AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > Gundam

Notices

Old 2017-02-26, 23:07   Link #1641
blakstealth
Les Pays Bass

So disappointed that Vidal didn't get more screen time. It looks way better than Kimaris
blakstealth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 02:22   Link #1642
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

i wonder if the Flauros is still salvageable, aside from its body parts scattered all over the place, it depends on who reached the Gundam first whether its Arianrhod or the Revolution fleet/Tekkadan, that is if they managed to have all the entire original frame pieces intact.
Faux Mecha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 03:25   Link #1643
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Global Sword 2 View Post
i wonder if the Flauros is still salvageable, aside from its body parts scattered all over the place, it depends on who reached the Gundam first whether its Arianrhod or the Revolution fleet/Tekkadan, that is if they managed to have all the entire original frame pieces intact.
As long as the twin reactors are intact you can rebuild a Gundam. Remember that the Barbatos got completly new legs and arms over time.
FerrusManus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 03:44   Link #1644
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Barbatos got new arm and leg armor. The Gundam Frame itself is no longer able to be built; the technology to do so is lost. If the damage to the Gundam Frame is too extensive then no, Gundam Flauros is lost.
Old 2017-02-27, 04:24   Link #1645
FerrusManus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Barbatos got new arm and leg armor. The Gundam Frame itself is no longer able to be built; the technology to do so is lost. If the damage to the Gundam Frame is too extensive then no, Gundam Flauros is lost.
Wrong, the Manual of the Barbatos Lupus says that the damaged frame parts (frame parts, not armor) were replaced by new parts produced by Teiwaz. Also, they produced two completely new arms for the Barbatos after the battle with the Hashmal (remember that one was completly oblitareated during the fight). The technology of the Gundam frame itself is no different from the one used on other mobile suits, it's the twin reactor setup that makes the difference.
Old 2017-02-27, 09:49   Link #1646
FerrusManus

By the way, the silhouette of a new Gundam appeared here (Courtesy of the MechaTalk forum)

Maybe it's the Elion familiy Gundam. It looks like it uses the same equipment as the Vidar. Maybe Vidars equipment was taken from this machine to disguise the Kimaris.
Old 2017-02-27, 10:31   Link #1647
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by FerrusManus View Post
By the way, the silhouette of a new Gundam appeared here (Courtesy of the MechaTalk forum)

Maybe it's the Elion familiy Gundam. It looks like it uses the same equipment as the Vidar. Maybe Vidars equipment was taken from this machine to disguise the Kimaris.
Could it be the rumored Baklazan's Gundam that was already missing from its container during McG's acquisition of Bael?
Old 2017-02-27, 11:56   Link #1648
Raviel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
Could it be the rumored Baklazan's Gundam that was already missing from its container during McG's acquisition of Bael?
Wasn't the missing Gundam in the vault the one that belonged to the Elion family?
Raviel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 12:03   Link #1649
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raviel View Post
Wasn't the missing Gundam in the vault the one that belonged to the Elion family?
That was a symbol mistake. Irenesharda already clarified that the missing Gundam which was under the rooster symbol belonged to Baklazan IIRC. Elion's family symbol is the big red snake.
Old 2017-02-27, 15:16   Link #1650
Ernietheracefan

Quote:
I can't imagine the old man piloting a Gundam. That would be awesome..
Ernietheracefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 18:50   Link #1651
AswgLaghima08

So wire tail was counterd by wire blade , and Julia is about as fast a OG kimaris if not faster, but has one arm now. Can She survive till episode 22 if the fight continues next episode or will Barbatos finish her off . Funny thought lol what if just as she is about to be killed Iok and his idot armor actually land a shot with his long range rail gun on Barbatos. Haha at that point i wouldnt even hate him honestly kinda dont after episodes without his idiocy
AswgLaghima08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-02-27, 23:11   Link #1652
Rising Dragon
Goat Herder
*Author

Quote:
Wrong, the Manual of the Barbatos Lupus says that the damaged frame parts (frame parts, not armor) were replaced by new parts produced by Teiwaz. Also, they produced two completely new arms for the Barbatos after the battle with the Hashmal (remember that one was completly oblitareated during the fight). The technology of the Gundam frame itself is no different from the one used on other mobile suits, it's the twin reactor setup that makes the difference.
Well, from what I understand, all materials up till now has stated that the Gundam Frame in its entirety can't be reproduced, not just the twin Ahab Reactors. Yes they can make new parts, but they wouldn't be as good--as for the Lupus' arm, it wasn't completely destroyed, but ripped off. Presumably they salvaged it and reattached it with new parts, but I was under the impression that they wouldn't be quite as good as it what it originally had. Where's the statement saying that the Frame itself was no different from other mobile suit frames, material-wise?
Old 2017-02-27, 23:39   Link #1653
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ernietheracefan View Post
I can't imagine the old man piloting a Gundam. That would be awesome..
Judau Ashta & Flit Asuno likes to have a word with you.
Old 2017-02-28, 01:43   Link #1654
Skye629

Quote:

That image has been floating around for a while now (about a month or two) with no official confirmations

I would keep it in the back of your mind if I were you until we get something more official/concrete
Skye629 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-01, 14:29   Link #1655
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
I finally watched last week's episode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rising Dragon View Post
Well, from what I understand, all materials up till now has stated that the Gundam Frame in its entirety can't be reproduced, not just the twin Ahab Reactors. Yes they can make new parts, but they wouldn't be as good--as for the Lupus' arm, it wasn't completely destroyed, but ripped off. Presumably they salvaged it and reattached it with new parts, but I was under the impression that they wouldn't be quite as good as it what it originally had. Where's the statement saying that the Frame itself was no different from other mobile suit frames, material-wise?
E08, more or less the guy doing most of the community manual translations these days, had a paratranslariob a long time of the 1/100 Barbatos Form 6 manual noted it's the Twin Ahab part that's impossible to produce. I can re-read the manual to see the specifics later. To my knowledge, I think this is the only place where it's been mentioned?

http://mechatalk.net/viewtopic.php?p=381774#p381774

Quote:
Originally Posted by E08
I am not sure if this has being stated before, but the 1/100 6th form manual also mention that the current technology is unable to develop the Gundam Frame. Also, even in the Calamity War era, the twin Ahab Reactor frame is extremely difficult to produce.
Also in the HG Rex manual, it was noted that frame structure of Barbartos' arms were "reinforced and upgraded", so at a minimum the new parts introduced caused it to be slightly better than the original. The line wasn't even referring to the arms as a whole but just the frame of the arms.

