AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2011-04-05, 05:43   Link #201
ShiroiRyu

No fansubs yet ...
Really wanted ... And i don't saw the episode ... But i need it ... It's Minervamon !
And finally, we have a digivolution to go to her. (Not a DNA Digivolution)
ShiroiRyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-10, 00:59   Link #202
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

I'm still waiting for Episode 31 to be english subbed.....I refuse to watch anime RAW.
Kid Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-11, 01:49   Link #203
ShiroiRyu

Finally the subbed version ...
And YEY for Flowerpowermon !\o/
And thanks for Ryuu-Rogue.
Old 2011-04-12, 03:33   Link #204
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Yeah Episode 31 is out, I have yet to watch it though, waiting for the right time....
Old 2011-04-12, 05:09   Link #205
roriconfan
Banned

Send a message via MSN to roriconfan
Plot? Where are you? Hello?
And here I thought Frontier was bad.
roriconfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 13:17   Link #206
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
what the hell just happened... am I still watching the same show?
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 14:23   Link #207
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Well, remember hoe all the way back in Adventure, back when Tai ended up going back to the real world on his own for a day, and then when he cam back he found out everything changed?

Yeah same thing.

I disagree with what roricon had said, I find myself enjoying this series a great deal, for non-nostalgic reasons even. I was quite surprised honestly, since I wasn't all that excited over the prospect of a new Digimon show, but there you go.

The new direction their going in looks more similar to the way Adventure had going to towards its end, so it'll be interesting to see how things will end up concluding from this point onwards.
Old 2011-04-12, 14:29   Link #208
Funkatron
Highly irregular

Any credence to the rumors that the changes occurred due to company mandates?
Funkatron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 14:51   Link #209
Kurosu
KORA!!
*Scanlator

Send a message via MSN to Kurosu
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post
Well, remember hoe all the way back in Adventure, back when Tai ended up going back to the real world on his own for a day, and then when he cam back he found out everything changed?
That's true, but the tone of the series was generally unchanged. While I have no issues with things becoming darker for the sake of the plot, the show itself seems much different from the first half.

Actually you know what, I'm lying to myself, forget everything I just said, it's just Kiriha's new look that's scared the hell out of me. It does seem to resemble the Dark Masters arc, except with more enemies to face.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Funkatron View Post
Any credence to the rumors that the changes occurred due to company mandates?
I thought about this as well, the changes seemed a bit too sudden for me.
Kurosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-12, 15:53   Link #210
roriconfan
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arabesque View Post

Yeah same thing.

I disagree with what roricon had said, I find myself enjoying this series a great deal, for non-nostalgic reasons even. I was quite surprised honestly, since I wasn't all that excited over the prospect of a new Digimon show, but there you go.

The new direction their going in looks more similar to the way Adventure had going to towards its end, so it'll be interesting to see how things will end up concluding from this point onwards.
Oh please, this is so dull compared to adventure. All explosions and a stupid lizard yelling he will be king. And the plot is 3 lines long while the story is far simpler.
Old 2011-04-12, 20:43   Link #211
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
Oh please, this is so dull compared to adventure. All explosions and a stupid lizard yelling he will be king. And the plot is 3 lines long while the story is far simpler.
I'll agree it's not as good, but the general comparison still fits. Main character and his main digimon leave the world, time passes, world gets worse, and he goes back needing to reunite with the others.
Old 2011-04-13, 00:30   Link #212
roriconfan
Banned

^ These are nothing but generic similarities with the previous season and have nothing to do with making it entertaining. As if giving googles to the lead is all it takes to have a good season. If all I wanted was cameos and parodies, I would watch Gintama.
Old 2011-04-13, 05:30   Link #213
ShiroiRyu

Oh, you can complain, it's not that who will stop me for watching this show.
It's Digimon and a good one !
But we need moar Digimon deaths ... *_*
Old 2011-04-13, 10:13   Link #214
Arabesque
Licensed Hunter-a-holic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurosu View Post
Actually you know what, I'm lying to myself, forget everything I just said, it's just Kiriha's new look that's scared the hell out of me

I'd say that Kiriha's new look is also surprising, but then again Taiki had been gone for months, and during that time the digital world had been a living hell, so I guess his look is meant to reflect that

of course, he still does look like a beyblade reject in the end ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by roriconfan View Post
^ These are nothing but generic similarities with the previous season and have nothing to do with making it entertaining. As if giving googles to the lead is all it takes to have a good season. If all I wanted was cameos and parodies, I would watch Gintama.
I don't think that's all there is to this season. Mind you, I wasn't looking for much in this series back when it first started, but over time it had grown into something quite decent imo.

