AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Manga

Notices

Old 2012-03-09, 07:59   Link #141
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Just read the translation of ch 73 on jcafe24.

Spoiler for spoiler for ch 73:

I just wonder what Amane truly thinks of Riku.
Kleeyook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 08:04   Link #142
Soji

Kleeyook@ good question. What she really think about him? and ...I agree with Riku*WTF* with all this O_O
Soji is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 09:12   Link #143
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soji View Post
Kleeyook@ good question. What she really think about him? and ...I agree with Riku*WTF* with all this O_O
She seemed truly happy when Riku confessed to her before the event 2 years prior. There was also something she wanted to succeed, with a happy face.

It's hard for me to think she'd turn out to be a woobie destroyer of the world.
Old 2012-03-09, 09:19   Link #144
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Just read the translation of ch 73 on jcafe24.

Spoiler for spoiler for ch 73:

I just wonder what Amane truly thinks of Riku.
Wow, this series really is hellbent on screwing Riku over.

So basically Amane is the seinen version of Guilty Crown's Mana and Neene is Inori.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-09, 09:25   Link #145
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow5YA View Post
Wow, this series really is hellbent on screwing Riku over.

So basically Amane is the seinen version of Guilty Crown's Mana and Neene is Inori.
^^My thought exactly! ^^

Could Kazama Toujo be Gai's counterpart!?
Old 2012-03-09, 09:30   Link #146
Soji

Kleeyook@Riku cant get a break can he?
Shadow5YA@ Pretty much .
Old 2012-03-09, 13:42   Link #147
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I believe Daisuke's prior work is Chrono Crusade, the ending is depressing as hell. I am sure this manga will be the same, if not worse.

Seriously, I used to think Amane was so cute and another side of her is so bright and honest. WTF could have happened to her to be like this?
Old 2012-03-09, 18:30   Link #148
Soji

Kleeyook@ O boy....i like that work ...but the ending was ....well never mind. A this point I think ..I will see where he goin with this story and hope for a good ending for Riku and Rena.
Old 2012-03-09, 21:47   Link #149
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kleeyook View Post
Seriously, I used to think Amane was so cute and another side of her is so bright and honest. WTF could have happened to her to be like this?
Something happened at the hospital. Everything seems to lead there. For her to compare herself to Rena seriously suggests that she herself was used (abused) until she became damaged goods. There seems to be a disconnect between these spoilers and everything leading up to it though....each time we've seen Amane "appear", it hasn't exactly been what you would consider sinister or misleading.

Beyond that, I really doubt Riku was picked to be used and thrown away, not with the behavior we've seen from Nene/Amane in all of the previous chapters. There's something big missing in the story still, and it's not just what happened while Amane was still alive.
Old 2012-03-10, 04:09   Link #150
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Quote:
Originally Posted by Solace View Post
Something happened at the hospital. Everything seems to lead there. For her to compare herself to Rena seriously suggests that she herself was used (abused) until she became damaged goods. There seems to be a disconnect between these spoilers and everything leading up to it though....each time we've seen Amane "appear", it hasn't exactly been what you would consider sinister or misleading.

Beyond that, I really doubt Riku was picked to be used and thrown away, not with the behavior we've seen from Nene/Amane in all of the previous chapters. There's something big missing in the story still, and it's not just what happened while Amane was still alive.
Or she might be super evil step-ford smiler from the start. All her cheerful and cute expression lingering in Riku's memory is all a lie. She played with everyone because it amused her. I believe that Chrono's brother from Chrono Crusade is just plain evil in anime version while he has a reason to be evil in manga version. Now we just have to wait and see what type of villain is Amane.
Old 2012-03-16, 02:56   Link #151
Guido
Snobby Gentleman

I've read chapters 72 and 73, and the more I read the more I get from World Embryo a few nods to Guilty Crown.

I mean there's this PurInfection plan to make humanity evolve by turning them into Kanshu through an Apocalyptic pandemic of world-wide proportions.

Amanee /Neene turns out not only the Kyuuki but also the interface to the Embryo to trigger the evolution Apocalypse.

From what I got from chapter 73 the Embryo itself is alien that came to Earth millenia ago.

