AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2017-04-23, 02:48   Link #461
Jerseykid

I hope Sota is going to have more impact soon. I get all upset when the everyone but the MC is doing more
Jerseykid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 03:13   Link #462
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseykid View Post
I hope Sota is going to have more impact soon. I get all upset when the everyone but the MC is doing more
What exactly the impact you are expecting?
The MC has contributed a lot than people thought if MC is so useless than Selestia would never met her creator now.
I swear people are blindfolded to branded MC being useless just because his wimpy protagonist archetype.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 03:14   Link #463
RDNexus

@.nicky, I think I read somewhere that you may be new to Anime in general.
Here's some relevant advices to you:
1. Try to keep your attention at all times. Hints, references, small details and such may show up out of nowhere.
2. When having doubts, ask nicely and don't throw your theories, criticisms without being totally sure. It can easily trigger other members.
3. You'd better waste a few minutes or such doing some Google searches when picking a story to watch/read, since relevant information might have been given to the public beforehand. This is more relevant when it comes to Anime.

Re:Creators is being a great story. The problem is that, for casual watchers, it may not mean much because it throws quite the nice amount of references that only regular watchers may catch on.

I noticed Souta had been quite silent for most of the episode. He already mentioned being a spectator of these events, at best, so it's to no surprise if he stays in the sidelines until the plot puts him back into the spotlight. But, despite what he said, he's no mere spectator, he really seems to be the bonafide MC of the story, since MUP has a sort of connection to him.
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 03:28   Link #464
_Ninja_

Sota wants to be a creator and Selesia is even encouraging him. But if you knew your creations could be literally alive somewhere would you even be ok with making anything. Anything other than a paradise where everyone is happy.
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 03:42   Link #465
RDNexus

The human mind can be quite funny sometimes.
Even knowing there's the potential of something dangerous being created, you can bet there are those eager to take the risk or simply don't care.
RDNexus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 03:56   Link #466
Alf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flower View Post
I just had a crazy idea ... what if the girl who killed herself is herself a creation of the MC but who somehow "broke the fourth wall" and created the MUP as a revenge of sorts against those who "took her place of interest" in the MC's interests by creating something that could annihilate and control the whole context of creativity in general?
That's an interesting idea....In that case, the girl needs to know Souta by setting, and has a will to rebel against her creator. What she did was to write something about Souta himself(so he is part of the world she created) and also created Himegimi to execute that revenge, providing her with the power to break fourth wall. It becomes a paradox that while the girl is Souta's creation, there is another Souta being her creation, who in turn created the girl....Logicially it's like two mirrors facing each other having infinite reflections but there is always an original. That's a possibility and may be we're just looking at one of the reflections.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenish Growth View Post
They never did say what happened to Charon in the first episode. Did he get pulled away somewhere too? I've been wondering about that. It sounded like MUP did something to him.
In the original text she said: "It's not your campanions who have vanished. You are the one." So I guess she didn't do anything to Charon.
Alf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 04:07   Link #467
DragonXX

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
So apparently Rei has been trying to get this anime made for YEARS and it was originally meant to be an original story featuring characters from various real works including Fate and be a battle royal.

The reason it failed? The different creators kept bickering over which one of their characters was going to win it and how the story should go.

Oh well.

Saber VS Mikoto never.
Is this true or are you just being funny because this would most likely happen and a list of creators and characters who were going to be in this original story.

If this was answer somewhere before hand I didn't see it because I just gotted here.
DragonXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 04:16   Link #468
Culaio

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Ninja_ View Post
Sota wants to be a creator and Selesia is even encouraging him. But if you knew your creations could be literally alive somewhere would you even be ok with making anything. Anything other than a paradise where everyone is happy.
This is good question, also imagine you are creator of very dark story where a lot of innocent people die, what would you do when you find out everything horrible thing that happen in that world happen because of you...

what would you do if you were creator of berserk or black bullet(there are many more but those two are first ones to come to my mind)...
Culaio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 04:18   Link #469
xSauriaNx
The Tribe King's Ride

Damn this anime gives me hope for the Spring Season... tbh, others aside from some few are disappointing enough to drop from the very first ep...

Damn, this show reminds me of Kamen Rider Ryuki (Not Fate :P). Chosen ones from different lives(series+media) are present for a some unknown cause not stated yet in the show.

Tbh, I thought this was going to be some another kind of wimpy-looking MC whose existence in the story is like a damn fish bone stuck to the throat. He's not though, wimpy-looking as he might be, he seems to represent a huge weight in the show. And I like that. I want characters to have some good weight in the show but that's just my personal preference and it will not carry any weight whatsoever...

Overall, I'm quite excited for this one. Now going to the charas:

Spoiler for Charas:

Now for a bit of theory:
Spoiler for a bit of theory:

Every step I make signals the arrival of my KING!
xSauriaNx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 04:32   Link #470
Diluc
Darkhero of Monstadt

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragonXX View Post
Is this true or are you just being funny because this would most likely happen and a list of creators and characters who were going to be in this original story.

