AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2013-10-27, 10:13   Link #421
MartianMage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderer View Post
Although, I have to say that one of the interesting things about the ending, is that for all the "evil" Homura is emoting visually, the world that she created appears itself not be so awful.

In fact, if it weren't for Homura acting all "Mua ha ha" about it, her actions could have been a lot more sympathetic. It was really weird. It felt more like Homura acted more out of a desire for power over Madoka than out of love for her. I think that's what really rubbed me the wrong way- it seems out of character for Homura.
This really catches my attention. I mean yeah from all the things I've read so far it's not like she's done anything really evil. Since I don't know how much of the script was originally from Gen maybe he only planned the role reversal and Shinbo decided to add the evil Homura vibes for possible future expansions?
Kyubey: Perhaps the same could be said of all religions.
Homura: Your words are as empty as your soul! Lolis ill-needs a savior such as you!
Kyubey: What is a loli? A miserable little pile of moe! But enough talk...have at you!
MartianMage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 11:01   Link #422
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vegard Aune View Post
Oh yeah, and I should say...

Well if that's true... FRANCHISE FUCKING SAVED, as far as I'm concerned. For see, if Urobuchi did not want this ending, then that means that The Rebellion Story is basically a professionally produced, absolutely gorgeously animated and yet absolutely abhorrent, piece of fanfiction. And I do not let fanfiction spoil my love of something beautiful. And I do indeed hold the original PMMM and the first two movies as something truly beautiful.

I will be happy to keep the new Kalafina-songs though. Abhorrent movie or not, Kimi no Gin no Niwa is outstanding.
you know that the same coudl eb said about the original series ending, since it was shinbo the one who came out by the idea, while urobuchi had other ending in mind.

[EDIT]
I apologize in advance for I don't rmember in which interview that was stated.

though magica quartet has got a lot of members, it seems like only gen and shinbo have any significaive output to the plot, with aoki ume being a far third.

Last edited by maximilianjenus; 2013-10-27 at 13:05. Reason: apologyze
maximilianjenus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 12:04   Link #423
kmustlive

Spoiler for about Homura:
kmustlive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 13:33   Link #424
woxx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triple_R View Post

While I can certainly understand Homura's biggest fans being disappointed with this turn for her character, I think there might also be a lot of potential here for further character exploration and growth.
I don't think so. I'm as fan pretty happy with that. She has evil undertones from the begining and she just went through character development and finally achieved her goals. But I feel bad about Madokami. Homura got one of the best possible endings. Simple dieing and reuniting with Madoka is happiest ending, but it is not in this show's style.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kmustlive View Post
Spoiler for about Homura:
Spoiler for answer:
woxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 13:59   Link #425
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximilianjenus View Post
you know that the same coudl eb said about the original series ending, since it was shinbo the one who came out by the idea, while urobuchi had other ending in mind.

[EDIT]
I apologize in advance for I don't rmember in which interview that was stated.

though magica quartet has got a lot of members, it seems like only gen and shinbo have any significaive output to the plot, with aoki ume being a far third.
Citation needed. This seems to contradict Gen's pre-production outlines as gleamed from the Production Notes, where he clearly specifies "writing an ending like he's always wanted."
Old 2013-10-27, 15:29   Link #426
Triple_R
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Triple_R
Quote:
Originally Posted by woxx View Post
I don't think so. I'm as fan pretty happy with that. She has evil undertones from the begining and she just went through character development and finally achieved her goals.
You said that she had evil undertones from the beginning. Well, now that they're fully out in the open, the potential is there for character reformation in any sequel.
Old 2013-10-27, 16:03   Link #427
maximilianjenus
[E]

character development does not necesarily imply that the characetr becoems a better person, I think one of the good examples is Kira from death note, as the series progresses he becomes increasingly worse, yet is a good and naturla development considering the content of the series.

@Auratwilight, if I happen to remember which interview that was in, I will surely post it, don't worry.
Old 2013-10-27, 16:14   Link #428
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

The text below is from 4chan, and is from someone who saw the movie and read the official pamphlet that had interviews with the staff.

UROBUCHI
"While the show was still airing Iwagami approached me and asked what I thought about doing a sequel. I just laughed it off and didn't take it seriously but he repeated it several times and I eventually realised he was serious."
They came up with the idea for a sequel through brainstorming sessions, and this idea of it taking place inside Homura's soul gem as she starts to become a witch was the first idea they came up with.
The big plot twist WASN'T Urobuchi's idea, he was going to have Madoka just take Homura away and the end, but Iwagami and Shinbou wanted to be able to let it continue.
Having Madoka and Homura being on opposite sides at the end was Shinbou's idea.
On QB: "I wrote him to seem less all-powerful than in the TV series. He's just an alien in the end, he can't stand up to a god."
A second season WAS considered but they didn't have enough material to drag out for 12 episodes.
Bebe was inspired by all the figures and stuff pairing Mami up with the candy witch.
Urobuchi starting writing this immediately after the TV series. Aside from dialogue the script is mostly barebones as he wanted to leave decisions on visuals to Shaft.
He says that he's sure some people will hate the movie; The current trend is for timeless, unchanging characters. The characters in the movie however do change, and he's sure that there will be people who will complain about them being "out of character" when in fact they're just growing as human beings.
Finally he says that he's written all there is to Homura and Madoka, and that if there are stories that exist beyond this point, that's for other people to write.

