AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Haruhi Suzumiya

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 2006-07-21, 20:37   Link #81
arcticphoenix16

Hi! I'm SOS-Dan chief Suzumiya Haruhi. These are my subordinates number one, two, and three.
Old 2006-07-22, 02:40   Link #82
Noppapana
> Haruhiist <

Send a message via MSN to Noppapana
Quote:
Originally Posted by arcticphoenix16
Hi! I'm SOS-Dan chief Suzumiya Haruhi. These are my subordinates number one, two, and three.
Haruhi : please get along
Kyon : is that the introduction ...

LOL !!
Old 2006-07-22, 04:59   Link #83
Shredder

"Ponytail looked so good on you it was criminal."
"Looks good on you."

The little, or at least most explicit, romance I had to cling to in this series.
Old 2006-07-22, 10:54   Link #84
Ottocycle

If (the house in Snow Mountain) couldn't be considered as creepy, dictionary definitions all across the country of the word 'creepy' would have to be rewritten. -Kyon (Snow Mountain Syndrome)
Old 2006-07-22, 17:31   Link #85
Mire

Send a message via ICQ to Mire
Just found this nice thread, and i found it extremely irritating that my favourite quote wasnt in here .. so even though i usually only read forums, i had to sign up to post this :/

"Feelings of love are just a temporary lapse in judgement. Like a kind of mental illness." --Suzumiya Haruhi (Edit: Ep. 10)

-M.
Old 2006-07-22, 19:10   Link #86
Shredder

Well I for one hope to see some damn lapses in judgment and mental illness soon! That was an awfully cynical line. Would've been interesting to see how she became that way. The usual--got burned by a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy ? She did have that one brief mention about feelings of normal urges...might've been same ep within that same discussion, can't remember. Too bad she represses it all.
Old 2006-07-22, 19:26   Link #87
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredder
Well I for one hope to see some damn lapses in judgment and mental illness soon! That was an awfully cynical line. Would've been interesting to see how she became that way. The usual--got burned by a love 'em and leave 'em kind of guy ? She did have that one brief mention about feelings of normal urges...might've been same ep within that same discussion, can't remember. Too bad she represses it all.
Go here: http://www.baka-tsuki.net/project/in...uzumiya_Haruhi and read what they have translated for volume 2 and you'll "see" some damn lapses in judgment and mental illness... all done while they're filming the movie you saw in episode 1 of the anime!

As for how Haruhi became that way, she explained it herself in episode 13 of the anime... "Have you ever realized how insignificant your existence is on this planet?... ...I have"
Old 2006-07-22, 19:31   Link #88
Shredder

I was paying close attn during the baseball stadium scene and all, however I did not see the subject of love addressed. She can be cynical about existence...but biological urges are tough to repress so soundly unless something directly related to love had happened and gone awry, I would think. I'll check the link...okay checked: Vol2, does that mean eps that are as of yet unseen? If so I'll eagerly await future eps, should they occur. I'm not much of a reader of manga/graphic novels, I prefer animation

Still, at the end a normal girl would've blushed at the flirtatious compliment, esp considering the events of the night prior. She's human after all...or is she

Btw I checked Barnes for SHnY--nowhere to be found. What's the deal?
Old 2006-07-22, 21:33   Link #89
CrowKenobi
One PUNCH!
*Administrator

Quote:
I was paying close attn during the baseball stadium scene and all, however I did not see the subject of love addressed. She can be cynical about existence...but biological urges are tough to repress so soundly unless something directly related to love had happened and gone awry, I would think. I'll check the link...okay checked: Vol2, does that mean eps that are as of yet unseen? If so I'll eagerly await future eps, should they occur. I'm not much of a reader of manga/graphic novels, I prefer animation

Still, at the end a normal girl would've blushed at the flirtatious compliment, esp considering the events of the night prior. She's human after all...or is she

First: Haruhi is anything but a normal girl! Check ep 2 for Haruhi's dating attemps...
Second: The novel series (and the anime) has not been licensed in the US yet.

