011 - 020: Awful... 0 0%
000 - 010: You couldn't even finish the episode... 0 0%
Voters: 64. You may not vote on this poll

Old 2009-10-24, 04:59   Link #41
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever View Post
B4: 3 pains struggle like mad, uses quite a lot of tricks already
now: Lose one arm + blood + double the enemies.

UNless he has a godly technique behind his sleeve, he is dead duck. Letz hope his body actually get sent back to be buried.
dont say that i know he is gonna die, but ...
i hope he got something .. at the end he is one of the legendary team
but he is stubborn old man .. if he just asked for help from konoha as backup team .. Pein will not have a chance against them.

Last edited by Uchiha Soul; 2009-10-24 at 11:56.
Uchiha Soul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 05:51   Link #42
Ero-Senn1n

Quote:
Originally Posted by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu View Post
You can argue they could have had some nice hype music, but I don't mind as long as they don't play bad music loudly.
This episode had nice hype music at the end, when it's revealed that "god" consists of 6 people. Whenever there's a new revelation about the rinnegan they play this nice music that is like a medieval religious music, and that genre of music has a very powerful effect on the listener. I guess for japanese people it's even more interesting because they never had such a powerful religious belief that is all about a one and only absolute god that has absolute power over people. Even in the our current world this powerful belief in one absolute god is that indirectly gives birth to terrorist organizations and suicide bombers. And the middle east of our world somewhat resembles the rain country of the narutoverse, being surrounded by 3 great religions and 3 great world forces (there were 2 sides of the cold war and the arab world being the 3rd)
Ero-Senn1n is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 11:41   Link #43
Hamza

nooooooooo

Naruto is going to be PISSED if Jiraiya dies by Pain. He is going to throw a huge fit....and so will I! He can't die. he is the coolest character in the show. but i have a bad feeling about this....bad feeling.
Hamza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 11:58   Link #44
Corruption
Marv

Jiraiya lost his arm :9
Corruption is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:45   Link #45
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ero-Senn1n View Post
This episode had nice hype music at the end, when it's revealed that "god" consists of 6 people. Whenever there's a new revelation about the rinnegan they play this nice music that is like a medieval religious music, and that genre of music has a very powerful effect on the listener. I guess for japanese people it's even more interesting because they never had such a powerful religious belief that is all about a one and only absolute god that has absolute power over people. Even in the our current world this powerful belief in one absolute god is that indirectly gives birth to terrorist organizations and suicide bombers. And the middle east of our world somewhat resembles the rain country of the narutoverse, being surrounded by 3 great religions and 3 great world forces (there were 2 sides of the cold war and the arab world being the 3rd)
Your right the music for the 6 paths of pain revalation was nice. Its a bit different from earlier naruto episodes. But that can only be expected because the series has "matured" after the time skip. If you remember pre-time skip they had very upbeat hype music. Especially the classic voice over of that guy whod yell loudly into the track stuff like "Hooh!!!!!" every time something cool happened lol. Its not necessarily a bad change in my opinion. I personally like it. It fits with the idea of theme getting older and more serious.

[off topic]

Last edited by Hunter; 2009-10-25 at 21:19.
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 12:56   Link #46
JustRob

Good episode. And yeah Jiraiya's fate is obvious, but he definitely won't go in vain. After all, he will provide that which will be vital for Pein's defeat, before he goes.
JustRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:41   Link #47
james0246

Wait, Pain is Muslim? Damn what did I miss...

Joking aside, some of this discussion is getting a little too close to being a spoiler. We do not presently know of Pain's true plans, etc, and some of these suppositions by manga readers are getting a little too close to revealing actual spoilers....

In regards to this episode, one thing I really liked was the eye movements. Whenever Jiraiya was focusing on one of the Toads, his eyes would always shift to the one currently talking, even during the fast escape sequence in which Jiraiya was running down the longest tunnel in existence, his eyes still shifted between each talker. This was just a nice added touch that could have been skipped (since it is not fully necessary), but is still nice to have.

