AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels > To Aru... Index [LN/M]

Notices

Old 2014-10-09, 08:39   Link #2481
Inept Forum User

Just wondering, how likely would it be that īsaz was part of the Brunhild's anti-healing runes?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doom_Paperclip View Post
Which Volume was that conversation between Aleister and Heaven Canceler from? I remember it taking place, but I didn't recall Aleister explicitly mentioning he was aiming beyond Level 6. If possible, I would like to see for myself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ElpIDa View Post
I think it was in volume 12 or 13, not sure exactly which one of them.
Volume 13 Epilogue.

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-10-09 at 08:39. Reason: Minor edit, will add Saint-related question later.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-09, 08:43   Link #2482
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Inept Forum User View Post

Volume 13 Epilogue.
Thanks for the clarification
Old 2014-10-10, 08:12   Link #2483
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

Quote:
Thanks for the clarification
Seconded. I found the section in the pdfs. That is indeed a valuable passage.

Spoiler for @LevelSeven:
Doom_Paperclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 12:53   Link #2484
LevelSeven

Spoiler for doom:
LevelSeven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 15:15   Link #2485
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

So I've been thinking about something:
Gunha's power is described by Gensei as a power that "devides everything by zero" right? So, if we take the mathematical literal meaning:
Let's consider Everything/Anything = x
And in maths x/0=infinity
Then doesn't that mean that Gunha's power turns everything to infinity? That can imply he can make out of anything an infinity of possibilities. That would explain why the same punch of his has so many different and illogical attack/defence forms.
Old 2014-10-10, 15:33   Link #2486
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to SimoHalo Send a message via AIM to SimoHalo Send a message via Yahoo to SimoHalo
Ok I have a question: do we know the speed of Mugino's Meltdowner?
SimoHalo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 16:17   Link #2487
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

Spoiler for @LevelSeven:

Last edited by Doom_Paperclip; 2014-10-10 at 18:22.
Doom_Paperclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 16:48   Link #2488
allfictions
Of Infinite Resignation

I wonder why Gremlin didn't use their armies of Einherjar and Artificial Valkyries against the Alliance.
This is nine! Nine! This is nine! Nine! This is ten! Ten! We have killed your friends! Every friend is now dead! This is six! Six! ... Eighteen! This is now eighteen! Take cover when the siren sounds! This is four! Four! ... Five! This is five! Ignore the siren! Even if you leave this room, you can never leave this room! Eight! This is eight! ... Six, this is six. This is goddamn fucking six!
allfictions is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 17:29   Link #2489
Inept Forum User

Quote:
Originally Posted by allfictions View Post
I wonder why Gremlin didn't use their armies of Einherjar and Artificial Valkyries against the Alliance.
I wonder why as well...

Maybe they were being kept in reserve, or were active on a battlefield we didn't see (assuming there were battlefields other than the ones we had a glimpse of)?

By the way, regarding the latter (I can't remember whether it was an army or a squadron for those - if the latter, there may be another possibility why we didn't see them) and the process to create them, do you reckon it is the case that the method is restricted to a specific implementer?

Last edited by Inept Forum User; 2014-10-10 at 17:44.
Inept Forum User is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-10, 20:23   Link #2490
Apoptosis
Am I useful yet, guys?

Probably because no army can compare to their ultimate weapon, Othinus.
Apoptosis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-10-11, 02:53   Link #2491
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

Send a message via ICQ to SimoHalo Send a message via AIM to SimoHalo Send a message via Yahoo to SimoHalo
Maybe the Valkyrie were still regenerating? Brunhild gave them quite a beatdown.
Old 2014-10-11, 04:00   Link #2492
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

It's almost certain that all the Einherjar and Artificial Valkyries were deployed off-screen. In Volume NT10, when Thor singlehandedly owned all the members of Gremlin that had gathered together to take revenge on Othinus, the pile of bodies was noted to have about fifty or even a hundred people in it. From this we can deduce that we didn't even get to see a quarter of Gremlin's members in the Novels.

Since NT8 was supposed to be the final stage of their plan, it is doubtful that all those members were just twiddling their thumbs. Perhaps rear guard members might have been kept in reserve, but the front liners would have been working hard. The same would go for the Einherjar and Artificial Valkyries. It's sad, but there simply wasn't enough room in NT8 for all the action actually going on.
Old 2014-10-11, 05:13   Link #2493
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

More questions on Accelerator's Reflection.

