AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Light Novels

Notices

Old 2018-07-19, 08:41   Link #701
Ultragunner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
when my source of info on her is outright calling her a bitch for how petty she's being towards her competition(the basis for my comparison to houki, not her being abusive to hayato), i'm going to stick by said comparison

Spoiler for non relevant:

@thread i've said this countless times before, an author should never tease a harem he has no intention of going full harem. its a waste of page time that could of been spent on plot or fleshing out the otp, as well as an excuse to not make any actual romantic progress till the end. an otp end is not bad in itself, but one spawned from a false harem always ends up feeling cheap
yay, we have found another “bro”? #illya4life
anyway, couldn’t have said better myself

classic harem where there is an OTP is not bad in itself, but to tease a harem ending WHILE pushing for the “main” heroine is simply the worst

not to mention, such couple are the “OTP” not because they have the best chemistry, but simply due the fact that the author give the “main” heroine way more screen time than the others
Old 2018-07-19, 08:48   Link #702
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

@kidstandout
Still wrong.
Old 2018-07-19, 08:54   Link #703
RDNexus

Excuse me... Who's that Illya?
RDNexus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 09:35   Link #704
Stro

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Excuse me... Who's that Illya?
That is offtopic and she is a character from Magika no Kenshi to Shoukan Vasreus.

So in the end HayatoxClaire was a bait?
Stro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 10:19   Link #705
Estzero1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stro View Post
So in the end HayatoxClaire was a bait?
Unclear if you ask me. All the seeds are there. If it's leads to nothing in the end then yes. If not, then there is a chance that Claire can be part of x.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 10:45   Link #706
Taekan
JP->EN Translator (Kinda)

More like, why even bother trying to do a harem from the beginning when you just want to pair the MC with "main heroine"? if that really happens.

Why do you introduce so many female characters on the story, if they aren't going to have a proper screen time to get closer with the main character?

Or if you do that, then don't make them fall in love with the MC. I hate when authors do that, I've saw that so many times in manga and other sources... I think it has to be something from Japan I think.

Have you seen when series have a terrible ending? This might be one of those. I hope to be wrong, I really do, but don't sell me something that it's not.

I watched this anime and got interested in it because of the "harem".
I know this reply sounds "hateful" but I'm so disappointed right now.
Old 2018-07-19, 10:53   Link #707
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Location: 1st Ra Cailum-class battleship Ra Cailum, port-side officer's bunks
You guys are way, way late to be whining about an OTP ending in a harem series. These have been happening for many years.
Old 2018-07-19, 11:16   Link #708
RDNexus

Erm...isn't this another case of either the author or the editor pushing for several female characters for the sake of pandering to specific fetishists?
Le Imouto, Le Onee-san, Le Ojou-sama, Le Genki Girl, Le Yamato Nadeshiko, Le Milf, etc...
Either if a harem is fake or real, as long as those archetypes make an appearance, there's a chance of the audience growing larger.
And that's their intent, to get as many "customers" as possible
Old 2018-07-19, 11:23   Link #709
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by xrick View Post
Erm...isn't this another case of either the author or the editor pushing for several female characters for the sake of pandering to specific fetishists?
This one barely counts as harem since the series started because Emilia got ahead of Clair and entered a relationship with MC. At best it will end with 2 girls.
Old 2018-07-19, 11:35   Link #710
staplesdex2

The Author could have at least did it like Rakudai did. It went the OTP route way early in the series.
staplesdex2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 11:40   Link #711
RDNexus

But then, it might have a smaller readership. Don't forget they wanna sell, so they may try as much as they can.
Old 2018-07-19, 11:43   Link #712
KnightShade

@kuro then the fault is with amtros spoilers

@shinji doesnt stop it from being any less shitty of a writing crutch.
Old 2018-07-19, 11:45   Link #713
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

