AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > Video Games

Notices

Old 2011-05-29, 19:47   Link #1
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Send a message via AIM to Tsuyoshi Send a message via MSN to Tsuyoshi
Assassin's Creed: Revelations

The teaser trailer came out in Italy so I felt it was now appropriate to make a new thread for it:

Judging by the last bit of text, I'm guessing that we're gonna find out everything about what went on with the first civilization, how Minerva's and Juno's people came to be on Earth and how they died out after recreating mankind. Judging by the trailer, we'll definitely get to see more of Altair, although the strange thing is that he appears among the soldiers that Ezio is fighting, so there's a lot more going on than we're thinking. Another strange thing is how the animus interface turns black, so I'm wondering if that has something to do with Desmond and his mental stability.

And to import something I wrote about the game from the Brotherhood thread:

Spoiler for Altair's end of the story:

Spoiler for Ezio's side of the story according to the wiki:

Last edited by Tsuyoshi; 2011-06-01 at 06:49. Reason: Updated trailer and Ezio's story
Tsuyoshi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-05-30, 12:35   Link #2
Kaze
「Darkly Charismatic 」
*Artist

Cannot wait for November!!
Old 2011-06-05, 00:45   Link #3
Cyz
"Show it to me"

So is this for sure that it will be the final saga for AC or is it just another chapter of Ezio's story?
Currently Watching:
-- too lazy to put it together --
~~~~~
Current sig:
Takanashi Rikka from
Chuunibyou Demo Koi ga Shitai!
~~~~
Big thanx to Patchy for the sig
Cyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 02:19   Link #4
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

The game wasn't christened "Assassin's Creed III" (even before the arrival of AC:B, the game producers were very clear that they would systematically increment the version number once they jump to a different descendant of Desmond's bloodline), indicating this isn't the final installment of the saga - assuming they'll stop at three arcs.

Revelations, as the trailer suggested, is just the conclusion of Ezio and Altair's tales.

Last edited by Renegade334; 2011-06-05 at 02:35.
Renegade334 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 02:35   Link #5
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

If Ezio's timeline already reached this period of history, one can only wonder which timeline Assassin's Creed 3 will be, if there will ever be one. Also, as far as I see, this upcoming title could be the finale of all the lore the game presented to us so far. But, it's Ubisoft we're talking about, they could figure out a way to extend the story further

Anyway, can't wait for this one. I just hope it will still come out in PC.
Old 2011-06-05, 02:40   Link #6
Larthak
♪ ~ ♫
*Artist

Send a message via ICQ to Larthak Send a message via MSN to Larthak
Loving how they made Ezio age through AC2, Brotherhood and Revelations. He looks utterly badass with that greyish beard of his right now.

Brotherhood was an impressive improvement over AC2, so I'm looking forward to what they have in store for us.
Old 2011-06-05, 05:14   Link #7
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
If Ezio's timeline already reached this period of history, one can only wonder which timeline Assassin's Creed 3 will be, if there will ever be one.
Pretty much everything at this point is indicating Revolution-era America.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Larthak View Post
Brotherhood was an impressive improvement over AC2, so I'm looking forward to what they have in store for us.
Hopefully improving a lot of the new systems Brotherhood introduced. The Full Sync requirements crap needs a lot of tweaking to feel less annoying, and the city-reconstructing should have have rewards other than money and a cape. And don't get me started on the vehicle missions...

Brotherhood, like the first AC, felt rather unpolished, so I'm really hoping that Revelations can do what AC2 did to its predecessor.
Tyabann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-05, 07:58   Link #8
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaisos Erranon View Post
(snip) and the city-reconstructing should have have rewards other than money and a cape.
To be fair, the city-reconstructing allows more than you make it sound. Not only does it permit you to replenish your own tools as much as you want by creating new shops, but if I'm not mistaken it kind of helps changing the citizenry dynamics. I remember at the very beginning seeing lots of beggars accosting me - pestering me almost as much as those thrice-accursed minstrels in AC2 - but now that I've reached 100%, I don't see them as much as before, since there isn't so much misery in the freed/rebuilt area anymore. But this - I must concede the possibility - could be due to the player destroying the Borgia tower and thus curtailing the persecutions on the populace.

