041 - 050: Below Average... 0 0%
031 - 040: Bad... 0 0%
021 - 030: Very Bad... 0 0%
011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You couldn't even finish the episode... 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-22, 16:33   Link #21
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Amazing episode. The best shipuuden episode of all time so far.

And I disagree with what people are saying about the music.

In my opinion nothing kills a scene more than crappy music which the animators think is "hype music"

Episodes like the Orochimaru vs Sasuke during the chuunin exam, or music like during the zabuza arc was amazing. It was true "hype" music which pulsed with the rhythm of the fight.

But music like during the Naruto/Neji fight, or during the Sasuke/half-transformed-Gaara fight in the forest, or the Jiraiya/Tsunade -vs-Orochimaru fight was ..... horrible. It was just really loud and obnoxious music that always makes me turn down the volume.

In this episode they just played low key somber music which didn't take away from the scene. You can argue they could have had some nice hype music, but I don't mind as long as they don't play bad music loudly.

Best = Good hype music like the fights I mentioned
OK = music like in this scene where its low key and does not distract
Worst = bad hype music which is just loud without really adding anything to the scene, but rather detracts from it.

My two cents
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 16:53   Link #22
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Another amazing Epsiode the frog song was sweet . And this is what Odama Rasengam look like .... The highlight of the episode has to be the sneak attack by Pein with dialogue " Never Let Down Your Gaurd Sensei " . Seeing the six paths of Pein together was godly divine and loved the BGM on that scene truly apocalyptic . This is stretching it a bit was reminded of that scene from Coppola Apocalypse Now where Brando reveals himself . I know what everyone is going to say but that was that scene was first thing that came to my mind : )
Old 2009-10-22, 17:09   Link #23
Bombo
TSF Fans

Awesome episode tbh..But i feel so sad about Jiraiya
Bombo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-22, 23:36   Link #24
CuXe
Loving Romeo X Juliet

I feel bad for Ero-Senin ...

<ThinkingoutLoud> How could Naruto ever defeat such immortal/kickass being? </ThinkingoutLoud>

According to Erosenin (or one of the frogs I don' remember) that Rinnengan is the Ultimate Eye technique.... dam ... I seriously want to see a Rinnengan/Sharingan fight now ... tho I don't think it'll happen. Also........ those lil frogs kick ass! ...just wanted to throw that out there

Good fights acoming peoplez!!!

Last edited by CuXe; 2009-10-22 at 23:54.
CuXe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 00:14   Link #25
filthydani

its obvious whats the fate will be for Ero-Senin by lookin at the preview for the next episode,
filthydani is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:45   Link #26
CubeE
Taju Kage Unagi No Jutsu!

I thought the art was fairly poor in this episode. The overall animation was pretty good but Jiraiya's design lacked detail and consistency. Sometimes his face was completely red aside from the nose while other times he had more skin showing. This fight in the previous episode was epic but this was just mediocre in my opinion. I wish they'd devote as much time and effort to this fight as they did to the Zombie Brothers. It looks like next weeks episode will be better.
CubeE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 01:53   Link #27
Alchemist007
*Author

I didn't notice any excess red, got a screenshot?
Old 2009-10-23, 02:26   Link #28
AuroraFlash
good-natured spirit
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via ICQ to AuroraFlash Send a message via MSN to AuroraFlash
Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
I thought the art was fairly poor in this episode. The overall animation was pretty good but Jiraiya's design lacked detail and consistency. Sometimes his face was completely red aside from the nose while other times he had more skin showing. This fight in the previous episode was epic but this was just mediocre in my opinion. I wish they'd devote as much time and effort to this fight as they did to the Zombie Brothers. It looks like next weeks episode will be better.
That was on purpose! The more he used his "sage arts", the more his "bloody tears" spread and he transformed into a frog (hands, feet).
Old 2009-10-23, 02:52   Link #29
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by CubeE View Post
I wish they'd devote as much time and effort to this fight as they did to the Zombie Brothers.
I think they are putting even more effort in this fight than they did in the last H&K fight. First, they are using double the chapters per episode compared to the H&K arc, to make sure things don't get boring and stretched out. And second, they are making a big effort to improve the visual quality of the show. You know that episodes are produced alternating good animation directors and animators, with low quality animation directors and animators. Back in the H&K arc (and during most of the Shippuuden series), the episodes done by the bad animation teams were left as they were, usually resulting in crappy art and/or animation that was totally inconsistent with the previous and the following good looking episodes. But since the "Jiraiya gaiden" they have started retouching the art and animation of the episodes done by the poor animation teams, so now episodes that should have looked bad look okay, or even good.
Then I agree that the fight is not as exciting or action packed as the H&K one, but that's not their fault.
neshru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 05:47   Link #30
Uchiha Soul

