Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2009-03-31, 01:41   Link #981
ZODDGUTS

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordStrike View Post
ok the ep was nice but i was left whit so many WTF's

Spoiler for Questions:
Did you miss the part that she gave info to Tamayo's brother in one of the previous episodes? She was already going agaisn't the commander because she and several other GGP members didn't like the current regime/leadership that's why she was at the end with the current new leaders of GGP, which are now in better terms with the Japanese government because they've made changes to their ideals for the better.
ZODDGUTS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 02:56   Link #982
Shouta
Infinite-Zero/Translator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wargumm1i View Post
Well the biggest possibility for a second season is, how accurately was the first one following the manga?
It's only following the manga's general storyline. Many of the details are changed up. Episode 10 is/was the point where the story would pick up for the "second half" in the manga, for the most part.
Shouta is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:24   Link #983
kamikazex

i have to agree that it was an awesome series. i kind of liked it better when they were racing
then again we got to see them fight with those bikes which was pretty cool. the ending was kind've underwhelming though was sort'of expecting a little more.

ps part of me was also hoping that fuego would've got armed with some weapons and dominate but never happened
my personal favorite part of the series was the fantastic ED. her facial expression etc.
kamikazex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 03:54   Link #984
Karnot
Banned

Yay ! Evil USians got owned. Ehh...i mean GGP.
Too bad the series at the whole is largely forgettable. Except the designs.
Karnot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 04:34   Link #985
SuperKnuckles
Anime Hobbyist

They never fully explained why Karenbak is such a reviled guy except for running GGP and taking leadership of it in Japan. And militarizing in and all. From a purely objective point of view, I don't even see it as an evil in itself. Though I guess running rampant afterward sorta tied into why he was the bad guy in all this.
SuperKnuckles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 07:38   Link #986
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Rideback ended with an episode that made me wanna go "Huh!?" Seriously. People ran around blowing things up, then people shot people and suddenly everything's hunky-dory, because everyone saw a ride-back dance interpretation? What was up with that?
Goofus Maximus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-03-31, 07:45   Link #987
Shiroth
Beautiful fighter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofus Maximus View Post
Rideback ended with an episode that made me wanna go "Huh!?" Seriously. People ran around blowing things up, then people shot people and suddenly everything's hunky-dory, because everyone saw a ride-back dance interpretation? What was up with that?
So did you just completely ignore why GGP had to stop, and what happened after that regarding them and the Japanese Government? It was all said in this episode.
Old 2009-03-31, 11:51   Link #988
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiroth View Post
So did you just completely ignore why GGP had to stop, and what happened after that regarding them and the Japanese Government? It was all said in this episode.
Not so much ignored it, as I found it forced. Even at the very start, why did only one grimoir shoot at only one ride-back? There were five of them, running side by side, so they could easily have taken out both ride-backs at the same time. The behind-the-scenes political wrangling simply seemed too easily and breezily dealt with in the final episode.
Old 2009-03-31, 12:29   Link #989
SageGaiGar
You are Next

I understand the point, she wasn't shown taking too many evasive movements in the straightaways. Unless they wanted to capture her without any chance of accidental shooting?
Old 2009-03-31, 13:47   Link #990
stormy001_M1A2

Send a message via MSN to stormy001_M1A2
Quote:
Not so much ignored it, as I found it forced. Even at the very start, why did only one grimoir shoot at only one ride-back? There were five of them, running side by side, so they could easily have taken out both ride-backs at the same time. The behind-the-scenes political wrangling simply seemed too easily and breezily dealt with in the final episode.
Problem is the series only have 12 episodes to show hence the more gritty and realistic political aspect has to be sacrificed. That's how I see it.
Old 2009-03-31, 15:31   Link #991
Goofus Maximus
Senile Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SageGaiGar View Post
I understand the point, she wasn't shown taking too many evasive movements in the straightaways. Unless they wanted to capture her without any chance of accidental shooting?
Even there, I have problems. After rebooting, the Grimoires have no compunction over shooting up a police car, but against her, the most they feel like doing is being supporting dancers with arms outstretched instead of logically sensibly shooting the daylights out of her rideback...

Indeed, the need to cram too much into too few episodes is the problem here. I think this series would have been better served with 24-26 episodes.
Old 2009-03-31, 16:56   Link #992
SageGaiGar
You are Next

It's likely they only had funding for this amount of episodes. And the production values were damn good.
Old 2009-03-31, 17:39   Link #993
Hedd
Random Object

Quote:
Even there, I have problems. After rebooting, the Grimoires have no compunction over shooting up a police car, but against her, the most they feel like doing is being supporting dancers with arms outstretched instead of logically sensibly shooting the daylights out of her rideback...

