AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Upcoming Series > Upcoming Archive

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2013-02-22, 14:30   Link #681
Matts
An... Historian OOOH-

No, it was Naoko. I only read one Kunihiko interview where he spoke about Sailor Moon, and only recently. The Naoko comment I remember was from way, way back.

And R.I.P Chieko Honda, sad to see another talent go.
Old 2013-02-22, 18:45   Link #682
GabrieliosP
黄金の魔女 Golden Witch

Strangely enough, Chieko passed away on the same day as Hisako Kyouda's (Zirconia's VA) was born. o_O
Old 2013-02-22, 22:01   Link #683
Chiibi
Vanitas owns you >:3

Send a message via AIM to Chiibi Send a message via MSN to Chiibi
Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Tran View Post
Oh jeez, it looks like Chieko Honda just passed away. She only had a small role in Sailor Moon as Tellu, but I'll always remember her for Meroko from Full Moon o Sagashite.
I know....I made a tribute to her here: http://my.deviantart.com/art/Meroko-Memorial-355811571

Quote:
For anyone wondering why the Sailor Moon R total is so high, most of those are from Chibiusa in her original blue uniform.
Oh yeah....that's right.
Talk about fan disservice!.

I also forgot there is a true one of Haruna-sensei in episode 2 of season one. Umino gets possessed and flips up her skirt. There's even a smiley face on them!

As for true panties/nudity in the manga.....holy crap
Old 2013-03-25, 18:05   Link #684
Mangaka-chan

Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
Old 2013-03-25, 18:21   Link #685
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

They are probably looking into the more recent (successful) remakes to see what works and what doesn't. Though their only problem is deciding how far they want to go with it ahead of time (so they don't convolud it too much later on if it is successful) and to see if they want to condense the first season down to 13-26 episodes rather than that, what was it, 49 episodes?

And figure out what they want to do with Sailor V in story before Venus joins the rest of them.
Old 2013-03-25, 19:38   Link #686
Dr. Casey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mangaka-chan View Post
Welp, from the looks of it the reboot might be delayed, which in part explains why there's been no news even though the Summer season is fast approaching. Someone said it's because Toei is still trying to decide which audience to target the show for (i.e. teens/young adults or young children). I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
good old Toei, as competent as ever
Old 2013-03-25, 19:54   Link #687
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Quote:
I'm hoping for the former, but the point of a reboot is to attract a new audience, so I hope whatever the delay is it will serve to make the show better in the end.
I hope for the general audience.... and not for fanservice!!!
Old 2013-03-25, 20:05   Link #688
JagdPanther
WE ARE.... PENN STATE....

Send a message via AIM to JagdPanther
Always get a bit uneasy when I hear stuff like that... I hope this doesn't become anime vaporware.

Avatar v. 37.0: Fighter Squadron 31. The VF-31 "Tomcatters."
Old 2013-03-25, 20:16   Link #689
T-6000

Quote:
Originally Posted by JagdPanther View Post
Always get a bit uneasy when I hear stuff like that... I hope this doesn't become anime vaporware.
I'm with you on this one, especially since we have absolutely no information on the new series (as to whether it'll be closer to the manga or it'll go off in it's own direction like the Sailor Moon live action series). I hope this means that they are carefully evaluating their plans on the new Sailor Moon anime, and if that is what this delay means then so be it. I'd rather it be delayed to help pan out things better than to rush into things. I just hope the delay doesn't knock the series into next year.
Old 2013-03-25, 20:16   Link #690
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

Quote:
There is no chance that it will become vaporware, but there have been other reboots with disastrous ratings that had to be shelved earlier than expected. So this can be a mere 12 episodes if the productions costs are higher than the revenue they get from the show (be it trough publicity or BD sales).
Old 2013-03-25, 22:52   Link #691
Mangaka-chan

Quote:
I donno, they did make a big deal about it last year at the 20th anniversary event, so it would be kind of embarrassing for Toei to end up shelving the project.
Old 2013-03-25, 22:57   Link #692
Shadow5YA

This suddenly sounds like the Persona 3 Movie where they announced it too early and have no updates to show.
Old 2013-03-26, 11:35   Link #693
4Tran

