AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Movies, OVAs/OADs, and Specials

Notices

Old 2018-09-11, 15:25   Link #21
LG-MAX 2.o

The Japanese box office of the film already exceeds 1.520.000.000 billion yen.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 17:54   Link #22
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Which, to be fair, is like 15 million dollars. It’s not bad, but probably about where they expected it to be.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-11, 19:44   Link #23
LG-MAX 2.o

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Which, to be fair, is like 15 million dollars. It’s not bad, but probably about where they expected it to be.
The film is yet to debut in many other countries, although it is fair to say that the money goes to the production committee.
LG-MAX 2.o is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-12, 08:00   Link #24
Vegard Aune

I caught this movie in theaters during my trip to Japan two weeks ago... It was pretty much exactly what I expected it to be: Great animation and fun fight-scenes coupled with a rather predictable and formulaic plot that doesn't quite fit into the show's timeline. (Like, I guess it's meant to take place between seasons 2 and 3, but the idea that they just went off and had this entirely unrelated adventure in a remote location between their end-of-term finals and the Summer camp seems like a bit of a stretch). I had fun with it, I'd say it's very much worth catching for fans of the series, but at the end of the day, it is basically just another Shonen Jump filler movie.
Old 2018-09-28, 00:54   Link #25
Random14

Just saw it, and glad Funimation brought it over so quickly. Though while it was a mostly entertaining movie, it was still basically anime filler. One of the better ones I've seen, but still not much more than that. Especially with how it was squeezed in between seasons. If a series is just fighting monsters of the week, then their movies are usually just about fighting bigger monsters of the week. Here they had to go over the "no hero license" dilemma again.

It was great to see most of the cast, with the expected awesome animation, flashy fights (even if the finale dragged on a bit too long) and fun characters. The jankenpo joke was probably one of the my favorite.

I had read the prequel manga, its too bad they didn't animate that (the death of All Might's predecessor/mentor). But then that's mostly irrelevant to the actual movie plot.
Random14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-09-28, 09:29   Link #26
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Incidentally, this film is doing extremely well at the U.S. box office. Funi has to be pretty damn pleased.
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-04, 21:12   Link #27
Galaxian

Was supposed to watch the movie on Saturday, but got sick. Went to see the movie on Tuesday, but it was sold-out. Finally managed to watch to movie tonight and I loved it.
Galaxian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-10-06, 15:53   Link #28
frubam
simp for Lyria

Send a message via AIM to frubam
Got a chance to watch this, subbed, today. Really great movie =03. Sure you can claim its typical movie filler, but the fight scenes and villains were great, and the story, while tame, was structured to show everyone's quirks(both literally and figuratively). That end fight with
Spoiler for movie end spoils:
I'm only sad that certain things will be outside of canon
Spoiler for lesser, but still movie spoils:
. Those aren't anything special that can't be replicated in the main series(and in a sense, already has), but still would be cool for these chars to reveal themselves again.

frubam is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2018-11-18, 08:05   Link #29
Hakai

Old 2018-11-18, 12:08   Link #30
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

More hyped for this OVA than I am about the movie.
Old 2018-11-18, 13:40   Link #31
Wandering Soul

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanon View Post
So am I, to be honest.
Old 2019-02-10, 14:03   Link #32
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Watched the movie. It was a fairly run of the mill shounen movie, just with amazing animation. The plot was fairly predictable but there is one thing that surprised me

Spoiler for ending spoiler:

Some people are going to be disappointed that some popular characters like Tsuyu got pretty much no screentime. In fact, I don't think she had a single line.

Seeing All Might in his prime and learning a bit more about his past was the highlight of the movie for me. Still waiting for the OVA.
Old 2019-02-12, 07:00   Link #33
Hakai

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wandering Soul View Post
So am I, to be honest.
Quote:
Watched the movie. It was a fairly run of the mill shounen movie, just with amazing animation. The plot was fairly predictable but there is one thing that surprised me

Spoiler for ending spoiler:

Some people are going to be disappointed that some popular characters like Tsuyu got pretty much no screentime. In fact, I don't think she had a single line.

Seeing All Might in his prime and learning a bit more about his past was the highlight of the movie for me. Still waiting for the OVA.
Yeah about that

It still hit me in the feels though(again, harder this time) because of the music and voice acting.
Old 2019-02-12, 11:40   Link #34
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Two minutes

I thought they would expand on the original material instead of making a 1:1 adaptation.
Old 2019-02-18, 23:19   Link #35
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Finally got a chance to watch it and yeah it was a pretty standard sort of filler film. But it was rather fun and they did let a variety of characters have something to do. Maybe one of the more interesting things was the early focus on All Might's younger years and the global state of affairs. Not a bad thing to take the focus to a more global state of affairs. It is interesting to at least consider how the world is handling being full of quirks and maybe the limits of All Might since it's hard to be a symbol of peace for the whole planet when he's only working in Japan.

As a whole it was spectacular fun. The action was good. It was the kind of plot that made sense. I could totally see a scientific friend of All Might freaking out about his power disappearing and wanting to do something crazy to keep the top hero around.