AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series > Madoka Magica

Notices

Old 2011-03-12, 19:19   Link #261
Crontica

O'rly? Homura was too busy clenching her teeth, sighing into the sky that i thought the flick was an author imprint.
Old 2011-03-12, 19:26   Link #262
BaKaBaKaOtaKu
Stupidity is Bliss.

i love it when she flicks her hair. XDD
BaKaBaKaOtaKu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-12, 19:32   Link #263
Seihai
スマイリウム

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crontica View Post
O'rly? Homura was too busy clenching her teeth, sighing into the sky that i thought the flick was an author imprint.
My wording sucked, I only meant it has significance as in impact on Homura in general. So why not relate back to when Madoka actually told her that she should act according to it? It makes perfect sense imo. Reasoning with author's imprint is always possible. But yeah, why not both.
Old 2011-03-13, 13:35   Link #264
Belgaesh

The way Homura uses Magic and Weapons, remembered me of another character of Urobuchi, Emiya Kiritsugu. With both of then utilizing unorthodox methods during a battle, in order to increase their chances of victory.
Belgaesh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 13:54   Link #265
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanish View Post
My wording sucked, I only meant it has significance as in impact on Homura in general. So why not relate back to when Madoka actually told her that she should act according to it? It makes perfect sense imo. Reasoning with author's imprint is always possible. But yeah, why not both.
I also thought Homura changing her look had to do with her taking Madoka's advice at the beginning. She said that Homura's name is cool, so she should act cool to match it.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-13, 22:24   Link #266
Fandal

So in episode 4 when Madoka said to Homura, "I'll never forget you", how many jagged pieces do you think Homura heart was stabbed with?
Fandal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 05:28   Link #267
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fandal View Post
So in episode 4 when Madoka said to Homura, "I'll never forget you", how many jagged pieces do you think Homura heart was stabbed with?
I thought she cut out her heart by the fourth loop ? Is there anything left to be stabbed at to begin with?
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 06:23   Link #268
hoarfrost

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belgaesh View Post
The way Homura uses Magic and Weapons, remembered me of another character of Urobuchi, Emiya Kiritsugu. With both of then utilizing unorthodox methods during a battle, in order to increase their chances of victory.
More specifically, both use a combination of guns and time control.
hoarfrost is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-14, 11:22   Link #269
novalysis

Quote:
Originally Posted by novalysis View Post
I thought she cut out her heart by the fourth loop ? Is there anything left to be stabbed at to begin with?
Ok , I withdraw that . I saw the manga , and Homura's hurt is clearly screaming from the pages in chapter 4.
novalysis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 02:40   Link #270
herbert

I have thought a little bit about HomuHomu's consistent failure. I feel her major issue is not communication skills but being too greedy.

She has a minimum requirement for a good ending (WN incident is settled down without Madoka becoming a MG) but she behaves like she is aiming for the best ending (WN incident is settled and Modoka knows as little as possible about MG, prefer nothing). She believes Madoka's ignorance is a bliss but, unfortunately, ignorance can also encourage unwise actions from Madoka. In my opinion, the major reason for Homura's silence is the paradox: the best result requires keeping secrets but keeping secrets is more likely to worsen the situation.
Old 2011-03-15, 05:29   Link #271
Hagoshod
Banned

Send a message via AIM to Hagoshod
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbert View Post
I have thought a little bit about HomuHomu's consistent failure. I feel her major issue is not communication skills but being too greedy.

She has a minimum requirement for a good ending (WN incident is settled down without Madoka becoming a MG) but she behaves like she is aiming for the best ending (WN incident is settled and Modoka knows as little as possible about MG, prefer nothing). She believes Madoka's ignorance is a bliss but, unfortunately, ignorance can also encourage unwise actions from Madoka. In my opinion, the major reason for Homura's silence is the paradox: the best result requires keeping secrets but keeping secrets is more likely to worsen the situation.
But she never actively withholds information just for the hell of it.

Timeline 2: She thinks being a Magical Girl is just like being a Pretty Cure and knows nothing beyond that.
Timeline 3: Immediately tries to warn everybody and establishes nobody will believe her without proof. Only causes a bigger disaster that turns Sayaka into an MG when she wasn't supposed to be one and drives Mami nuts.
Timeline 4: Withholds information for a justified reason (Timeline 3). Establishes that she'll never succeed without SOME interaction since Kyubey will take advantage of Madoka being kept out of the loop.
Timeline 5: Withholds information for a justified reason (Timeline 3). Possibly manipulates the scheme so Sayaka becomes a MG to provide herself with evidence. Continues to not say nothing probably because all she can say has already been shown through example (Sayaka). Unlike Timeline 4, Madoka is SOOO not out of the loop this time, making the way Kyubey got Madoka to go MG in Timeline 4 basically invalid.

She's greedy only in how she potentially puts Madoka before Sayaka. However, since she knows of no other character who will turn into a Witch as quickly as her, Sayaka is a mandatory sacrifice that Homura needs in order concretely prove Kyubey is full of shit. If she doesn't establish Kyubey can't be trusted, she can't beat the system. That's her real goal, and it's the best route for everybody.

