AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2013-06-14, 21:34   Link #481
Midonin
Last Engage

Samurai Bride 11 - Emi-nence

Lots of stuff going on this week. The incomplete senses motif with the Dark Samurai was something I kind of, but not really, didn't catch until now. It would explain why Inko has such a small presence among the group. Also really glad to have Keiji back, and with her hair re-pinked. She's got her vibrancy back! Not to mention that even Nia and Gisen got some battle action, too. Everyone had at least one moment this week. And no matter how tense the show may get, Gutsugutsu is always there to break the tension with her obstinance. Being comic relief really is what she does best.

I was kinda surprised that the only way Muneakira could break the chain (the time is now, starting now...) was by willpower. Of course, nobody ever told him he could either, and his ki was insufficient to make it happen, plus it provides a narrative reason for him to have gone through all that training... okay, I'll let it slide. This episode also reminded me of something else I like about this show - the sumi-e visual style looks wonderful when used in action scenes. All the ink splattering everywhere, the kinetic energy of the fight scenes. It reminds me that if Kajiri Kamui Kagura (which I bring up once again) had an anime, it would probably look something like this.

I do wonder what a Samurai Bride actually looks like. If it means Jubei (of course it's going to be Jubei) kicking ass in a wedding dress, then I am all for it.
Midonin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-14, 22:56   Link #482
SQA

So... this was always Sentai series then. Now, it all makes sense!

Best looking Sentai series ever!
SQA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 04:07   Link #483
bumbayker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Midonin View Post
I do wonder what a Samurai Bride actually looks like. If it means Jubei (of course it's going to be Jubei) kicking ass in a wedding dress, then I am all for it.
I think we're pretty sure how it would look like. It was already spoiled by HJ when they announced S2.
bumbayker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-15, 09:05   Link #484
Midonin
Last Engage

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumbayker View Post
I think we're pretty sure how it would look like. It was already spoiled by HJ when they announced S2.
I wasn't actively trying to put two and two together on this one, so I wouldn't have figured it out unless I was told.
Old 2013-06-15, 10:20   Link #485
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

That preview... are they going to (fake) kill Juubei again?
Old 2013-06-15, 12:17   Link #486
Drkz
( ゚∀゚)アハハ八八ノヽノヽノヽノ \ / \/

I'm just happy the final boss wasn't a giant blob. I wonder if they'll tell us who the voice for the giant blob is. Hopefully it won't be black and white again... with a ova that adds color.
Old 2013-06-15, 13:38   Link #487
SQA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
That preview... are they going to (fake) kill Juubei again?
At least until the BluRays come out? Wouldn't surprise me!
Old 2013-06-15, 21:59   Link #488
azenable
President of TecoT

i hope the going blob is Oda Nobunaga
azenable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-16, 05:43   Link #489
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
Muneakira may have the bride that's worth is equal to seven dazzlin, hot, battle chicks.... That enough... I could say... I'm the Lord of the Babes...
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-19, 14:39   Link #490
EroKing

NSFW
Tokugawa Sen
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?
Old 2013-06-21, 17:39   Link #491
Newhope

Oh well it's over very disappointing too be honest a big step backwards compared too the frist season, so I'd give it a 5/10 overall.

Last edited by Newhope; 2013-06-21 at 17:49.
Newhope is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-21, 21:33   Link #492
Midonin
Last Engage

Samurai Bride The Final - A Lucky Sound

So it is true, the Samurai Bride was revealed before even the title, but because nobody pointed it out until now (and I thank you for that), I was still mostly surprised by Jubei assuming the form in the final episode. It appears to be part kitsune, part Amulet Fortune, and part Kamen Rider Nadeshiko. The second one mostly from the ribbons appearing on Jubei's blade during the transformation sequence. Once again, this show has some great action, and one of the best visual styles I've seen in an anime series. The art style of the world and the characters really stands out.

While Gisen didn't do much (only hinting for a theoretical third season), everyone else got their arcs largely resolved, including Inko and Musashi. Taking on the season as a whole, the maid cafe and the second half after Keiji shows up are pretty different, but they work as a whole. The maid cafe allows for some fanservice and character moments, and the latter expands the mythos - which might not have worked as well if we hadn't spent that time being introduced and reintroduced to the characters. It gave a reason for Musashi to be friendly in her competition, and established bonds that would be important later on, with Gutsugutsu/Sasuke being one of the first ones that come to mind.

As far as quasi-magical girl shows go, it's a solid piece of work. The characters are enjoyable, the fanservice is fine (Matabei's butt work is great), and even the censorship feels natural. It's good entertainment, and I'm glad it got a chance for a second go-round. Just wish there were character songs for this season, especially since we have a mini HTT reunion. A solid example of what I watch anime for.
Old 2013-06-21, 22:58   Link #493
SQA

A fox-eared, rocket propelled Juubei. That's just awesome.

And no troll death ending, either! Gutsugutsu is immortal!
Old 2013-06-21, 23:35   Link #494
Om Nerabdator
~Maru~

....another lame season of samurai blade comes to an end, its a damn shame they have a great premise to make an excellent anime but they ruined it again, by having maid cafes, and evil ghosts.

Lets hope third times a charm
Old 2013-06-22, 00:29   Link #495
msg

Good job Kobun! Not much for me to comment about the ending .I'm just happy that they animate this.Looking forward for the Ovas and (probably) season 3

...ano Jyuubei actually got a wolf's ear, not a fox ear.That honour for having a fox ear belong to this girl

Spoiler for fox eared kunoichi:
Old 2013-06-22, 00:50   Link #496
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
I lol'ed hard at Maeda feeling up Juubei's ass.

Fantastic finale, especially the 2nd half. Inko-chan, I miss you.
Old 2013-06-22, 01:05   Link #497
Nvis
Where are the good animes

Dark Samurai aren't gone forever, are they?

Inko & Musashi were hinting a comeback....
Nvis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-06-22, 03:16   Link #498
Mizuno
Undefined

Send a message via MSN to Mizuno
NSFW:

http://www.getchu.com/anime/hyakka-ryoran/

Top right.

Sorry, I don't think I can contain myself anymore.
Old 2013-06-22, 10:15   Link #499
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Juubei's samurai bride form was pretty nice. I had already seen it but I thought it was a fusion of Juubei and Gisen (because of the white air and the thigh-highs)

Not a bad season but it would have been a lot better. Too much fanservice and not enough plot and character development. It should have been more balanced.
Old 2013-06-23, 22:34   Link #500
NoemiChan
Banned

Send a message via Yahoo to NoemiChan
I need a Muneakira x Juubei... Honeymoon OVA....
NoemiChan is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
ecchi, harem