Indeed, the need to cram too much into too few episodes is the problem here. I think this series would have been better served with 24-26 episodes.

The scene in question I believe was actually skewered by perspective and for drama. As a 3rd person watching the scene unfold you might have seen a spinning red death machine tossing sheet metal everywhere. What we see is probably from Rin's perspective as this is what she wanted Suzuri to see, so while they may actually be in melee combat, Rin might see it as support dancers. Call it an artsy twist I suppose.
Old 2009-03-31, 20:47   Link #994
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaseka View Post
Was also a little irritated by the whole loose end with Kiefer, he deserved better. But overall, it was a nice light serie. The plot alone could have been so much more exploited, but I guess Rin was just meant to fight like a girl XD
I too was irritated with the Kiefer loose end.

Also, who shot Kiefer in the shoulder? Karenbak or his assistant?
Old 2009-04-01, 06:21   Link #995
Ottocycle

Quote:
Originally Posted by orion View Post
I too was irritated with the Kiefer loose end.

Also, who shot Kiefer in the shoulder? Karenbak or his assistant?
I thought it was the scene where Callenback's assistant had trapped Kiefer in a corner and damaged his shoulder with the Rideback's hand.
Ottocycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 09:45   Link #996
Hedd
Random Object

Rideback AMV finished! Enjoy.

Old 2009-04-01, 09:50   Link #997
Irkalla
I asked for this

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
I thought it was the scene where Callenback's assistant had trapped Kiefer in a corner and damaged his shoulder with the Rideback's hand.
I thought that too at first, but then we see Kiefer dropping his gun in the "duel" with Romanof. Plus I'm fairly sure that he wasn't holding onto his shoulder when they met on the top of that building. Either way works I guess o_O
Old 2009-04-01, 16:08   Link #998
Sinestra
ショ ン (^^)
*IT Support

Send a message via AIM to Sinestra Send a message via MSN to Sinestra Send a message via Yahoo to Sinestra
Not much to say about the end i actually liked it. I didn't think it was abrupt or left out any info. All the info was given as to why the GGP was restructured and why miss pretty shot Hitler (thats what i call him) I felt that Rins performance atop Fuego was excellent it was not just a scene it showed us life lessons Rin has learned over time from her mother, her friends and her experiences even the tragic ones. Her full potential was released because she finally understood what that light was that Fuego was showing her. Over all i though it was a nice ending Japan has its sovereignty and the GGP will be restructured so that maybe it wont be so 3rd reich anymore. Rin returned to school to where the people she loves are waiting for her. Her normal life will return but she will be a different Rin not afraid to face her destiny.

We dont know if she will take up dancing again or if she will continue to ride Ridebacks or just do nothing at all. But thats what speculation is for and what she does from now on is not the point. The point is she does what her heart wants i would like to see her dance and ride that would be nice.

Good series though it was short it made a good impact good transition from talking to action and was able to envoke a emotional response from me which is all i ask for. Could it have been better? Yes but did they do a good job with the time they had and make good use of the material at hand? i feel they did.

It was a nice ride and even though Mells engrish is god awful the song is still good and has found a home on my IPOD.
Old 2009-04-01, 20:39   Link #999
Jay911

Send a message via ICQ to Jay911 Send a message via AIM to Jay911 Send a message via MSN to Jay911 Send a message via Yahoo to Jay911
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ingram View Post
I first thought that when we see some of the scene from her perspective, we see a blue tarp/cover/whatever that was covering the body (I'm not recalling seeing anything blue there before, but we don't have that much of a look at the surroundings), but Shouko gets there just after things happened, so the GGP would not have had the chance to cover the body (if they intended to do so at all).
FWIW, Suzuri was carrying a giant blue flag as part of the demonstration...
Jay911 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2009-04-01, 21:48   Link #1000
orion
Waiting for more taiyuki!

Quote:
Originally Posted by humbug23 View Post
Male assistant damaged his shoulder first. Then there was a duel and Kiefer dropped the gun holding onto his shoulder. So I thought that he was shot in the shoulder.Then female assistant shot Karenbak. But I didn't catch who shot Kiefer.

I didn't think that Karenbak shot him there when he could have just killed him. Confused. Sad that Kiefer didn't get his revenge after all.

Tags
madhouse, mecha, seinen