AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2010-09-17, 22:21   Link #1881
lightbringer
M9000

I'm not really seeing it here, although I guess it's possible. But I once watched an anime where the main couple did not so much as kiss on screen, yet the girl got pregnant anyway
lightbringer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 13:45   Link #1882
shichi-chan
Mippa~

@Kismet-chan lol I never forgot that he grew up on a island his whole life

But I can't stop laughin' how someone said is Nanami could have possible teach him about sex lol INCEST! incest? more like Wincest!

Note: Wiki says Pengin is a chick WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF

Last edited by shichi-chan; 2010-09-18 at 15:05.
shichi-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-18, 17:38   Link #1883
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
@Kismet-chan lol I never forgot that he grew up on a island his whole life

But I can't stop laughin' how someone said is Nanami could have possible teach him about sex lol INCEST! incest? more like Wincest!

Note: Wiki says Pengin is a chick WTFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
Lol, I didn't mean incest! I meant like... Y'know, just telling him about "what goes where" and "what part is what". Like Sex Ed in high school or something. XDDD

And omg, Penguin is a girl?! Really? Wtf, how? Epic typo?!
Old 2010-09-18, 18:05   Link #1884
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kismet-chan View Post
Lol, I didn't mean incest! I meant like... Y'know, just telling him about "what goes where" and "what part is what". Like Sex Ed in high school or something. XDDD

And omg, Penguin is a girl?! Really? Wtf, how? Epic typo?!
Oh, wellllllll... ..The factor remains: WINCEST

I don't know I just looked on Wikipedia and it says he is a she :O I sure hope it is a typo!
Old 2010-09-18, 21:30   Link #1885
LKK

Growing up on an island with only a father and a sister (and a mother, maybe??) doesn't mean you won't learn about of sex. The island's animals will become excellent real life teachers every mating season.

Avatar: Hazuki of Natsuyuki Rendezvous / Signature: flowers from Natsuyuki Rendezvous
LKK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 01:54   Link #1886
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I never really said he wouldn't learn anything of sex. I just said that I doubted it. It's very likely that Nanami taught him (in a Sex Ed way, NOT an incestuous way XD), since she taught him a lot of other things. If not her, then perhaps their father. The main thing I was getting at was that unless the narrator says something like,"They were having sex", or if one of the characters themselves says something such as, "When we made love that night", then I never ever would assume they were having sex. If it is not pointed out in direct dialogue or narration, then as far as I know, it did not happen/is not happening. I assumed that was how most people processed basic story-telling. Guess I was wrong. XD
Old 2010-09-19, 11:18   Link #1887
sneaker

Well, you were wrong. It would just seem natural to me. Animals also have sex without ever having sex ed, it's not like our species would have died without sex ed. And at least Togame would probably know about it. But yeah, it seems that I was mislead by that intimacy. I realized that they didn't actually showed us sex, but then which anime actually does? I don't know if you have watched Clannad for example.
sneaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 13:13   Link #1888
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sneaker View Post
Well, you were wrong. It would just seem natural to me. Animals also have sex without ever having sex ed, it's not like our species would have died without sex ed. And at least Togame would probably know about it. But yeah, it seems that I was mislead by that intimacy. I realized that they didn't actually showed us sex, but then which anime actually does? I don't know if you have watched Clannad for example.
Lol, now you're making it sound like I'm retarded or something. We know what animals do out of nature, and no one ever said humans would've died without sex ed or anything relatively like that. And Clannad is an almost entirely different case because it was based off of a hentai game, so we KNOW sex is going on in there (well, that is, if you already KNEW it was based on an H-game; some people don't/did not). Therefore, it's not the best example here. Whether Shichika has extensive knowledge of reproduction or not wasn't the main focus of my statements anyway.

So all of that is besides the point. Katanagatari is not based off of some unclassy, mediocre H-game. Togame and Shichika are definitely not having sex and are NOT going to have sex anytime soon.

We have determined this now, so that should be the end of that.

