AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Visual Novels, Mobage & Anime Spin-Off Games

Notices

Old 2021-08-17, 20:59   Link #2821
Kurohane

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tactics View Post
Please ...

- A player can win multiple Tier II that worth efforts playing for a year.
If you're just talking about the amount in crystals, while there are areas to get extra crystals like story events, we also get periodic magnafest that give players an extra 200 free, no effort required for that.

Also even if you get limited weapons, characters and summons, you still have to put in the effort to level and uncap those characters and items.

Quote:
- Assume you win two Tier III, it worth two unsuptixable summons, major boost to everyone.
Which could have also happened during the treasure/scratcher events. And it was just as unlikely, usually getting half elixirs/berries instead. Remember when people complained about getting too many berries.

Quote:
The rage is justified, honestly; no surprise if even veterans quitting.
Its crazy how Tier IV not even including free SSR from permanent pool or there's guaranteed Tier III for everyone to begin with so the system will limit distribution for higher tiers. Waiting two weeks for two gold moons is never something a step below Belial and Grands, its freaking heaven and earth.

Never said it wasn't understandable, just not worth the backlash over what is essentially free stuff. The whole range of prizes was given to us ahead of time. The GBF team even made sure the distribution of cards wasn't entirely random so everyone would likely get something if they logged in everyday. Could they have done more? Yes. Could they have adjusted the prizes better? Yes! However at the end of the day, it's just free stuff.
Old 2021-08-18, 00:11   Link #2822
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kurohane View Post
If you're just talking about the amount in crystals, while there are areas to get extra crystals like story events, we also get periodic magnafest that give players an extra 200 free, no effort required for that.

Also even if you get limited weapons, characters and summons, you still have to put in the effort to level and uncap those characters and items.
Fact someone can pick Seasonal and Zodiac is not worth to mention? Mahira is not important? Andira? Xmas Naru? Forgot about them?

I don't get your logic because among all options up to Tier II, assuming someone is new player, it only problematic if they picked Vintages, V. Grimnir, G. Jeanne and G. Vira with honorary mention to Rei who need functional roster first. The rest works pretty well even on Magna phase until you reach point of min-maxing; you might want to argue about Belial functionality, but being Dark with capability to limit damage taken is an understandable enough deal for element that dealing with Chevalier and Metatron. Argument of leveling and uncap is pretty weak thanks to revamped player bonus.

Quote:
Which could have also happened during the treasure/scratcher events. And it was just as unlikely, usually getting half elixirs/berries instead. Remember when people complained about getting too many berries.
Which an awful comparison to begin with.

Too many berries? Sure but whatever you get from scratch doesn't invalidate you still need to play hard.
Congrats if you able to hit the grand prize because its already expected beforehand that the chance is low; the despair is fair to all thus more meme instead of backlash.
Here? You have Tier III prizes literally spit on Tier IV, Tier II prizes laugh on Tier III, combined with fact a player can win multiple or both Tier II and Tier III compare to others that wait two weeks for Gold Moons, backlash is inevitable; somehow Cygames thinking everyone get free Tier III is fine solution as if unable to realize it will enraged people that been pointing distribution issue and disparity of reward between tiers.

Quote:
Never said it wasn't understandable, just not worth the backlash over what is essentially free stuff. The whole range of prizes was given to us ahead of time. The GBF team even made sure the distribution of cards wasn't entirely random so everyone would likely get something if they logged in everyday. Could they have done more? Yes. Could they have adjusted the prizes better? Yes! However at the end of the day, it's just free stuff.
Sure, fairness about free stuff that could cut ones patience is no big deal because its free stuff.
Agree to disagree. For me what's important is the damage already done. It will be interesting to see if Cygames will actually make effort about further response as the news ended up wild enough to make Uma Musume and Princess Connect playerbase skeptical about how free stuffs handled; Granblue is their flagship, after all, so it kinda inevitable.

Yesterday, the official Twitter is full of "F*ck you, Cygames" and people explaining how free Tier III is not changing anything across Summer Shalem and the apologize tweets.
Now it got visible "Thank you, Cygames", stuffs like that. It lose most complaint tweets I read last night; only meme remains on each personal Twitter page, mostly about someone with Belial and 2 Gold Moons wondering if what he got is truly fair to Tier III and Tier II winners after "everyone get free Tier III".

Last edited by Tactics; 2021-08-18 at 00:59.
Tactics is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-18, 00:15   Link #2823
Shadow5YA

Tier III and above is fine. The chance to win a tier 3 is higher than the scratchers or treasure boxes, and having the choice of what grand weapon you want is a big upgrade.

It's just that Tier IV is beyond garbage. I won only 3 Tier IVs, which amounts to... only 3 damascus frags, or 3 gold moons. That's much less than what we got less year.