I don't know whether the normal Gundam Frame limbs are as easy to produce as other frames or whether they are exactly the same but at the very least it's possible to make something that's superior.

This makes sense with other stuff we know about the Gundams. The Gundam's raw power comes from the Twin Reactors, which coincidently getting them to work in parallel is also noted on why "they are hard to maintain and not many were produced", which is another line that is repeated in many manuals and emphasizes the special uniqueness - and its accompanying the strengths and weaknesses - of the Twin Ahab.

The Gundam Frame does have some other plus points like it's versatility but this is also something that frames like the Rodi have. For me it makes perfect sense that the Twin Ahab part is the irreplaceable aspect of current technology given it's also the bane of engineers when it to maintanence of the Frame. It's as if everything that's technically difficult about the model links back to that specific system.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-03-01 at 14:43.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 02:22   Link #1656
Irenesharda

The info from the Kimaris Vidar manual reveals that its drill lance does indeed also have a built in Dainsleif. It uses special bullets that it stores in its shields. It uses a power unit connected to the sheild and you connect that and the lance together in order to operate it.

Its also stated that the Kimaris Vidar's appearance is actually its Calamity War appearance, the way it originally looked 300 years ago. At that time, the founder of the Bauduin family, fought in it, alongside Agnika in the Gundam Bael, in order to end the war.

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

- Major Kyosuke Hyobu

Last edited by Irenesharda; 2017-03-02 at 05:21. Reason: added images
Irenesharda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 03:52   Link #1657
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
The info from the Kimaris Vidar manual reveals that its drill lance does indeed also have a built in Dainsleif. It uses special bullets that it stores in its shields. It uses a power unit connected to the sheild and you connect that and the lance together in order to operate it.
Hah, I knew it. The moment I saw that small-lance-bullet on the kit, I knew that it's gonna be a (huge) problem for McG and co.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Irenesharda View Post
Its also stated that the Kimaris Vidar's appearance is actually its Calamity War appearance, the way it originally looked 300 years ago. At that time, the founder of the Bauduin family, fought in it, alongside Agnika in the Gundam Bael, in order to end the war.
Well, consider my mind blown, but also wonder on how "lacking" Bael is compared to Kimavi. Was Bael seriously only using dual-swords to fight the MAs?
Old 2017-03-02, 04:39   Link #1658
SonicSP
Sonic!I AM SONIC!!!!!

Send a message via MSN to SonicSP
Quote:
Well, consider my mind blown, but also wonder on how "lacking" Bael is compared to Kimavi. Was Bael seriously only using dual-swords to fight the MAs?
The alloy or material that is used to make frames and Deinsleifs ammo is always noted as "rare". Presumably there's only so many of those ammo they could make back then in a war situation where they also need to make mobile suits.

Using melee weapons to fight against mobile armor I reckon is a common sight especially since those are the best counter against Nanolaminate Armor besides Deinsleif. Mika has shown that its possible anyways when you're integrated enough and Bael likely had support with it.

Those golden swords of Bael and are special. It's made out an even rarer lost technology material with great cutting power.

Presumably one of the reasons why Bael was so revered was because Agnika was the best fighter among all of them and he likely achieved all that by being very integrated with Alaya-Vijnana perhaps at a far higher level than he rest. Would explain how that legend of his soul being there came about, because he was so attached that it was to a level where that it may be possible.

Last edited by SonicSP; 2017-03-02 at 04:51.
SonicSP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-03-02, 09:29   Link #1659
Faux Mecha
robot looks impractical

so as long the Twin Ahab reactors is still intact you can still build a Gundam from ground up even if the entire frame is destroyed? by giving it a whole new frame? considering they said that Ahab reactors were near indestructible so there is maybe a strong chance that the rest of the Gundams somehow survived the Calamity Wars even if they were reduced to either just a torso unit or the reactor themselves?, they were probably just gone missing, being scattered across the solar system either drifting in space, on some planet, on some moons or asteroids?
Old 2017-03-02, 13:48   Link #1660
NBG

Quote:
Originally Posted by SonicSP View Post
The alloy or material that is used to make frames and Deinsleifs ammo is always noted as "rare". Presumably there's only so many of those ammo they could make back then in a war situation where they also need to make mobile suits.

Using melee weapons to fight against mobile armor I reckon is a common sight especially since those are the best counter against Nanolaminate Armor besides Deinsleif. Mika has shown that its possible anyways when you're integrated enough and Bael likely had support with it.

Those golden swords of Bael and are special. It's made out an even rarer lost technology material with great cutting power.

Presumably one of the reasons why Bael was so revered was because Agnika was the best fighter among all of them and he likely achieved all that by being very integrated with Alaya-Vijnana perhaps at a far higher level than he rest. Would explain how that legend of his soul being there came about, because he was so attached that it was to a level where that it may be possible.
I thought baels swords were just reused grimgerde swords
NBG is offline   Reply With Quote