AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2012-04-03, 23:02   Link #1741
sa547
*Author

^
I think that there were so many 12/13-episode (or 1-cour) shows for several years that it has become the norm, and anything more than that are infrequent.
Old 2012-04-04, 08:38   Link #1742
Kyuu
=^^=

People have become very accustomed to the 12 and 13 episode pacing. I have to admit: I did too. Yet, this 26-episode pace mixed with the sci-fi spaceship theme, it felt like a good breath of fresh air.

Surely, we've had some other 20+ length series fairly recently such as Gosick, Mawaru Penguindrum, and Stein's Gate. None of these dealt with the space "adventure" theme.
Kyuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 11:17   Link #1743
chaos_animagic

I actually got the episode count from AnimeNewsNetwork...

I don't think they update it anymore ;(

A lot of things there are out-dated or mis-informed...

AnimeNewsNetwork used to be the main source for like 80% of people that watches Anime...
They used to update daily and all info was correct and up-to-date...

But I think with "MyAnimeList" and a whole bunch of new Blogs... They stopped updating as good as before...
chaos_animagic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-04, 21:34   Link #1744
Kaoru Chujo
Yuuki Aoi

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaos_animagic View Post
...AnimeNewsNetwork used to be the main source for like 80% of people that watches Anime... They used to update daily and all info was correct and up-to-date... But I think with "MyAnimeList" and a whole bunch of new Blogs... They stopped updating as good as before...
ANN is largely a wiki with editors. If we don't contribute, the info doesn't get updated. I still prefer it, for my purposes, since it presents the info I want in the simplest way. I'm just careful about what info I accept, as I am with every other site on the Net.

Episode totals are notoriously hard to get right. I trust the relentlessness blog, which infers totals from DVD offerings. He says 26 episodes.

By the way, since Komatsu Mikako, who plays Marika, has a single coming out next week (see Cosmic Eagle's post a while ago), there are new pics of her around. Such as these:

Her image song single is available from CDJapan, Amazon Japan, etc.
YUUKI Aoi 悠木碧. b92.03.27 (age 29). 2008 Kurenai (Murasaki). 2009 Yumeiro Pâtissière (Ichigo), Kiruminzuu (Riko), Yutori-chan (Yutori-chan). 2010 Vampire Bund (Mina Tepeş), Shiki (Sunako), Samurai Girls (Juubee), Pokémon: Black and White (Iris). 2011 Madoka Magica (Madoka), Gosick (Victorique), A-Channel (Tooru). 2012 Symphogear (Hibiki). 2014 Pilot's Love Song (Claire/Nina), Nanatsu no Taizai (Diane). 2015 Owari no Seraph (Krul Tepes), Rokka no Yuusha (Fremy). 2016 Boku no Hero Academia (Tsuyu, Froppy). 2017 Kino no Tabi (Kino). 2021 Kumo desu ga (watashi), Kaizoku Oujo (Karin), Heike Monogatari (Biwa), etc., etc. Total of 513 roles in anime and games.
Kaoru Chujo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 08:04   Link #1745
gaiar31

Spoiler:
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 09:45   Link #1746
00Coyote

Quote:
Originally Posted by gaiar31 View Post
Spoiler:
So Cute! We need more pictures like this.
00Coyote is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-06, 10:03   Link #1747
justpassingby

Regarding the number of episodes, when I was following the twitter #mo_retsu, there are Japanese and/or Japanese-able people who didn't know that this is going to be 26 episodes. Believe it or not, there are people who didn't watch the preview segment, as it comes after the ED song AND TV advertisements

That aside, the cover for BD Vol 3 Limted Edition
Spoiler for BD vol 3:
So Marika actually equalizes her count to Gruelle of being the main cover girl for the novels (3-3) with the other two were Chiaki (vol 3) and Müller Grant (vol 6) ...German :P
Spoiler for 誰だこれwwwwww:
Old 2012-04-06, 10:52   Link #1748
gaiar31

illustion of novel is changing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
gaiar31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 03:10   Link #1749
Ithekro
Gamilas Falls

Hopefully things will get interesting this time (they should be with more pirates).

On a side note, both Rina Sato (Jenny Dolittle) and Mikako Komatsu (Marika Kato) are in the new Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Rina Sato plays the new ship's Nurse (Makoto Harada) while Mikako has a minor role as the little brother (Jirō Shima) to one of the main characters (Daisuke Shima). It makes the little "bakame" scene in Episode 5 all the more interesting.
Old 2012-04-07, 06:12   Link #1750
justpassingby

^Better not to get your hope too high, because the title is as straightforward as it can be :P. IMO the earlier part of book 3 deals with the theme "Trust" between Marika and her surrounding people. Also, nostalgia goggle in forms of cameos (if they're able to show them in this episode)

I don't know how they're going to adapt book 3, but I do know that they already did one thing wrong: Marika's business suit is supposed to be dark blue, before ending up as red :P

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-04-08 at 03:37. Reason: Bleh sleepy
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 06:25   Link #1751
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ithekro View Post
Hopefully things will get interesting this time (they should be with more pirates).

