AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Myself; Yourself

Notices

View Poll Results: Myself; Yourself - Episode 5 Rating
Perfect 10 14 16.87%
9 out of 10 : Excellent 36 43.37%
8 out of 10 : Very Good 21 25.30%
7 out of 10 : Good 8 9.64%
6 out of 10 : Average 3 3.61%
5 out of 10 : Below Average 0 0%
4 out of 10 : Poor 1 1.20%
3 out of 10 : Bad 0 0%
2 out of 10 : Very Bad 0 0%
1 out of 10 : Painful 0 0%
Voters: 83. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 2007-10-31, 17:18   Link #41
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hypernova View Post
By the looks of it most ppl in this thread are displaying typical symptoms of PSSDŽ (Post school-days stress disorder):

-Mentions of Nice boat.
-Assuming the worst for plot directions.
-Theorising that ppl got ppl killed directly or indirectly.

If you have more then half of the symptoms described about check out you local directories and contact your nearest psychologist.
Actually, this episode might foreshadow worse.

We get a crazy old lady and a fire.

I already asked for Sana and blood, but fire is good for one thing: Cooking.

Something bad happened with fire for Nanaka.

1. Her food got cooked. - Don't think this is the reason.
2. Her house got cooked - Might be part of the reason
3. Her parents got cooked - Quite possible

As for theories, Skyfall's is pretty good, and I think that might have happened.

Maybe the arsonist is the creepy old lady . Shuri and Asami could be in danger...

-Blog --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/ (Mainly about video games)
-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-31, 17:22   Link #42
Deathkillz
~ You're dead ^__^* ~
*Graphic Designer

Send a message via MSN to Deathkillz
im fearing the safety of nanaka more that shuri or asami tbh...the end of this ep has to be one of the most creepy things ive seen to date - something about the sound of a static TV i just dont like

Siggy: hohohohoho~ | AnimeHistory welcome to our blog ~ | Summer2009 early review
Under the radar series Summer2009: Kanamemo, GA Geijutsuka Art, NEEDLESS
Old 2007-10-31, 17:26   Link #43
Skyfall
Lost in my dreams...

Quote:
Originally Posted by monir View Post
I think what Saleh is trying to say that Nanaka's character is actually interesting. I pretty much have continued with this bloody show just for Nanaka's character. She is definitely generic just like every other character in every other show, but she has the appealing quality few of those character retain even though their character definition have been played out so many times. There was plenty of Nanaka in this episode and I'm content.

Few fanservice shots from me for ecchi-Skyfall, and all other fans of fanservice:

Spoiler for hot content: use extreme caution!:

Whooo yeah!
I am not exactly sure what i like in this show, but it sure works for me (but one thing i am certain about - it sure as bloody hell ain't Nanaka for me Asami can be sent my way any day though ). As i said - i don't consider the characters being stereotypical a flaw. their interactions are interesting and fun enough to draw me in. Lookie - i am not even being bothered by Aoi's voice anymore. I am enjoying it thus far, lets see what the introduction of the crazy old lady is going to bring forth
Old 2007-10-31, 17:26   Link #44
Manji Midou
Aimo ~ Tori no Hito

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Nanaka is a generic character, there is hardly anything innovative about her in general. The girls who harbor feelings for the guy and shoots angsty glares each time he is within the proximity of another girl (and unlikely to do anything about it) are dime a dozen. In fact, that goes for the whole cast - almost all of them are fairly generic.

Asami = the "too good to be true" girl
Aoi = not so bright moeblob
Hinako = the kid who doesn't want to be treated as one.
We have yet to see much of Asami's personality , except from bits here and there, until her character is developed a bit more...you can't label her that...Kaede comes to mind...poor, poor psychotic Kaede....you had me fooled yes you did....>_>;
Old 2007-10-31, 17:29   Link #45
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deathkillz View Post
im fearing the safety of nanaka more that shuri or asami tbh...the end of this ep has to be one of the most creepy things ive seen to date - something about the sound of a static TV i just dont like
I guess we can all agree that the old lady needs to be locked up.

The people in the Home already noticed her mental instability, but they aren't doing anything....

By the way, the cat is probably gone.There was the scene where the collar fell.
For watchers of School Days, there was a similar scene, just with a ribbon.

-R.I.P. Hiroshi Yamauchi, Gaming wouldn't have been the same without you (9/19/13)
Old 2007-10-31, 17:33   Link #46
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by serenade_beta View Post
I guess we can all agree that the old lady needs to be locked up.

The people in the Home already noticed her mental instability, but they aren't doing anything....

