2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 7 4.79%
Voters: 146. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2007-11-08, 09:22   Link #241
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
I really dont why Louise is in the anime she serves no purpose other than irritation. If she would have fallen off the station and drifted forever i wouldnt have given a damn.
Actually, I am. I don't really care about her much, but if she just die like you mentioned, you know what people would dig up in this thread, don't you?
Duo Maxwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 09:44   Link #242
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
Actually, I am. I don't really care about her much, but if she just die like you mentioned, you know what people would dig up in this thread, don't you?
Unforunetly Yes and that just makes it even sadder. If she is going to serve a purpose in the future thats fine, but right now i only see her as an irritation.
Old 2007-11-08, 09:46   Link #243
4Tran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
Honestly,the sniping scene wasn't really outrageous.With the size of the scope and the gun, it really isn't a problem.The Nasa use small telescope to track the shuttle, the images are impressive.So it's certainly not impossible 300 years in the future.
The problem isn't in the ability to hit targets at long ranges - it's that, out-of-universe, the creators won't use such a technology to its logical conclusion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZeusIrae
I don't want to know what they were smoking when they imagined that.That's probably one of the most ridiculous scene ever seen in a gundam show.
It's likely that the creators were thinking something along the lines of "uh, oops... you know, it looks like there's nothing for our main character to do in the whole episode". As for ridiculousness, it's up there, but I can recall worse stuff in Zeta, ZZ, Char's Counterattack and Victory (not to mention G Gundam).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandman
I was actually thinking that scene indicated that the clouds, being a fairly dense collection of water particles relative to the overall atmosphere, would scatter the laser beam. Not a problem at close ranges, but when you're firing at something in orbit, you really can't afford to disperse your energy blasts at all.
That's unlikely. It's not a laser beam, and the attenuation you'd get firing through dozens of kilometers of atmosphere would far exceed that of a few clouds. Moreover, it doesn't match the dialogue.

I'm sort of unclear as to what people are finding so objectionable about Louise, sure she isn't the greatest character, but she serves to lighten the tone. And that's exactly what the show needs to avoid falling into the trap of being overly serious.
Old 2007-11-08, 10:53   Link #244
Honey_and_Cleaver

This episode is a waste of time, Saji should go die already. Louise is too good for idiots like Saji. Plus we dont even actually need characters like that, more time could have gone to show the gundam crew instead, i guess the script writers are good at writing crap like Saji, because thats all the thing they can relate with.
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 11:16   Link #245
Tangerine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
i guess the script writers are good at writing crap like Saji, because thats all the thing they can relate with.
Script: Yousuke Kuroda (Infinite Ryvius, Honey and Clover, Excel Saga, Trigun, Gungrave...)
Tangerine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 11:26   Link #246
SonicX_Zero
Kill Kira

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tangerine View Post
Script: Yousuke Kuroda (Infinite Ryvius, Honey and Clover, Excel Saga, Trigun, Gungrave...)
Well Gundam 00 had a good run.
SonicX_Zero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 11:30   Link #247
Honey_and_Cleaver

Quote:
Spoiler for Now i know:
Honey_and_Cleaver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 12:24   Link #248
Zero system

concerning Saji and Louise,
as long as we dont get a redo of Raki (claymore) i'm fine with them taking a bit of screentime, or maybe 1 episode out of 50(more than 50 I hope) dedicated only to the side characters
Zero system is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 12:40   Link #249
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by glyph View Post
though I fail to see what possible use she might be to Celestial Being or whoever the villains of this piece are).
I felt the same way about Katejina.
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 12:49   Link #250
Dark Wing

Just finished watching the subs and I don't get what all the fuss is about. The series is only in it's 5th episode of a 50 episode series be patient people.

Anyway I thought this episode was mild at best. We got a little action here and character development there. Also I like Saji and Louise they are nice relief to all the fighting and death and I hope that they don't take too active of a role in the fighting they're good as supporting cast for now.
Old 2007-11-08, 12:54   Link #251
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
I'm sort of unclear as to what people are finding so objectionable about Louise, sure she isn't the greatest character, but she serves to lighten the tone.
How exactly does she do that? With the melodramatic "almost confession" of love? Or by making half the audience want to kill her?