Last edited by Shadow5YA; 2021-08-18 at 00:51.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-19, 07:15   Link #2824
AnimeFangirl

I'm really not seeing the issue with the lottery. Cygames doesn't owe us a thing. It's free stuff, and it's not even real. What's all the fuss about?
Old 2021-08-20, 11:57   Link #2825
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
I'm really not seeing the issue with the lottery. Cygames doesn't owe us a thing. It's free stuff, and it's not even real. What's all the fuss about?
There's a big discrepancy between the free stuff some players got for no reason. A free Grand weapon (and character) of your choice is leagues beyond a few damascus crystals.

This is also in comparison to last summer, where everyone was essentially given over 60k crystals for free along with roulette rolls. Now the majority of players get just scraps?
It doesn't feel good.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-20, 13:24   Link #2826
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Maybe its better to breakdown it like this so easier to understand:

Tier I -
Pick one endgame grid weapon worth of 300 Gold Moons (full upgrade); or
Item to pick any SSR you wanted as long it available on summoning pool that usually cost 150 Gold Moons.

Tier II -
100,000 crystal worth of playing guild wars and events for a long time or opening your wallet; or
Pick any limited time SSR up not included on Tier III (up to last week) with half of it known as dark horse of their element; or
Pick one strong late game grid weapon worth of 30 Gold Moons (only base, no upgrade); or
Material for some late game weapon upgrade that you can farm anytime if you already progresses far enough.

Tier III -
Pick a SSR from two limited SSR series that well-known to provide significant boost to any stage of progress on the game.
As it contain strong characters and great deal of summons including ones that can only be taken by Tier I prize item, the deal technically worth 150 Gold Moons.

Tier IV -
Low amount of farmable items you can gather anytime; or 2 Gold Moons, or 1 high EXP item for leveling that you bound to find on several events.

Then you combined it with fact:
- You can win multiple rewards, like this, someone win 4 Tier II 1 Tier III (this is before free Tier III to everyone): https://twitter.com/rncn_gg/status/1427209955354939394
- Based on some player calculation as the winning number announced considering fact its possible to win multiple rewards, ratio regarding winner (Tier I, II, III) and loser (Tier IV only) is 50:50.

Definitely nothing wrong with this; I'm not surprised if single Tier I winner ended up salty about multiple Tier II winner.

Old 2021-08-25, 07:01   Link #2827
AnimeFangirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
There's a big discrepancy between the free stuff some players got for no reason. A free Grand weapon (and character) of your choice is leagues beyond a few damascus crystals.

This is also in comparison to last summer, where everyone was essentially given over 60k crystals for free along with roulette rolls. Now the majority of players get just scraps?
It doesn't feel good.
Well yeah, I get that, but that's how the lottery works out. Some people get diddly squat, others get $100,000,000. If anything we're better off because we all got at least one Tier III prize.

Sure, I understand how salty people can get about other people's luck, and I'm sure Cygames will never do a lottery again, but this isn't bad enough to drop the game over IMO. It's one of the most generous gacha games on the planet.
Old 2021-08-25, 09:07   Link #2828
Tactics
Haven't You Heard?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AnimeFangirl View Post
Well yeah, I get that, but that's how the lottery works out. Some people get diddly squat, others get $100,000,000. If anything we're better off because we all got at least one Tier III prize.

Sure, I understand how salty people can get about other people's luck, and I'm sure Cygames will never do a lottery again, but this isn't bad enough to drop the game over IMO. It's one of the most generous gacha games on the planet.
Game mainly about grinding and racing for improvement; telling people that used to such environment is like expecting them:
"You were able to pick Rinne and Belial while I got two Gold Moons and G. Naru? Cool, time for me to swipe my card then" with smile.

That is the point made by people that dropped their account after playing this game for a long time.
On such environment, half of playerbase got their hours of playing, some including spending, and two weeks of waiting only to be rewarded with trash while the other half got huge leap.

When you include powercreep to equation, it became worse.
In one side you got a competitive guild disbanded following gap after realization half of them are T2 and T3 winner, while the other half are T4 only.
On the other side there's thought in case Cygames didn't fix the reward anytime soon, stuffs in T3 likely will be "ditched" sooner than expected through new summons and new characters to mitigate effect of free T3;

No need to worry about it if you either not a T4 only winner, or play the game only as character collector game, or been whaling so much it hardly affect you anymore, for sure.

Old 2021-08-27, 10:57   Link #2829
Klashikari
阿賀野型3番艦、矢矧 Lv180
*Graphic Designer

People should realize that "it is just like the lottery" is a false comparison with what happened there. A lottery is basically a luck contest with people who contributed a small amount of money in hope to get the grand prize.
In GBF, that cannot be considered as the same simply because there wasn't any entry requirement and all of the goods have no limitation compared to physical prize or large sum of money.

