AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Current Series > One Piece

Notices

Old 2019-07-18, 08:13   Link #1
marvelB

One Piece - Chapter 949 [manga]

Welcome to the weekly manga discussion thread for One Piece.

Thread GuidelineBriefs
  • One Piece is licensed by Viz, please don't ask for or mention where to find or download the manga.
  • Please do not discuss scanlations, translation groups, etc., etc.
  • Raw requests and offers are not permitted anywhere on this forum.
  • Discuss your expectations of the chapter if it has not been published yet.
  • Posting a synopses or summary is fine (and welcome).
  • Be polite to your fellow forum members.
  • Please try to keep the discussion on topic.
  • Spoilers will not be policed in this thread, so if you haven't read the chapter yet, just stay out if you don't want to read spoilers.
Remember that the manga is licensed, do not post significant parts of the chapter. This includes images, scripts and direct translations of the manga. Summaries are OK, crops of pictures are OK (only if you need to illustrate your point) but this is it.

We're back! Credit goes to Redon and co. from AP for the spoiler info:

-Chapter title is "Mummy". Splash is a color page.

-Luffy and the samurai go to battle against the Hundred Beasts pirates! During the battle, Raizou tosses Kid and Killer the keys for their handcuffs. However, things soon turn ugly: The vice-warden Daifugo (scorpion SMILE user) continues using his "plague bullets" to infect the prisoners with a deadly illness known as the Mummy Virus! And unfortunately, the infected prisoners are all in a state of despair, blaming Luffy's group for their current predicament....

-Nonetheless, the rubber man grabs one of the infected prisoners, letting the pathogen spread to him! He then calls out the prisoners for what they really are: slaves who fell into despair! He then tells them about the promise he made to Tama in which he'll ensure that none of the people in Wano will starve again! He also tells them that he heard the amazing stories about Oden, and proclaims he'll defeat Kaidou in his place! He then gives them the choice of following Kaidou or the rebellion. The warden Babanuki (aka Old Maid), seeing that Luffy has ignited the flame of hope in the prisoners, prepares to have his elephant fire an Excitement Shell at the prisoners, which contains a virus with 200 times the strength of the earlier bullets! However, Luffy, who foresaw the warden's plan with observation haki, ties up the pachyderm's trunk, causing the shell to blow up from within the warden instead! The supernova then leads the rest of the prisoners to take down Daifugo and the rest of the prison staff! With eight days left before the final battle, Udon has finally been conquered....!!!!

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

Last edited by marvelB; 2019-07-19 at 09:56.
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 02:48   Link #2
Ramero
7th Order Knight / Hermit

Chopper need to identify the components and create the cure immediately. Hopefullu Luffy can resist the poison long enough.

Boichi seems make One Piece really cool. That character design really makes me really satisfied.
Ramero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 08:47   Link #3
~Yami~
a random Indonesian otaku

I can't remember the last time Luffy delivered such a great speech

This time, he is leading a new army by his own effort unlike in Dressrosa where people rallied behind God Usopp
~Yami~ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 10:04   Link #4
khoa1708
www.kh0a.net

so this upcoming battle is supposed to be bigger than Marineford?
Old 2019-07-19, 10:05   Link #5
Tommy
Mr. Prince

Quote:
Originally Posted by ~Yami~ View Post
I can't remember the last time Luffy delivered such a great speech

This time, he is leading a new army by his own effort unlike in Dressrosa where people rallied behind God Usopp
I feel inspired after this chapter too! Great speech by Luffy. I wonder if it was enough to sway Kid though. Will he rally under the banner of the strawhats for just this arc, or for the rest of the storyline?
Tommy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 10:07   Link #6
marvelB

Yeah, it was awesome seeing Luffy rallying those prisoners. I also loved how casually he took care of the warden. Actually, that reminds me: Last arc Luffy advanced his mastery observation haki, this one involves him advancing his armament, so that should naturally mean he'll evolve his conqueror's haki next (if that's possible), yes? If so, I wonder how he'll go about that....?

Oh, and that "remake" of Zoro vs. Mihawk was pretty cool, yeah. It also reminds me, I gotta reread the East Blue portion of the story sometime soon....

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
Well, Oda himself said that this battle would make Marineford look "cute" in comparison, so....
marvelB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 10:51   Link #7
Theia_Loki

I absolutely loved the look on Babanuki's face (including that of his chest elephant) right after Luffy tied his trunk. Sucks to be him.

Great that Luffy managed to get the other prisoners to realize that just complying with their jailors only lets their suffering get worse. "Foreigner" or not, at least even they now realize that Luffy is here to help regardless... all thanks to a promise he made to Tama.
Theia_Loki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 12:14   Link #8
Rainbowman

Quote:
Originally Posted by khoa1708 View Post
The battle at Wano? Well not too big. I’m guessing that the battle bigger than Marineford will be set in the final arc of this series.
Rainbowman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2019-07-19, 12:39   Link #9
Kanon
Kana Hanazawa ♥

Luffy was really great in this chapter. Balls of steel and an iron will.