AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Retired > Retired M-Z > Umineko

Notices

Old 2011-12-18, 18:59   Link #7361
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corfish1001 View Post
Either way, I truly to look forward to the next "When Something Cries".
Ryuukishi07 is taking a break from the When They Cry series for a while. He's currently working on Higanbana no Saku Yoru ni, which you may like to check out.

(Really trying not to make it seem like a plug here… xD)
Old 2011-12-18, 19:01   Link #7362
ElderKain

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Corfish1001 View Post
Either way, I truly to look forward to the next "When Something Cries". I feel like my journey with Beato and Battler has prepared me to face the next wicked tale Ryukishi can throw at us, much more so than Higurashi did for Umineko. (Though I did read Higurashi AFTER I started Umineko, so I was slightly at a disadvantage towards the way he works I think xD)
The next one at the moment is
Higanbana no Saku Yoru Ni
And there is currently someone working on an English translation for it as well ^.^
http://ronove.blogspot.com/

Edit: Yirba, you beat me to the post, lol.
Old 2011-12-18, 19:11   Link #7363
Corfish1001

@Usagi: Prime's truth? Somewhat unsure as to what that is, I honestly went out of my way to avoid much discussion for fear of spoilers, and now that I've finished all 8 I feel like I can safely talk to other fans now. But I do agree, I DID have one or two things spoiled at times, and those can seem really extreme, but once you actually read the novels, they're depicted so much better and don't seem as spoilerish once you realize a summary is truly the barest bones for series like this.

@Yirba: Haha, I know about Higanbana, and already have my copy =3 And I know he's taking a break from When They Cry as well. I'm still excited for the next one though, but that doesn't mean I'm not patiently awaiting for the Higanbana release either.
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 19:22   Link #7364
ElderKain

Talking

What I want to see is REWRITE which was a VN creation with collaboration with Ryukishi07 and KEY ^.^
I love Higurashi and Umineko, so I know REWRITE is awesome ^.^

I'll have to wait till there is translation to English though >.<
Old 2011-12-18, 19:57   Link #7365
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Klash has said that he'd like to work on Rewrite, but that's not a confirmation or anything…

I would love to see a Rewrite translation, regardless of who does it.
Old 2011-12-18, 19:58   Link #7366
AuraTwilight
The True Culprit

Send a message via AIM to AuraTwilight Send a message via MSN to AuraTwilight
Quote:
@Usagi: Prime's truth? Somewhat unsure as to what that is, I honestly went out of my way to avoid much discussion for fear of spoilers, and now that I've finished all 8 I feel like I can safely talk to other fans now. But I do agree, I DID have one or two things spoiled at times, and those can seem really extreme, but once you actually read the novels, they're depicted so much better and don't seem as spoilerish once you realize a summary is truly the barest bones for series like this.
Spoiler:
Old 2011-12-18, 20:18   Link #7367
Corfish1001

Quote:
Originally Posted by AuraTwilight View Post
Spoiler:
Oh, okay, that makes sense X-x

Spoiler for Episode 8:
Corfish1001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 20:21   Link #7368
xBTAx

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yirba View Post
Klash has said that he'd like to work on Rewrite, but that's not a confirmation or anything…

I would love to see a Rewrite translation, regardless of who does it.
Amaterasu is apparently going to do Rewrite, actually.

And regarding spoilers: I was actually spoiled for quite a bit of the second half of Umineko (and am spoiled for what I haven't played of 8, as well...) but it really didn't hurt my enjoyment of it at all. Sure, I would've liked to have liked to been unspoiled, but there were actually a fair amount of things I didn't get until I saw people discussing them afterwards.

Besides, I love Ryukishi's writing style so much that what's actually happening in the story sometimes doesn't matter.
xBTAx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-18, 20:33   Link #7369
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by xBTAx View Post
Amaterasu is apparently going to do Rewrite, actually.
Cool! I wasn't aware… I'm glad it's getting a translation.
Old 2011-12-18, 23:54   Link #7370
Sajomir

Sorry if there's a specific thread you like errors in, but I think I found a typo in chapter 8. A particular line of Ange's dialogue looks cut off. There's no particular punctuation that indicates she was interrupted, and there are no quotation marks at the end of the line like the spoken dialogue usually has.

If there is actually more to this line, could a reply or a PM be made with the full line? I'd like to know what it was, and I know you're not patching it for a while :P

Thanks

Spoiler:
Sajomir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 01:53   Link #7371
Saq78642

Quick question: do you guys (The Witch Hunt) intend to translate the Our Confession's booklet thats coming out in the next comiket? I think that would answer a lot of the underlying questions in umineko itself. Its really worth a shot IMHO. Also what about Tsubasa and Hane? I know that most of it's been translated already...still there are some tips that have no translation at all...