You came to that idea yourself.
Old 2018-07-19, 11:47   Link #714
KnightShade

And i stand by it until you wanna cut the vauge snark and debate otherwise
Old 2018-07-19, 17:56   Link #715
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidstandout View Post
@shinji doesnt stop it from being any less shitty of a writing crutch.
This is opinion, not fact. Too many people are forgetting that lately on this forum. You don’t like it? That’s fine. Doesn’t make it “shitty,” though.
Old 2018-07-19, 18:48   Link #716
KnightShade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinji103 View Post
This is opinion, not fact. Too many people are forgetting that lately on this forum. You don’t like it? That’s fine. Doesn’t make it “shitty,” though.
*translation: i have no argument against the sentiment in the thread so i gotta strawman*
Quote me on where i said my post was a fact lmao. You think otherwise, that’s cool, but if you dont care enough to defend your position , dont play the subjectivity card. It’s a forum, People aren’t going to put IMO after every assessment.
Old 2018-07-19, 18:59   Link #717
Shinji103
Crazy Devout Fanboy

*sigh* I can do translations too. Your stance translates to “I can’t stand anyone disagreeing with me so I’ll personally attack him instead of being a decent person.”
Also, you started stepping out of the boundaries of opinion when you started attacking the author by calling it “shitty writing.”

And so here we go. Again. Another thread, another hater who can’t stand the story not going his/her way or someone disagreeing with him/her so he/she resorts to direct attacks instead of maintaining decency. I didn’t defend my position because I don’t need to; you don’t like the way the romance is working out, but others do and that’s that. And also because I didn’t want to get into a long-winded debate.

But since you’re bypassing the debate entirely and going straight to insults, I’ll just leave you alone to be miserable hating this title.
Old 2018-07-19, 19:19   Link #718
Estzero1

Quote:
you don’t like the way the romance is working out, but others do and that’s that.
To his defense, I would assume nobody here likes this development, because we all know that Claire is the better character. We just want a change, since this was destined from the start on to be at least a threeway. Like I said before, it isn't over yet. And if you throw everything over board then deconstruct it a suitable way so that there is logic behind it.

What does Hayato think about this whole situation. What is his opinion about any other females besides Emilia. Since the other girls have no reason why they shouldn't chase him, there is also the possibility that it will end open endish. Considering the series as a whole better as OTP imo.

What´s the answer to everything ?
Estzero1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 20:02   Link #719
Kuroageha
Mystic Musician

Quote:
Originally Posted by Estzero1 View Post
To his defense, I would assume nobody here likes this development, because we all know that Claire is the better character. We just want a change, since this was destined from the start on to be at least a threeway. Like I said before, it isn't over yet. And if you throw everything over board then deconstruct it a suitable way so that there is logic behind it.

What does Hayato think about this whole situation. What is his opinion about any other females besides Emilia. Since the other girls have no reason why they shouldn't chase him, there is also the possibility that it will end open endish. Considering the series as a whole better as OTP imo.
Don't count me in, I don't like counting chickens before they hatch.
This development IMO has no room for open ending because that would need to have Emilia and Hayato break up or have them die, as long as they live they'll be together.
Being in an official relationship Emilia has the right to be jealous and show she is his gf however she even knows that their cirmunstances(she and Claire) and feelings aren't that different. So far he(Hayato) is aware and himself is stopping/avoiding scenes of showing off in front Claire showing concience regarding her feelings, their insecurities makes them flawed and more appealing for me. Also the illusion served a purpose, that pain she felt during the illusion is what Claire feels when she sees them together.

Last edited by Kuroageha; 2018-07-19 at 20:16. Reason: Added line
Kuroageha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-07-19, 20:14   Link #720
KnightShade

Quote:
*sigh* I can do translations too. Your stance translates to “I can’t stand anyone disagreeing with me so I’ll personally attack him instead of being a decent person.”
Also, you started stepping out of the boundaries of opinion when you started attacking the author by calling it “shitty writing.”

And so here we go. Again. Another thread, another hater who can’t stand the story not going his/her way or someone disagreeing with him/her so he/she resorts to direct attacks instead of maintaining decency. I didn’t defend my position because I don’t need to; you don’t like the way the romance is working out, but others do and that’s that. And also because I didn’t want to get into a long-winded debate.

But since you’re bypassing the debate entirely and going straight to insults, I’ll just leave you alone to be miserable hating this title.
When did i attack you? Your strawman is showing. my translation serves to point out the daft nature of your logic, but in no way is that a personal attack on your character. Identifying a writing pitfall and attacking a writer are two different things.

...You literally have no actual point to make then do you?

Again, where have i insulted you? Know the difference between a critique of your post and an offense/insult.

Tags
ecchi, harem, harem bait, no harem, otp