If this was answer somewhere before hand I didn't see it because I just gotted here.
I am glad he went with this direction, it would be a total chaos by using real fanfiction work. Nobody want to see their characters lose plus the story will be so convoluted to follow due of every authors ego, real fanfiction battle royal the best to implemented at game format like Marvel vs Capcom.
Diluc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 05:15   Link #471
_Ninja_

Quote:
Originally Posted by cabman11 View Post
So apparently Rei has been trying to get this anime made for YEARS and it was originally meant to be an original story featuring characters from various real works including Fate and be a battle royal.

The reason it failed? The different creators kept bickering over which one of their characters was going to win it and how the story should go.

Oh well.

Saber VS Mikoto never.
I shudder to imagine the fans bickering over that...
_Ninja_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 05:21   Link #472
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Is it just me or is Sawano Hiroyuki's really stagnating?The OST of this series is just a complete rehash of his old work.Not only that,in my opinion,it's feels awkward and out of sync with the atmosphere of the series?
Avrorrange is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 05:38   Link #473
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moe Connection View Post
Is it just me or is Sawano Hiroyuki's really stagnating?The OST of this series is just a complete rehash of his old work.Not only that,in my opinion,it's feels awkward and out of sync with the atmosphere of the series?
The OP is fantastic. And, yes, I've heard other works from Sawano.
Old 2017-04-23, 05:49   Link #474
Obelisk ze Tormentor
Black Steel Knight

Quote:
It does sounds similar to Aldnoah and (to an extend) Kabaneri & Seraph. His composition for Titans & Kill la Kill is still pretty unique though. So far, his absolute masterpiece (for anime) is still his work in Gundam Unicorn. IIRC that was the work that made his name as big as it is now in anime industry (those who like Sawano's works should check it out). Idk, maybe he's not in the mood to be extra creative for this project and opted for being servicable since he also worked on Titans 2 this season and Blue Exorcist last season .
Old 2017-04-23, 05:53   Link #475
ReddyRedWolf

Interesting theory cropped up. Sota hasn't met MUP before but she has met him before... Or a least a fictional version of himself.

Theory is Setsuna created MUP and in her story Sota was in it.

This could be why Sota a Creator was able to travel to Celesia's world. As MUP was there.

What did Sota call himself? A narrator. Narrators can also be characters.

Sota became a pseudo-self insert character who gets drawn to MUP's shenanigans even if she doesn't want it as that is how her narrative goes.

Now if this is the case there is still the possibility MUP is a self insert reincarnation of Setsuna.
ReddyRedWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 06:01   Link #476
IceHism

Quote:
I find that music composers and artists in Japan don't stray too much from their image. Maybe once in a while, they will release something experimental but most of the time, they do something similar to what they have done before. Sawano, just like Kajiura, basically got typecasted.
IceHism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2017-04-23, 06:03   Link #477
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by Obelisk ze Tormentor View Post
It does sounds similar to Aldnoah and (to an extend) Kabaneri & Seraph. His composition for Titans & Kill la Kill is still pretty unique though. So far, his absolute masterpiece (for anime) is still his work in Gundam Unicorn. IIRC that was the work that made his name as big as it is now in anime industry (those who like Sawano's works should check it out). Idk, maybe he's not in the mood to be extra creative for this project and opted for being servicable since he also worked on Titans 2 this season and Blue Exorcist last season .
Quote:
Originally Posted by magnuskn View Post
The OP is fantastic. And, yes, I've heard other works from Sawano.
The OP is alright,but like Obelisk said,the OST in general is a mixture of stuff from Aldnoah Zero,Kabaneri and Seraph.

I found the music in battles in particular to be out of sync with the series.The battles weren't exactly something were the characters absolutely have to win or something extremely bad would happen,but for some reason they are playing Kabaneri/Shingeki no Kyojin type of music which only really works exactly because of the seriousness of those two series and Re:Creator is no where as serious or as dark as those two.
Old 2017-04-23, 06:09   Link #478
magnuskn

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReddyRedWolf View Post
Interesting theory cropped up. Sota hasn't met MUP before but she has met him before... Or a least a fictional version of himself.

Theory is Setsuna created MUP and in her story Sota was in it.

This could be why Sota a Creator was able to travel to Celesia's world. As MUP was there.

What did Sota call himself? A narrator. Narrators can also be characters.

Sota became a pseudo-self insert character who gets drawn to MUP's shenanigans even if she doesn't want it as that is how her narrative goes.

Now if this is the case there is still the possibility MUP is a self insert reincarnation of Setsuna.
That's a pretty good hypothesis, I'd say. The power of fan-fiction or even unpublished original fiction is as of yet unexplored in the series.
Old 2017-04-23, 06:12   Link #479
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
His style has not changed much yes but I still find it nice though. Although the grandidose music is a bit hilarious in....magical girl combat lol (KLK doesn't count since KLK is meant to be over the top)
Old 2017-04-23, 06:27   Link #480
Avrorrange
Basileus Basileōn

Quote:
Originally Posted by IceHism View Post
I find that music composers and artists in Japan don't stray too much from their image. Maybe once in a while, they will release something experimental but most of the time, they do something similar to what they have done before. Sawano, just like Kajiura, basically got typecasted.
Maybe Kajiura's better at hiding it than Sawano,but personally,I have never found Kajiura's stuff to be repetitive. Sawano's stuff on the other hand is something that can easily be spotted.

Tags
fantasy, mahou shoujo, mecha, sci-fi, summoning