Furthermore, rebuilding also helps unlock at least ONE of the Romulus Lairs, since you need to reactivate the aqueducts fueling the nearby area; that requires going through a certain sequence, as some regions of Rome cannot be unlocked all at once and you need to reach a certain level before you can take on that Lair...the ultimate goal of which is gaining the unbreakable armor of Brutus and the Dagger of Brutus (which has both over-lethal and deterrent qualities).

Hey, even the thief side-missions (which most people wouldn't care about) provide you with at least ONE big benefit: the termination of the Cento Occhi ambushes.

Quote:
And don't get me started on the vehicle missions...
The benefits:
- Allows you to meet Leonardo and gain the leap glove AND the poisoned dart thing...plus a third tool (can't remember which one).
- Ultimately allows you to gain the parachute, which can be useful for certain missions (like the Coliseum race), traveling long distances or making your escape from higher grounds.
Old 2011-06-05, 09:48   Link #9
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
Originally Posted by erneiz_hyde View Post
If Ezio's timeline already reached this period of history, one can only wonder which timeline Assassin's Creed 3 will be, if there will ever be one. Also, as far as I see, this upcoming title could be the finale of all the lore the game presented to us so far. But, it's Ubisoft we're talking about, they could figure out a way to extend the story further

Anyway, can't wait for this one. I just hope it will still come out in PC.
Actually, it may be the case that we will discover what happened to the first civilization and the Eagle People (how I refer to Minerva and Juno's people), how the Templars first came to be, what they're after and how, etc. Also, the coolest part of the game, imo, will be Desmond's black room, which is where he will be going when he's not reliving Ezio's memories in order to reconstruct bits of his own consiousness as well as Ezio's memories. I'm quoting Kaze on this: the black room is where Desmond's, Ezio's, and Altair's consciousness all cross each other like a hub i.e. the three of them will actually be able to speak to each other in real time. This made me think back to what Juno said at the end of Brotherhood, that it was the 72nd day before the awakening. This may well be Desmond awakening his 6th sense, which is probably akin to Minerva and Juno, and how they are able to speak through time (remember how Minerva spoke to Desmond at the end of AC2), I imagine Desmond will be able to do something similar by being able to communicate with his ancestors and his descendants as well.

Quote:
Pretty much everything at this point is indicating Revolution-era America.
Probably around the Battle of Saratoga, since its crater is where the co-ordinates point to.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade334 View Post
To be fair, the city-reconstructing allows more than you make it sound. Not only does it permit you to replenish your own tools as much as you want by creating new shops, but if I'm not mistaken it kind of helps changing the citizenry dynamics. I remember at the very beginning seeing lots of beggars accosting me - pestering me almost as much as those thrice-accursed minstrels in AC2 - but now that I've reached 100%, I don't see them as much as before, since there isn't so much misery in the freed/rebuilt area anymore. But this - I must concede the possibility - could be due to the player destroying the Borgia tower and thus curtailing the persecutions on the populace.

Furthermore, rebuilding also helps unlock at least ONE of the Romulus Lairs, since you need to reactivate the aqueducts fueling the nearby area; that requires going through a certain sequence, as some regions of Rome cannot be unlocked all at once and you need to reach a certain level before you can take on that Lair...the ultimate goal of which is gaining the unbreakable armor of Brutus and the Dagger of Brutus (which has both over-lethal and deterrent qualities).
They'll be upgrading the Tower system that we had with the Borgia towers. Before, once you took a Borgia tower, it was yours. Now, however, they'll be remade into Assassin Dens, and you'll have to be on guard in case of attacks from Templars because they will try to retake them. It'll be up to either you or the Master Assassin stationed at the tower to defend it.

Quote:
Hey, even the thief side-missions (which most people wouldn't care about) provide you with at least ONE big benefit: the termination of the Cento Occhi ambushes.
Hey, I liked being ambushed by them! They have loads of money and treasures!

Quote:
The benefits:
- Allows you to meet Leonardo and gain the leap glove AND the poisoned dart thing...plus a third tool (can't remember which one).
- Ultimately allows you to gain the parachute, which can be useful for certain missions (like the Coliseum race), traveling long distances or making your escape from higher grounds.
The double hidden blade is the other one you forgot.
Old 2011-06-05, 09:53   Link #10
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

I cannot wait for Revelations! So many good games coming out this year, Deus Ex, Mass Effect 3, Battlefield 3, MW3 and now Revelations, my mind might just explode from a giant nerdgasm

Also the tower thing sounds interesting, having all out war with Templars to keep your towers, it would be good if you could co-ordinate your assassins more than just point and kill this. I hope the whole sending assassins on missions do more for the actual story/gameplay (such as unlocking new missions if your assassins succeed).

