AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Hayate no Gotoku

Notices

Old 2009-09-05, 01:08   Link #2441
Koroshiya_Kame_13

primuler care to add the link for Hata's blog? I want to read what he writes but I don't know the link.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 01:12   Link #2442
Used Can

This is his blog:
http://websunday.net/backstage/hata/
Old 2009-09-05, 01:17   Link #2443
Koroshiya_Kame_13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Used Can View Post
Thanks. If I have free time like yesterday I'll try to find and translate spoilers.
Koroshiya_Kame_13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 02:46   Link #2444
Mentar
Banned

Primuler: You wrote something very interesting before:

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
And something else interesting I found in this week's diary. Hata said please look forward to how the relationship between Hina and Hayate will change by the end of this journey. He said the last week's chapter was the bit he was worried about the most in the beginning of the journey. He thought about drawing Hayate's confession scene in a not very serious way, but he just decided to do it seriously.
Do you remember which blog entry that was? I'd like to have another look at it.

By the way: I think it was a good decision of Hata to go serious for once. If it had been in the usual light-humorous tone, I think I'd be REALLY pissed by now.
Mentar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 03:52   Link #2445
Slayer007

Yeah, I totally agree. I expected interruptions to occur ever since the mood became heavy. But looks nothing's gonna interrupt it now according to Hata's blog. (web page translations from 3rd party web sites are pretty crap but it's better than nothing)

Is it me, or this somewhat looks like a Hayate x Athena ending has the upper hand after the events that occured 240. o_o Unless, Athena turns him down or Hata contradicts himself and throws in an interruption which would definitely make me rage.

Last edited by Slayer007; 2009-09-05 at 03:55. Reason: Sorry, had to rephase some sentences
Slayer007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 04:08   Link #2446
Used Can

Hmm... Personally, I don't think the deal with Athena will go smoothly. So, I wouldn't expect the whole issue to be solved with just some chatting. So far, the story has been built up so that Athena goes for the stone. Therefore, unless this development ends up the same as with Hina's confession, then I guess we can expect things to get complicated.
Old 2009-09-05, 04:58   Link #2447
tsunade666

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
Bzzzzzzzttt!!! Wrong!

Hina needs to become a lesbian. That's the only true answer. Let Hayate do what he wants if he even ends up pairing with someone. I want lesbians. A much better choice than going with Hayate. Who agrees? Come on don't struggle! You know you want it. ^_^
Agreed!

Hina x Hamster all the way. or we can do mistress and wife thingy.....at miki in it. though they are all WIVES! HAHAHA

Hayate should just get drown.

But before he does he must beat the tanned butler first though I didn't really hate machina but his really an irritating one. Though I don't know why

Well I've been gone for a while and thats all for now. The next chapter sure is surprising I was hoping a broken hina but still she stands firm. Way to go Hinatan. I hope A-tan will show up in the chapter of the battle between tanned butler and baka butler.
tsunade666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 05:27   Link #2448
IndoViking

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsunade666 View Post
Agreed!

Hina x Hamster all the way. or we can do mistress and wife thingy.....at miki in it. though they are all WIVES! HAHAHA

Hayate should just get drown.

But before he does he must beat the tanned butler first though I didn't really hate machina but his really an irritating one. Though I don't know why

Well I've been gone for a while and thats all for now. The next chapter sure is surprising I was hoping a broken hina but still she stands firm. Way to go Hinatan. I hope A-tan will show up in the chapter of the battle between tanned butler and baka butler.
I predict her stand to last for a chapter or two though (if the fight with machina is shown first, then two)
Old 2009-09-05, 07:42   Link #2449
primuler
Love For 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mentar View Post
Primuler: You wrote something very interesting before:

Do you remember which blog entry that was? I'd like to have another look at it.

