AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Valvrave the Liberator

Notices

View Poll Results: Valvrave the Liberator - Episode 7 Rating
Perfect 10 21 20.79%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 35.64%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 27 26.73%
7 out of 10 : Good 12 11.88%
6 out of 10 : Average 2 1.98%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 1 0.99%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 2 1.98%
Voters: 101. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2013-05-23, 19:02   Link #61
Destined_Fate

I doubt it's for after the series is over considering that they clearly have enemies and the Future looks like crude as well as an "Incident". So I'm betting on Time Travel vs Massive Time Skip.

-

Time Travel is simple if they go by the Multiple Timelines Theory. Thus by going back in Time they create a new Timeline that will flow differently than their own.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
how is time travel the lesser of the to evils the last series that did altering of the time line and time travel was terrible and screwed over its predecessor atleast in a time skip while l-elf and shoko would disappear (which is no difference then them dying) and several minor characters aswell you can still use the valvrave pilots fighting against dorssia know real changes in the story except with new enemy besides the number pilots and new side characters and not bring a time travel mechanic that probably won't be properly explained
Time Travel is the lesser because it means they wont have to kill off everyone BUt the pilots than bring up a new plot/story/enemies/characters after the long time skip in what looks like a hellish future timeline.

You forget that Shoko and L-Elf are MAIN characters. Them vanishing during the Time Skip would be beyond horrible.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:09   Link #62
shadow1296

Quote:
Originally Posted by Destined_Fate View Post
I doubt it's for after the series is over considering that they clearly have enemies and the Future looks like crude as well as an "Incident". So I'm betting on Time Travel vs Massive Time Skip.

-

Time Travel is simple if they go by the Multiple Timelines Theory. Thus by going back in Time they create a new Timeline that will flow differently than their own.

Time Travel is the lesser because it means they wont have to kill off everyone BUt the pilots than bring up a new plot/story/enemies/characters after the long time skip in what looks like a hellish future timeline.

You forget that Shoko and L-Elf are MAIN characters. Them vanishing during the Time Skip would be beyond horrible.
yet no anime series i've seen has been able to pull that off well enough that the story still was good but they have been able to pull of time skips, but i don't want either of those to happen
Old 2013-05-23, 19:11   Link #63
Destined_Fate

Eh. There has been Animes with multiple timelines and they've done it with the very popular Fire Emblem Awakening as well.

I mean look at Eureka 7 AO. Multiple Timelines.

It can be done and far better than a huge Time Skip that ensures that nearly everyone will be dead off screen.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:12   Link #64
Xander

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Time travel and a time skip of TWO HUNDRED FREAKING YEARS are both equally stupid.
That's so ironic, coming from someone with a Steins;Gate avatar/signature combination.

Long time skips are possible if you are dealing with characters that have access to some sort of immortality or at least heavily reduced aging process. Which is apparently applicable here, for obvious reasons.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:15   Link #65
shadow1296

Quote:
Eh. There has been Animes with multiple timelines and they've done it with the very popular Fire Emblem Awakening as well.

I mean look at Eureka 7 AO. Multiple Timelines.

It can be done and far better than a huge Time Skip that ensures that nearly everyone will be dead off screen.
but they weren't able to do it well, except for steins;gate(which is origionally a game), to where the story remained good, and fire emblem awakening is a game that doesn't count game have proven that in them time travel can be executed well in them
Old 2013-05-23, 19:16   Link #66
Destined_Fate

That's your opinion. It can be done and is far better than killing off nearly everyone from old age off panel because of a long time skip.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:20   Link #67
shadow1296

Quote:
That's your opinion. It can be done and is far better than killing off nearly everyone from old age off panel because of a long time skip.
i don't think either of them is a good idea and i don't think it is either of them, but if i had to choose one i would rather a time skip then a time travel mechanic that isn't a part of the story since the beginning and something they added on later that probably won't be properly explained either
Old 2013-05-23, 19:22   Link #68
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xander View Post
That's so ironic, coming from someone with a Steins;Gate avatar/signature combination.
Steins;Gate was cool because it dealt with the actual dangers of time travel. However, time travel storylines are very hard to write in a consistent and coherent manner and it is especially infuriating when the time travel mechanics are just entirely handwaved.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:29   Link #69
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadow1296 View Post
i don't think either of them is a good idea and i don't think it is either of them, but if i had to choose one i would rather a time skip then a time travel mechanic that isn't a part of the story since the beginning and something they added on later that probably won't be properly explained either
Time skip would leave even more unexplained like everything that happened during 200 years of blankness that will never be fully explained.
Old 2013-05-23, 19:55   Link #70
iCK

"Even after 200 years, a promise is a promise" She then opens a locket to see a picture. The only promise we know so far is the promise Haruto made to Saki about helping her. She even says the same line in the episode before. With A-Drei saying one of the golden seven, it can be inferred that its targeted towards the seven VVV pilots.. So as for now, I'm believing that Haruto is dead and that a picture of him is in the locket of Saki.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:04   Link #71
blackwhite67
Banned

Watched the subbed. If Haruto does become a Shu or a Lelouch, its probably because he got a god complex.