Accelerator doesn't directly influence energy with his Reflection, right? He simply changes the direction of his attack. Does that mean that he could redirect something like an IMP
Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
coming at him?
Old 2014-10-11, 08:58   Link #2494
LevelSeven

Spoiler for doom:

@elpida
Quote:
So I've been thinking about something:
Gunha's power is described by Gensei as a power that "devides everything by zero" right? So, if we take the mathematical literal meaning:
Let's consider Everything/Anything = x
And in maths x/0=infinity
Then doesn't that mean that Gunha's power turns everything to infinity? That can imply he can make out of anything an infinity of possibilities. That would explain why the same punch of his has so many different and illogical attack/defence forms.
actually, it isnt defined what x/0 is, take a calculator and make 5/0 or 99/0 and the answer is always "Error"...
mostlikely i think gensei said that because he expected something unknown, "non-defined"-supernatural-phenomen

btw, the "infinite-power" sounds a bit to magical for me

@simonhalo
Quote:
More questions on Accelerator's Reflection.
i dont really understand why he wouldnt be able to reflect it, it is a punch, much faster and stronger but still a simple punch

Quote:
Accelerator doesn't directly influence energy with his Reflection, right? He simply changes the direction of his attack.
dont forget that he can also increase or decrease the force of each attack
Old 2014-10-11, 09:48   Link #2495
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven View Post

i dont really understand why he wouldnt be able to reflect it, it is a punch, much faster and stronger but still a simple punch

Well, I don't really know, and since I suck at physics I'm asking someone else who might know better.

Quote:

dont forget that he can also increase or decrease the force of each attack
But that isn't Redirection, isn't that vector control?
Old 2014-10-11, 10:45   Link #2496
LevelSeven

Quote:
Originally Posted by SimoHalo View Post
Well, I don't really know, and since I suck at physics I'm asking someone else who might know better.
im also not the best one in that subject but i dont see how flash's punch could hit him
but, a "liked" explanation is "because he is faster than light"

Quote:
But that isn't Redirection, isn't that vector control?
yeah, reflection in its core only changes the direction into the exact opposite...
he can consciously strenghten the reflected attack like he did with muginos and kazakiris beams...
Old 2014-10-11, 11:29   Link #2497
SimoHalo
Inactive Member

Quote:
im also not the best one in that subject but i dont see how flash's punch could hit him
but, a "liked" explanation is "because he is faster than light"

To pull off an IMP Flash has to travel under the speed of light though. And since Accel has shown instantenous movement with his wings...
Old 2014-10-11, 11:35   Link #2498
Hiromin
A.K.A ElpIDa

Quote:
Originally Posted by LevelSeven
actually, it isnt defined what x/0 is, take a calculator and make 5/0 or 99/0 and the answer is always "Error"...
mostlikely i think gensei said that because he expected something unknown, "non-defined"-supernatural-phenomen

btw, the "infinite-power" sounds a bit to magical for me
Yeah, sorry, my mistake I didn't express it correctly xD
I actually meant:
x/0--->(tends towards) infinity.
Indeed x/0=Impossible, but its limit mathematically equals infinity
lim x/0 = infinity
I really think this has something to do with Gunha's power. I don't think he simply meant something unknown. Why would he choose that way to say it precisely? Why "devides by zero"?
Old 2014-10-11, 17:57   Link #2499
LevelSeven

Quote:
Yeah, sorry, my mistake I didn't express it correctly xD
i know what you mean

Quote:
I actually meant:
x/0--->(tends towards) infinity.
Indeed x/0=Impossible, but its limit mathematically equals infinity
lim x/0 = infinity
in terms of pure logical reasonings i would agree since 0 can fit infinite times into a random number x, if it is 0/0, the outcome should be 1 since 0 fits only once into 0

but it isnt defined because of exactly this part, to complicated, and maths reqiures proofs, and i think it is not possible to proove x/0= infinite...

but since im not a professional methematician im not sure

Quote:
I really think this has something to do with Gunha's power. I don't think he simply meant something unknown. Why would he choose that way to say it precisely? Why "devides by zero"?
maybe because he is a scientist
they are always talking so comlicated that most people dont understand a single word
Old 2014-10-11, 19:18   Link #2500
Doom_Paperclip
lethal office stationery

Limit of x that tends towards infinity is not equivalent to infinity. Infinity is not a number, otherwise you could do:

∞ + 1= ∞, therefore 1 = 0. Since any number n * 1 = n and any number n * 0 = 0, then any number is equal to 0, the concept of quantity is a lie and nothing exists.

Spoiler for @LevelSeven:

Tags
hard science