By the way: I think it was a good decision of Hata to go serious for once. If it had been in the usual light-humorous tone, I think I'd be REALLY pissed by now.
Er... the most recent entry. Reading it again, it's not 'please take notice of how the relationship between Hina and Hayate will change'. It's 'Say, by the end of this journey, how will the relationship between Hina and Hayate have changed? Take notice of several stuffs'
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-05, 09:59   Link #2450
leoblack9
Your fagottry, I hate it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler
Er... the most recent entry. Reading it again, it's not 'please take notice of how the relationship between Hina and Hayate will change'. It's 'Say, by the end of this journey, how will the relationship between Hina and Hayate have changed? Take notice of several stuffs'
Well how I see it is its just a "stay tuned" type of statement. I don't really see it as somehow a tip or hint about their actual relationship.

Or did I just not get it? If I didn't, it's alright I'm half asleep while typing what you see.

Anyhow, I'm wondering how Athena managed to guess right that Hayate's heading to her mansion. Does she has some contancts within the gang or does she sitll have that fancy magic mirror/water pond something like that inside of her new mansion.

Oh, let me see, is the gang complete as the moment, no Wataru's still not there, the arc end is still quite distant. To think of the gem's importance makes me think about them gembearers. I wonder where will be the climatic place and if there will be something explosive.

After writing all this nonsensical babble I may now go to sleep..
Old 2009-09-05, 13:04   Link #2451
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slayer007 View Post
Is it me, or this somewhat looks like a Hayate x Athena ending has the upper hand after the events that occured 240. o_o Unless, Athena turns him down or Hata contradicts himself and throws in an interruption which would definitely make me rage.
I don't think we're even CLOSE to an ending. It's virtually impossible to conclude the show without resolving a dozen important things, most notably his relationship with Nagi of course. But also the whole backstory with the pendants, the Royal Garden et cetera.

No, the real significance of this arc is that the issue of romantic love is put on the table. Essentially, the topic is finally up for real discussion, and it will be very interesting how Nagi, Maria, Ayumu and Hina will deal with it. Somehow I see a confrontation between the Nagi and Athena camp looming (therefore I suspect Athena to become an antagonist). We'll see some major tectonic shifts now.
Old 2009-09-05, 18:30   Link #2452
Rah
Are you a lolicon? :3

Quote:
I don't think we're even CLOSE to an ending. It's virtually impossible to conclude the show without resolving a dozen important things, most notably his relationship with Nagi of course. But also the whole backstory with the pendants, the Royal Garden et cetera.

On the contrary, Hata could and it with a 30 page chapter resolving everything.

Athena comes out and stops Machina. From there they either pair up, or he ends up with a different girl as it moves towards the end.
The secrets about the RG, Maria's past, the gemstones, etc.. could all be resolved with a simple explanation. I could make up a conclusion, but that's too bothersome.

Obviously it won't end in such a way. This example is valid only if the manga was forced to end. I'm sure every mangaka has some sort of made up premature ending for such a scenario. Sure hope HnG stays until it's properly finished. Hopefully in another 1000 chapters... kay 200 is fine too. There are like 45-50 chapters a year, so 200 chaps means 4 long years. This manga was originally, well still is.. I think.. a comedy / parody. Honestly this seriousness doesn't suit it that much. It is important for the development of everything, but I have a bad feeling if it were to continue like this..

A good example would be resolving the Hina issue. I hope not, but right now Hata can block off a Hina x Hayate ending (I don't mind that, because I'd like to see her go with a girl, but that won't happen, so it's something crucial atm..), and start wrapping up things. Like for example, Hina gives up on him, or after confessing she's rejected. After taking her out of the picture he goes on a heartbreaking spree. Ayumu would be the next target, followed by, well he doesn't even realize who else loves him, so... hmm..

Well, I guess he'd continue by battling Athena for the stones, eventually going to the RG, and then...?

If he wishes Nagi's mom back, he can leave her for Athena (if such a thing is possible).

Perhaps Athena will be possessed by that ghost skeleton thing from the RG, or will somehow become the true main antagonist battling Hayate (doubt it since she doesn't look evil. To me she looks melancholic, depressed, betrayed, lonely, just wishing for someone to love her..). Anyway, after he saves her / beats her, she sacrifices herself to save him (from severe battle injuries, a backstabbing by someone (like his parents), or.. dunno). Well, he'd probably be depressed for a long, long time, but he'd soon move on and pair with someone else. With this scenario the part where he dumps Hina / Ayumu / anyone else, can safely be ignored.