Quote:
I don't know if there's any sign of delays at all. Most anime get revealed only a couple of months before they air - Dokidoki Precure, for example was announced at the end of November 2012, and it premiered at the beginning of February. If we assume that Sailor Moon 2013 is supposed to air in early July, the same schedule woud mean we would start getting more news about it in late April. By the way, has Toei been confirmed as the production studio yet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
And figure out what they want to do with Sailor V in story before Venus joins the rest of them.
Outside of flashbacks and Usagi's fangirlism, they'll probably ignore Sailor V. Its story fits into a really weird spot where there's no good way of making any anime about it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ogon_bat View Post
There is no chance that it will become vaporware, but there have been other reboots with disastrous ratings that had to be shelved earlier than expected. So this can be a mere 12 episodes if the productions costs are higher than the revenue they get from the show (be it trough publicity or BD sales).
Sailor Moon is one of Kodansha's most important properties, so they're not going to be shy about showering it with money. In terms of resources, it should be getting the same kind of treatment that Saint Seiya Omega gets. A one-cour Sailor Moon remake isn't in the books at all. Also, ratings and BD sales aren't going to be nearly as important as for other shows because Kodansha is looking for worldwide exposure.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
This suddenly sounds like the Persona 3 Movie where they announced it too early and have no updates to show.
Isn't that completely normal for movies though?
Old 2013-03-26, 11:53   Link #694
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
I just think if we get nothing at the end of the week at Anime Content Expo it might indeed be delayed since those type of events are used in part to promote upcoming titles.
Old 2013-03-26, 18:01   Link #695
hinode

Quote:
I don't know if there's any sign of delays at all. Most anime get revealed only a couple of months before they air - Dokidoki Precure, for example was announced at the end of November 2012, and it premiered at the beginning of February. If we assume that Sailor Moon 2013 is supposed to air in early July, the same schedule woud mean we would start getting more news about it in late April. By the way, has Toei been confirmed as the production studio yet?
Takeuchi's longtime editor Fumio Osano recently tweeted "not decided.delaying" a few days back in response to a fan who asked if the anime was on track for a June/July release. This is the tweet that was referenced earlier in the thread.

I don't see any follow-up tweets from him on the subject, so take that as you will.
Old 2013-03-26, 19:26   Link #696
Kazu-kun

Quote:
In terms of resources, it should be getting the same kind of treatment that Saint Seiya Omega gets.
Omega doesn't get any resources. The budget they're working with is minimal and it shows. Expect for a few selected episode (usually those directed by Umakoshi), that series generally looks like shit.

I really really hope they're going invest a little more money on Sailor Moon, otherwise it's probably better not to do this reboot at all.
Old 2013-03-27, 22:06   Link #697
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinode View Post
Takeuchi's longtime editor Fumio Osano recently tweeted "not decided.delaying" a few days back in response to a fan who asked if the anime was on track for a June/July release. This is the tweet that was referenced earlier in the thread.

I don't see any follow-up tweets from him on the subject, so take that as you will.
That does make it look like they're fairly close to meeting their planned schedule. If it were a huge delay, they wouldn't be so cavalier about it. So it looks like either a Summer or Fall release. Too bad there isn't any more information since I'd like to know who's working on it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kazu-kun View Post
Omega doesn't get any resources. The budget they're working with is minimal and it shows. Expect for a few selected episode (usually those directed by Umakoshi), that series generally looks like shit.

I really really hope they're going invest a little more money on Sailor Moon, otherwise it's probably better not to do this reboot at all.
I don't watch Saint Seiya, but it's gotten four cours already, and I'm not sure how many more cours they're planning to make. This production does not seem like it was lacking in resources. Sure the production might be uneven, but that's only to be expected of any long-running TV anime.
Old 2013-04-02, 12:43   Link #698
ShiroiRyu

Finished Sailor Moon today ...
6 AM in anime and afternoon for the manga.
It's sad i'm not that good in english to explain why i loved this anime/manga and i wait for the new anime ...
I can just show my love with Sailor Galaxia. ^^'
Old 2013-04-03, 00:36   Link #699
Rosalena
/人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

So does anyone know whether or not Sailor Moon was a show at the Anime Contents Expo this year?

I've been looking around but I haven't come across anything yet :/
Old 2013-04-03, 10:20   Link #700
xizro345
King's Justice

AFAIK, they didn't show anything at ACE (otherwise it would be all over the place).
Closed Thread

Tags
remake, shoujo