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 13:04   Link #252
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
How exactly does she do that? With the melodramatic "almost confession" of love? Or by making half the audience want to kill her?
Then, I'm with the other half audience. She's better than the lame singer in the army anyway. Do we have to go through seriously event all the time just because it's Gundam?
Old 2007-11-08, 13:14   Link #253
monster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Matrim View Post
Usually, someone who can sincerely smile or even laugh (when appropriate, of course, compare her smile to Wang Liu Mei's), when surrounded by a cast of serious people, would usually lighten people's mood.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duo Maxwell View Post
She's better than the lame singer in the army anyway.
What, you don't like Linn Minmei?
monster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 13:15   Link #254
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

I actually like Saji and Louise. They're like the only normal people in a world of intrigue, politics, and combat.
cors8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 13:20   Link #255
Matrim
Naysayer?Fanboy?Wiseacre?

Quote:
Usually, someone who can sincerely smile or even laugh (when appropriate, of course, compare her smile to Wang Liu Mei's), when surrounded by a cast of serious people, would usually lighten people's mood.
Usually, yes. When said characters are more annoying than refresing - no. At least not for me.

Matrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 15:18   Link #256
4Tran

Without the side characters like Louise and Saji, Gundam 00 veers towards being a very dour show. While some people may like that kind of thing, it doesn't really work very well if the writing is as poor as it has been. A few lighter-hearted characters serve to mute such criticisms by making the show take itself a little less seriously. It's also a much needed change of pace from the otherwise relentless exposition and geopolitics.

While it's true that the time spent on their characters could have perhaps been better used for other purposes, what they did in episode 5 is still superior to what Gundam 00 has shown so far.
Old 2007-11-08, 15:23   Link #257
Duo Maxwell
A Proud Lolicon

Quote:
Originally Posted by monstert View Post
What, you don't like Linn Minmei?
Let's keep it in Gundam only . Furthermore, I haven't watch any Macross series yet.
Old 2007-11-08, 18:59   Link #258
Ninjacat

Location: In the frozen wastes of the Province of Quebec, Canada.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
I actually like Saji and Louise. They're like the only normal people in a world of intrigue, politics, and combat.
If by 'normal' you mean 'random imbecile', I agree 100%. I understand what they're trying to do, but they just fail. Badly. I guess every anime show about competent people needs a Raki or two to maintain te balance of the universe...
Ninjacat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 19:10   Link #259
Virtue
Banned

I rather Saji & Louise have some more screentime instead of looking at the old geezer's of the 3 factions ranting all day about CB.
Virtue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-11-08, 20:01   Link #260
wingdarkness
Retweet Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Honey_and_Cleaver View Post
This episode is a waste of time, Saji should go die already. Louise is too good for idiots like Saji. Plus we dont even actually need characters like that, more time could have gone to show the gundam crew instead, i guess the script writers are good at writing crap like Saji, because thats all the thing they can relate with.
Quote:
Wow I wonder what eating your shoe tastes like H&C?

As for Louise and Sanji, either you guys forgot or haven't seen but one or 2 G-series...Side character expositions and character randomness exists on almost every level of this genre...Hell Turn A is filled with enuff random character happenings to fill a Z'Gok swimming pool...I didn't hear you people complaining when Kira and Lacus were shopping for a dress with the "Apacolypse" over the horizon so why would you complain about the interaction of a young couple on a space base during a field trip (acting in a way very common to Japanese in anime)?

From those annoying kids in Zeta, to the ensign in Double ZZ who wanted to date the pizza waitress, to the lives of Trowa's circus buddies, to etc., etc., etc. ...Gundam has always utilized side characters (or random characters) in a very mundane, matter of fact way...Usually to emphasize the nominal nature of life amoungst the greatness of what exists in the Gundamverse...I mean watch some Gundam and you'll find the actions of Sanji meaningless in comparison...Watch some more Gundam before you guys complain over this type of stuff, sheeesh...