AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > To Aru Majutsu no Index

Notices

View Poll Results: To Aru Majutsu no Index II - Episode 19 Rating
Perfect 10 72 67.29%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 19 17.76%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 6 5.61%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 7.48%
6 out of 10 : Average 0 0%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 0 0%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 1 0.93%
1 out of 10 : Painful 1 0.93%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2011-02-20, 18:26   Link #201
I_am_Kami
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by kitten320 View Post
So basicly Accelerator himself pulls in the attacks?
He accidentally becomes a masochist
I_am_Kami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 18:53   Link #202
Dahak86
Classics never age

Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kihara
masochist-kun
....-
Old 2011-02-20, 18:55   Link #203
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by I_am_Kami View Post
Yeah he's pretty much screwed in that kind of situation. His reflection pulls in the attacks and of course if he flipped the switch he'd get owned the old fashioned way.
Old 2011-02-20, 19:06   Link #204
Excorsism

I really liked that contrast between light and dark before Accelerator gets attacked. Poor guy.
Old 2011-02-20, 19:52   Link #205
bizzi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Excorsism View Post
that contrast between light and dark
If you think about it, it's the most important thing in volume 12. Pure awesomeness & character development.
bizzi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-20, 20:26   Link #206
SuzushinaYuriko
SHSL Lurker

That's why this is one of my favorite arcs in the Index series. Heck, if I hadn't read volume 12/13 as it was being translated right after I finished the first season of Index, I probably wouldn't have become such a huge Accelerator fan to this extent.

Whether that's a good thing or a bad thing is up to you.
Old 2011-02-21, 00:00   Link #207
Primary Consult

So I just realized...
All three times we see Accelerator go to a convenience store in this series, he is attacked before he gets home with the goods.

fukou da.
Primary Consult is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 00:03   Link #208
Asuras
Dictadere~!

I think little miss piercings has a fidgeting disorder like me. Was there a reason for flipping the walkie-talkie around like that? Stress alleviation maybe? She needs a rubber ball.

Did Kihara's voice annoy anyone else here besides me?
Old 2011-02-21, 00:26   Link #209
HandofFate

So why can't Index use magic again?
I thought in the first arc, it was shown that the magic side was just lying to keep her under control, and she could use magic (though, in auto-mode), but her body IS capable of using the knowledge in her head in a proactive level.
Old 2011-02-21, 00:37   Link #210
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I thought in the first arc, it was shown that the magic side was just lying to keep her under control, and she did end up using magic (though, in auto-mode), but her body IS capable of using the knowledge in her head in a proactive level.
As you've guessed it, Index can only use magic in that mode.

The Grimoires in her head work like a virus, it uses magic to spread it's contamination through it's host, like how virus use bodily fluids to spread if you can wrap your head around that idea. By sealing her magic, it renders the Grimoires inactive like freezing germs.

To be honest, I don't know for sure what is that Johnne's pen mode, I'm assuming it's some reference to one of the writers of a book that was in the real life Index of Forbidden Books.

P.S - btw all this is not 100% solid concrete, but it's the best we can glue together given what we know about how Grimoires work.

Last edited by Chaos2Frozen; 2011-02-21 at 01:41.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 01:31   Link #211
MrTerrorist
Takao Tsundere Cruiser

Quote:
Originally Posted by HandofFate View Post
I thought in the first arc, it was shown that the magic side was just lying to keep her under control, and she could use magic (though, in auto-mode), but her body IS capable of using the knowledge in her head in a proactive level.
Index doesn't know she can use magic and everyone who knows is purposely keeping this a secret from her coz if she did, she is considered a threat hence why she had her memories periodically erase in the 1st arc.
Old 2011-02-21, 02:19   Link #212
IppoTsuko
Acadamy City's Number One

Quote:
Originally Posted by Asuras View Post
I think little miss piercings has a fidgeting disorder like me. Was there a reason for flipping the walkie-talkie around like that? Stress alleviation maybe? She needs a rubber ball.

