AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2010-10-17, 03:23   Link #5401
paptimus
dark nexon

maybe just like AIM is the source of esper power and divine power is the source of magic then IB itself is the source of another kind of power.

200 years after the story of index ,other type of espers appear and they use Toumas power (call upon it)

Also just a little thought , if aiwass is killed in the end will the espers loose their power , because aiwass is the source of AIM (maybe).
Old 2010-10-17, 03:24   Link #5402
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Accelerator has been referred as "The one who wields a portion of the power that equates to god"
Dark Matter has been referred as "The one who wields a portion of the heaven that gods resides"

I'd say their power is pretty divine.
Old 2010-10-17, 03:57   Link #5403
reaper with no name

Quote:
Originally Posted by paptimus View Post
maybe just like AIM is the source of esper power and divine power is the source of magic then IB itself is the source of another kind of power.

200 years after the story of index ,other type of espers appear and they use Toumas power (call upon it)

Also just a little thought , if aiwass is killed in the end will the espers loose their power , because aiwass is the source of AIM (maybe).
Aiwass is not the source of esper power, so far as we know. The source of AIM is the espers themselves.

By the same token, the source of magic is not God (any more than AIM is); magic comes from humans who use their lifeforce to exploit laws of the universe unknown to science.
Old 2010-10-17, 04:23   Link #5404
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post
Accelerator has been referred as "The one who wields a portion of the power that equates to god"
Dark Matter has been referred as "The one who wields a portion of the heaven that gods resides"

And yet, both are still AIM based....Horusian if you may. La Persona Superiore a Dio is still beyond that nor is something on God's level. The AIM format may have put them on that path but that doesn't mean they have achieved the fully divine status.

IB is just one big ? in all this.
Old 2010-10-17, 04:28   Link #5405
pikachuwei

Im kinda confused now, everyone says AIM is power from the Aeon of Horus

but Aiwass clearly stated that Darkwing accel, the pinnacle of AIM in a human, his power was from teh Aeon of Osiris

which kinda screws up teh "magic is from Aeon of osiris and AIM is from teh Aeon of Horus" argument. It would seem Aiwass's AIM is to human AIM what Telesma is to Magic, a higher level.
Old 2010-10-17, 04:32   Link #5406
reaper with no name

The black wings of Accelerator represent (among other things) death. The aeon of Osiris is the age of religions that focus on death (Christianity being the main one).

Aiwass was not literally saying that Accelerator's power is that of the aeon of Osiris, but that it might as well have been. It was a league below Aiwass, and unless Accelerator evolved beyond that to a more awakened and free state (which is what the aeon of Horus is about), he would never get anywhere near Aiwass in terms of power.

Come to think of it, Accelerator's unawakened state can be seen as representing the aeon of Isis. The aeon of Isis was the age of religions based around the natural world, and Accelerator's unawakened state represented mastery of the natural forces of the world. So, if the black wings represent the age of death (aeon of Osiris), does Accelerator's current state finally represent Accelerator awakening into a more (what's the word? Spiritual? Moral? Wiser? Yeah, that's the one) wise person that is free of the restrictions of his past (which is very Horus-y)?
Old 2010-10-17, 04:53   Link #5407
tsunade666

well the current accelerator is really free from his past. The darkness can never hunt his heart again and that change of heart helps him to further evolve into an angelic being.
Old 2010-10-17, 07:13   Link #5408
LastResolve

so level 6 was literaly someone who can reach heavens (imaginary sector) by being angelificated himself
Old 2010-10-17, 07:32   Link #5409
tsunade666

I'm not sure if Accelerator right now is a level 6. He become strong indeed but his still shot down one hit from a strong attack of Fiamma.

Now imagine the battle of Fiamma and Touma. Touma is withstanding that kind of attacks.

I think Accelerator can still further evolve.
Old 2010-10-17, 07:41   Link #5410
ykf566

Are you telling me that Fiamma was bombarding Touma with attacks all of which are capable of destroying a continent?
Old 2010-10-17, 07:48   Link #5411
Marcus H.
Princess or Plunderer?