It's how things had played out. Taiki had been build up as something of a good kid, moreso than any other past protagonist had ever been. That's not to say he's been played out to be a saint (just close enough) but he's always good hearted, always thinking of others, and even when he does something wrong, he does it to benefit someone else (even an enemy) Those are admirable qualities and make him quite likable (if a bit of a Mary Sue) There is also how we actually build up and explore the digital world fully, rather than going into different other areas of world building. It gave out some stories entertaining to watch, and the humor isn't all that bad. The supplots are also something akin to the first digimon and the enemies have qualities that make them larger than life and fun to watch, rather than force them to become constantly morbid.

Obviously, the show does make a lot of past references to the previous shows (Lucemon turning out evil, the Digimemories, Puppetmon wanting friends, retuning to the real world and then back to the digital etc.) so the show is definitely playing the nostalgic card a lot, but even thats not the reason why I thought this season is so similar to Adventure.

The reason why I think that has to do not only with the tone of the show (this is the only other digimon show to actually be about a kid going on a quest in a game style trying to save this eccentric world since the first), but also the theme that the show is carrying as well as the structure of the two shows. You can notice how there the general events of the first season fit with the ones here, as well as the themes of friendship and acceptance that are played out just as strongly as in Adeventure

That's not to say that it's a complete copy, Xross Wars is far more idealistic show than Adventure, amazingly. But I do think it's up there on the same trial of lighthearted, fun quest.
Old 2011-04-13, 12:20   Link #215
roriconfan
Banned

Ok with all that but most seasons were about finding a way home or revealing a mystery, that made them somewhat scary. This is "I fight a generic evil, beat armies alone, have the chosen one as my ally, and will be king" since episode 1. It is almost fooling too obviously and leaves no room for plot development. Heck, it took 30 episodes for a twist to come along and even that was not something we didn't see in the first season.

Plus, the names of the evolutions would need a bit more variety other than... Shoutmon v2 and Shoutmon v3. I wonder what the next one will be called...
Old 2011-04-13, 20:14   Link #216
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

Digimon Xros Wars Act II. The Evil Death Generals and the Seven Kingdoms

Episode 31. To a New World! The Blazing General's Dragon Land

A well-thought review by Arabesque at this thread, which makes me to reflect that it's been long since the first Digimon Adventure was broadcasted.

What delights me the most, at least I see it from my POV, is that with each Digimon incarnation the writers invest more and more exploring the relationships between human and digimon partners, as well conferring more and more individualistic personalities from many to most of the digimon characters.

We have for Xros Wars that most Digimon, taking Shoutmon for example, want to live their lives the way the wish for it and even can take on personal goals to fulfill.

The tone may feel the same like in Adventure, nevertheless, both the atmosphere and plot I feel them easily constructed. Themes explored in the first season for this show are going to be revisited or complimenting with many new discoveries and twists for the second season.

I see that Kouji Wada against took the spot to perform this seasons Super-Evolution theme song, although it's too bad that he does not perform the new opening song for this season, making the Xros Wars the first entry in the Digimon anime franchise not to feature an OP theme song performed by Kouji Wada.
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-04-13, 20:26   Link #217
Kid Ryan
Playful Explorer

Episode 32 has aired, any subs out?
Old 2011-04-14, 04:49   Link #218
ShiroiRyu

No no.
We have to wait for Ryuu Rogue ...
But hey ... Anyone thought Dracomon will have a Super Digivolution to Minervamon ? *_*
(Don't remember if we saw the two in the opening in same time)
EDIT : Saw it ... No Dracomon but Minervamon is with Gunner Digimon and the TV Digimon of Nene ...
Old 2011-04-17, 19:22   Link #219
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Spoiler for Ep32:
Old 2011-04-17, 21:49   Link #220
Shadow Angel
Hellraiser

Eppy 32 subs are finally out.