AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Archived Manga & Light Novel Discussion

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2009-12-13, 15:02   Link #801
Irenicus
Le fou, c'est moi

^I'd say Shujin ought to adhere to the spirit of the law more than the letter?

And yeah, I'm kind of hoping that Eiji really does pull the Series Instagib card on their gag manga. I mean, they started out with this awesome Death Note-esque one-shot, made their big break with a pretty cool mystery manga made from their hearts, and now they're going to try and stay on course with a shitty artificial gag manga? Hell no. Kill it, Niizuma-sensei! Ashirogi Muto is wasted on this shit.

[/never read any of the fictional series myself of course, but hey, a critic doesn't need to actually see a series to know how it is, right?]
Old 2009-12-13, 17:02   Link #802
velvet nightmare

yeah but here's the thing, at this point we don't know if the gag manga might do well after all (statistics and all that)

it still is currently holding #1 pre serialization meeting or something
Old 2009-12-14, 21:09   Link #803
mammothb

the thing is that if the manga is serialized then shujin will marry rit? so probably it will be serialized, since if not it will be another whole chunk of emoing and trying out a new manga O.O
Old 2009-12-14, 22:17   Link #804
Cinocard

Since this manga would end with them being at the top, and their current manga doesn't have the potential to be the top, It's quite certain that something would happen to make them change their serialized manga again in the future.

I wonder what it can be.
Old 2009-12-15, 19:17   Link #805
mammothb

haha, probably they will marry, and the married life will disrupt the manga work? or maybe the couples work together, on a manga based on their lives =.=
Old 2009-12-16, 00:54   Link #806
Wrath88
Kissing...

Hmm... possible scenarios. Traveling around to get inspiration, working part-time job for more money, pretty much slice-of-life experiences.
Old 2009-12-16, 07:23   Link #807
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

Just their manga being on top isn't enough. They also have to keep it going long enough for it to become an anime. That one chick has to become the VA for the lead female in that anime. They also have to get married. The first condition, getting the manga popular, is probably going to be the only one that really extends this, though.
Old 2009-12-16, 12:49   Link #808
Cinocard

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble
Just their manga being on top isn't enough. They also have to keep it going long enough for it to become an anime. That one chick has to become the VA for the lead female in that anime. They also have to get married. The first condition, getting the manga popular, is probably going to be the only one that really extends this, though.
Yup. Depends on the popularity of Bakuman, after their manga is decided to be animated, we can get an open ending, an epilogue, or a drag to their after married life. And Bakuman is certainly popular enough to do that, but the Ohba-Obata combo doesn't seem like the type to drag their story to me.
Old 2009-12-16, 14:01   Link #809
velvet nightmare

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJ Trouble View Post
iirc otters wasn't a consistent #1 and still got an anime
Old 2009-12-16, 14:16   Link #810
DJ Trouble
Pajama Party!

I'd feel a little shortchanged if after the decision to animate their manga was made, we get a jump to some epilogue with them married or whatever.

Otters is a gag manga, isn't it? It doesn't have to be at the top, just be popular enough to warrant an anime. That said, Ashirogi's manga doesn't really have to be at the top, but they're always aiming for number one, have been set up as rivals to the current number one, and are always talking about it, so it's unlikely they won't be number one consistently at some point in time.
Old 2009-12-17, 10:12   Link #811
Freeter
beyond

Spoiler for page 67:
Old 2009-12-17, 17:04   Link #812
kayote
Looking for ONE PIECE

love is in the air....

finally some classical Hirumaru and it's gonna be great to see the interaction between Aoki and Fukuda.

Last edited by kayote; 2009-12-18 at 00:07.
Old 2009-12-17, 19:44   Link #813
LeaD36
LeaDfactor

Send a message via MSN to LeaD36
i just read freeters first line of spoiler and damn, it didnt spoil that much, but i just have to luv this manga and rather wait for slation
Old 2009-12-17, 20:28   Link #814
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
The chapter is out: http://www.mangatoshokan.com/read/bakuman/294/67

Really fun chapter, ah I love the way this is going. Fukuda is epic.
Old 2009-12-17, 21:59   Link #815
Vree

I approve of this 2nd love triangle of Aoki's. XD
Old 2009-12-17, 23:07   Link #816
velvet nightmare

looks like aoki might hook up with fukuda for dating as well as manga

and everyone might compete at their top after all
Old 2009-12-17, 23:25   Link #817
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
For some reason or another, I'm all for Aoki/Fukuda. Her shy demeanor is counterbalanced by his outgoing personality. Then he can laugh at both Nakai and Hirumaru afterward.
Old 2009-12-17, 23:25   Link #818
Sai Feng
Yo-poko! O_O

Fukuda is the freakin' man! Aoki and him working together is going to be interesting.
Old 2009-12-18, 00:11   Link #819
Claies
Good-Natured Asshole.

Fukuda leaps, and Fukuda lands! Nine rungs up on the badass ladder! Aoki x Fukuda ftw.

By the way, Fukuda's face right before the punch was exactly my face. Obata and Ohta are psychic.

Ladies and Gentlemen, the countdown for Ultimate Nakai Meltdown continues!
Old 2009-12-18, 02:57   Link #820
mammothb

ishizawa is a real dick, hope they drop the bridge on him soon, maybe get run over by otter's porsche or something
Closed Thread

Tags
manga, shounen