Another Haruhi quote from ep 13:
"Nothing fun will happen if you sit around waiting... ...Let the world know that I wasn't a girl content with sitting around and waiting... ...But nothing ever happened."
Old 2006-07-23, 20:49   Link #90
SnakeLegend
Back Again From Haruhiism

Send a message via MSN to SnakeLegend
Koizumi, before you tell me something to calm myself down, you'll have 5 seconds before your head starts to roll. -Kyon, in Novel 5, chapter 1

"Oh my god Mikuru you're so cute! I'm so pleased that my eyes are still not blind to fashion. With the bathrobe you're wearing now, you'll definitely take 95% of the guys' heart in this world!"
What happens to the other 5%?
"Only true gays' heart can't be touched by this cuteness. Always remember that within 100 men, 5 are gays."
Like hell i care. -Kyon, Mikuru in her bathrobe and Haruhi rating it. Novel 5 Chapter 1.
Old 2006-07-23, 21:20   Link #91
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Volume 8, Chapter 1. From Yuki's story:

"This cotton-like miracle keeps on falling and falling. Let's use this as my name."

There's more in that part, but I like this one better.
Old 2006-07-23, 22:05   Link #92
SnakeLegend

Quote:
Originally Posted by cubicjack
Volume 8, Chapter 1. From Yuki's story:

"This cotton-like miracle keeps on falling and falling. Let's use this as my name."

There's more in that part, but I like this one better.
OFFTOPIC:^Hence there is the OP's Yuki in the snow? Now it made sense.
Old 2006-07-23, 22:09   Link #93
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend
OFFTOPIC:^Hence there is the OP's Yuki in the snow? Now it made sense.
Yup. That scene in the OP is the exact same one as the one in Vol. 8.
Old 2006-07-23, 22:22   Link #94
arias

I just realized Vol 8 for Chinese is out! Go go go!

P.S. Any kind fellow reader should share : >
Old 2006-07-24, 00:20   Link #95
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Quote:

Um... okay we may have to sentence you to reading all the threads?

There are 8 volumes of Suzumiya (light novel) in print, all in Japanese. So unless you're in a Tokyo Barnes & Noble or a Kinokinuya bookstore in the US, you won't find it. It can be ordered at www.amazon.co.jp among other places but you have to be able to grope around in Japanese.

The series covers the events in Volume 1, along with some selected bits from other volumes. The series presents the events in a dramatic order rather than a chronological order which encourages a "gestahlt" of the entire spacetime line during that period. It also means there are a bit less than 7 more volumes to draw anime material from (and more since the story is still going strong).

When he makes the ponytail remark after the incident, she's still pretty distracted trying to figure out her "dream" (and why Kyon was in it). To her it was just a really odd dream. He's actually made more progress here, realizing he's "gotten used to having her around" one might say.

There's a translation project in progress that can be followed over in the Novel Translation thread.

Last edited by Vexx; 2006-07-24 at 00:48.
Old 2006-07-24, 00:24   Link #96
SnakeLegend

it is out? Where?

another quote i found;
Between Haruhi and Mikuru... If one of them drowns, i'll save Mikuru first. - Kyon O.o
Old 2006-07-24, 00:52   Link #97
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeLegend

it is out? Where?
Volumes 7 and 8 are both out in simplified Chinese in Mainland China. I don't really know if they're officially licensed, though.
Old 2006-07-24, 01:10   Link #98
SnakeLegend

they're not official out yet...
because i called to check, they said if they're out, they should know the book's code.
sadly they don't
probably out within August.... i think...
nuuu~ i've already done reading 5th one now... 6th one will end sooner or later.

here's another quote before someone scold me for off topicness;
"Hmm lemme think... i kept using "Classified Secret" to contact the future... or doing "Classified Secret"... er... Its been a week, and i never received any "Classified Secret"'s report, thats when i felt weird. Then "Classified Secret"... I panicked, then tried "Classified Secret" but still it is "Classified Secret". *sobs*... Uwa!!! What should I do..."
What should i do? i don't know either.
And is "Classified Secret" supposed to be some sort of silencer?
Old 2006-07-24, 01:23   Link #99
cubicjack
Kino fanboy

The ones Taiwan by Kadokawa are not out, but this one is:
http://shbook.blogbus.com/index.html
Old 2006-07-24, 02:54   Link #100
Vexx
Obey the Darkly Cute ...
*Author

Right, I forget some of the other Asian countries are pretty good about distributing local language versions of manga and novels long before they cross the Pacific.

But in Japan, there are 8 volumes out currently in Japanese (which I've got imported in my sweaty hands here). I've not heard of a release date for volume 9 yet.

I just hope the hell the author has a good full story arc planned out with a suitable finish and this isn't a "drag it on til they shoot me" rolling juggernaut.