AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2009-10-05, 19:12   Link #1
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Epic Mickey on Wii

Spoiler for Click to see the picture. Because Kusa is an annoying, annoying, annoying, yet annoying person >.< :heh: :

Quote:
Spoiler Alert: “Epic” November Issue Revealed

The rumors have been flying for months. From the outrageous (some actually thought we were bought by Disney, which was quite funny), to the right on (our forums pieced together all the clues from the last issue), the time has come to lay all rumors to rest. The November cover is indeed, Disney Epic Mickey, coming exclusively to the Nintendo Wii from Junction Point and Disney Interactive Studios.

This issue is the first of our highly anticipated redesign that subscribers should be receiving around October 12th.

There are a number of other highlights, including a Skate 3 first-look, an in-depth, seven-page report on the relationship between Hollywood and video games, interviews with executives from all three console manufacturers, and much, much more.

But the biggest news is our expanded coverage online that is available to all gameinformer.com visitors. Starting at 4PM CST today we will unveil the first companion piece to the magazine: an exclusive video interview with Warren Spector about his relationship with Mickey Mouse, including a portion of his giant Disney memorabilia collection that is housed at Junction Point. We will also have a photo-blog chronicling many of the outstanding pieces in his collection hitting at the same time.

This is just the beginning of our month of Mickey madness that will unfold over the next three plus weeks. So be sure to watch our Disney Epic Mickey landing page over the following month.

We don’t want to spoil what’s to come, but we have some amazing things in store, including screenshots, animations, and tons of concept art and music.

Watch for the issue in your mailbox over the coming weeks and make sure to come to gameinformer.com for the latest updates and news.

Oh yeah, and one last thing. All GI covers from here on out will feature a full wrap-around cover. Here is the Mickey cover in all its glory. The best part, and the reason we switched to these, is that the subscriber address label and the UPC will be on the back so it no longer clashes with our wonderful cover art.
I am curious about this game. Still waiting for some pics

Last edited by Narona; 2009-10-06 at 15:34.
Narona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 19:22   Link #2
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
... I didn't think this was legit way back when the rumors spawned.....

Boy, I was HORRIBLY wrong. ._.
Old 2009-10-05, 19:28   Link #3
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

That is the coolest thing I've ever seen.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-05, 23:36   Link #4
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

I hope this game is as good as it looks.

Giving the Disney world such a dark twist sure is an unexpected move, but then again, originally fairy tales were not all that lighthearted and "happily ever after".
Old 2009-10-06, 02:45   Link #5
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

I remember reading about this game some time ago, glad to see that it is finally announced

@Narona, you can find the concept art on the NeoGaf forums here and here. Also there is this article on EruoGamer on the early news about it, plus some interesting back story about it.
Old 2009-10-06, 07:24   Link #6
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
I remember reading about this game some time ago, glad to see that it is finally announced

@Narona, you can find the concept art on the NeoGaf forums here and here. Also there is this article on EruoGamer on the early news about it, plus some interesting back story about it.
I've seen some before, and the artworks are disturbing as ever That's why that game makes me curious.

I also heard that Warren Spector is quite a celebrity among gamers, so let's hope for something good.

Gameinformer will publish lots of infos about the game in october, starting with that video interview of Warren Spector: http://gameinformer.com/games/disney...dia/11550.aspx
Old 2009-10-06, 10:45   Link #7
Kusa-San
I'll end it before April.

Miss, can you reduce your pic on your first post because it's really big

Anyway, I'm really looking forward to this game !

Oh yeah
Old 2009-10-06, 14:11   Link #8
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Non je la laisse tel quel

#

New details about the game, from Eurogamer

Quote:
First Epic Mickey details spilled

News Wii News by Robert Purchese Today 14:24

A source close to Disney has let slip the first details of Warren Spector's new Wii game, Epic Mickey, to Eurogamer.

The choice of platform, incidentally, boils down to Mickey's tools - paintbrushes, erasers, thinner, pencils and other artist tools - being mapped to Wii remote gestures.

But let's rewind a bit.

Epic Mickey is a tale about the 'forgotten' Disney stars: the rides, the characters, the lesser-known cartoons. When nobody any longer cares, they are cast into a dark void; a forgotten world of broken machines and bitter personalities - a bit like Sid's bedroom in Toy Story, but without the friendly furnishings.