As such, there are obvious differences in the context:
1) Cygames could easily just give the tier 3 or something like 30k gems to everyone. Honestly, the fact freebies are subject to RNG was a terrible idea to begin with, and while scratchers etc were the same, there were obvious differences.
2) The minimum prize obtained before were generally at least 1 SSR. It wasn't perfect before, but it is the very reason why they needed to implement Mukku mode to the roulette over the years to smoothen the decrepencies between players. By comparison, even T4 and T3 had such a large gap it wasn't funny. 2 dama crystals/4 gold moons don't even come close to a limited characters, especially because the game powercrept to hard that competition is impossible without limited characters. This lead to the most problematic part:
3) the Prize aren't just some "feel" good stuff: they are genuinely important for player progression, especially for the most important part of the game, Guild wars. Without enough medals, you are subject to huge timegate when it comes to progression (Gold bar, Evolite, Blue scripture for the eternals etc). And this is where the decrepencies between T4 and the rest of the tier doesn't make any sense.
The SSR pool is bloated to the point you need to spark if you want a specific character unless you are extremely lucky. And the meta has shifted so hard on key characters that performance in a competitive environment can make or break based on 1 single missing character (e.g. Limited Narumea for Wind). This means that if you were "lucky" enough to hit the 40-45 chance of hitting just 2 T4, then it meant that you were 1 spark late compared to everyone else. And the insult to the injury is that people had even more chance to gain multiple T3+ prizes instead.

The summer fortune was an incredibly bad way to give freebies in a game where grind investment is heavily skewed towards people who spent a lot and/or were really lucky with limited characters. The fact that luck wasn't on your side on a coinflip basically denied you any chance to catch up properly whales and F2P alike in certain setup. This was definitely the first time such gap ever happened in the game hence why it became a glaring issue for those who were affected by that unlike before.
Evidence of that? We already got lotteries several times over the lifespan of the game, particularly the "win a full set of non spark/ticketable summons like BahaLuci, Shiva etc". But there never was an outrage since winners were limited to something like 5-10 every time. Not only you needed extreme luck to get that full set, but it didn't magically shift the balance of the playerbase whatsoever (moreso that you could argue they were not that all powerful at some point). But summer fortune? Half of the playbase got Belial, Limited Narumea and whatnot or even more, while the other half got absolutely nothing. By itself, it is incredibly inane to affect the playerbase powerlevel so such extent without being mindful of the balance since it is a competitive game.

And just like tactics said, the powercreep will probably affect T3 winners, whereas T1 and T2 have a major advantage: they can keep the ticket/gems so they can immediately use them to get the new broken unit that will dictate the meta. It will not dominate for a super long time (unless they somehow try to mitigate that which would still pose a huge problem for the balance), but by the time the rest of the playerbase can get that character or summon, the rest already reaped all the benefits when it matters.

That's the very reason why that their solution didn't sit well with the fanbase, be it westerners or Japanese. They should simply have sent a T3 to players who only got T4. The fact the "rich got even richer" will make the next GW even more disgusting than what they already are. Now those who already got T3 before had the luxury to pick both Belial and Naru instead of possibly being forced to pick only 1.

Last edited by Klashikari; 2021-08-27 at 12:50.
Klashikari is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-08-28, 07:09   Link #2830
AnimeFangirl

Are any of the sparkable summer weapons must-haves for any of the element builds? I have crystals and tickets burning a hole in my pockets.
Old 2021-08-29, 23:47   Link #2831
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Nothing important outside the Masara.
shmaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2021-09-07, 13:41   Link #2832
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Gotta admit Cygames went full retard with the summer fortune which I heard was based on Cinderella Girls mechanics.

And then the threw the pity T3.
Old 2021-09-22, 13:31   Link #2833
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

Okay, I did not expect this naked Bub, and I was laughing uncontrollabley when I saw him.
Old 2021-09-22, 20:57   Link #2834
Kurohane

Yeah, I can't believe the Granblue team went there. Granblue_en's post on twitter about it was also great. XD
Old 2021-09-28, 00:24   Link #2835
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

I think the most single important fact about the current event is Excalibur worth 100 gold moon.
I'll wait and see it unfolds that Merlin is just a pitiful pawn manipulated by the evil gold moon weapon organization. His revenge is just getting used as a smoke screen for gold moon weapon organization to snatch the Excalibur eventually.

Last edited by shmaster; 2021-09-28 at 13:17.
Old 2021-09-28, 02:00   Link #2836
Kurohane

Surprised the writing staff went with Excalibur and not another name, since it is a gold moon weapon, but then again, it's the same with summons.
Old 2021-10-04, 07:59   Link #2837
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

I'm curious because they planned Arthur to become the "sheath" for Excalibur and him becoming the weilder was a fuci up.

If so, who was the planned owner then?
Old 2021-10-04, 17:07   Link #2838
shmaster
オンドリャァァァ!!!

No, the original plan was to summon the sheath for Mordred.
But Arthur is there instead so Excalibur shows up.
Old 2021-10-08, 06:46   Link #2839
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Gintama collaboration event
Old 2021-10-08, 16:45   Link #2840
Kurohane

Holy crap! Gintama! I thought the guy saying it was Muteking was right, so this surprised me that much more. Also, Handsome Gorilla coming to side stories this month, the mangaka's avatar, I love it.