AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2007-07-01, 11:32   Link #181
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Well this arc is done but since no one has posted about it yet, Ill tag my entry so I dont ruin it for anyone

Spoiler for epi 23:

Spoiler for epi 24 preview:
Final arc looks like its gonna be awesome!! As NSW said it would be.
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
White Manju Bun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 06:53   Link #182
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Ep. 23 was great, But I'm really looking forward to the last arc. I'm wondering how they are going to end this series. I've actually been keeping up with it since it was first fansubbed by Seichi - can you believe it!? It's hard to believe that I still get impatient waiting for the next ep. to come out after all this time. I just hope "the curse" doesn't work it's way into the final arc.
Lady_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 13:07   Link #183
kuru

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady_D View Post
I've actually been keeping up with it since it was first fansubbed by Seichi - can you believe it!?
Yes, I can. I started following Ayatsuri Sakon in the VHS days, when Odyssey Anime first started subbing it.
kuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 15:32   Link #184
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Really?! Wow, that IS a while ago. And here I thought I was the only "old" Sakon fan left. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I wonder though, what will we do when this series is over?..........

Last edited by Lady_D; 2007-07-09 at 15:32. Reason: spelling
Old 2007-07-09, 17:34   Link #185
NoSanninWa
Weapon of Mass Discussion
*Fansubber

I can only claim to be following it since Seichi started subbing it. Still, that does seem to be quite a while.

So far fansubbing of the last arc has been curse-free, but I'm ready for the old curse to strike at any moment. Having seen (and edited) episodes 24-26 I'm really very happy with the final arc. They did find the perfect story to end the series with and they did it very well. This show has a proper finale, not a finally.

I think we'll get episodes 24 and 25 finished soon, with 26 to follow not long after. Curse permitting.

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.
NoSanninWa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-09, 19:56   Link #186
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

Wow, VHS... ^_^;; I signed up to help finish the series because I have fond memories of reading the manga oh so many years ago. I'm pretty happy with the anime's ending since the the manga visibly(?) lost direction in the last half of vol. 4. Hmm... :checks rules regarding requesting files: Do any of you long-time fans have the OSTs...? >.> I really like the insert song in episode 26, but the OSTs are nowhere to be found...
Old 2007-07-09, 20:09   Link #187
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

I wish I had the complete OST's. All I've got are 3 songs from the series - Hikari, Koe, and Kanaete. Since I haven't seen episode 26 yet...... I'm not sure which insert song you are referring to.
Old 2007-07-09, 20:14   Link #188
runpsicat
Engrishator
*Fansubber

You're my savior!! I'm dying to have Koe!!
Old 2007-07-09, 21:02   Link #189
Zu Ra
✖ ǝʇ ɯıqnɾl ☆

Yeah the OST is a good listen. It gives you the quintessential Sakon experience its as thought your transported into world of Sakon

I and WMB ost Discussion

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geta Boshi View Post
Yep I played the Op : Tread the Endless Night / Hikari Naki Yoru wo Yuke like a zillion times on repeat this weekend I could recognize the track Pursuit , Forstall and Sana no Kagi from the anime . Other tracks which were really good were

* Entanglement ( Nice Flute )

* Sakon’s Theme ( Nice Piano Piece )

* Anji ( Haunting Melody )

* Kanaete ( Nice Ballad refreshing voice )

* Ukon no Temu

Overall nice use of tradional instruments and offbeat melodies , the Sound Track gives you the impression or temporarily transports you into Sakon’s world
Old 2007-07-29, 21:51   Link #190
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Yes, it does appear that the curse of Sakon has struck yet once again. I am really getting antsy about how this series is gonna end. I mean, well, if it ever does that is. Can anyone tell me what the final arc is about, so I can have something to chew on awhile?
Old 2007-07-30, 17:41   Link #191
Sakuya
*Artist

Quote:
Yes, it does appear that the curse of Sakon has struck yet once again. I am really getting antsy about how this series is gonna end. I mean, well, if it ever does that is. Can anyone tell me what the final arc is about, so I can have something to chew on awhile?
Spoiler:
Sakuya is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-07-30, 17:45   Link #192
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

I do have both ost's if needed :3 and they both rock!
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-07-30, 18:21   Link #193
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Actually, we have run into a bit of a slowdown because of someone's unavoidable real life schedule, but I will assure you that both episodes 24 and 25 are nearly complete. You should see them both shortly after August 15 when he returns. Meanwhile episode 26 has been slowed down a little because of an insert song and a changed verse in the ED song, but I expect it will also be released in August. Barring catastrophe.

As for the final arc... Here are some teasing spoilers. Nothing too serious, but they are still spoilers...
Spoiler for final arc:

There's not that fine a line between willing suspension of disbelief and something just being stupid.

Last edited by NoSanninWa; 2007-07-31 at 05:50.
Old 2007-07-31, 05:31   Link #194
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Cool! The final arc will definately get my full attention. Hopefully the new info will keep me going another couple of weeks. Yep, the last arc is gonna rock!
Old 2007-08-26, 19:17   Link #195
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Well, it's been about a month since my last post, so I thought I'd check in and see how the final arc is coming along. I see there haven't been any other posts since my last one. Am I the only one left here who is still interested in the series, Or has everyone just given up on it's completion? I for one am looking forward to the next ep.
Old 2007-08-26, 19:45   Link #196
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Quote:
Am I the only one left here who is still interested in the series, Or has everyone just given up on it's completion? I for one am looking forward to the next ep.
I think most of the regulars in this thread are still interested. I know I am and cant wait for the final arc but since there isnt that much to talk about the thread doesnt update. Ive been drawn to this series ever since I saw the first arc a few months ago and Im glad ASP is continuing the subbing efforts
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-08-27, 08:23   Link #197
sangofe

Quote:
Well, it's been about a month since my last post, so I thought I'd check in and see how the final arc is coming along. I see there haven't been any other posts since my last one. Am I the only one left here who is still interested in the series, Or has everyone just given up on it's completion? I for one am looking forward to the next ep.
Here are the stats:
[24@ RC4 QC] [25@Release] [26@RC1 Encode]
sangofe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2007-08-30, 11:48   Link #198
White Manju Bun
Anxious bookseller
*Author

Epis 24 and 25 are out! ~spazzing!!~
- 11th Doctor.

Sig by TheEroKing
Old 2007-08-30, 21:03   Link #199
NoSanninWa
*Fansubber

Quote:
Originally Posted by sangofe View Post
Here are the stats:
[24@ RC4 QC] [25@Release] [26@RC1 Encode]
It is truly embarassing that episode 24 went to RC4 and yet somehow the darn bloom vs petals thing somehow slipped past us in the coming attactions. I was sure that was fixed! At least it is good on everything that matters.

It is hard to believe that this final arc was actually anime original. It is just perfect. I really love the way it ties together the entire series and adds depth to Sakon and his family. It was also nice to see Shiho again. She was my favorite of all the supporting cast.

Old 2007-08-30, 22:05   Link #200
Lady_D
Bishounen Watcher

Yiipeeeee!
Ep. 24 and 25 at the same time! They were really good too. I have theories on who did it, but I'm probably wrong (I usually am) so I'll keep it to myself. From the previews the last ep. looks kinda emo, so maybe the last ep. will be a little different. Who knows, I'll just have to wait and see won't I?