AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2013-01-02, 22:04   Link #201
Mateus

O.o maybe I should save some of my money to use on MS points then to get the expansion
Old 2013-01-02, 22:57   Link #202
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Looks good...probably been disc lock from the start lol.
Old 2013-01-02, 23:46   Link #203
Velsy

I just remembered. Biggest question of them all

Why do I have to sleep in the inn, when I have my own house in Cassidia? Not to mention pay!

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-01-03 at 00:14.
Velsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-03, 00:49   Link #204
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Probably since the Arisen doesn't like it there and wants to live in a Inn. XD

Or

Later the Arisen's house will given to *spoilers* Selene, if you finish the witch quest.
Old 2013-01-03, 02:28   Link #205
Velsy

Yeah, I've past that point (quest?) in my game now. I have to say, Selene is my most favourit NPC so far (just ahead of Feste). I hope theres more to her now that shes a resident of my home <3.
Old 2013-01-05, 02:03   Link #206
Mateus

Just got my copy in the mail today. It feels like a combination between FFXII and Fable with the group combat and the free-roaming open sandbox gameplay element. Already I am enjoying tossing innocent bystanders off of the pier and off of clifftops /evil laugh
Old 2013-01-05, 09:24   Link #207
Velsy

Why is it just about all the forts in Dragon Dogma are all just about falling apart (some without gates even). If they are all in ruins, why cant we see more forts like the encampment, rather than having these *rest* spots that are open invitation to all kinds of monsters to wonder in.

I have a question about Julian.. didnt quite understand what he was doing that well. If I got it right. He was trying to make sure that the Duke didnt slay the dragon to prevent Gransys from gaining greater polictal power ? Is that it ? So in otherwords he was protecting his countries political power ?

I am level 55 now and I think ima about to fight the Dragon. The guy with the messed up face just got squashed. Had a pretty touching farewell with both Alinora and Madeleine the ex-shopkeeper :'(

Last edited by Velsy; 2013-01-05 at 09:37.
Old 2013-01-05, 09:41   Link #208
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

The story in Dragom's Dogma is... Well I won't say non-existent- poorly paced and lacking coherency doesn't even begin to describe it

To be fair it's partly to do with the open world setting that makes it hard to keep track, but mostly it's because they really don't have any good writers over at CAPCOM
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 02:35   Link #209
Velsy

Hmm well I really like games that are storyline driven. I thought Dragon Age was great, until the ending was poor <.< (not played the expansion or 2nd game)

I've killed the Male bandits to the West, and not long ago I noticed they *came* back to life O_o Same with the female bandits at a Road Gate up north. Is there a guy in the shadows giving out free wakestones or something?

but another odd thing. Is when I fought the Cockitice whos rampaging in Goren San, I reloaded twice because my main pawn died and it didnt help that I was fighting it at night so it was sorta hard to see. But I got it down to 1 dot and a bit and was making good progress. Then I swear it flew up and dissapeared (like I had fended it off) Then the quest update came up and told me to see the chamberlain. Which then he told me I slayed it.

I seriously thought it just flew off. But acording to him I killed it. Only way I think I could of killed it is if my Main pawn whos an ice mage. Hit it with her most powerful icespell and its health dissapeared before my eyes. She does that to cyclops's and Chimeras sometimes. but the wierdest thing is, I've checked my history of slain monsters, and I havent been able to find the cockitice listed. So now I am stumped. Did I really kill it ? or did it do like I thought and flew off?

Has this happened to anyone else ?
Old 2013-01-06, 19:03   Link #210
videoman190

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chaos2Frozen View Post
The story in Dragom's Dogma is... Well I won't say non-existent- poorly paced and lacking coherency doesn't even begin to describe it

To be fair it's partly to do with the open world setting that makes it hard to keep track, but mostly it's because they really don't have any good writers over at CAPCOM

OH so that why the story in Street Fighter IV and SF X T is so bad .
videoman190 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-06, 19:36   Link #211
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Well let's hope the dark arisen expansion helps out with the confusing story.

And yes been killing people as well in DD in my 3rd playthrough.
Old 2013-01-08, 01:52   Link #212
Velsy

Hmm well I finished the final battle with the Dragon. It was an interesting battle of chasing, then kept chipping away at his weak spot. Still find it anoying trying to graple mobs when the camera is moving all over the place :/ so it changed the direction constantly.

Spoiler for End of the game:
Old 2013-01-08, 15:02   Link #213
Velsy

I've spent the last 2 hours fighting the Dragon in the Everfall, I just cant kill it. I've got it to 1/4 of the final bar and its completely black now. I've been crawling all over it and no more red spots to aim at anymore. I get the feeling this a lost cause or I am not ment to kill it ?

The camera angles while climbing it are terrible too.
Old 2013-01-08, 18:03   Link #214
Mateus

I am seriously loving this game, and addicted to it. Thanks to this thread and the reviews I actually decided to get a copy and haven't regretted it so far. Some of the characters remind me of FFXII and the map/city style/layout reminds me of XII as well. But whenever I hit the pause menu and that eerie drone hits reminds me of Silent Hill 2 pause screen.
Old 2013-01-08, 19:35   Link #215
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoilers Julian

Spoiler:

And yes you can have a harem of girls and guys in your house when you wake up after a dragon fight with a new game + or more new game ++++
Old 2013-01-09, 03:14   Link #216
Velsy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenjiharima View Post
Spoilers Julian

Spoiler:
Julian/Mercedes
Spoiler:
Old 2013-01-09, 05:23   Link #217
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Spoiler for Julian:

After this little chit-chat might go back playing DD.
Old 2013-01-10, 09:59   Link #218
Kyero Fox
Tastes Cloudy

Apparently the top Pawnz are all girls. guess sex sells in DG too :P

Sorry but I'm not one to go to the top of the list and pull out some OP pawn to make the game easy.
Old 2013-01-19, 18:24   Link #219
Velsy

I've recently connected the ps3 throught my computer to gain internet. I was suprised when I put in the network cable and it just worked (thought I would have to fiddle around changing network settings)

So I've started a second game and wanted to try the online pawn system. But I dont really have get, or have much use for the RC points. Doesnt seem much use unless you want to hire pawns above your level, or buy masks from that old guy in the encampment.

Theres one thing I have analized for a while now.. And that is the land of Gransys. Let me say this, whoever was in charge of the concept of Gransys, should be fired. Not to mention there is only two towns and most of the forts/rest areas are a joke. But for a country Island, why isnt there a port ? A place were supplies and trade can come in and out from the mainland.

If you look at Gransys, they dont even have control over most of the Island, they are pretty much pinned in the west so supplies and trade would be even more vital. Cassadis is a fishing village, so they are capible of taking supply and trade, but as you can see, they mostly have docks and whalfs designed for fishing. Its alot better facilities than Gran Soren has and they would normally be more busyier if they doubled as a trade port.

Its been mentioned about poor storyline writing and I do agree. But also poor design of the land/country the game is held in. There doesnt seem much of a country at all, Gransys is riding on thin Ice. If Gran Soren was to suffer a calamity, the country is much screwed. No real other choice but to abandon the Island. They just dont have a firm hold and lack other villages/towns to support themselves.

Anyway thats just my thoughts on it. I wonder if anyone thought the same. I wonder what the mainland is like
Old 2013-01-20, 03:38   Link #220
kenjiharima
Mizore-chan

Iam more surprise they don't have horses and just walk.

Fast travel needs to be implemented if there is a Dragons Dogma 2.