N

Ero Sennin .. i cant cry .. i dont wanna cry .. i dont want you to die
you are too young to die .. its too early to leave

100% for the animation, music, graphic, script, direction, production, to the whole Epi .. Naruto staff u r AWESOME
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 06:08   Link #31
Siddyus
The Insidious

Awesome episode over all. There were least fights but the intriguing strategy to counter the doomed situation of Jiraiya was certainly nail biting. I cant wait for the next episode.

It is too bad to see Jiraiya's life is coming to a close. And he wasnt even able to fully use his sage mode.

Siddyus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 06:55   Link #32
Kakosan

Excellent episode, and the manga material was really well animated IMO.
Kakosan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 07:12   Link #33
Kafriel
Senior Guest

No need to cry guys, he only lost an arm...and seems to be spitting lots of blood in the preview...and gets a flashback.....nah he can live, he's a legendary sannin
The episode was very good, I was really expecting half as much info, which is good because they won't be dragging the fight, so it doesn't lose the impact. Huge shocker after he killed them, if it was night and I had the volume on max, I would have spilled that coffee...then again I don't drink coffee at night.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 09:13   Link #34
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kafriel View Post
No need to cry guys, he only lost an arm...and seems to be spitting lots of blood in the preview...and gets a flashback.....nah he can live, he's a legendary sannin
The episode was very good, I was really expecting half as much info, which is good because they won't be dragging the fight, so it doesn't lose the impact. Huge shocker after he killed them, if it was night and I had the volume on max, I would have spilled that coffee...then again I don't drink coffee at night.
no need to cry ha? only losing an arm and lots of blood .. ahh u wanna a truth, i cried each epi since the beginning of this arc (Jiraya arc) coz i know he is gonna die i dont know how coz im not a manga reader but i know he is gonna leave us

Quote:
then again I don't drink coffee at night
good for you .. i had coffee every day and night & sometimes noon also
no matter what happend i must drink my coffee
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 12:00   Link #35
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by static-flare View Post
Spoiler for MANGA:
You just won a prize for failing at grasping both the meaning of his post and the forum rules
Old 2009-10-23, 12:13   Link #36
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Lol this is a good situation.

I have read the manga and I know how the fight ultimately ends, but I cannot remember the details of the fight because I read it once a long time ago.

So i'm enjoying it the same way non-manga readers are enjoying it. Except that I know the ending of it.

Good stuff. The duet was awesome
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 13:26   Link #37
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

Quote:
This isnt Bleach, losing an arm is fatal and large amounts of blood loss is fatal.

This episode was much better than shown in the manga, am I the only one that really likes how Nagato was drawn and portrayed during the flashback. It made his rinnegan look extra awesome especially because only one of the yes were shown, I would like to see more Nagato in flashback. A Nagato gaiden would be nice.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-23, 14:43   Link #38
neshru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cub-Sama View Post
This isnt Bleach, losing an arm is fatal and large amounts of blood loss is fatal.
tell that to deidara
Old 2009-10-23, 15:08   Link #39
Kafriel
Senior Guest

Quote:
Originally Posted by neshru View Post
tell that to deidara
I think Orochimaru wins the round, he got sliced clean in half and survived, plus he had his soul condemned to eternal torment and got away from that too!
Come to think of it...he was even cast away in a separate dimension and erased from existence in his own world (resurrection no jutsu anyone?) , but there's still a chance that he might come back later on...

Last edited by Kafriel; 2009-10-23 at 23:12.
Kafriel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 04:14   Link #40
Forever
Revealing the truth

B4: 3 pains struggle like mad, uses quite a lot of tricks already
now: Lose one arm + blood + double the enemies.

UNless he has a godly technique behind his sleeve, he is dead duck. Letz hope his body actually get sent back to be buried.

Tags
weekly episode discussion