AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2020-12-09, 22:45   Link #1
tokinokanatae

Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru

Per Kurofune's twitter account, BL supernatural mystery manga Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru (The Night Beyond the Tricornered Window) is getting a TV anime.

Synopsis, courtesy of the English-language publisher:

Quote:
Shy bookstore clerk Kosuke Mikado has the ability to see ghosts and spirits, an ability he wishes he didn’t have, since what he sees usually terrifies him. Rihito Hiyakawa, an exorcist whose supernatural powers are as strong as his social graces are weak, doesn’t seem to fear anything, mortal or otherwise. When this odd couple gets together to solve the bizarre cases that come their way, their work methods may not be entirely safe for work!
tokinokanatae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2020-12-16, 12:46   Link #2
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Oh interesting.
Old 2021-02-08, 12:29   Link #3
tokinokanatae

Before this series was announced, I was much more familiar with the mangka's Ikoku Nikki--which is about child-free woman taking in her teenage niece after the woman's estranged sister dies--and hadn't really read Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru, even with the motion picture announcement.

Having recently bought and read all of the volumes available in Japanese for Sankaku, I'm much more excited (and concerned!) over this announcement.

Without posting spoilers, this is the sort of series that would be perfectly at home with noitaminA's anime block, but I think it's pretty much impossible to do the series justice with a single cour of content. It would take a deft hand to do with two cours.

We'll know a lot more on how this is likely to shake out once we start getting more staff and cast, but provided that this gets the attention it deserves, this is a series no one that likes paranormal stories should sleep on, imo.
Old 2021-07-01, 04:56   Link #4
tokinokanatae

New information from the new website.

Airing this upcoming Fall season.

Mikado Kousuke: Shimazaki Nobunaga
Hiyakata Rihito: Hatano Wataru

Director/Character Design: Yasuda Yoshitaka
Chief Director: Iwanaga Daiji
Series Composition: Sekine Ayumi
Studio: Zero G

YouTube
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2021-07-01, 17:33   Link #5
Cloudedmind

OK, this actually looks half way decent. Maybe we'll actually get an interesting thriller/mystery that just also happens to have a BL romance.

Edit:

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokinokanatae View Post
Before this series was announced, I was much more familiar with the mangka's Ikoku Nikki--which is about child-free woman taking in her teenage niece after the woman's estranged sister dies--and hadn't really read Sankaku Mado no Sotogawa wa Yoru, even with the motion picture announcement.

Having recently bought and read all of the volumes available in Japanese for Sankaku, I'm much more excited (and concerned!) over this announcement.

Without posting spoilers, this is the sort of series that would be perfectly at home with noitaminA's anime block, but I think it's pretty much impossible to do the series justice with a single cour of content. It would take a deft hand to do with two cours.

We'll know a lot more on how this is likely to shake out once we start getting more staff and cast, but provided that this gets the attention it deserves, this is a series no one that likes paranormal stories should sleep on, imo.
It would honestly be kind of weird if this didn't get two cours, unless they have no intention of animating the full manga. With it being completed at just 10 volumes I think it's do-able to tell the full story in 24-26 episodes. I decided to read the first two volumes and my general impressions is that the tone of the story reminds me a bit of Pet. I think a lot will ride on how well the team working on the anime gets the atmosphere of the show.

Last edited by Cloudedmind; 2021-07-02 at 15:55.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-05, 11:39   Link #6
tokinokanatae

New cast information and teaser trailer:

Mukae Keita: Saitou Souma
Hiura Erika: Anzai Chika
Hanzawa Hiroki: Mikami Satoshi
Sakaki: Suwabe Junichi

YouTube
Old 2021-09-06, 09:05   Link #7
tokinokanatae

Full trailer is out. Series starts October 3rd.

YouTube
Old 2021-09-08, 01:27   Link #8
Cloudedmind

Looking forward to it.

It's to bad Sublime Manga has only been releasing like a volume a year. I was hoping with the announcement of the anime they'd expedite volumes 9 & 10. As things stand we won't get the conclusion in the English translation of the manga until 2023.
Old 2021-09-09, 16:07   Link #9
tokinokanatae

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
Looking forward to it.

It's to bad Sublime Manga has only been releasing like a volume a year. I was hoping with the announcement of the anime they'd expedite volumes 9 & 10. As things stand we won't get the conclusion in the English translation of the manga until 2023.
I imagine it probably takes a little more time/effort to translate a Yamashita work—her language isn’t exactly complicated, but what she’s expressing with it can be—which accounts for the slow pace. I read the end in Japanese. I thought it had a really good ending, so I hope the anime makes it there without being reduced to a breakneck pace…
Old 2021-10-03, 23:00   Link #10
tokinokanatae

First episode wasn’t as bad as I feared. The episode count doesn’t leave me much hope for improvement as the series progresses, though.
Old 2021-10-05, 19:35   Link #11
mei misaki fan

I felt it was pretty good, the end was also intriguing in a creepy way. Obviously the BL elements will mean most will probably not check it out which could be a shame if the plot builds up nicely.

To anyone wary of the BL part but interested in the dark supernatural side of the show i recommend still checking it out as the show only goes as far as innuendo rather than full blown explicit scenes.
mei misaki fan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-10-25, 13:38   Link #12
Cloudedmind

I guess I shouldn't be surprised that there's basically no discussion on this show.

Anyway, I was finally able to watch the first four episodes. While episode one had me worried for a bit I feel like the next episodes picked up considerably to the point that even though I know what's coming next I'm still anxious to see it.

The one thing I really like about Sankaku is that it feels like a more down to earth supernatural story if that makes any sense. Yes, it has it's moments, but Mob Psycho and Jujustu Kaisen it isn't, yet the atmosphere is still there.

What exactly is the episode count for this show?
Old 2021-10-25, 21:33   Link #13
tokinokanatae

There are going to be twelve episodes total, which is pretty tight for a ten volume series.
Old 2021-10-29, 01:31   Link #14
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokinokanatae View Post
There are going to be twelve episodes total, which is pretty tight for a ten volume series.
Guh, and this is why we can't have nice things.