This forgotten world is run by Oswald the Rabbit. He was Disney's first creation, made long before Mickey Mouse, and his jealousy of the newcomer has fermented for years. Now, finally, Oswald is ready for revenge.

He unleashes The Phantom Blot to wipe out Mickey and his cartoon world. The Blot pollutes the Disney universe with sticky black ink that makes colours run and fade (as seen on the Game Informer cover), so it's up to Mickey to restore peace and order. And this is where his tools come in.

Mickey has to draw and scribble his way through levels, mending broken bridges by applying the right colour paint or peering through walls after applying thinner. He can even clear rubble from his path by erasing parts of the world.

Our source told us Epic Mickey is a game about thinking and artwork - laterally considering your environment in order to overcome puzzles.

On top of that is a healthy dose of exploration, plus Mickey will be getting "his first makeover in years". "That's why no one's seen his face yet," our source explained, "But he's far more retro than you've seen him for years."
Sounds so awesome.
Old 2009-10-06, 14:44   Link #9
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narona View Post
Non je la laisse tel quel
And why....? It's very big so please again, can you reduce it ?

The game seems really good. I love the story which seems to invold lesser know cartoon from Disney And the gameplay seems really good. Hope I won't be disappointed when the game will come out

And now I'm exited to see Mickey new design
Old 2009-10-06, 15:18   Link #10
Narona
Emotionless White Face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kusa-San View Post
And why....? It's very big so please again, can you reduce it ?
Because the pic is Epic

Quote:
And now I'm exited to see Mickey new design
There's a clue:

Quote:
"But he's far more retro than you've seen him for years."
So I guess it'll be close to this

Or this

In the last one, the arms and legs seem to fit the design of Mickey on that GI's artwork.
Old 2009-10-06, 17:08   Link #11
SilverSyko
Okuyasu the Bird

Gameplay makes me think of the Wii version of Okami, which was a VERY good game as well.

Liking the sound of this more and more.~
Old 2009-10-07, 12:42   Link #12
GuruSharky
The Muffin Man

Location: The magical land of Sugar Dust and Fairy Droppings.
I must have this game!
GuruSharky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-07, 16:06   Link #13
SwordCity

The cover that they recently released was awesome. When I looked closely, I just noticed that Mickey is staring at Goofy. If there's no part in the game where you need to find a hidden Mickey, then they finally created a game intended for mature gamers and not some teeny-boper kind of games even if it involves Mickey.
SwordCity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-13, 11:52   Link #14
Kusa-San

Here a video which show us a chara designer working :

http://www.nintendo-master.com/xtnew..._en_video_.htm

What is really interesting here is that the music from the video will be one of the theme of the game
Old 2009-10-15, 23:42   Link #15
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

The screens.
]

Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 00:13   Link #16
SOGESNAKE
NEW WORLD BABY~!

Send a message via MSN to SOGESNAKE
Eh, not as dark and gloomy as I had once hoped.

Still, I guess it's still worth a playthrough. The idea of branching storylines seems to be popular these days....

Last edited by SOGESNAKE; 2009-10-16 at 00:29.
SOGESNAKE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 01:02   Link #17
Kusa-San

Quote:
Originally Posted by SOGESNAKE View Post
Eh, not as dark and gloomy as I had once hoped.
Same here. I'm a bit disappointed about that.

I like the design of Mickey
Old 2009-10-16, 03:30   Link #18
Kaioshin Sama
Banned

Send a message via MSN to Kaioshin Sama
Oh man the merger between Marvel and Disney has caused Mickey to go XTREME! It's finally happening for real now. Never mind Kingdom Hearts anymore, that's got nothing on EPIC MICKEY!!!!!!! TO THE MAX!!!!!

This game deserves a review by Johnny Xtreme.
Kaioshin Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 03:43   Link #19
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

It looks kind of like Psychonauts.

And you guys honestly think Disney would actually do something grimdark? HAH.

This is the darkest Disney is going to get, and it actually looks pretty damn cool.

Now if they'd just change the damned title...
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-16, 04:36   Link #20
Kid Ying
Pon pon pon

But Epic Mickey is not the title(as long as i know) it's just the codename of the project, just like Revolution was for the Wii.
Kid Ying is offline   Reply With Quote