything about the OVA, I just finished watching the series on DVD and went to check to see when the Dead Girls ova was going to be out and apparantly it was last year. Has it been liscensed because I cant find a DL for it anywhere...not that I wont get it on DVD anyways ^_^.

Im just curious if the OVA had gotten canceled or delayed because the Japanese website hasnt been updated in a long time (not that it would make any difference as I cant read Kanji).
ElizLestrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2008-08-18, 13:00   Link #620
Forbin
I'm a sucker for Harem

If you read the previous pages, the subbers stated that RG OVA was a piece of junk and they said don't even bother.

That's why you can't find it translated.

Tags
drama, supernatural