AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat > Sports & Entertainment

Notices

Old 2011-11-05, 20:03   Link #3281
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Well, it's that time of the week again, let's see what the birdie likes this time:

New York (Jets) at Buffalo, Winner: Buffalo. Justification: Buffalo's having a breakout season, the Jets are decent but they don't seem to be heading anywhere, so it's the Bills day.

Seattle at Dallas, Winner: Tossup. Justification: My Narrative states that Seattle is a team slowly recovering from the abyss, a team that might get as many as 8 wins this season (though more likely 6 or 7). My Narrative also states that Dallas is a team that is in limbo: not good enough to get all the way to the Superbowl, but not bad enough to get good enough draft picks that would be necessary for a proper rebuilding. A win for Seattle would confirm my Narrative that the Seahawks are indeed improving and also that the Cowboys are a declining team, destined to spend several years in the abyss (which fits into my Narratives for the future of the NFC East: A division with three shit teams and team that is decent but gets inflated win totals due to said shit teams). A Dallas win would also confirm the current status quo I've predicted for the Cowboys, they'll still likely end up as shit in this scenario, but it'll take a bit longer for them to get there. And yes, one should expect Tony Romo to throw at least three Interceptions. Oh yeah, the Cowboys will likely end up as Slaaneshi worshipers after this game.

Atlanta at Indianapolis, Winner: Atlanta. Justification: Obvious.

Miami at Kansas City, Winner: Miami. Justification: This is one of my contrarian picks of the week, chosen due to my Narrative for the Raiders.

Tampa Bay at New Orleans, Winner: New Orleans. Justification: The NFC South has really shaped up to be a competitive division ever since it's been created, and the Saints aren't the team that won the Super Bowl two and a half years ago, but the Bucs haven't quite proven themselves to be an elite team yet.

San Francisco at Washington, Winner: San Francisco. Justification: Garbaugh continues the story of the miracle by the bay, and the Redskins start worshiping Nurgle in a desperate attempt to turn their season around, they fail though.

Clevland at Houston, Winner: Houston. Justification: The Texans take another baby-step towards their first ever playoff run, oh how they grow up so fast. Meanwhile, The Browns still suck donkey dick.

Cincinnati at Tennessee, Winner: Cincinnati. Justification: The Bungles starting to look really good again, and with team young enough to envisioned as a bunch of shounen heroes and even further hilarious implications if they make it to the Super Bowl.

Denver at Oakland, Winner: Oakland. Justification: Carson Palmer may be a Question Mark, but Tim Tebow is an Exclamation Point. Expect The Raiders to attempt a fake punt at least once.

New York (Giants) at New England, Winner: Tossup. Justification: The only thing I can say the regardless of who wins or loses, Tzeentch has dastardly plans for the Giants, Eli Manning's obliviousness aside…

St. Louis at Arizona, Winner: Arizona. Justification: The Cardinals have generally been much more competitive in it's games than The Rams, so the games in their favor.

Green Bay at San Diego, Winner: Green Bay. Justification: Fact: The 1972 Dolphins team made a deal with the devil to ensure that as long as least one of them was still of this world, that no NFL team would have a perfect season. Fact: The Chargers have not won a game against a team with a record of .500 or better (Yes, the Kansas City games count, as KC had a record below .500 in the first game and a record of exactly .500 in the second.)

Baltimore at Pittsburgh, Winner: Fuck it, Pittsburgh. Justification: The Ravens are very obviously a team in decline after several strong years. So yeah, it's not because I like Pittsburgh or anything, because I don't, you got that?

Chicago at Philadelphia, Winner: Philadelphia. Justification: This will be bloody, as the newly Khornate Eagles will make sure shed much blood for the blood god, and get many trophies for the trophy throne. Expect more rioting than usual at Lincoln Financial Field.

After the games conclude I'll provide the first of three sets of playoff predictions, with the next two coming after Week 12 and Week 15.
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 20:27   Link #3282
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by FDW View Post
St. Louis at Arizona, Winner: Arizona. Justification: The Cardinals have generally been much more competitive in it's games than The Rams, so the games in their favor.
You know Kolb is inactive with turf toe, right?
GDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 21:45   Link #3283
FDW
Zettai Ryouiki Lover

Quote:
Originally Posted by GDB View Post
You know Kolb is inactive with turf toe, right?
I'm not exactly the most logical person when it comes to football, and the Rams have their problems as well…
FDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 22:49   Link #3284
creb
Hiding Under Your Bed

One of my biggest hopes is that we see some form of playoff for college football before I die.

How I'm supposed to believe either LSU or Alabama deserve to be considered the top two teams in the nation after watching a performance I'm sure SEC homers will claim is just a sign that SEC football is so brutal it's impossible to score (lulz)...well, not that I know who the top team in CFB is, but at least with some form of playoff, one's name and tradition-which ties so much into the polls-would no longer be this factor determining if you even have a shot or not.
Also, cake.
creb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 23:27   Link #3285
D2
Go Big Red!