The only thing she's flubbed in Timeline 5 is the Kyoko situation, but even that may still have a point. I'm betting Kyoko's kamikaze attack is going to show Homura exactly what she needs to do to beat Walpurgisnacht by herself.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-15 at 05:46.
Hagoshod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 07:43   Link #272
scr
my sides are in orbit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hagoshod View Post
I'm betting Kyoko's kamikaze attack is going to show Homura exactly what she needs to do to beat Walpurgisnacht by herself.
Without love it can't be seen. Err, only love can drive out hate, que?
If there's a Final Fantasy game that I must put my personal seal of disapproval on, it's Crisis Core. I mean, just look at how this Genesis Rhapsodos dude is raping the canon. It's bad. As in, fanfiction bad.
scr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 11:14   Link #273
Jimmy C

Quote:
However, since she knows of no other character who will turn into a Witch as quickly as her, Sayaka is a mandatory sacrifice that Homura needs in order concretely prove Kyubey is full of shit.
Incorrect. Homura was willing to Kill Sayaka so that Madoka wouldn't have to see her turn into a witch. So letting others find out Sayaka turned into a witch wasn't on her mind.
Jimmy C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-15, 13:38   Link #274
Dark Wing

Not to mention that back on episode 5 during Homura's talk with Madoka she actually tellls her she should've kept a closer eye on Sayaka. Which basically tells us she never wanted either of them to become magical girls.
Old 2011-03-15, 20:47   Link #275
kk2extreme
Your wife is hot...

I think Homura traveling back in time is like hitting a rewind button so she won't be overlapping with her past self.
kk2extreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 02:10   Link #276
FlareKnight
User of the "Fast Draw"

Send a message via AIM to FlareKnight Send a message via MSN to FlareKnight
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Wing View Post
Not to mention that back on episode 5 during Homura's talk with Madoka she actually tellls her she should've kept a closer eye on Sayaka. Which basically tells us she never wanted either of them to become magical girls.
Because Sayaka becoming a magical girl helped keep Madoka close to that world and created a possible reason for Madoka to make a wish. Not that she cared one way or another if Sayaka got involved, just that it'd make keeping Madoka away from this stuff more difficult.
Old 2011-03-16, 20:22   Link #277
Hagoshod
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy C View Post
Incorrect. Homura was willing to Kill Sayaka so that Madoka wouldn't have to see her turn into a witch. So letting others find out Sayaka turned into a witch wasn't on her mind.
Regardless of what Homura actually intended, it doesn't change the fact Sayaka turning into a Witch is required to convince Madoka not to listen to Kyubey. Since Homura ruled out the "doing everything alone" route by herself, Madoka NEEDS to know so she can't be manipulated. Without Sayaka, how else could Madoka possibly discover the truth about Soul Gems just creating more Witches?

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-16 at 21:05.
Old 2011-03-16, 22:31   Link #278
Shadow5YA

Quote:
Regardless of what Homura actually intended, it doesn't change the fact Sayaka turning into a Witch is required to convince Madoka not to listen to Kyubey. Since Homura ruled out the "doing everything alone" route by herself, Madoka NEEDS to know so she can't be manipulated. Without Sayaka, how else could Madoka possibly discover the truth about Soul Gems just creating more Witches?
That does not mean Homura intended to use Sayaka that way. What Homura was planning was to team up with Kyoko for Walpurgis Night. Intentionally turning Sayaka into a Witch is counterproductive to keeping Kyoko ready to fight on Walpurgis Night with Homura.
Shadow5YA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 22:42   Link #279
Endscape
The Mage of Four Hearts
*Author

Quote:
There is no evidence to say that Homura intended or planned for Sayaka to become a MG. The fact that she says that she should have kept a closer watch on Sayaka suggests that she didn't want Sayaka to become a MG. Whether or not it was solely for Madoka, or perhaps also she didn't want Sayaka to suffer is debatable.

Illusion, illusion, this is illusion. It cannot harm me.
Endscape is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2011-03-16, 22:57   Link #280
Hagoshod
Banned

You guys aren't getting what I'm trying to say.

If Homura intentionally let Sayaka become a Magical Girl this time around and was trying to make it look like an accident, that makes sense. I don't hold it against her since it's for the greater good. She'll never defeat the system if she can't say "Kyubey is manipulating you and here's DOCUMENTED EVIDENCE to prove it." Trying to explain things without proof won't work (Timeline 3). Never trying to say anything also won't work (Timeline 4).

If Sayaka becoming a Magical Girl again really was an accident, then uh... Homura is extremely lucky, I guess. Whether she realizes it or not, she needs Sayaka to become a Witch so she'll have an actual case when she goes "BLAAARG DON'T LISTEN TO KYUBEY."

To truly protect Madoka, she needs Madoka to be totally discouraged from ever becoming a Magical Girl. She'll never realistically meet these conditions without using the Sayaka scenario as her argument. Sayaka becoming a Witch is anything BUT counterproductive.

Last edited by Hagoshod; 2011-03-16 at 23:07.

Tags
characters