Ah, well, who knows? Right now it's Tanman vs Seedy Face. Plus the whole Hina issue.. will she break down, will she try to confess regardless of what Hayate told her? If not, she'll become Ayumu #2.

Hata. Nobody. Wants. That. <--- For Hata.

Hmmm, well, there's not much to go on this week. Like, who's gonna discuss about what combat moves are they gonna use against each other? Heh.. HAYATE KICKUU!! // MACCCHHHIIINNNAAAA GIIIIGGGGAAAAA DRRRRIIIILLLLLL BREAAAAKKKKERRRRR!! lol ttgl..
Old 2009-09-05, 20:47   Link #2453
Used Can

Hayate will pull a move called Deus ex Machina.
Guess who's Deus?
Old 2009-09-06, 00:02   Link #2454
Game8910
Shanacon/Ariafag

is it denwa?
Spring 2011 Impressions (part2)
Game8910 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 00:45   Link #2455
Used Can

Machina-kun...
Old 2009-09-06, 04:35   Link #2456
pseudonhym
わかんないよ

It's true that Hata could end the series if he was forced to do so (which I hope won't happen). However, it would be nice to see a natural ending, something that does not involve blocking off characters until there would be an official couple. A harem manga that blocks off the harem without going out with an official winner is just sad.
pseudonhym is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 04:49   Link #2457
Mentar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rah View Post
On the contrary, Hata could and it with a 30 page chapter resolving everything.
Well no shit, Sherlock. He could end it with a single page "Sorry, this manga was cancelled". Obviously we're discussing a natural conclusion to the story here (since Hayate is way popular enough), and there we're not even close to an end run. It's rather that the question "who does Hayate love" is put on the table, and this should trigger some major developments, which then take some time.

Last edited by Mentar; 2009-09-06 at 05:22.
Old 2009-09-06, 06:41   Link #2458
Rah

Quote:
Well no shit, Sherlock. He could end it with a single page "Sorry, this manga was cancelled". Obviously we're discussing a natural conclusion to the story here (since Hayate is way popular enough), and there we're not even close to an end run. It's rather that the question "who does Hayate love" is put on the table, and this should trigger some major developments, which then take some time.
I meant in a conclusive sense. Everything CAN be explained in 30 pages or more. Exclude misunderstandings, pointless things like minor details, puns, ... dunno.

Something like this..

Maria's past is revealed to be 'add answer here'. After learning about it she 'add answer here'. She is now... 'add answer here'.

Do something similar for all the pages. What they learned, what they did, and what they are doing now.

A better example:

After Hayate beat the lord of misfortune with his ultimate move, he was badly wounded and almost died / or he died, and was saved with the combined efforts of everyone,or something cheesy like that. Now he's forever on x' side. And so the tale of 'bla bla bla' ends. etc...

Well, whatever. Did anyone else see all the delicious otaku RAGE?. People started tearing up their HnG mangas. It's Kannagi all over again.

<3:
Spoiler for RAGEEEEEEEE!!! I OTAKU! ME STRONGGG!! ME TEAR PHONEBOOK WITH BARE HANDS!! URRRRRRR!!:

Dunno if it's from the same guy or not. Serious business though! Hata is gonna pay, and HnG will never finish. LOL
Old 2009-09-06, 06:48   Link #2459
primuler
Love For 3D

This was posted in 2ch VIP forum. Someone in Japan finally did it for all the non-Athena fans.

Spoiler for A Maria supporter got really angry at Hata for 'erasing' all the flags:
primuler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-09-06, 06:56   Link #2460
Rah

Quote:
Originally Posted by primuler View Post
This was posted in 2ch VIP forum. Someone in Japan finally did it for all the non-Athena fans.

Otakus: He's such a hero! Now I don't have to burn my entire collection for no reason. *hugs Hina pillow*

.................................................. ....... that... somehow pisses me off

Tags
comedy, shounen