BTW, can anyone show me what the Dorssian flag or symbol was?
Old 2013-05-23, 20:32   Link #72
Destined_Fate

Quote:
Originally Posted by iCK View Post
"Even after 200 years, a promise is a promise" She then opens a locket to see a picture. The only promise we know so far is the promise Haruto made to Saki about helping her. She even says the same line in the episode before. With A-Drei saying one of the golden seven, it can be inferred that its targeted towards the seven VVV pilots.. So as for now, I'm believing that Haruto is dead and that a picture of him is in the locket of Saki.
If Haruto is indeed dead than a Time Skip seems even more unlikely because that would mean Haruto, Shoko, and L-Elf wouldn't be there and they kinda are the main characters with Saki.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:35   Link #73
queenSwild

Next episode title: "Princess of Light"

Well, it appears that pink-haired princess will finally be properly introduced next episode. Or at least some of the mysteries surrounding her will be explained. Like, what's her connection to L-Elf? Is she related to A-Drei? Why is she called the Princess of Light? Well, I think that she and A-Drei are related (they are both royalty) while L-Elf is their childhood friend (which is why he and A-Drei are so close. They planned to work together since they were children, and why else would he treasure a picture of her as a child?). I was also surprised when Haruto started crying for her because of L-Elf's memories. What happened to her? She looked fine in episode 5, maybe she's being held captive?

Although we all knew that Aina was going to die, the only thing that surprised me was how brutal it was. I was expecting pink explosions. I wasn't expecting a dead, bloody body floating in space. Is this a sign that this show will be darker from now on?

Judging from the preview, it looks like Kyuuma is blaming Haruto for Aina's death. I smell trouble!!

I also think that Mr.President will also have a problem with Haruto soon. First, he it out voted by him. Next, he'll find out that Haruto is the reason why Takahi didn't kiss him/doesn't like him. There is also that girl who likes Mr.President. These love triangles are going to get messy.

Last edited by queenSwild; 2013-05-23 at 21:13.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:42   Link #74
blackwhite67
Banned

Hey, if my eyes were working correctly, Haruto was being held down by a beam and L-Elf was floating around, indicating that there was no gravity. How does this make sense? And can someone tell me what a justown is? The old guy in the timeskip said it. The Golden Seven refer to the seven VVVs, but there are only 6 VVVs including the missing #2.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:47   Link #75
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Cain is mysterious as hell. The way he shows up in both ED's like he's somehow related to all this. Pretty sure he is hiding something under that eyepatch.

He also has the same eye/hair combo as Satomi, though.

And just what the heck is that Physics teacher doing to the Valvraves?

Takahi should get a Valvrave!!!
Old 2013-05-23, 20:49   Link #76
cyoti

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackwhite67 View Post
Hey, if my eyes were working correctly, Haruto was being held down by a beam and L-Elf was floating around, indicating that there was no gravity. How does this make sense? And can someone tell me what a justown is? The old guy in the timeskip said it. The Golden Seven refer to the seven VVVs, but there are only 6 VVVs including the missing #2.
Presumably there are two missing.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:51   Link #77
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokkan View Post
Time travel and a time skip of TWO HUNDRED FREAKING YEARS are both equally stupid.
But...why? I can understand the Time travel, but I don't really see any problem with the time skip one.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:55   Link #78
~BC~

I think people are more concerned about all the gaps that would need to be filled with such a large time skip. Both plot and characterization wise.

Though again, I think we shouldn't jump the gun on who is or isn't around during this time period we know next to nothing about.

Edit: Anyway, was anyone else cackling at that meat shield scene? That whole fight was hilarious up until...Aina. Awesome way to get people to believe in you L-Elf.
Old 2013-05-23, 20:59   Link #79
Tokkan

Send a message via MSN to Tokkan
Quote:
Originally Posted by ~BC~ View Post
I think people are more concerned about all the gaps that would need to be filled with such a large time skip. Both plot and characterization wise.
This. Very much this exactly.

Time skips of any length are annoying anyway in part due to such gaps, but a 200 year time skip would be catastrophic.

It's just a lazy way to advance the story.
Old 2013-05-23, 21:00   Link #80
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

I'm going to go ahead and say I hope that there is no real time skip/travel. I'm down with there being a few more flash-forwards, but I see nothing wrong with the general story ending in the present.

Good to see at least Shoko survives whatever is going to occur in the present (the atmosphere and statements did make it seem like perhaps she's all that's left; if true, it'll be interesting to see if we are shown how one actually goes about killing an immortal being), and it seems apparent that there'll be 7 Valvraves being piloted now.

So, Shoko, our protagonist, Tiger, boy who looks like he's going to blame the girl's death on Haruto...incest siblings? Just trying to think who all is going to fill those seven pilot roles.

L-Elf's crying over the picture, and the discussion concerning his subservient role as a future hand vs having his own hand shine more light on why he's rebelling and trying to overthrow his former people.

And, actually, let's address the elephant in the room-even keeping in mind that the story doesn't have to make sense to be entertaining. Since L-Elf knows where the Valvraves are, why hasn't he tried to pilot one himself yet?
Also, cake.
Closed Thread