Last edited by CrowKenobi; 2010-09-19 at 17:26. Reason: Removed spoiler. Next time be more careful of anime-only viewers.
Kismet-chan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 15:42   Link #1889
Exether

Quote:
Lol, now you're making it sound like I'm retarded or something. We know what animals do out of nature, and no one ever said humans would've died without sex ed or anything relatively like that. And Clannad is an almost entirely different case because it was based off of a hentai game, so we KNOW sex is going on in there (well, that is, if you already KNEW it was based on an H-game; some people don't/did not). Therefore, it's not the best example here. Whether Shichika has extensive knowledge of reproduction or not wasn't the main focus of my statements anyway.
Just a small correction, Kismet-chan, Clannad is NOT a H-GAME, but actually a visual novel without sexual content, and the story, although a little naive is not mediocre.

The fact that Key produces H-games does not mean that all their products are H-Games.

Now that people mention clannad, I couldn't help but be reminded of a certain scene :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xh_3lj48RwI

So yeah... We need someone to tell us crystal clear, precisely that!!

Otherwise we'll never know... Even if they're married
Old 2010-09-19, 15:46   Link #1890
Milfeulle9001

People discussing Shichika's Goku-like sexual knowledge?

lol
Milfeulle9001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 17:26   Link #1891
Thoguht

Quote:
I assumed that was how most people processed basic story-telling.
When Philip Pullman was asked once if Will and Lyra had had sex towards the end of The Amber Spyglass, he simply replied that he didn't know because he "felt they wanted to be alone" at that point. So in general, absence of evidence should not be considered evidence of absence - all we can do is look for signs and make our own conclusions. In the case of Shichika and Togame, though, I personally doubt it so far.
Thoguht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-19, 20:19   Link #1892
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Lol people! people! Does it really matter if they fucked or not? If they did, well then all I could say is: "I wish I saw it." If not, well hopefully they will. lol hopefully.
Old 2010-09-19, 20:42   Link #1893
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Exether View Post
Just a small correction, Kismet-chan, Clannad is NOT a H-GAME, but actually a visual novel without sexual content...
I stand corrected.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shichi-chan View Post
Lol people! people! Does it really matter if they fucked or not? If they did, well then all I could say is: "I wish I saw it." If not, well hopefully they will. lol hopefully.
I know, right? It's like, who cares?

Besides, if they DID have sex, Togame would probably die anyway since she boasts about how fragile she is all the time. Shichika would snap her poor, tiny little body in two with his superhuman strength. (And just in-case someone missed it, that was a joke, people.)
Old 2010-09-19, 20:48   Link #1894
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Besides, if they DID have sex, Togame would probably die anyway since she boasts about how fragile she is all the time. Shichika would snap her poor, tiny little body in two with his superhuman strength. (And just in-case someone missed it, that was a joke, people.)
That sounds hot. ( ¯‿¯)
Old 2010-09-19, 23:10   Link #1895
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Quote:
I stand corrected.

I know, right? It's like, who cares?

lol I would mind seeing that though
Old 2010-09-19, 23:24   Link #1896
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

I'd actually kinda wanna see that, too. XD
Old 2010-09-20, 04:30   Link #1897
Daniel Lind
ロック・オン!

This thread is about Pullman and Maeda now?
Suddenly feels a lot less like my cup of tea. But I shall allow my humble self to refrain from trolling for reactions.

Quote:
Clannad is NOT a H-GAME, but actually a visual novel without sexual content, and the story, although a little naive is not mediocre.
Isn't there a spinoff release? Like, a bonus novel which does have sexual content?

Quote:
So in general, absence of evidence should not be considered evidence of absence
Or even better, it does not matter in the context of the story.
Daniel Lind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2010-09-20, 10:02   Link #1898
Milfeulle9001

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daniel Lind View Post
Isn't there a spinoff release? Like, a bonus novel which does have sexual content
Yeah but it has nothing to do with the original game, just a "what-if" from Clannad.
Old 2010-09-21, 04:10   Link #1899
Kismet-chan
The Chaotic Dreamer

But back to Shichika pwning Togame's little body with his massive manliness... XDDD
Old 2010-09-21, 08:29   Link #1900
shichi-chan
Mippa~

Oh yehhhh

Tags
action, adventure, comedy, edo setting, light novel adaptation, nishio, romance, tragedy