Did Kihara's voice annoy anyone else here besides me?
and i was thinking his voice sounds cool
Old 2011-02-21, 04:14   Link #213
Dahak86
Classics never age

Old 2011-02-21, 05:41   Link #214
Xenosnake
Badass

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post

Kihara be trollin' Accelerator.
Xenosnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 06:34   Link #215
giorno

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
Except there's the simple fact that Mikoto is far from the type of character who would just sit on the sidelines while stuff happens around her (let alone stuff involving her sisters), regardless of if she's a side character or not.
this is the point i was making: Mikoto is only involved if stuff happens close to her(either she stumbles upon it, or she is involved by someone close to her, or she finds about stuff is happening related to someone close to her). If she has no idea about it happening, nobody is going to involve her.

Science side =/= Mikoto

Quote:
(which she isn't by the way; she's one of the two main heroines)
still not a main character. The main characters are Touma and Accelerator. Index is THEIR story, not Mikoto's, and not even Index's(although Index is far more important than Mikoto, of course, she's THE main secondary character)...

Quote:
So the author (and thus JC Staff in compliance with the novels) has to give us forced reasons for her not getting involved. And believe me, it only gets worse later in the novels......
heh, no, it doesn't. To begin with, after this arc, Mikoto only gets screentime in one novel(aside from cameos), and i already answered this in the light novel discussion thread
giorno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-21, 06:38   Link #216
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Quote:
Originally Posted by giorno View Post
this is the point i was making: Mikoto is only involved if stuff happens close to her(either she stumbles upon it, or she is involved by someone close to her, or she finds about stuff is happening related to someone close to her). If she has no idea about it happening, nobody is going to involve her.

Science side =/= Mikoto

still not a main character. The main characters are Touma and Accelerator. Index is THEIR story, not Mikoto's, and not even Index's(although Index is far more important than Mikoto, of course, she's THE main secondary character)...

heh, no, it doesn't. To begin with, after this arc, Mikoto only gets screentime in one novel(aside from cameos), and i already answered this in the light novel discussion thread
Wrong thread much? It was posted a while ago that the discussion moved to the novel thread.
Old 2011-02-21, 22:44   Link #217
Himeji
Twintails are wintails!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dahak86 View Post

My, that is so very gay
Are they training for a dancing contest?
Old 2011-02-21, 23:45   Link #218
revive4563

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
I notice that compared to western (read; American) shows, Animes don't really have alot of focus/experience/knowledge/advice on military or police tactics.

They're pretty straight forward; The blacker you look, the more dangerous you supposedly are.
It's just because in most animes except police/army things like Patrabor or GITS, those security forces are nothing but a supporting roles.

IOW most of American movies and dramas are focusing on them almost always. They are different culture after all.

BTW I don't think Index is tsundere. tsundere is the character like Mikoto.

Last edited by revive4563; 2011-02-22 at 00:08. Reason: oh and
revive4563 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 00:15   Link #219
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
It's just because in most animes except police/army things like Patrabor or GITS, those security forces are nothing but a supporting roles.

IOW most of American movies and dramas are focusing on them almost always. They are different culture after all.
Nah it's not that, whether they are the focus or not, any tactical unit on their show would be presented in a very capable and professional manner. Differences in culture? I agree, My impression is that American entertainment have a huge wealth of experience and knowledge when it comes to these things. because well... They have been kicking ass for a pretty long time...

Anime... Well, they look the part, and they do move the part, but when shit hits the fan...

Quote:
Originally Posted by revive4563 View Post
BTW I don't think Index is tsundere. tsundere is the character like Mikoto.
Why not? Index has both Tsun and Dere moments right?
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-02-22, 00:19   Link #220
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
Well the thing with law enforcement groups in anime, is that a lot of animes are sci-fi and thus have people with superpowers running around blowing stuff up; not quite something the police can handle, even with machineguns and rocket launchers. How often do police do anything more than support in Superman comics/cartoons?