That being said, the whole Genjutsu sequence (which is called Magen: Gamarinshou for all you anime fans) was quite well done. In the manga, it appears that Jiraiya and Ma & Pa Kettle simply catch Pain in the genjutsu, but in the anime they stretch out the sequence nicely, forcing the individual bodies to become incapacitated so that the genjutsu can work. This seems much more believable than Pain simply getting caught in a genjutsu.

Last edited by james0246; 2009-10-24 at 13:52.
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:47   Link #48
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

Oh Screw you! This is not off topic. If Ero Sennin is right and that there is a parralel then it's worth discussing damn it!
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:51   Link #49
james0246

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haak View Post
Oh Screw you! This is not off topic. If Ero Sennin is right and that there is a parralel then it's worth discussing damn it!
I never claimed it was off-topic, but some of the comparison is boarding on hinting at manga information that will not be revealed in the anime for 40 some episodes.

That being said, snippy much .
james0246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 13:56   Link #50
Haak
Me, An Intellectual

You know, I reeeeaaaaally hate when you're right.
Haak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 14:01   Link #51
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
In regards to this episode, one thing I really liked was the eye movements. Whenever Jiraiya was focusing on one of the Toads, his eyes would always shift to the one currently talking, even during the fast escape sequence in which Jiraiya was running down the longest tunnel in existence, his eyes still shifted between each talker. This was just a nice added touch that could have been skipped (since it is not fully necessary), but is still nice to have.
Lol, that made me laugh. Reminded me of the day I was watching Naruto with my girlfriend a few years back. It was the fight between Oro and Sandaime. She was like "That is an amazingly strong roof". Lol, funny because I'd never noticed that. They were summoning giant mud slides, huge water rivers, big ass earth mountains, entire forests were growing etc. and the roof didn't break lol

Last edited by The-Wolf-Of-Mibu; 2009-10-24 at 14:16.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:03   Link #52
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by james0246 View Post
yeah, i noticed that but didnt write bcoz i thought no one will care abt it.
i love these stuff .. im glad they didnt skip it.. it makes the show more realistic .. i hope to see more of these small additions.
Old 2009-10-24, 14:22   Link #53
Uchiha Soul

Quote:
Lol, that made me laugh. Reminded me of the day I was watching Naruto with my girlfriend a few years back. It was the fight between Oro and Sandaime. She was like "That is an amazingly strong roof". Lol, funny because I'd never noticed that. They were summoning giant mud slides, huge water rivers, big ass earth mountains, entire forests were growing etc. and the roof didn't break lol
what a noticing!!
nice story
Old 2009-10-24, 14:34   Link #54
Ninja_Nobody
GameTag: NamikazeKing
*Author

Send a message via AIM to Ninja_Nobody
The voices for the Path's fit in just right, can't wait for this Invasion Arc, that will be amazing
Old 2009-10-24, 15:15   Link #55
Alchemist007
*Author

Err off topic much guys?
Old 2009-10-24, 21:29   Link #56
Jerseykid

Ok so he is outside in the water now, no matter what happens I am going to feel that he should of been able to escape even if the writers don't let him.
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-10-24, 21:45   Link #57
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

What do you mean? Hes inside some kind of water tank. Hes not outside
Old 2009-10-24, 21:53   Link #58
Jerseykid

Quote:
What do you mean? Hes inside some kind of water tank. Hes not outside
time index 19:02, you too can see the sky.
Old 2009-10-24, 23:43   Link #59
The-Wolf-Of-Mibu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
time index 19:02, you too can see the sky.
Still looks like some kind of tank/chimney type thing to me. Notice how it curves around as if the opening is circular
Old 2009-10-25, 00:09   Link #60
Jerseykid

time index 19:28 : You can see the city and the sky in the background behind ma frog.

time index 19:38 : sky over Jiraiya's head.

time index 19:45 : lots o wind.

yup outside!

Tags
weekly episode discussion