Ugh, I'm sorry, but defensive struggles just don't do it for me. LSU-Bama was pretty boring IMO, don't think there should be a rematch, not after missing multiple field goals and losing at home. Anyone watch the Okie St-K State game? That one was incredible.
Old 2011-11-05, 23:46   Link #3286
solomon

Hey man I like me some low scoring defensive brawls.

It's just that neither offense is that good.

Anyways, I will be dissapointed if we end up here again at the end of the year. No matter how good the game was, Bama lost. Them getting back is just a popularity contest.

Don't you DARE go onto SEC boards and say that though.
solomon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-05, 23:47   Link #3287
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

No one appreciates defense nowadays.

Offensive games are more fun, but people confuse these fast, offensive powerhouses as better teams than the defensive-oriented SEC teams and as much as I am tired of hearing about the dominance of the SEC, the SEC have shut these type of teams down for the past 6 years.
Dilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 00:10   Link #3288
D2
Go Big Red!

Don't get me wrong, I appreciate defense, but when neither team is able to get out of single digits OR score one single TD, I think the score has a bit more to do with inept offense than incredible defense. It bothers me when an SEC game ends 3-2, it's called great defense, but when a game outside the conference has a similar low score final, SEC fans call the game 'Undisciplined' and 'Sloppy'.
Old 2011-11-06, 01:31   Link #3289
Last Sinner
You're Hot, Cupcake

*sigh* There's been a permanent shift in the airing of NFL in Australia it seems...only the Sunday night game is being shown live - at noon my time. The other games are on the graveyard shift Tuesday morning....
Old 2011-11-06, 04:00   Link #3290
Highman
Keep Pounding and Destroy

Send a message via AIM to Highman
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilla View Post
No one appreciates defense nowadays.

Offensive games are more fun, but people confuse these fast, offensive powerhouses as better teams than the defensive-oriented SEC teams and as much as I am tired of hearing about the dominance of the SEC, the SEC have shut these type of teams down for the past 6 years.
I was dead asleep when headed to halftime, both teams had great defense and good special team coverages. NEVER, never let myself believe SEC is dominant for the long. The fact is SEC proves old say proving ground defenses showed the highest point of College Football.

Defense always win championship and never gets old except we need Tylenol Am/Pm and cup of joe to keep us awake.
Highman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 16:47   Link #3291
Samari
World's Greatest

49ers are 7-1. We've already matched the win total of our division last season by Seattle. And we still have only played one game against our division opponents. The passing game seems to be getting a little better. Alex Smith isn't putting up big numbers, but is still making good decisions for the most part. Still need to do better on third downs though.

"Every light must fade, every heart return to darkness!"
永遠不要失去信心,你的命運。
Samari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 16:48   Link #3292
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

good football day for me and my friends so far

49ers won, Cowboys won, Falcons won, just need the G-Men to shutdown the Pats.

Dolphins destroying the Chiefs was quite unexpected...expecting to win, sure, but destroying them? DAMN!
Mr. DJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 16:53   Link #3293
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
just need the G-Men to shutdown the Pats.
Two Pick6's in the first quarter. Is that shutting them down enough?
Old 2011-11-06, 18:05   Link #3294
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Tom Brady is probably having some major Super Bowl XLII flashbacks right now.
Old 2011-11-06, 18:50   Link #3295
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

Quote:
Two Pick6's in the first quarter. Is that shutting them down enough?
it was a start...then three setbacks happened...

this game is close ;o

FOX's broadcast is irritating the hell out of me...

this final minute of football...

Last edited by Mr. DJ; 2011-11-06 at 19:24.
Old 2011-11-06, 19:29   Link #3296
Dilla
'Sup Ballers

Quote:
lol yes sir.

Ooohh Chargers/Packers bonus coverage. . .and it's ruined because Rivers just threw game-sealing a pick.
Old 2011-11-06, 19:33   Link #3297
Kyuu
=^^=

Quote:
It's OFFICIAL. 18-1 confirmed and verified.

And now, Chargers in desperation mode.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-11-06, 19:34   Link #3298
GDB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. DJ View Post
FOX's broadcast is irritating the hell out of me...
I didn't have that broadcast originally (which is silly, since Fox has shown the Packers game for the rest of the season here), but after seeing this switched back to it and managed to catch the latest interception. Thank you!
Old 2011-11-06, 19:35   Link #3299
Mr. DJ
Schwing!

man...if Brady would have gotten sacked in the end...it would have topped off the Super Bowl flashback

Quote:
I didn't have that broadcast originally (which is silly, since Fox has shown the Packers game for the rest of the season here), but after seeing this switched back to it and managed to catch the latest interception. Thank you!
had to switch to their HD channel since the regular one froze
Old 2011-11-06, 19:37   Link #3300
D2
Go Big Red!

Packers be rollin

Tags
american football, sports