AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Naruto/Boruto

Notices

Old 2009-06-18, 08:50   Link #1
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

[Anime-only] Shippuden Episode 114 Discussion

Welcome to this week's episode discussion thread posted a few days before it airs in Japan (which is on Thursday).
  • Naruto Forum RULES...
    • DO NOT ASK where to download RAWs or Fansubs... and DO NOT MENTION fansub group names...
      For further information please visit the Naruto Licensed! Ask for it = Ban thread
  • Thread Guidelines...
    • Absolutely no manga spoilers in any anime-only threads such as the weekly Episode Discussion threads. That means, no hints, or vague remarks about a future event from the manga, even within the spoiler tags. Inability to observe this rule will result in a BAN!

• Discuss your expectations of this episode if it hasn't aired yet.
    • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
    • Try to keep the discussion on topic.

Everyone is encouraged to use the report post button if these rules are broken. The button is located in the left hand corner, at the bottom of every user name. It will notify a moderator who will deal with such post according to the rules.

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-06-18 at 12:46.
Hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 09:47   Link #2
neshru

Spoiler for oh... hi there:

pretty good episode regardless
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 10:29   Link #3
Sinn
Pwnage

Great episode, for the first time i enjoyed the USEFUL fillers they put there, and more of orochimaru's past. (and Itachi/anko's)

Funny how they just showed the akatsuki face all of a sudden as if we seen his face before (well except for manga readers), lmao, weird.

But overall, 8/10. I like this epi. Can't wait for the next. xD

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-06-18 at 12:47.
Sinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 12:09   Link #4
kitten320

The best part of the episode was Itachi

But lol, I didn't know that Orochimaru had soft side in the past 0_0 When he watched Tsunade crying it almost looked like he also was crying...

And it is weird that they have showed [...] to us...

Anyway episode was pretty good

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-06-18 at 12:47.
kitten320 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 12:49   Link #5
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Do not name the new Akatsuki member shown. Do not make any remarks about future events or characters from the manga, no matter how trivial you think they are. Even within the spoiler tags.
Old 2009-06-18, 15:05   Link #6
sayde

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinn View Post
Funny how they just showed the akatsuki face all of a sudden as if we seen his face before (well except for manga readers), lmao, weird.
If you're referring to character in the pic above, then we have seen his face before in the anime. Though it was brief, it's most definitely not the first time we've seen what he looks like. (Or was there yet another Akatsuki member shown in this episode that we've never seen before?)
sayde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 16:00   Link #7
lotus_lee

That guy's not part of Akatsuki! He's just some random noob who happened to be hosting a tea party, and Itachi accepted his invite.

Anyways, great episode. I loved the early bit about Orochimaru before he went all weird.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 17:26   Link #8
Bombo
TSF Fans

I really like flashback tbh..Well done and finally animation moving .,
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 17:29   Link #9
Lumir

So is it safe to assume that Sasuke in some way absorbed Ichimaru and now has access to all his knowlage/power?
Old 2009-06-18, 17:50   Link #10
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
I finally get to know what the hand with the ring means. I always thought it was made of wax, but Itachi cut it off, which means Orochimaru has lost an arm before, not only when he fought the 3rd and it means he carries a real arm with him. Very strange. How could he make the first body switch when he had already lost an arm before? I thought he needed the arm for the jutsu. At least he used both arms to cast the jutsu when he tried to overtake Itachis body. Why is the ring still on that hand? Couldn't Orochimaru take it off himself?

I liked the flashbacks indeed. I knew that Orochimaru was born a kind person, but I didn't know that he was actually driven into that research by his feelings towards Tsunade. He saw her little brother die and he was there when Tsunade tragically lost her boyfriend. The first time I saw glimpses of that, I actually thought it was Orochimaru who killed them because he was so ruthless and his comments were mean, but apparently he did his research to help people, then changed his mind and was decieved by his own envy, greed and enthusiasm.

He was impressed by Itachi who he seemingly couldn't match. Maybe Itachi killing all the Uchiha didn't leave Orochimaru much choice but trying to get Itachi's body. Apparently he didn't know there was another survivor (Sasuke) by then.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:03   Link #11
Hunter
Bubbly and super fun

Orochimaru didn't need his hands when he attempted to take over Sasuke AuroFlash.
Oro didn't bother taking the ring out probably because he left Akatsuki immediately after Itachi swiftly defeated him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumir View Post
So is it safe to assume that Sasuke in some way absorbed Ichimaru and now has access to all his knowlage/power?
Well basically Sasuke turned Oro's own jutsu against himself and took over Oro's soul. No way to tell yet the extent of what he gained there.
Old 2009-06-18, 18:06   Link #12
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Orochimaru didn't need his hands when he attempted to take over Sasuke AuroFlash.
Oro didn't bother taking the ring out probably because he left Akatsuki immediately after Itachi swiftly defeated him.
Well, I think it must have a meaning. Why would you carry around your arm with the hand with the ring? We've seen it several times and Oro has often moved from one hideout to another. Yet this hand with the ring has always had its place next to him.
Old 2009-06-18, 19:10   Link #13
Ero-Senn1n

I can't believe that the anime team was able to create some meaningful and cool filler parts to make the real manga story more detailed and complete. Kishi has always left some gaps to fill by the anime but most of the time the anime writers failed to make a decent story (the worst filler that i have ever seen was team-Gai fighting their own clones). I think this episode is 10/10, definitely one of the best episodes of the entire series. I don't remember any other anime where the quality difference between the episodes was so large, just a few chapters ago the painful (i give them 0/10 score) fillers and now a perfect episode.
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 20:40   Link #14
ClovisLaBritannia
1 of the Four Holy Swords

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
Spoiler for oh... hi there:

pretty good episode regardless
well that came out of nowhere kinda glad they didnt give him that weird corpse-y look way back when AL was in the **** Village during the Hidan and kakuzu arc but maybe we'll see his partner animated early too
also was that Sui's voice in the preview for ep.115? cause god it sounded awful
ClovisLaBritannia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-18, 21:33   Link #15
Catdog

the flashbacks where cool, just hope they don't have too many of them to the point we forget about the actual story.

starting to wonder the purpose of spoiler tags lately if we can't even use them
Catdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 04:22   Link #16
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

The music they used during Sasuke's take over reminded me of:

CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 07:32   Link #17
zaxthezax

Great episode, time to enjoy the anime again. It's still kinda mystery to me, what actually happened... i will watch it some more times ^^
I think the part with Orochimaru becoming this giant snake was kinda weird and it happened pretty unforeseen, i was like Inuyasha any? But it went out pretty entertaining, I'm looking forward to this arc.

At the "why Orochimaru keeps the arm part":
I remember Zetsu collecting the ring of Sasori. Maybe the rings have more meaning than just trendy Akatsuki accessoir.
zaxthezax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 07:50   Link #18
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter View Post
Do not name the new Akatsuki member shown.
FYI, the Akatsuki leader was called with his name in the ending credits
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 08:35   Link #19
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Awesome episode, hopefully there will be more of this in the future
Quote:
I remember Zetsu collecting the ring of Sasori. Maybe the rings have more meaning than just trendy Akatsuki accessoir.
Kishi must have been reading reborn! lately
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-06-19, 08:50   Link #20
lotus_lee

When we were shown Orochimaru's cut off arm with the ring in that sealed container, did anyone else start thinking:

'DOCTOR WHO!'

Cos in that, the Doctor uses it to aid his regeneration lol.
lotus_lee is offline   Reply With Quote