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 03:01   Link #11
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Quote:
To be fair, the city-reconstructing allows more than you make it sound.
Oh, sure, but I meant the final reward for upgrading everything.

I don't really feel as though I accomplished much if all I get is a cape which has the same effects as a cape I could have gotten from collecting all the Borgia Flags, you know?

Quote:
The benefits:
I was more talking about how the vehicles controlled like ass and the sync requirements for the Tank and Bomber missions were ridiculously unfair, but the Parachute is a really worthless item. It's only useful for that one single Coliseum race, and really you don't even need it for that.
Old 2011-06-06, 06:56   Link #12
Tsuyoshi
Disabled By Request

Quote:
I was more talking about how the vehicles controlled like ass and the sync requirements for the Tank and Bomber missions were ridiculously unfair, but the Parachute is a really worthless item. It's only useful for that one single Coliseum race, and really you don't even need it for that.
I have to agree with this, even in its own context. The conditions are there because it's supposedly how Ezio did the mission, which means his tank never got hit. However, you clearly hear him say "if ours can be injured, then so can theirs" in the tank mission, even if you don't get hit. For Ezio to say that implies that they do get hit regardless, hence there's a paradox.

Anyways, I would do away with the synch conditions entirely because it would give the player much more freedom to do the mission as he pleases, and would have less missions where getting seen by guards causes the mission to restart (unless you get seen by the target, which would make sense). You had that in AC2 but Brotherhood really got anal about no detection imo and synch requirements (tho I do appreciate that it made the missions more challenging in a sense).
Old 2011-06-06, 10:08   Link #13
Haladflire65
*Artist

I'm really looking forward to Revelations even though it's only been around a week since I started playing Brotherhood! I quite like Ezio's new look in the promo art I've seen and the trailer made me drool.... I can't wait to see some gameplay!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsuyoshi View Post
Anyways, I would do away with the synch conditions entirely because it would give the player much more freedom to do the mission as he pleases, and would have less missions where getting seen by guards causes the mission to restart (unless you get seen by the target, which would make sense). You had that in AC2 but Brotherhood really got anal about no detection imo and synch requirements (tho I do appreciate that it made the missions more challenging in a sense).
As an AC newb, I totally agree. It gets really frustrating... I'm bad at being stealthy so I usually like to just jump in and fight my way through, so the synch conditions often piss me off and I end up doing the mission multiple times. I hope they get rid of it for Revelations.

On that note, I'm going to continue on my quest to get ahold of AC II, cause if it has no synch requirements that would make me very happy.
Old 2011-06-06, 13:54   Link #14
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

I'm not saying that they should get rid of the synch requirements, but I think they should all be more specific than things like 'don't take damage'.

Some of them I actually enjoyed a lot, mind. They really did make some of the easier missions more of a challenge.
Old 2011-06-06, 14:40   Link #15
erneiz_hyde
18782+18782=37564

I agree about the tank mission being ridiculous. It's the only mission left that I still haven't completely synchronized yet, and I was too bored playing it to actually try it again. At least if they have the checkpoint at the beginning of the tank run, it would be a lot easier.
Old 2011-06-06, 15:54   Link #16
-Sho-
~Omedetô~

Holy Shit the trailer :

Damn great , Ezio , Altair ! 50 years old still awesome
-Sho- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 17:50   Link #17
Cub-Sama
Member of DOLLARS
*Artist

This game needs to turn up the difficulty in the combat, maybe enemies being able to counter as well or letting the enemies break counters and make better combos and still attack you while you are countering enemies so you have to watch your timing.

We are DOLLARS, credit for sig goes to CMHerrera-chan
Cub-Sama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-06, 17:56   Link #18
Haladflire65
*Artist

I just saw the trailer and spazzed! That was so EPIC! Ezio, you badass, and whoa, Altair! I've only played 15% of Brotherhood and I think that trailer's convinced me that I really need to buy Revelations as soon as it's released. Can't wait for it!
Old 2011-06-06, 18:14   Link #19
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

They should have released the game on 21st October. *sarcastic*

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-06-07, 00:54   Link #20
Tyabann
Homo Ludens

Well, that was fucking godly.

Anyone seen the gameplay demo yet? Some interesting changes although the guy playing it isn't showing off enough.