"He become strong indeed but his still shot down one hit from a strong attack of Fiamma."

Take note that Fiamma's power depends on the power of his enemy.
More powerful enemy, bigger wallop.
Spring 2023: Yamada-kun to Lv999 no Koi wo Suru, Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear Punch! (4/12), Skip to Loafer, Tonikaku Kawaii S2 (1/12), Otonari ni Ginga (5/12) and Kimi wa Houkago Insomnia (3/13).

Contact me on Wikia and MyAnimeList.
Anime List Status ~ Watching: 33. Completed: 468. Plan to watch: 39.
Old 2010-10-17, 07:56   Link #5412
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by shmaster View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosmic Eagle View Post
And yet, both are still AIM based....Horusian if you may. La Persona Superiore a Dio is still beyond that nor is something on God's level. The AIM format may have put them on that path but that doesn't mean they have achieved the fully divine status.
Yes I agree that they're still not Angel-level yet, but their powers can be seen as something only 'God' could do, yet here are mortals who can do the same, hence what shmaster meant when he said that Aleister artificially created divine powers. 'Divine' power is that both Accelerator and Kakine's Dark Matter have the ability to manipulate the natural order of things, and not that they've become Angels or the likes.

It's like every other Esper still plays within the boundaries of what 'God' has created in this world/universe, but Accelerator and Kakine have the potential to go beyond that. Kakine is a 'creator' that can bring things into this world that never existed, and Accelerator has the power to control anything he can touch and understand.
Old 2010-10-17, 08:50   Link #5413
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marcus H. View Post
"He become strong indeed but his still shot down one hit from a strong attack of Fiamma."

Take note that Fiamma's power depends on the power of his enemy.
More powerful enemy, bigger wallop.
Yap and think what that big attack is meant to destroy.... Touma. it's an attack that could destroy the Eurasia together with Touma.

But accelerator stops it.

The power of holy right and imagine breaker matches the opponents. But who is the opponent of Fiamma?............... it's Touma

plus even without that Fiamma is still hax one hit KO dood that destroy anything it touches.

Even if Accelerator finally evolve into an angel do you think he can still go against Fiamma?
Old 2010-10-17, 09:12   Link #5414
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Joay finished Chapter 1 of Volume 15
Old 2010-10-17, 09:19   Link #5415
mt.andi
Triple agent

^ Eh? Isn't there just 1st & 2nd part of Chapter 1?
Old 2010-10-17, 09:20   Link #5416
tsunade666

his starting to be active more often after the series starts. Before the update takes weeks for it to be complete.
Old 2010-10-17, 09:35   Link #5417
Suzuku
(`・⊝・´)/\(`・⊝・´)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mt.andi View Post
^ Eh? Isn't there just 1st & 2nd part of Chapter 1?
I meant he started.
Old 2010-10-17, 10:14   Link #5418
RPG_Fanatic
Fallere825

Quote:
Originally Posted by Suzuku View Post
A Railgun SS is being included with Index II BDs.

Anyway, translation of the ToumaxMikoto scene in vol22.

Spoiler for Volume 22 Chapter 12 Part 4:

And epilogue scene with Mikoto finding Touma's strap.

Spoiler for Volume 22 Epilogue (last section):

Courtesy of /a/ Certain Light Novel Translator.
Poor Mikoto. I hope the next volume that gets released tell us what she plans on doing now.
Old 2010-10-17, 16:29   Link #5419
Karna
just some guy

Anyone think that Touma may represent the age of Ma'at or whatever Crowley's(real life) called the fourth age?
Old 2010-10-17, 16:43   Link #5420
Miraluka
Banned

I think Touma is above them, and if a new power/era appears Touma will be above that, thus La persona superiore a Dio.
Closed Thread

Tags
action, dengeki bunko, fantasy, light novels, science fiction, shounen