I should also mention that the guy said that from the interview, Urobuchi liked Shinbo's idea of Homura and Madoka as enemies.
Old 2013-10-27, 17:15   Link #429
Wanderer
Goat

Man, it's the next morning and it still hurts.
Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:06   Link #430
Mephis
Banned

So how is Japan's reaction to the movie right now? Negative or positive?
Mephis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 18:52   Link #431
maximilianjenus
[E]

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Citation needed. This seems to contradict Gen's pre-production outlines as gleamed from the Production Notes, where he clearly specifies "writing an ending like he's always wanted."
just a heads up that after 30 minutes I was unable to find an interview that says exactly that, do I might have remembered wrong, if anything I find ones that say that shinbo wanted sayaka to survive and gen would not fit.
Old 2013-10-27, 19:21   Link #432
bhl88
Otaku Apprentice

Send a message via MSN to bhl88 Send a message via Yahoo to bhl88
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mephis View Post
So how is Japan's reaction to the movie right now? Negative or positive?
From someone:
The cinema began to clear out silently. It's like a dead pass. Some people were disappointed obviously. But most of us were just silent. Too shocked, visually and emotionally by the film.

”今何も考えないよ。無口になった”

At least from the cinema I went to, first day sold out all seats for the 2am, 4am, 6am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2.30 pm, 5 pm, 7.30pm, 10pm, and barely the midnight one had any seats for the second day. Nfi about today, since I already watched it.
Old 2013-10-27, 19:44   Link #433
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riga92 View Post

I should also mention that the guy said that from the interview, Urobuchi liked Shinbo's idea of Homura and Madoka as enemies.
So is urobuchi OK with the ending or not?

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 19:45   Link #434
ChronoReverse

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
From someone:
The cinema began to clear out silently. It's like a dead pass. Some people were disappointed obviously. But most of us were just silent. Too shocked, visually and emotionally by the film.

”今何も考えないよ。無口になった”

At least from the cinema I went to, first day sold out all seats for the 2am, 4am, 6am, 8am, 10am, 12pm, 2.30 pm, 5 pm, 7.30pm, 10pm, and barely the midnight one had any seats for the second day. Nfi about today, since I already watched it.
Silence isn't necessarily an indication of not liking it though.
ChronoReverse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 19:47   Link #435
Sayaka's sandbag

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
So true. I myself am very silent after watching any film, examples would be with A Letter To Momo and the first two Madoka films, I loved every bit of them yet never said a word afterwards, just walked on out after they finished.
Sayaka's sandbag is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 20:11   Link #436
Riga92
The Spear of Destiny

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
So is urobuchi OK with the ending or not?
From what I keep seeing on 4chan, he is definitely okay with the ending. From several posts I've read, Gen describes that he had a "breakthrough" when Shinbo gave him the idea.
Old 2013-10-27, 20:11   Link #437
Haruhara

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sayaka's sandbag View Post
So true. I myself am very silent after watching any film, examples would be with A Letter To Momo and the first two Madoka films, I loved every bit of them yet never said a word afterwards, just walked on out after they finished.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ChronoReverse View Post
This has been my experience every time I've seen a movie in Japan, I've never seen anyone be openly vocal about a movie after it finished. Most people sit quietly through the end credits and don't leave until the reel ends and the lights come on, unlike my hone country where many people leave during the credits.

I saw the movie on Saturday . The theatre was about half full ( it's a small town) and there were a few crying girls at the end.
Haruhara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 21:13   Link #438
Myssa Rei
Moderate Haruhiist

Send a message via ICQ to Myssa Rei Send a message via Yahoo to Myssa Rei
Post-Movie Q&A by a watcher. Opinions galore, also the guy is going by memory.
Old 2013-10-27, 21:17   Link #439
Sheba
RUN, YOU FOOLS!

Location: Formerly Iwakawa base and Chaldea. Now Teyvat, the Astral Express & the Outpost
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhl88 View Post
From someone:

”今何も考えないよ。無口になった”
You clearly are not familiar with Japan's cinema etiquette. Google "Japan movie theaters etiquette" and you will find out that they are always like that.
Sheba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-10-27, 21:31   Link #440
faizdanyal

Send a message via Yahoo to faizdanyal
As far as how the ending of Rebellion goes,

Spoiler for Potential True Ending?:

If so,I would be sad because I'm going to miss the franchise so much.

Tags
madoka