AnimeSuki Forums

Register Forum Rules FAQ Members List Social Groups Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   AnimeSuki Forum > General > General Chat

Notices

Old 2013-01-25, 07:29   Link #2741
Cosmic Eagle
今宵の虎徹は血に飢えている

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
Well, considering that vast number of Sigaporeans are ethnic Chinese, I would expect them to look pretty young in general.
They all swell and end up looking like ancient nightmares once they enter the offices and grow fat on mindless jobs and gossip

*runs from angry horde*
Old 2013-01-25, 08:37   Link #2742
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

@Vexx and Aohige : You guys should just come down to Singapore next time. Even during August where we get literally baked, our girls are far from pretty or loli.

The girls across the causeway are better though. From our standpoint (or at least from those of my many mentors), the girls get better the more you go up North from here. Technically speaking, CE and Chaos are much are right than wrong coming from their sarcastic comments.

My theory is that they are trying to adapt the Western makeup techniques instead of those developed by the TJK-fashion-coalition (Taiwan-Japan-Korea) - most common fault I (or rather an old friend of mine working as a makeup artist in Oceania) is that the makeup is uneven and it is based more on making their eyes look bigger and cheeks look slimmer without considering their body proportion to their faces, or whether the fact that do they even need makeup or not.

And the way they choose dresses - goodness you girls are Asians stop trying to dress like your Western counterparts. I hold little hope that the Korean wave would change the way they put on makeup and dress.

Either that or our new pro-birth incentives will increase the number of lolis to change my viewpoibt. Though I doubt it will work because the whole plan is based grossly on McNamara's Fallacy.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
SaintessHeart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 08:58   Link #2743
willx
Nyaaan~~

^ there's nothing wrong with going Western Style for Asian women, as long as you do it right. My fiancé is tiny and skinny and she follows this girl's fashion blog near obsessively. I must admitt .. I was born and raised here in Canada, and despite copious exposure to HK-tv, this style is what most resonates with! Oh, oh, on that note.. one of my childhood friends is now a HK TVB actress, popular enough to be featured on tabloids!
Old 2013-01-25, 10:45   Link #2744
Kudryavka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vexx View Post
The earliest glimpse of a future rock drummer grrl, Japanese style.
That is really adorable. She looks so detetmined
Kudryavka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 11:17   Link #2745
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRW View Post
All asian girl is cute
From my personal experience not really. Even among my family I only consider my 15(?) year old cousin cute.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GenjiChan View Post
And Asian guys says Western women are not..... I mean hot!
Personally I find Asian girls to be cuter side, while western women to be prettier.
Old 2013-01-25, 11:22   Link #2746
Kudryavka

Western, Asian, Western... what is an Asian-American, like 2nd generation? Western? Asian?
Old 2013-01-25, 11:32   Link #2747
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by willx View Post
^ there's nothing wrong with going Western Style for Asian women, as long as you do it right. My fiancé is tiny and skinny and she follows this girl's fashion blog near obsessively. I must admitt .. I was born and raised here in Canada, and despite copious exposure to HK-tv, this style is what most resonates with! Oh, oh, on that note.. one of my childhood friends is now a HK TVB actress, popular enough to be featured on tabloids!
Not every girl can afford that level of classiness in fashion! Well, at least not with a successful man backing her.

HK is a funny place - it is probably the only place on Earth where East completely fuses with West, in terms of values, lifestyles and almost every aspect of society. The model really looks good in that coat and bag - that is called "classy" and fits her as a middle aged woman. If a younger lady were to be dressed like that to party or go out with friends, she would be what in Hokkien, we call obiang.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
From my personal experience not really. Even among my family I only consider my 15(?) year old cousin cute.
Stop taking advice from Sume-nee. You can look up to her as an older sister since both of you are Koreans, but that doesn't mean you have to support her ideas of incest..

Can introduce? I will take her home myself.

Quote:
Personally I find Asian girls to be cuter side, while western women to be prettier.
My sentiments exactly. Maybe the lack of meat in their diet makes them smaller and cuter? I don't know lol.

When three puppygirls named after pastries are on top of each other, it is called Eclair a'la menthe et Biscotti aux fraises avec beaucoup de Ricotta sur le dessus.
Most of all, you have to be disciplined and you have to save, even if you hate our current financial system. Because if you don't save, then you're guaranteed to end up with nothing.
Old 2013-01-25, 11:48   Link #2748
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

so East is cute, West is hot

I prefer the one in the "Center" AKA UK. they have nice balance :3

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 12:08   Link #2749
DonQuigleone
Knight Errant

As I see it there are 3 paradigms: Cute, hot and beautiful.

I'm partial to the 3rd myself.
DonQuigleone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 12:09   Link #2750
Terrestrial Dream
勇者

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaintessHeart View Post
Stop taking advice from Sume-nee. You can look up to her as an older sister since both of you are Koreans, but that doesn't mean you have to support her ideas of incest..

Can introduce? I will take her home myself.
Sure I could introduce to you to her, but man she is hard to please. I tried to turn her into cute little sister that would call me oppa, it failed miserably.
Old 2013-01-25, 12:10   Link #2751
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Not every girl can afford that level of classiness in fashion! Well, at least not with a successful man backing her.
Wrong! For example, this outfit:

Images
Sorry; dynamic content not loaded. Reload?

is actually quite inexpensive. Aside from the handbag (which is Coach) and the heels, the rest is from the GAP, H&M and other inexpensive places. You can replace the handbag and heels with lesser known brands that are stylish and it wouldn't be expensive. I believe this fashion blogger is from .. Boston?