But that's where the similarities end there.
Mana Ouma and Amanee are vastly different, even though both turn out antagonists in their respective stories and hurting their own family kin.

The thing I have doubts with Amanee is:
Spoiler:
Guido is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 03:57   Link #152
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

Yeah, I can see the similarity between World Embryo and Guilty Crown. Still, I wish Rena had larger tits!
Old 2012-03-16, 09:05   Link #153
Solace
(ノಠ益ಠ)ノ彡┻━┻

I have doubts about Amane as well, especially after these two chapters.

1. It's strongly hinted that Amane was not related to her sister, who is revealed to be a Lost Rebound after trying to remember Amane's early years. Note that Amane was discovered in a terrible accident as an infant without a single scratch on her.

2. It is revealed that she was working at the hospital, helping the director do what Riku was doing at the "retirement home".

3. The Amane who shows up at different points: Riku's vision in the hospital fire flashback, to bring him back to life as a Kanshu, to block Ende from the Embryo, in Riku's dream (note Nenee's face in that dream btw, huge foreshadowing), this person is completely different from the Kyuuki Amane we see now.

4. Nenee herself seems more like a manifestation of Amane's love for Riku than anything sinister.

5. Amane and the Directors corpses at the hospital were never found. Obviously this is a strong hint that she was brought back using the Cocoon, presumably by the director. This doesn't explain the time difference though. Two years after the accident? In the flashback the Coffin Princesses were made immediately. How did no one stumble upon it until Riku found it?

6. Nenee was imprinted on Riku as her master, but the Coffin Princess herself is a manifestation of her creators wishes. This could explain "evil" Amane and why she is so different now.

7. To reference above, her reasoning is that she is the same as the Holy Body (Rena), a person who was basically nothing more than a backup who decided to get revenge on the people who ruined her life.

8. It is interesting that Kyuuki Amane reverts to the term Holy Body. The reason such a position exists is as a failsafe. If Julie went out of control, they were going to "force" Rena to become a Coffin Princess immediately by giving her directly to the embryo. Possible foreshadowing?

9. We still have no idea why the shards of Julie (the Jinki cores) are so important. If it was just a matter of turning the human race into Kanshu, Kyuuki Amane has already got that covered. It still doesn't explain her interest in them, or why Takao and Ende are after them. Takao could be explained by his desire to bring Julie back, I suppose.

10. No one has found the Chairwoman yet. People who aren't confirmed dead in this story seem to have a way of coming back.

11. The Jinki users are extremely weak against these new Black Kanshu. It is interesting to note they're even more advanced than the previous versions. No explanation is given yet for why Black Kanshu even exist. How did Kyuuki Amane get so many without anyone noticing?

Just some thoughts for now.
Old 2012-03-16, 14:00   Link #154
Soji

Solace@ Yeah all good point and most of this need a answer. Still I feel sorry for Riku I wonder when he will have a break from all this mess.
Old 2012-03-16, 14:33   Link #155
Kleeyook
Yandere maniax

I understand why everyone pity Riku so much. He happens to be the MC of Daisuke's work...
Old 2012-03-16, 15:50   Link #156
EvI

amane damnn you what the hell happened to nene...
damn she betreyed riku
i hope he kick her damn baby ass ò--Ó
EvI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-03-16, 19:13   Link #157
Soji

Kleeyook@ Yeah....still I hope for a good ending for him even if is Daisuke the author of this work .Good luck Riku ,Rena both of you need this from now on.(more than ever).
EvI@ I think we need more info here before say something like this(even if for now the story point on that).
Old 2012-03-16, 21:07   Link #158
Franckie

So much well-deserved angst... The past few chapters remind of the vibes I get from reading Shingeki no Kyoujin.
Franckie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 05:26   Link #159
Renegade334
Sleepy Lurker
*Graphic Designer

Ch.74... O_O

Spoiler for what happens:

Last edited by Renegade334; 2012-04-09 at 05:36.
Renegade334 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 2012-04-09, 06:02   Link #160
Soji

Renegade334@ wait ...what.O_____O

Spoiler for spoiler: