AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Zero no Tsukaima

Notices

View Poll Results: Zero no Tsukaima (third season) - Episode 1 Rating
Perfect 10 31 25.00%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 18 14.52%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 25 20.16%
7 out of 10 : Good 26 20.97%
6 out of 10 : Average 14 11.29%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 4 3.23%
4 out of 10 : Poor 4 3.23%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.81%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.81%
Voters: 124. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2008-07-08, 16:03   Link #141
Eviltape

slowpoke.jpg in downloading this.

Alright, after seeing the subbed version I would like to say:

Spoiler for The episode:

I want Mazda to have a commercial spot for this. TSUN TSUN TSUN
Old 2008-07-08, 17:24   Link #142
VORTIA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darknemo2000 View Post
I would like you remind that they didn't got married. It was just a fake ceremony.
Marriage isn't about a slip of paper, it's about a commitment between two people: a promise. They're marriage is as real as anyone elses, probably more than some actually.
Old 2008-07-08, 17:35   Link #143
Darknemo2000

Send a message via AIM to Darknemo2000
Well again. the promise is only real when both people are making a promise from their hearts and Saito, thought that Louise is not doing this because of him but rather that she really wanted to be married before dying so it isn't a what you would call true promises as from one point it is colored with misunderstanding (Saito) and from the other - not admitting the truth but rather using excuses (Louise).
Old 2008-07-08, 17:51   Link #144
seiji_kun

Quote:
Well again. the promise is only real when both people are making a promise from their hearts and Saito, thought that Louise is not doing this because of him but rather that she really wanted to be married before dying so it isn't a what you would call true promises as from one point it is colored with misunderstanding (Saito) and from the other - not admitting the truth but rather using excuses (Louise).
I guess that scene is completely different in the novel then in the anime Cause every animeviewer prolly saw two persons in love that exchanged vows. A Louise that was pressured which resulted her in beeing more decisive then she'll ever will. And it wasn't excuses it were her true feelings. Like she said, this will truelly create a bond between me & Saito that's beyond a master and a familiar.
She didn't marry to marry, she hadn't grabbed the first best guy who was present...
Saito even if he was wondering if she really meant it was really glad to accept her feelings and confirmed that she is the only women that he truelly loves and goes out dieing for her...

That ain't true love for ya? Or what's the problem, it doesn't count cause it wasn't a perfect scenario? Heck in every relationship theire are insecurities.
Old 2008-07-08, 18:03   Link #145
Darknemo2000

I ma just commenting taht to make such promises that last lifelong you really need to be as open as possible (it is not possible to be so completely, but given the situation) and Saito, though he was happy to accept Louise as his wife, he thought it were not her true feelings so he felt more like using the situation for his own good.

No nothing can be perfect, yet this situation is bit too far away to really count as a truly sincere given the situation as at least Saito though she is doing that for a different reason thats why he was kind of melancholic there.

It were not completely sincere vow thats why I do not think that you can count them as a real marriage there and thats why neither of them remember about this moment, even at their thoughts. It was still not from ones full heart. There still was a barrier between them (if not talking about it not being an official ceremony to begin with).

A true vow should be done without pretending. And then it will be marriage be it official or not.
Old 2008-07-08, 18:08   Link #146
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Didn't look like pretending to me. He was not "using the ceremony" to his advantage, his idea was only to get her to drink the drugged wine, the marriage idea was Louise's idea. And I'm pretty sure he knows how she feels, she did try to tell him, and she did say "my true feelings for Saito." Its not her fault she fell asleep before she was able to admit them.
Old 2008-07-08, 18:19   Link #147
Darknemo2000

Don't make Saito into what he is not. He is a simpleton. A perverted simpleton at that. If she does not tell him he does not know or at very least has doubts. And thats the problem.

Thats why for me it is bit weird how fast he was ready to to get into her pants in season 3.
Old 2008-07-08, 18:23   Link #148
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

He wouldn't have made any kind of move if he wasn't sure she loved him. Episode 4 doesn't quite count, as she personally gave him permission for that. Sure, he's a simpleton and a pervert, but he's not completely stupid.
Old 2008-07-08, 19:37   Link #149
seiji_kun

Beeing a simpleton doesn't mean you can't connect the dots. Even Saito knows bye now that he is loved. Heck can Louise even show him more that he loves her. And Saito has always cared for her real feelings. If he really wanted to just have sex wouldn't he have done it in season 1 when she was drugged bye the love potion? It was just meant to be some innocent comic relief that fitted his char.
Old 2008-07-08, 19:51   Link #150
VORTIA

Sorry Darknemo, but you just sound like you've got it out for Saito, he can be a little dense, a little brash, and a little too horny, but he's generally a good guy. He didn't take advantage of Louise, nor did she refuse his kiss, nor his love. It's obvious to both that they love one another, now it's just a matter of baby steps.
Old 2008-07-08, 22:53   Link #151
Chase

Dang this got its own section, is this something i can pick and watch now? Ive never seen this and it says(Third season) at the top. Or do i have to go back and watch the others?
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-07-08, 22:58   Link #152
Claude

Send a message via AIM to Claude Send a message via Yahoo to Claude
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
Dang this got its own section, is this something i can pick and watch now? Ive never seen this and it says(Third season) at the top. Or do i have to go back and watch the others?
I would personally suggest you go watch the previous ones...

Anyway, I thought that the first episode wasn't too bad. I could have done without the dog costume's reappearance though. I gave it a 6 for average.
Old 2008-07-08, 22:59   Link #153
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase View Post
You'd understand the third season better if you did watch the first and second seasons, yes.
Old 2008-07-08, 23:05   Link #154
Chase

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claude View Post
I would personally suggest you go watch the previous ones...

Anyway, I thought that the first episode wasn't too bad. I could have done without the dog costume's reappearance though. I gave it a 6 for average.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
You'd understand the third season better if you did watch the first and second seasons, yes.
Ok, thanks i guess i'll try to get around to this some how and catch up.
Battlefield 4
Old 2008-07-08, 23:22   Link #155
Darknemo2000

Well, in we mostly not get what Saito understands and doesn't except for novels, where we do see Saito's thoughts, and even at later volumes he still doesn't understand that Louise loves him.

Yes, he is that dense.

He is a good guy but that does not mean he is not dense. He is specially when it comes to romance.

And mind you that novel Saito is brighter fellow than anime Saito as he is capable of doing

Spoiler for novels, sorry:

Saito knows about his own feelings (he already made a confession and acted many times upon taht (like not taking advantage of love potion situation, though again it was S1 and novels Saito, S2 Saito is much more different), but about - Louise he does not.

Spoiler for an original Saito and Louise on bed scene:

Yes anime Saito and novel Saito are different guys but still, considering that anime Saito looks even dumber than novel one in some of the scenes that were animated, i think saying that he does not fully understand Louise feelings yet is much more safer than saying that he does.

Though Seiji said that beeing a simpleton doesn't mean you can't connect the dots, the oproblem is that Saito indeed cannot connect those dots at all.. I mean

Spoiler for Louises actions:

and you STILL cannot connect the dots, that she loves you? This is a sign that you are very VERY dumb (at least in romance sense) or an extreme lack of confidence. And sadly Saito is a person like that. If anything, his anime version looks even dumber.

Last edited by Darknemo2000; 2008-07-09 at 12:36.
Old 2008-07-09, 11:45   Link #156
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Seems to be some mixed reviews on the first episode i havent seen it yet and due to my disliking of how the 2nd season was handled i have not been to keen on checking it out just yet. Think i will wait till at least 5 episodes have aired before i jump into it and see whatever one says about it up to that point.
Old 2008-07-09, 12:47   Link #157
seiji_kun

Quote:
Though Seiji said that beeing a simpleton doesn't mean you can't connect the dots, the oproblem is that Saito indeed cannot connect those dots at all.. I mean

Spoiler for Louises actions:

and you STILL cannot connect the dots, that she loves you? This is a sign that you are very VERY dumb (at least in romance sense) or an extreme lack of confidence. And sadly Saito is a person like that. If anything, his anime version looks even dumber.
I know that novel Saito is dumb / dense from up to v5. But I can't compare the further scenes so I only can judge anime Saito atm. And anime Saito doesn't seem as dense as the novel Saito cause we never see him thinking as deep as in the novel. In the novel they describe every little detail. And ain't you saying that novel Saito is more confused about that Louise loves him or not? The way I view it anime Saito doesn't seem confused at all he even says "you love me, I love you" and tries to take her bed. That something he won't try if he's not sure of his cause.

But that ain't Saitos fault. If it's someones fault it's Louises. She always sends out mixed messages to Saito which makes him confused. One moment she is clinging to him like crazy, the other moments she is denieing that she loves him just cause of his social status (familiar). Heck he disurves praise rather then insults for having so much patient with her. If this was a real life relationship like you're comparing it to the guy would have taken his bags centuries ago cause he doesn't feel appreciated.

90% of the romance anime protagonists are dense bakas anyway.
Old 2008-07-09, 15:54   Link #158
Kazuma77
Kakashi Fangirl

i think this episode was a very nice introduction into S3
~Ladies, if a guy ever tells you, he wants to cover you from head to toe in honey, and lick it all off inch by inch, that's the man who hasn't done it before. You start at her toes, and before you get to anything interesting, she is asleep and you are in diabetic coma ~
Old 2008-07-09, 17:16   Link #159
Darknemo2000

seiji_kun, oh I could not agree with you more regarding Louise.

She always gives him mixed signals, and she deserves what is coming her way, but even with that... The signs are more than obvious aren't they? I don't think it is only Saito's dumbness though, but also his lack of confidence.

However, regarding anime Saito...If you are saying he figured it out then his reunion scene looks at very least suspicious as he though knowing she likes him starts blabbering about big-tit Elf. it is either he is just insensitive jerk (which i do not think you would agree with) or his is just dumb. But if he is just dumb maybe he hasn't figured Louise's feelings to begin with.

Besides novel saito has more...impressive moments than anime Saito, so saying that anime Saito is wiser is saying bit too much as anime saito has very little scenes to offer compared to novel Saito.

Animesaito is a very big pervert compared to novel saito, so his words to Louise about love might be just eagerness to get into bed with her. Rather than really meaningful words...

Well anyways we should stop with this novel- anime talks..For one episode it has been going wayyy toooo loooong.
Old 2008-07-09, 21:11   Link #160
Bennyswan
Hmmm.....
*Artist

Really good episode, I love how Saito and Louise are showing some more love.

I would say at the end Louise would have done it with Saito if he didn't rush her to bed lol
Closed Thread