AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired A-L > Infinite Stratos

Notices

Old 2012-11-09, 08:57   Link #38081
agetreme
Just another Idiot

Question:

"Then you lick her $%^$$@# and drink her @#$@...."

The rest of the bird and bee talk is so disturbing that, unless you are into that sort of thing, no Sons or Daughters would ever dare to ask where babies come from neither would they even think about trying to make one ever again "

How bad do you think the "Sex-education" talk is?

Rate it on the scale of 1 to 10, 1 being meh and 10 being Cthulhu.

Need to make sure that it give off the "right" impression(extremely disturbing images)
Old 2012-11-09, 18:39   Link #38082
Eratas123

Only idiotic parents say that:/ Besides, sex ed is normal in most school's nowadays.
Old 2012-11-09, 21:21   Link #38083
agetreme
Just another Idiot

That parent is an idiot.....

It is supposed to sound so bad that I need to leave it to the audience's imagination to maximize the effect.

==
Old 2012-11-10, 02:42   Link #38084
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@eras: Nah, he's normally a goofy spaz. He just becomes like that when he's really driving himself to be someone's friend. Normally what he says doesn't even make sense.
demino_hellsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 10:17   Link #38085
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

In an attempt to give Athena re-write some sort of sub-plot:

Spoiler for Katami Shinken:

Comments or questions?
Old 2012-11-10, 10:21   Link #38086
demino_hellsin
That one guy

so magic and destiny route?
Old 2012-11-10, 10:35   Link #38087
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Destiny, yes. Magic, not quite.

The Katami Shinken is basically a sword that has been sealed in a way that it can only with great focus and patience can the user unsheathe the sword from its scabbard.

At this point, the Katami Shinken only serves as a minor plot seeing as Bouclier re-write is focused on drone stuffs. Sorta like a blinking distant light that would snatch your attention from the main plot from time to time.
Old 2012-11-10, 10:37   Link #38088
demino_hellsin
That one guy

You mention that the blade is sealed... how?

The only ways to seal swords from the stuff I've seen is chaining/tying them by the crossguard to the scabbard.
Old 2012-11-10, 11:01   Link #38089
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

The handguard extends slightly into the scabbard where there lies a very small latch. It's like a typical lock where the key and only the key can open it.

But instead of a key, the "latch" inside the scabbard is fashioned in a way that it cannot be unlocked by roughly pulling the hilt and the scabbard apart.

Only way to unsheathe the blade is to have the user focus and keep his mind at peace with hands on the scabbard and the hilt where he will be able to "feel" the latching mechanism inside the scabbard, allowing him to precisely separate the hilt from it and unsheathe the blade.

Sounds complicated but eeh... details.
Old 2012-11-10, 19:26   Link #38090
Eratas123

Anybody know where Senpai is?
Old 2012-11-10, 19:54   Link #38091
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@stratos: I will refrain from commenting in the future. I'm not sure if my head can take much more of it
Old 2012-11-10, 20:58   Link #38092
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

That feeling where you got everything sorted out in your mind but have difficulty explaining to other people.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:06   Link #38093
demino_hellsin
That one guy

The latch makes me wonder how big the scabbard should be
Old 2012-11-10, 21:19   Link #38094
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Aaaah no it's not literally a latch, damn my incorrect terms again.

Think of it as a maze that's engraved into the inside of the scabbard and there's a small stump attached to the base of the blade(where it meets the handguard) that goes inside the scabbard.

You have to "guide" that stump through the maze within the scabbard. That's where the precision focus comes in because the maze is INSIDE the scabbard.
Old 2012-11-10, 21:52   Link #38095
DarkJak2050

StratoSpear, how's the re-write coming along?
DarkJak2050 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-11-10, 21:54   Link #38096
demino_hellsin
That one guy

That makes less sense. That means you have to be able to wiggle the blade around. Scabbards are meant to make the blade stationary while sheathed so as to minimize damage to the blade during transport. It goes against the aesthetic of a sword piece made for art since the most appreciated part of it is its edge and luster which will degrade faster if you can move it around in the scabbard. This also decreases its efficiency as a weapon. The only thing I can think of is that the scabbard follows a certain line, so it's not that you won't be able to unsheathe it, it just makes drawing the blade more troublesome.

Only my opinion though, don't let it stop you.
Old 2012-11-10, 22:18   Link #38097
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by agetreme View Post
That's why they say write what you like.
And I did

Quote:
Originally Posted by StratoSpear View Post
Does anyone here knows roughly how the Fang Quake looks like?
Mostly similar to Shen Long in terms of Layout, except the Impact Cannon is replaced by mundane (but maybe still powerful) beam cannon, and the turbo backpack replaced by revolving rocket booster. (Multiple chamber per mounting axle)

Quote:
Originally Posted by demino_hellsin View Post
That makes less sense. That means you have to be able to wiggle the blade around. Scabbards are meant to make the blade stationary while sheathed so as to minimize damage to the blade during transport. It goes against the aesthetic of a sword piece made for art since the most appreciated part of it is its edge and luster which will degrade faster if you can move it around in the scabbard. This also decreases its efficiency as a weapon. The only thing I can think of is that the scabbard follows a certain line, so it's not that you won't be able to unsheathe it, it just makes drawing the blade more troublesome.

Only my opinion though, don't let it stop you.
From what I heard, it's less about strength and more like skill.

It's more like puzzle that you have to delicately remove by very slowly wiggle the blade as you pull it, as in, less than milliliter scale. Only people in Stratoverse can do such a precise feat without breaking the lock though...
Old 2012-11-10, 22:20   Link #38098
ZeroXSEED
I am no one

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eratas123 View Post
@ Senpai - IKaron draft.

Spoiler:
RULEBREAKING LULZ MODE!

This, this is the reason why I like this pairing so much. To much comedy gold never been as good as this.
Old 2012-11-10, 22:45   Link #38099
demino_hellsin
That one guy

@zero: Not sure if you're being sarcastic or supportive. Because the sarcasm seems to be dripping a bit too heavily if the former is the case.
Old 2012-11-10, 23:33   Link #38100
StratoSpear
Titans Test Team Pilot

Quote:
Originally Posted by DarkJak2050 View Post
StratoSpear, how's the re-write coming along?
Very slowly but moving.

Now that he mentioned it, maybe magic doesn't so bad after all.

Last edited by StratoSpear; 2012-11-10 at 23:52.
StratoSpear is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fanfic ideas, fanfiction, ff.net, harem, is fanfic, warning fanfic spoilers, wincest