AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Related Topics > Reviews & Recommendations

Notices

Old 2013-04-03, 03:26   Link #1
mit7059

Manga like Horimiya or Bonnouji

Basically I'm looking for slice of life/romance manga similar to Horimiya and Bonnouji that have the following characteristics:
  • One clear couple from the start with a minimum of challengers or love triangles, or even better none at all.
  • A general lack of drama and angst
  • Focus on the couple simply living their lives

Bonnouji is the absolute ideal when it comes to this, Horimiya has some small amount of drama which is fine, it's hard to make a series with no conflict whatsoever.

Thanks in advance, and if you aren't familiar with either of these series I highly recommend them; they're simply fantastic. You can find a link to the full list of what I'm reading right now in my signature.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-03, 14:35   Link #2
jedinat

14-sai no Koi
Ore Monogatari!! (only a chapter or so has been scanlated, don't know how close it will resemble what you're looking for... but I feel like recommending it)
Kono Oneesan wa Fiction desu!? (the "couple" isn't really romantically involved (yet at least) but they live under the same roof and their interaction is entertaining and there isn't much in the way of drama)
jedinat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-04-04, 20:59   Link #3
mit7059

Quote:
Originally Posted by jedinat View Post
14-sai no Koi
Ore Monogatari!! (only a chapter or so has been scanlated, don't know how close it will resemble what you're looking for... but I feel like recommending it)
Kono Oneesan wa Fiction desu!? (the "couple" isn't really romantically involved (yet at least) but they live under the same roof and their interaction is entertaining and there isn't much in the way of drama)
Thanks Jedinat, 14-sai to Koi was pretty much exactly what I was looking for. Ore Monogatari!! shows promise I just hope it doesn't end up having a super slow release schedule. I'll check out Kono Oneesan next.

More of a manga reader now than an anime watcher. Currently reading list here
mit7059 is offline   Reply With Quote