Former Japanese PM Shinzo Abe dead at 67

Japan ex-PM Abe injured after reported gunshot attack
MeoTwister5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-07, 22:49   Link #2
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Send a message via Yahoo to Yu Ominae
The guy was apprehended by SP officers.

Also the shotgun seemed to be improvised with two barrels on a plank held by electric tape.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2022-07-07 at 23:40.
Yu Ominae is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-07, 23:40   Link #3
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

He reportedly is in cardiac arrest. This would essentially be an assassination now.
Old 2022-07-07, 23:55   Link #4
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Kishida stopped campaigning. He's going back to Nagatachō.

Even if we were at odds with each other, I still thank you for training me, Instructor Bowman - Yu Ominae, reflecting on Bowman's death after killing him in Phantom Island
Old 2022-07-08, 04:00   Link #5
n0m@n
C-Z

Update. Sadly Abe has passed away.
Old 2022-07-08, 04:12   Link #6
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Yeah. Heard about it too.

Old 2022-07-08, 04:15   Link #7
MeoTwister5
Komrades of Kitamura Kou

So now it's an assassination. The weapon was apparently an improvised makeshift gun using gunpowder with an electrical ignition. Whoever this was he put a hell of an effort and planning making his own weapon and doing this.
Old 2022-07-08, 05:48   Link #8
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Suspect is an ex-JMSDF sailor. I suspect that he has knowledge of doing parts of making an improvised gun from his service.

Old 2022-07-08, 06:13   Link #9
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

RIP Shinzo Abe. He brought some semblance of stability to Japan for many years as PM.

Whatever his political views are, he doesn't deserve this. Sadly, I can see many of his detractors celebrating inside.
Old 2022-07-08, 06:27   Link #10
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Nara police raided the suspect's apartment.

Uncovered explosives and a bunch of improvised guns with multiple barrels.

Old 2022-07-08, 06:55   Link #11
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by n0m@n View Post
Update. Sadly Abe has passed away.
I just learned Abe apparently is childless.

It seem his wife still alive, cant imagine how she felt.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 08:37   Link #12
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

The suspect Yamagami had a browser history of DIY weapons, so he also had knowledge of his improvised weapons from those sites aside from (likely) his time in the JMSDF.

He also said that he was after a supposed group because of its connection with Abe and shot him, being convinced...

Last edited by Yu Ominae; 2022-07-08 at 09:58.
Old 2022-07-08, 08:46   Link #13
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
The suspect Yamagami worked in a manufacturing company from 2020 before he left in May 2022, so he also had knowledge of his improvised weapons from his time there aside from (likely) his time in the JMSDF.

He also said that he was after a supposed group because of its connection with Abe and shot him, being convinced...
Can only pray its just a delusional loony, and not something worse that could potentially turn Abe into East Asia Franz Ferdinand. Aka the last thing the world need, with what's going on in Ukraine and what could happen to Taiwan.
Old 2022-07-08, 09:20   Link #14
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

The morale of the story being, we live in a dangerous world, where the secret service should not be lax just because you live in a country that is not gun crazy and high in crime. They should be on the lookout for copycats, remember the boston marathon bombing.
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 09:23   Link #15
Yu Ominae
ARCAM Spriggan agent

Actually reporters in a press conference asked the police if the SP presence in Nara (they were protecting Councillor Kei Sato since he's due for re-election) was adequate in terms of numbers/positions they took.

No comment.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sheba View Post
Can only pray its just a delusional loony, and not something worse that could potentially turn Abe into East Asia Franz Ferdinand. Aka the last thing the world need, with what's going on in Ukraine and what could happen to Taiwan.
Well he did say that he was "after" a religious group. And his browser history included DIY guide on making explosives and firearms.

Old 2022-07-08, 10:01   Link #16
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Wow... I heard he died last night, but I thought it might have been disease or something, but wow... Assassination by gun, in Japan.
Wow...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
serenade_beta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 11:14   Link #17
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

An interesting POV video from Abroad in Japan:

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

It's age-restricted so you have to watch it directly on YT.
Old 2022-07-08, 11:53   Link #18
mangamuscle
formerly ogon bat

What surprises me after watching the video (I normally stay away from that kind of footage, watching once "Faces of Death" was enough) is that the first shoot failed and he just stood there. Firearms are normally loud and that makeshift shotgun must have been specially loud, he should have thrown himself to the ground or ran for cover, but I suppose that is one of the drawbacks of living in a peaceful country, when I hear gunshots I try to determine the direction (they come from kilometers away, I live on a quiet hill) to see if I really have to take cover (never has this been necessary, but thinking that is some kind of safeguard is dangerous).
mangamuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2022-07-08, 12:20   Link #19
Dextro
He Without a Title

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Whatever his political views are, he doesn't deserve this.
Very much this. No one deserves to die through the barrel of a gun. No one.
Old 2022-07-08, 19:06   Link #20
Key Board
Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yu Ominae View Post
Actually reporters in a press conference asked the police if the SP presence in Nara (they were protecting Councillor Kei Sato since he's due for re-election) was adequate in terms of numbers/positions they took.

No comment.

Well he did say that he was "after" a religious group. And his browser history included DIY guide on making explosives and firearms.
Did he believe Shinzo Abe was part of satanic cult or something. Because there's one relevant group in Japan that believes that: J- anon

//
"Legitimacy is based on three things. First of all, the people who are asked to obey authority have to feel like they have a voice—that if they speak up, they will be heard. Second, the law has to be predictable. There has to be a reasonable expectation that the rules tomorrow are going to be roughly the same as the rules today. And third, the authority has to be fair. It can’t treat one group differently from another.” Malcolm Gladwell
Key Board is offline   Reply With Quote