AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Community Today's Posts Search

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > Anime Discussion > Older Series

Notices

Old 2014-04-27, 14:12   Link #81
ginger02

Gosh I'm loving this show. Probably one of my favorites from the season.

The characters and music really make it, along with all the comedy. It has the perfect balance, whereas many sports shows can have too much drama and angst sometimes.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 15:19   Link #82
Sensual Grizzly

I am TOTALLY not a sports person, but I liked these four episodes, they were pretty entertaining. Although I get quite easily entertained if it helps with my procrastination. Ehem... Back to the topic.
Spoiler for Plot spoilers:

Looking forward to Episode 5!
Sensual Grizzly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-27, 19:39   Link #83
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by desrtsku View Post
Listen kids, don't do this at home.
Spoiler for Common Sense:
WSJ sports moment...
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:38   Link #84
MCAL

Besides the whole spiking with your eyes closed (I'm no volleyball player, but I'm sure that's impossible), this was another entertaining episode.
MCAL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 14:53   Link #85
Hazou
Immortal Flames

So the only sports anime I have seen is Prince of Tennis. This looks interesting, but the problem I have is...let's see

I tried to watch Free! To many men getting naked for no reason. I mean I know they are swimmers, but...really.

Kuroko no Basket was a little, um...

Is this anything like Prince of Tennis? Just a bunch of bros playing sports. And not strangely implied yaoi and the only thing I am ever going to see of this series is a lot of yaoi fan fic pairing the men together.

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 16:30   Link #86
ginger02

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazou View Post
So the only sports anime I have seen is Prince of Tennis. This looks interesting, but the problem I have is...let's see

I tried to watch Free! To many men getting naked for no reason. I mean I know they are swimmers, but...really.

Kuroko no Basket was a little, um...

Is this anything like Prince of Tennis? Just a bunch of bros playing sports. And not strangely implied yaoi and the only thing I am ever going to see of this series is a lot of yaoi fan fic pairing the men together.
Well you might see some, but not really anything major. Of course my basis for this is tumblr tags and reblogs. Nothing like Kuroko's level of pairing. heck, even Free didn't have as much as Kuroko.

Haikyuu seems to take itself less seriously than Kuroko and Prince of Tennis. It's more comedic for me anyway, but still keeps the sporty aspect.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Besides the whole spiking with your eyes closed (I'm no volleyball player, but I'm sure that's impossible), this was another entertaining episode.
It's not impossible, but you're most likely going to miss. I think some beginners have a habit of closing their eyes sometimes during spikes.
ginger02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 16:33   Link #87
Reckoner
Bittersweet Distractor

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCAL View Post
Well they did say it was pretty much a fluke. Just a very convenient one at the right time .

Hopefully we don't have too many of those moments in the future.
Reckoner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 16:34   Link #88
Hazou
Immortal Flames

Quote:
Originally Posted by ginger02 View Post
Well you might see some, but not really anything major. Of course my basis for this is tumblr tags and reblogs. Nothing like Kuroko's level of pairing. heck, even Free didn't have as much as Kuroko.

Haikyuu seems to take itself less seriously than Kuroko and Prince of Tennis. It's more comedic for me anyway, but still keeps the sporty aspect.
All right I'll give it a shot then. Thank you for answering me. You have to understand, I watch anime for a specific reason.

If I am watching a Shounen anime, I came for a reason, the fight scenes

If I am watching a reverse harem, I came for either or reason, comedy or interesting characters

If I am watching a sports anime, I came for here it comes it will blow your mind, the sports

Burn strongly and freely, my immortal flames.
Hazou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 16:41   Link #89
Cloudedmind

Send a message via MSN to Cloudedmind
Quote:
Originally Posted by Reckoner View Post
Well they did say it was pretty much a fluke. Just a very convenient one at the right time .

Hopefully we don't have too many of those moments in the future.
I'll just say this, if anyone doesn't like the whole eyes closed spiking thing, then it might be best to stop watching now.
Cloudedmind is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:05   Link #90
leongsh
Daijoubu!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cloudedmind View Post
I'll just say this, if anyone doesn't like the whole eyes closed spiking thing, then it might be best to stop watching now.
And Hinata will develop away from it.
leongsh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-04-28, 17:09   Link #91
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by leongsh View Post
snip
Spoiler:
Old 2014-05-04, 13:50   Link #92
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-04, 19:48   Link #93
SuitUp
¡Gracias Totales!

The fact that for the last couple of months I've watched only romance anime got the better of me this episode, I could not help but to wonder if the girl they introduced talking to the captain, who later apparently turns out to be a member of the volleyball team is going to be a love interest of one of our pair of protagonists.
Aside from that, it was a pretty good episode, and the upcomming practice match it's gonna be real interesting for sure, also, poor Hinata, he's not used to feeling the pressure
SuitUp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 02:39   Link #94
Guardian Enzo
Seishu's Ace
*Author

So five eps in and already Hinata got into Tanaka's pants?
Guardian Enzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2014-05-05, 03:52   Link #95
Sensual Grizzly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Oh my God, I saw this comment before I have watched the episode and was disappointed at the direction this is going. You made me chuckle.

In my opinion, this episode was weaker than the other ones. I don't know, maybe I feel this way because I have watched the other ones all at once, I am not sure. Anyway, I am kinda sad that pairing Hinata and Kageyama up to maximize their power wasn't Captain's master plan. Oh well. Looking forward to a practice match, that should be exciting!
Old 2014-05-05, 04:29   Link #96
Pellissier
♪~ Daydreaming ~♪
*Graphic Designer
*Administrator

I also found this episode weaker than the previous ones, mainly because they kinda overdid with the whole ridiculing Hinata thing. Ok, he's very emotional because of his inexperience, was it a reason to make so many gags about him? Imho, no.

Thankfully a second female character appeared, let's hope she'll have some meaningful role.

By the way, I've played a bit and followed several volleyball matches (including live international matches, or italian serie A when it was the league with the strongest players in the world) so I found kinda interesting that they will use Hinata as a blocker. Normally you put giants in that role because you know, they have to block, but since he can jump so high they try to go for touching/slowing down opponents' attacks. Everyone with some grasp of volleyball should know how much that would be important for the defenders.
Honestly I don't know if something like could be pulled out and work in reality. Usually small players automatically become either setters or libero, since they're basically free from attack duties. But this is fiction, so I liked the unconventional approach, I thought he was gonna become just another spiker, but thinking better about it, the whole practice match with quick attacks was quite the hint (quick attacks are mostly done by blockers).
Old 2014-05-05, 12:29   Link #97
Cloudedmind

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guardian Enzo View Post
Now, if only he could get into Kageyama's and then a good portion of the fandom will be happy.

Michimiya made me wish the girls volleyball team could get a spin off series.
Old 2014-05-06, 00:00   Link #98
Sensual Grizzly

Well, they knew, that choosing him as a blocker is unusual. That's why they had all explaining to do and etc. The team wasn't sure, if this would work.

I felt that this one was weaker because nothing major has happened. They just finished their match and got ready for the practice match. That's it. No realizations or something dramatic. which would change a plot a bit. At least that is how I feel. ^^
Old 2014-05-11, 05:38   Link #99
Lota

Ah, this show just makes me really really happy ^^
Old 2014-05-11, 08:14   Link #100
ookamigirl

Spoiler for plot:

Spoiler for plot:

My Blog --> ookami

Last edited by ookamigirl; 2014-05-18 at 10:22.
ookamigirl is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
sports, volleyball