By the way, the cat is probably gone.There was the scene where the collar fell.
For watchers of School Days, there was a similar scene, just with a ribbon.
The cat lost its virginity?!?!
Old 2007-10-31, 17:38   Link #47
Itadakimasu!
tsun tsun lover

Send a message via MSN to Itadakimasu!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kang Seung Jae View Post
Nanako <3.

As for that last scene.... why do I have the feeling that there'll be attempts at a "sacrifice" ?
Yea ... I'm not sure if its because of the black cat, or the Ringu style direction, constant cutting between the TV and the woman...and then theres the story about human sacrifices...

or maybe its just me lol

Edit: What do you mean by the cat's gone? wasn't it sitting on that old witches lap ?

PS i bet its a plot to somehow resurrect that hag's granddaughter...

Last edited by Itadakimasu!; 2007-10-31 at 17:41. Reason: sudden epiphany
Old 2007-10-31, 17:54   Link #48
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by cors8 View Post
The cat lost its virginity?!?!
A cat is fine too...
Old 2007-10-31, 18:00   Link #49
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by Itadakimasu! View Post
Edit: What do you mean by the cat's gone? wasn't it sitting on that old witches lap ?
I meant the theory that the old lady buried the bird.

If she did bury the bird, the cat might be next. The ending scene has a falling collar.

Just a speculation.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
A cat is fine too...
A male cat and a psycho old lady... hmm...

Old 2007-10-31, 18:13   Link #50
◕‿‿◕

Send a message via AIM to AvatarST Send a message via MSN to AvatarST
Quote:
Originally Posted by komichi View Post
Generic isn't 'that' bad, I mean look at Yuuichi(sp?) from Kannon 06 and Tomoya from CLANNAD, they almost seems like the same guy. If there are way too many of Key's witty lead, then it'd be pretty boring for us too.
I really like both Yuuichi and Tomoya. But if there were too many of them then it'd be boring too, yeah.

I guess I just have 0 interest on the generic, nice, clueless guy. Sana's character seems to be deeper than that though (in truth, he hasn't really displayed any cluelessness yet), and not all generic male leads are bad either, only the most plain/one dimensional ones. There's quite a few out there without a personality and those are the ones that annoy me.

But of course it's something I can get past it and still enjoy a show. I don't have to like -everything-.

In any case, as I said, Sana seems to be alright. It's also enjoyable how Shuusuke isn't the typical comic relief sidekick either.

And of course, although the fact that Nanaka looks just like Tsugumi and has traces of her in her personality was what lured me in initially, after four episodes (haven't watched this one yet), I'm enjoying her character for who she is.

As for Asami she seems to be the typical nice girl. Aoi is the typical airhead, only with an ear piercing twist. They're both fun characters though, I like them .
Old 2007-10-31, 19:16   Link #51
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

Yuuichi and Tomoya are key guys so I wouldn't term them as generic, but like AvatarST I think if there were too many of them it would get boring. Although it would beat most of the generic dumb nice guys we get in romance shows.

@monir - ty for the pussy shot, it sated my ecchi quota for the day.

Is it my imagination or did this show get an SD injection this episode? Same thing happened with RM on epi 5 too. Not that I mind as I like the face change thing (thinking Minami-ke here)
Old 2007-10-31, 19:42   Link #52
holyman282
Snape: "I hate Potter!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by grey_moon View Post
I wonder is the old lady burying the bird and next the cat in each hill?
You know i got the same thought watching that, especially after that talk about how they use to bury humans alive under the hills to make people's wishes come true. I really makes me wonder because that scene, she's obviously staring at Nanaka, maybe thinking that if the cat and the bird doesn't work then she'll use a real human. It's also interesting to note that one of the hills is where the school is and you saw all those sakura trees in the OP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skyfall View Post
Based on Nanaka's fire flashback and her aversion to violin (and her living with her grandfather), i am guessing her house burned down, most likely taking the parents with it. How does the violin tie in to this ? Well, if i would have to guess i would say that, probably, the violin was left inside when Nanaka and folks escaped the burning house ... i can imagine Nanaka crying over her precious violin (i assume it was fairly important to her), thus making her parents go look for it ... and then the house collapsing or something to that extent, leaving the two trapped inside. Well, thats only my guess though.
Nice theory Skyfall, although i feel that the fire thing might involve Nanaka's uncle in some way, cause if you notice the OP scenes, we see the young Nanaka then suddenly given the scene where there's a fire and a person with long hair standing in front of it.. The sillouhette reminds me of Nanaka's uncle.

The SanaxNanaka moment had me wondering, if Hinako hadn't interrupted were they going to kiss. You saw the scene before they quickly moved away, their face was pretty close to each other. It almost looked like they were going to kiss.
Old 2007-10-31, 21:27   Link #53
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Maybe this was mentioned before and i missed it. But has Nanaka always been in the care of her Uncle?
Old 2007-10-31, 21:34   Link #54
cors8
Kuu-chan is hungry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sinestra View Post
Maybe this was mentioned before and i missed it. But has Nanaka always been in the care of her Uncle?
It seems that she started living with her uncle sometime after Sana left town.
Old 2007-10-31, 22:01   Link #55
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Thanks cors8 that just confirmed a few things for me.