The Self-Proclaimed Last End Conductor

Last edited by Saq78642; 2011-12-19 at 02:05.
Saq78642 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 02:40   Link #7372
BuuHuu

Thumbs up witch hunt your great!

thanks a lot for the complete patch of episode 8. and for all the earlier releases too. ^^

yeah, take a break, recovery from your hard and long work of the umineko project.
and mabye, some time later, there will be some other project(s) or not.
but now, take your time, rest and be glad and proud that you guys did such a great thing and be happy.
BuuHuu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 03:04   Link #7373
Aspirety
Voyager Witch

God, what can I say? I came to the point of crying so many times while reading this. It was beautiful, amazing, unforgettable.

There's nothing I can say that hasn't already been said, but I am so thankful to Ryukishi and The Witch Hunt for enable me to experience this masterpiece. It's changed my life for the better.

And this was a very satisfying conclusion to the story...

It's so sad that this fandom is coming to an end, it's become a huge part of who I am over the past couple of years.
Old 2011-12-19, 03:15   Link #7374
Drifloon

Honestly, I'm not too fussed about Tsubasa and Hane and all that stuff. I'd just really like to see Our Confession. Not like there's a rush or anything, and you DEFINITELY deserve a break after all this, but it would definitely be sad if we never got it.
Drifloon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 03:30   Link #7375
true.st
空を見上げる

Me, another one who signed-up to say thank you, witch hunt. Thank you so much ;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;;
true.st is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 10:52   Link #7376
myopius

A friend of mine found an error near the end of Episode 7:

http://i.imgur.com/rwhge.png

EDIT: Another one that's just a missed double space, if you care:
http://i.imgur.com/OVKx5.png

Last edited by myopius; 2011-12-21 at 12:47.
myopius is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 12:15   Link #7377
Yirba
Spider Lily Translations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saq78642 View Post
Quick question: do you guys (The Witch Hunt) intend to translate the Our Confession's booklet thats coming out in the next comiket? I think that would answer a lot of the underlying questions in umineko itself. Its really worth a shot IMHO. Also what about Tsubasa and Hane? I know that most of it's been translated already...still there are some tips that have no translation at all...
I think the following two quotes pretty much sum it up:

Quote:
Originally Posted by chronotrig View Post
We will indeed be doing a full translation of "Our Confessions", but we're still figuring out the details of how that'll work.

As for the rest of the Extra Tips, we will get to them if we have time, but it doesn't seem likely in the near future.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klashikari View Post
That being said, we aren't entirely done with Umineko and we will see if we have the time -and- energy for the finishing touch (Tsubasa, Ougon Musou etc). But right now, we are sort of... well resting in the Golden Land after hunting after it from the beginning.
Old 2011-12-19, 15:39   Link #7378
Uberzaki

Just gonna say thanks witch hunt, for your big contribution to the visual novel community and all of the hard work you guy have put in to this series. We don't often get translations for such a huge visual novel, and I appreciate it.
Uberzaki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-19, 18:29   Link #7379
Bern-san

Just finished reading the whole thing, I couldn't stop myself from crying a few times (the ending song by Akiko Shikata was pretty emotional, glad I waited to hear the song for the first time during the game and not on youtube). I was quite satisfied with the ending although I expected the worst based on some people's reactions when they read it, it was a fitting end for Umineko with wonderful characters (Lambda became one of my favorite characters).

I just don't know how to express my gratitude to R07 for creating this wonderful story and the translation team for making it possible for non-Japanese readers to enjoy such tale. I'll only say thank you so much for the great experience that Umineko was.

You really deserve a rest after the hard work.
I'll be looking forward for the next project you'll work on (if you decide to translate another visual novel)
Bern-san is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-12-20, 00:17   Link #7380
Aeriven
Please grant my wish.

I just finished Episode 8; saw all the endings and all the tea parties. Though I had been spoiled on a few details here and there, I was still enraptured all the way to the end. I'm still wiping the tears off of my face.

Words cannot adequately express how incredibly grateful I am to the Witch-Hunt for translating this wonderful story so that even more people can experience the world of Umineko, and more of Ryukishi07's work. Though I am sad to see a story that I've been following for the past three years end, I am thankful to have had the opportunity to even experience it in the first place. Thank you, so much.

Tags
translation