On a side note, both Rina Sato (Jenny Dolittle) and Mikako Komatsu (Marika Kato) are in the new Space Battleship Yamato 2199. Rina Sato plays the new ship's Nurse (Makoto Harada) while Mikako has a minor role as the little brother (Jirō Shima) to one of the main characters (Daisuke Shima). It makes the little "bakame" scene in Episode 5 all the more interesting.
Oh yes, I know Rina can do the KYAAAAAA beer chuck a lot of justice.

Jenny might fancy something more classy...
Old 2012-04-07, 10:58   Link #1752
justpassingby

Spoiler:

Last edited by justpassingby; 2012-04-08 at 09:51. Reason: repairing here and there
justpassingby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:08   Link #1753
Midonin
Last Engage

Mobirates 14 - Wanted: A Crew

I never thought an insurance company would be a plot catalyst, but Hiroki Yasumoto's performance as Show was noticeably hammy. He rocks the afro. I do like how Gruier has pretty much become an unofficial member of the crew at this point - long after her arc completes, the show still needs her presence. Her "disguise" for Marika is going to spurn a lot of fanart, I bet, and meeting Chiaki's dad was pretty cool. Though I'm looking forward to the next arc(?) quite a bit. This is a chance for the Yacht Club to show their stuff and get fleshed out a little more, effectively combining the first and second parts of the show. Now it can truly be called Miniskirt Space Pirates (yes, I still like that name.)
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 12:46   Link #1754
00Coyote

There were a bunch of things that I liked about this episode.
Spoiler:
Old 2012-04-07, 13:59   Link #1755
ars89
One-Eyed Dragon

Oh man the crew got sick. Marika looked good in a suit., too bad it was a horrible disguise. So we meet Chiaki's dad, very cool. Chiaki singing the anthem! Can't believe Marika didn't think about asking them for help.
Old 2012-04-07, 16:26   Link #1756
00Coyote

My conspiracy senses are tingling...
Spoiler for evil cat-monkey machination:

Quote:

Bleh, why are Mami and Gruelle always forcing weird outfits on me?
Observation #1: The Yacht Club simulators are located inside a pool. I know at one time it was about boats, and you are located on a planet names 'Sea of the Morning Star' but that's a bit excessive.

Observation #2: I think Marika had a reason she didn't go to the Yacht Club first.
Quote:

Marika: We're soooo gonna die this time.

Last edited by 00Coyote; 2012-04-07 at 17:17. Reason: I still can't spell
Old 2012-04-07, 17:10   Link #1757
DezoPenguin
Beta by Accident
*Author

I'm sure there'll be plenty of comedic hijinks next week about the Yacht Club taking over the pirate ship, but...seriously, Marika, when you have a gang of scary (albeit genki and cute) badasses that you hang out with every day, you know whom you need to hire! (Seriously, if Jenny was still there, I'd take the Yacht Club over the real crew nine times out of ten. )
DezoPenguin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-07, 17:13   Link #1758
totoum
Me at work

Send a message via MSN to totoum
Quote:
Originally Posted by DezoPenguin View Post
(Seriously, if Jenny was still there, I'd take the Yacht Club over the real crew nine times out of ten. )
I hope she hires Jenny,there's no reason why she can't hire her.
Old 2012-04-07, 18:36   Link #1759
MeisterBabylon
~ Your Smile ~
*Author

Er, at this point, Jenny's wealth/position/everything she's more like the CEO/fleet admiral, so it makes more sense for Marika to be working for Doolittle. After all, past a certain point, all naval careers lead to a desk.

...or a dreadnought cruiser/doomsday capital ship.

*destroyed with Phaser Lance*
Old 2012-04-07, 18:50   Link #1760
Random Wanderer

Spoiler for Episode 14:

Quote:
I hope she hires Jenny,there's no reason why she can't hire her.
Honestly, I think Jenny's command personality would overpower Marika's in most situations. That's fine for the yacht club, but on the Bentenmaru Marika has to be the voice of authority. Not that Marika's a bad captain: we've already seen that she can do what she needs to do perfectly well when it needs doing. But Jenny has an air of authority that Marika lacks, and is similarly competent in most situations. Just by being there, people would unconsciously be more likely to look to her for commands than to Marika. Without her there, there's no question that Marika's the captain.

So, as sad as it makes me, I think this adventure would be better off without Jenny joining the crew. ...And trust me, that makes me quite sad.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 00Coyote View Post
I can just see the cruise application submitted to the Academy:

The Space Yacht next practice cruise will be aboard the (in)famous Pirate Ship Bentenmaru, where we will learn the finer points of electronic warfare, firing cruiser class starship weaponry, and the planning, formation and execution of a ship raiding party, where we will pillage, plunder and loot rich space travelers for profit, amusement and legalized insurance fraud.
All important life-skills! It's good that the clubs can help give their students a well-rounded education like that.
Random Wanderer is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
light novel adaptation, science fiction, seinen, yuri