Well this episode had quite a bit of Nanaka which im sure all her fans were oozing over. Though i feel Nanaka is a typical character with no characteristics we have not seen before, her history is what interest me most.

Several of us theorized that there was a reason why we had not seen Nanaka play the violin as of yet, which of course seemed odd given the promise that she would complete the song she wrote for Sana just before he left town. Till now no one has asked Nanaka to play the violin, what happened when someone did? and that someone being our resident blockhead Sana. We get her freaking out Shuri making a weird face and flashes of fire from Nanaka. So from what we can gather now yes Nanaka did have a traumatic experience after Sana left. Also, Aoi Shuu and Shuri all know what happened but have kept quiet.

Now the old lady i will say was very damn creepy especially the end with the static from the tv, her petting that BLACK CAT and watching Nanakas dance on tv. Add the fact that the other worker at the home said that at one point the old hag disappeared and when she came back she was covered in mud and dirt put all those things together and you have some crazy shit like from the Grudge. Unfournetly, I can not get too excited about these turn of events because of the way it was presented. How many times have we seen the oh my god you look like my dead daughter, mother, sister, brother dog, cat whatever it just so happens this time it was a grandchild. This plot device has been used frequently so its far from creative.

Regardless i gave the episode an 8 since the whole story is just fun and the characters are somewhat interesting to watch now if only we could tear Aoi's vocal cords from her body.
Old 2007-10-31, 23:02   Link #56
CrisisDarkerXIV

Gah! Pretty nice episode.

Spoiler for scenes:

Can't wait until all the secrets behind the cheerful faces will unfold.
Old 2007-10-31, 23:24   Link #57
grey_moon
Yummy, sweet and unyuu!!!

I bet the old lady is just a fan of Moyashimon and she got the bird, but realised that she would never be able to get a seal (warus?) so decided to use a cat instead
Old 2007-11-01, 00:15   Link #58
Major1138

Good episode - we learn a little bit more about Nanaka and a crazy old lady shows up. I'd have to agree with the theories that Nanaka's past involves some tragedy involving fire and her parents. It's interesting that everyone but Sana seems to know about it (which makes a certain degree of sense, since it appears to have happened after he left), but no one wants to tell him what happened. Maybe they think he'll take it badly, or maybe they don't want to upset Nanaka - she did have quite the panic attack over the whole violin thing.

The whole plot with the old lady and legend of the sakura trees is creepy as hell. It's pretty strongly implied that she buried something (the bird!) since she had the muddy hands, and the ending of the episode strongly implies the cat is toast as well. The fact that Nanaka looks an awful lot like her dead granddaughter is equally as creepy, although the whole "human sacrifice" storyline is a huge shift in tone from the first few episodes, which was pretty much a better-than-expected variation of the usual high-school romance themes.

One thing I did like about this episode, and the series in general, was how the main group of characters seem to get along (discomfort between Nanaka and Sana aside), and none of them are completely retarded. Sana is apparently very oblivious when it comes to Nanaka's feelings, but he seems to mean well, and hasn't done anything completely boneheaded (although he should have given Nanaka the plush toy!). I did like how when Shuusuke challenged him to the rifle shooting game, Sana basically told him "game on!!!!" instead of whining about it.

Next episode seems like another big jump in tone from this one. My guess is that Hinako is going to try playing house with Sana (much to his dismay it seems) in order to try and learn how to be "mature" so that Shuusuke won't see her as a little kid anymore. Obviously Sana will find himself in many compromising situations, and Aoi will freak out.
Old 2007-11-01, 00:54   Link #59
Grimkill7
Inattentive Dreamer

Nanaka and Sana both seem to have troubled pasts. Therefore they are both damaged goods and perfect for each other
Old 2007-11-01, 01:29   Link #60
serenade_beta
そのおっぱいで13才

Quote:
Originally Posted by holyman282 View Post
Nice theory Skyfall, although i feel that the fire thing might involve Nanaka's uncle in some way, cause if you notice the OP scenes, we see the young Nanaka then suddenly given the scene where there's a fire and a person with long hair standing in front of it.. The sillouhette reminds me of Nanaka's uncle.
I thought it resembled him too, ever since he appeared in episode 1.

Maybe...

He caused the fire?!
And he saw Nanaka who witnessed the crime and forced her to shut up or else.
And shutting up caused her to become the way she is. *sniff*<--- Over-dramatization

Closed Thread