Quote:
HK is a funny place - it is probably the only place on Earth where East completely fuses with West, in terms of values, lifestyles and almost every aspect of society.
I'd "somewhat" agree with you on the whole HK-style thing. I've known my friend Eliza since she was like .. 2-3 years old? Her style when she got older was very "Western" or what we call CBC (Canadian Born Chinese) but now that she's a celebrity in HK and works for TVB, her style has definitely gone "Eastern" -- I guess there's no harm posting links and pictures since I noticed she has a wikipedia entry and is a celebrity after all (the more well known the better!)

I present to you my childhood friend Eliza: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliza_Sam -
Just remembered that she did a HK TV travel show where she and another host traveled around Kansai .. so it's kind of "Japanese Culture" related ..

Images

Last edited by willx; 2013-01-25 at 13:18. Reason: Edit for broken image link.. ^^;;
willx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 12:13   Link #2752
Sumeragi
Banned

Quote:
Since when was I just a Korean?
Sumeragi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 13:13   Link #2753
RRW
Unspecified
*Scanlator

Quote:

I present to you my childhood friend Eliza: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eliza_Sam -
Just remembered that she did a HK TV travel show where she and another host traveled around Kansai .. so it's kind of "Japanese Culture" related ..

Images
Notbad.jpg

RRW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2013-01-25, 14:54   Link #2754
Kudryavka

I think girls from everywhere are nice looking and cute. I have been able to sample so many types, but theyve all been american. I never tasted a true Asian before.
Old 2013-01-25, 14:59   Link #2755
willx
Nyaaan~~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kudryavka View Post
I think girls from everywhere are nice looking and cute. I have been able to sample so many types, but theyve all been american. I never tasted a true Asian before.
Cannibalism is bad, yo!

Old 2013-01-25, 15:02   Link #2756
Kudryavka

Quote:

When you grow up youll understand my words young one.

Last edited by Kudryavka; 2013-01-25 at 16:42.
Old 2013-01-26, 00:33   Link #2757
SaintessHeart
NYAAAAHAAANNNNN~

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terrestrial Dream View Post
Sure I could introduce to you to her, but man she is hard to please. I tried to turn her into cute little sister that would call me oppa, it failed miserably.
How to categorise girls the otaku way :

This guide is solely for use on Asian girls. Western ladies have different cultures and beliefs so it does not work on them.

It is about primary and secondary traits. If I am not wrong, she would probably have the ojou-sama personality if she is hard to please, either passive or aggressive, with the subtrope of tsundere (either A or B), kuudere or yandere. Then next would be to assess mental stability and charisma level before giving the final verdict.

If we used Sume-nee as an example, she is a base ojou-sama (aggressive), subtrope yandere. Mental stability is low since she is a fujoshi+shotacon, charisma level high. Final verdict is stay as far away as possible and keep all other females out of 50m radius from her as she will abuse her charisma to lead them astray.

Quote:
Wrong! For example, this outfit:

Images

is actually quite inexpensive. Aside from the handbag (which is Coach) and the heels, the rest is from the GAP, H&M and other inexpensive places. You can replace the handbag and heels with lesser known brands that are stylish and it wouldn't be expensive. I believe this fashion blogger is from .. Boston?
Still I think the fashion kind of doesn't fit single females in the 20s - it looks really posh and fit for those successful businesswoman type as it exudes an air of elegance rather than cuteness/sweetness - it is more ladylike than girlish.

Or maybe it is just me because I look from the perspective of dressing as a cosplayer.

Quote:
'd "somewhat" agree with you on the whole HK-style thing. I've known my friend Eliza since she was like .. 2-3 years old? Her style when she got older was very "Western" or what we call CBC (Canadian Born Chinese) but now that she's a celebrity in HK and works for TVB, her style has definitely gone "Eastern" -- I guess there's no harm posting links and pictures since I noticed she has a wikipedia entry and is a celebrity after all (the more well known the better!)

Damn you are bloody well-connected lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sumeragi View Post
Since when was I just a Korean?
Stop abusing your ethnicity-fuelled charisma to corrupt the younger generation. Japan, Taiwan and Hong Kong already have a sizeable base of fujoshis and I believe that Korea (or maybe the rest of Asia) doesn't need any.

I don't want to date an Asian otaku girl in the future who enjoys following me on guys' night out hoping to see that two or more of us get drunk and just make out.

On the other hand, I somehow noticed that fujoshis and otaku-girls somehow have a better fashion sense that girls who are not into this kind of stuff, or just borderline idol-chasers. Unfortunately they don't have a straight train of thought.

Old 2013-01-26, 02:20   Link #2758
willx
Nyaaan~~

Oh, we were going for cuteness/sweetness/adorableness? I'm in the wrong place..

Quote:
Damn you are bloody well-connected lol.
^ Incorrect. I will remind you again that I grew up in the "hood" and very poor. So I'm actually not very well connected at all, a point I'm slightly bitter about. That said, I'm a tinsy bit weirded out about my friend becoming a celebrity and prancing about in swimsuits, considering I was good friends with her brother and remember her at the age of 2-3 flopping about in inflatable bathtub fins..
Old 2013-01-26, 03:26   Link #2759
aohige
( ಠ_ಠ)

A hundred years ago, our girls were nearly midgets.
Western food culture isn't always a negative influence.

Hell, Japan didn't even have meat-eating culture till the modern age either.
Unlike the Chinese, we didn't exactly have an abundance of land animals to cattle.
Old 2013-01-26, 03:43   Link #2760
Chaos2Frozen
We're Back

Quote:
Originally Posted by aohige View Post
A hundred years ago, our girls were nearly midgets.
To Saintess, that's actually a good thing.
Chaos2Frozen is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
culture, discussion, japan, japanese culture